Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soul_Seeker

KHDays 358/2 Days Is a Bad Game

I agree.

I await my imminent death now.

Don't be afraid to voice your opinion even if it isn't agreeing with the majority of a fanbase

I don't like Days either but personally I hate Birth by Sleep more

Coded here. Days was pretty bad. I did like seeing Axel playing the role 'big brother' though.

Edited by Svard

Eh, it's alright. The game's supposed to be boring by design, it's about Roxas's mostly daily life in the Organization. It's basically Fanfiction: The Game. Still kind of enjoyed it anyway sort of maybe. 

Edited by Kaweebo

Everyone has different opinions and I respect everyone's opinion. In my opinion 358/2 Days is my favorite side-story game BECAUSE of the story, pacing, and Xion. The gameplay was not favorite but hey 358/2 Days gameplay was a lot better than Chain of Memories card battle gameplay. I honestly didn't care about the missions because I found of the missions very enjoyable especially going on missions with the other Organization XIII members, like Xion, Luxord, Xaldin, and Axel of course. I like the pacing because I got to learn more about the Organization XIII members because it show me that they have more human side in this game. Xion and Axel were one of my highlights in this game because they both help develop and evolve Roxas character. Xion was the one of my two main reasons why I was so interesting in buying 358/2 Days back in 2009. My first reason to buy the game was because I'm huge Kingdom Hearts fan and my second reason was because Xion was a mysterious character and I wanted to learn more about her. And her death scene was not memorable in my opinion so I disagree with that guy said. Her most memorable scenes in my opinion was her friendship with Roxas and Axel, going on missions with Roxas, and her interaction with Namine and Riku and trying to discover her identity and her origins.

Edited by Movies798

agree.     I await my imminent death now.
The plot was great, I just wish they kinda diverted the attention from a certain someone (won't say becuz spoilers) and towards the other org members

Days was my first KH game and to this day it's still one of my favorites because of the narrative and the challenging missions every now and then. Mission mode added an extra layer to post-game which i took a very long time to get tired of. I also enjoyed Coded because it was just really fun and a different KH experience overall(Definitely enjoyed it more than BBS in the sense of fun).

Well. At least I'm not dead yet.

I can understand most of the opinions in this thread, but Days is personally my least favorite because of the reasons in the video and the fact that I just can't seem to replay it without being forced in some way. It just felt like a chore to me instead of a game.

The story may be crucial to the overall series, but other than that, Days doesn't have many redeeming factors to me.

Days was ok,I enjoyed the story but the gameplay was boring,the missions got old very quickly.Chain of memories was worst and Recoded was much worst

Edited by Isaix

Gameplay could've been better.

I like the deck command system they used for Coded, BBS, and 3D.

They should've used it here.

Also boss fights were annoying, especially leechgrave

I was hoping for a lot more engaging discussion as a result of Sky's video, you guys haven't even scratched the surface.

If I had to label Days, it was a game with infinitely missed potential.

Days was a wonderful opportunity to get some backstory and insight on Organization XIII and it's members. Instead the focus is narrowed to just Roxas, Axel, and Xion's relationship, and while I think Roxas and Axel are awesome and getting some insight on their history is great, Xion is just incredibly uninteresting and there a bunch of days where nothing happens and you start to see the plot getting really stale really fast.

The combat had some cool stuff about it. There were SO many Keyblade to choose from and a lot of them had their own combo modifications, making them incredibly unique. You also had Keyblades specifically dedicated to Magic, Air Combos, Ground Combos, etc., and adding Ability Units to unlock a new combo or ability within the Keyblade was also super fun. Your Keyblade was just very customizable and I find that really cool. The magic system was really poor, item magic I feel is just an overall bad idea. Why would I run Cure when Hi-Potion is the same thing as Cure but just better? If anything, the -ra and -ga forms of spells not just being a stronger version of the same thing I thought was super cool. Blizzaga being an AOE ice mine I thought was very creative.

I think where Days REALLY starts to wear on people is the mission system. The idea is to prepare for each mission, setting up your panels so that you have a better chance of success. The problem is a LOT of these missions just end up being really slow, tedious, and overall boring. Instead of naturally wanting to visit a world and beat up heartless, this regimented format makes going to a world seem like a chore. It's your job now to go to these worlds and do recon or beat a big heartless, and the over combat sadly isn't very in-depth either, which really doesn't help the matter. The backpack system in each mission is also an absolute joke. Your only allowed to carry a certain amount of items, and when you're full, you then have to decide between 2 synth items you're not sure you really need, which was never an issue in any other KH game and it doesn't add to the overall experience, it's just frustrating. Another potential reason for why the mission system failed so much is that your goal was so long-term, I don't think players really cared or got attached. Roxas' role is obviously to defeat heartless which will eventually build Kingdom Hearts, but that goal is so far in the future, you really don't have much to look forward to plowing through these missions. You only have about 8 "real" bosses in the game, and half of them are very poorly designed. Other than that, your reward for each mission is a cutscene usually involving Roxas, Axel, and Xion, and even then, like Sky pointed out, sometimes NOTHING happens in these cutscenes. These are big reasons for why the overall mission system drags on for what seems like forever.

It's not the worst KH game I've seen, but it's pretty close.