Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
shibuyarain

Who has been the best voice actor to play Xehanort so far?

Who has been the best voice actor to play Xehanort so far?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been the best voice actor to play Xehanort so far?

• Leonard Nimoy
    • Billy Zane
    • Benjamin Diskin
    • Paul St. Peter
    • Richard Epcar
    • David Gallagher

Maybe I'm just actor illiterate but it would be useful if you put which game/version of xehanort each actor voiced to make it easier to remember.

Leonard because reasons :P

I didn't feel it was necessary to put a bunch of extra information on the poll.

Edited by Kaito Aozora

Nimoy, no question! His voice was made for a villain, and it is great that he was able to explore those more villainous roles in the last years of his life. Whoever voices MX next is going to have some large shoes to fill.

I love repeat love leonard nimoy as master xehanort. But i think i love paul st peters dramatic speeches as xemnas more. I dont know, something about the way he tries to be emotionless in all his scenes just makes his voice perfect for a nobody.

Definitely Nimoy. So much gravitas that it hurt.

I am a fan of Richard Epcar's Ansem, though. Billy Zane was good in the first game, but I think Epcar's performance adds this touch of desperation that's super appropriate after his initial defeat.

They're all good, though. Gallagher doesn't count.

Definitely Nimoy. So much gravitas that it hurt.I am a fan of Richard Epcar's Ansem, though. Billy Zane was good in the first game, but I think Epcar's performance adds this touch of desperation that's super appropriate after his initial defeat.They're all good, though. Gallagher doesn't count.

David's voice is still in KH1, so he counts. :)

Edited by Kaito Aozora

Aww, come on, no fair!  You shoulda put an "All Of The Above" choice in the poll, cuz all the Geezernort's so far have been amazing! :D

But I gotta say, the Geezernort who I think has had the best voice is Leonard Nimoy, bless his soul!  His gravely, evil and wicked voice gave life to the character, and I loved listening to his voice when he appeared onscreen!  It's like that guy that walks into a place and starts talking, and you just sit there and listen all day long! That's how I feel about Mr. Nimoy!  That dude really nailed Geezernort's evilness to perfection! :D

Paul St. Peter would have to be my second favorite Geezernort!  His portrayal as Mansex is one of my all time favorites, and I just love how deep his voice is!  It really fits with the character!  He has lots of memorable quotes!  Like: "As your flesh bears the sigil, so your name shall be known as that...of a Recusant!" and "Can you spare a heart...?" and last but not least, everyone's favorite quote... "Nothingnessssss....isss...eterrrrnallll!!!!!"  But yeah, Paul's work as Mansex is definitely top notch, so yeah, he's my second favorite! :3

Benjamin Diskin is my third favorite Geezernort!  Like, the first time I heard his voice in the English KH3D trailers, I was like: "Yep, that's it, this guy's a badass!" Ben did a great job portraying Young Geezernort, and the way his voice resounded in the game really made me think that this was probably how Geezernort sounded like before he went all Nimoy as he got older! But yeah, overall, Young Geezernort's one of my favorite villains in the KH series! :3

And honestly, I don't really mind Richard Epcar or Billy Zane.  I think that both of their portrayals as Ansem, Seeker Of Cool Vibes were great!  They both sounded pretty cool, and I don't have any particular preference for either of them.  So yeah, they're both cool in my book! :D

As for David Gallagher...wait, he was never a full fledged Geezernort...oh wait! *Snaps fingers and remembers the whole Hollow Bastion fiasco in KH1.*  Oh, okay, never mind, I remember when he merged with Ansem and the two of them sounded all demonic like with their combined voices!  I'd say his voice synced well with Epcar's during the scenes they were mixed together! :D

Lol, see what I mean?  I can't choose just one voice actor!  Here I went and explained why I liked each one's portrayal!  See what I mean?  I'm bad with choices in polls!!! Except when it comes to babes!  Any of the fine ladies of the X-Men I see dancing on polls, and I'll be there diddly squat! ;)

Technically, the only reason David Gallagher is here is because he voices Riku and Riku's been possessed by Xehanort. I really don't think that should count since he's really just the voice of Riku rather than a full incarnation of Xehanort and he never speaks in that state without the echo of Billy Zane or Richard Epcar alongside him.

I'm picking Ben Diskin. I love every line his character says and the way he works at portraying him is really interesting. Every voice actor on this list is an absolute talent giant though.

Aww, come on, no fair!  You shoulda put an "All Of The Above" choice in the poll, cuz all the Geezernort's so far have been amazing! :D

But I gotta say, the Geezernort who I think has had the best voice is Leonard Nimoy, bless his soul!  His gravely, evil and wicked voice gave life to the character, and I loved listening to his voice when he appeared onscreen!  It's like that guy that walks into a place and starts talking, and you just sit there and listen all day long! That's how I feel about Mr. Nimoy!  That dude really nailed Geezernort's evilness to perfection! :D

Paul St. Peter would have to be my second favorite Geezernort!  His portrayal as Mansex is one of my all time favorites, and I just love how deep his voice is!  It really fits with the character!  He has lots of memorable quotes!  Like: "As your flesh bears the sigil, so your name shall be known as that...of a Recusant!" and "Can you spare a heart...?" and last but not least, everyone's favorite quote... "Nothingnessssss....isss...eterrrrnallll!!!!!"  But yeah, Paul's work as Mansex is definitely top notch, so yeah, he's my second favorite! :3

Benjamin Diskin is my third favorite Geezernort!  Like, the first time I heard his voice in the English KH3D trailers, I was like: "Yep, that's it, this guy's a badass!" Ben did a great job portraying Young Geezernort, and the way his voice resounded in the game really made me think that this was probably how Geezernort sounded like before he went all Nimoy as he got older! But yeah, overall, Young Geezernort's one of my favorite villains in the KH series! :3

And honestly, I don't really mind Richard Epcar or Billy Zane.  I think that both of their portrayals as Ansem, Seeker Of Cool Vibes were great!  They both sounded pretty cool, and I don't have any particular preference for either of them.  So yeah, they're both cool in my book! :D

As for David Gallagher...wait, he was never a full fledged Geezernort...oh wait! *Snaps fingers and remembers the whole Hollow Bastion fiasco in KH1.*  Oh, okay, never mind, I remember when he merged with Ansem and the two of them sounded all demonic like with their combined voices!  I'd say his voice synced well with Epcar's during the scenes they were mixed together! :D

Lol, see what I mean?  I can't choose just one voice actor!  Here I went and explained why I liked each one's portrayal!  See what I mean?  I'm bad with choices in polls!!! Except when it comes to babes!  Any of the fine ladies of the X-Men I see dancing on polls, and I'll be there diddly squat! ;)

Technically, the only reason David Gallagher is here is because he voices Riku and Riku's been possessed by Xehanort. I really don't think that should count since he's really just the voice of Riku rather than a full incarnation of Xehanort and he never speaks in that state without the echo of Billy Zane or Richard Epcar alongside him.

I'm picking Ben Diskin. I love every line his character says and the way he works at portraying him is really interesting. Every voice actor on this list is an absolute talent giant though.

Wait didn't David play Young Xehanort in BBS? In that tiny little cutscene at the very beginning?

Wait didn't David play Young Xehanort in BBS? In that tiny little cutscene at the very beginning?

Yes, but one short line as a temporary stand-in prior to an official cast of the role hardly counts.

Wait, that was him?  Are you serious!? *Looks at Roxasrox's post.*  

That mother lover Gallagher!  Wow, I didn't even know he had voiced Young Xehanort in BBS!  Huh, well color me surprised! :O

Edited by The Transcendent Key