Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
shibuyarain

How many live action Disney films do you think will feature as worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3?

How many live action Disney films do you think will feature as worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How many live action Disney films do you think will feature as worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3?

• None; this is the game of computer animated films!
    • One; just like Dream Drop Distance.
    • Two; just like Kingdom Hearts II.
    • Three; to top KH2.
    • More; they will go all out!!

Two max, based on what we've seen and heard so far it seems they will likely be focusing more on the Pixar-esque films (computer generated).  Unreal Engine 4 and the art direction of KH3 seem to lend themselves beautifully to that whole category.

Edited by Ven983

To be honest, I think we will only have two at the most, mainly due to the fact that there are more animated films that would fit the KH3 theme more than live action, but I do expect like two live action films because they could use themes from those movies as well, since KH2 really used Tron and Pirates to compliment the overall theme of KH2, and KH3D was the perfect time to bring in The Grid.

i feel like SE and Disney are really trying to show how they can bring the Disney films to life (mainly the more recent ones, possibly because marketing) with the new consoles, so they'll stick to mainly the animated movies. possibly throw in one live action movie just to have another shot at it, with hopefully less uncanny valley. 

Honestly, the only live action flicks I see coming to KH are the other Pirates movies, and then there's also Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland!  I think Narnia would be a good choice too, but I was told Universal has the rights to Narnia now, so I dunno!

But yeah, basically, put Dead Man's Chest as the story of the Pirates world, and use the whole Scrapbook Of Prophecies to make Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland make sense!  Cuz people be like: "Alice is a grown ass woman there, no way there's such a huge time gap in such a small time!"  WRONG, PEOPLE!  THIS IS WHERE THE SCRAPBOOK OF PROPHECIES COMES INTO PLAY!  IT BRINGS FUTURE WORLDS INTO THE PAST!!!  So with that in mind, I think Tim Burton's Alice could be a possibility!  It'd definitely be interesting to see! :3

But yeah, two live actions worlds will probably be in KHIII. Pirates, and Tim Burton's Wonderland.  I'm calling it! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Honestly, the only live action flicks I see coming to KH are the other Pirates movies, and then there's also Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland!  I think Narnia would be a good choice too, but I was told Universal has the rights to Narnia now, so I dunno!

But yeah, basically, put Dead Man's Chest as the story of the Pirates world, and use the whole Scrapbook Of Prophecies to make Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland make sense!  Cuz people be like: "Alice is a grown ass woman there, no way there's such a huge time gap in such a small time!"  WRONG, PEOPLE!  THIS IS WHERE THE SCRAPBOOK OF PROPHECIES COMES INTO PLAY!  IT BRINGS FUTURE WORLDS INTO THE PAST!!!  So with that in mind, I think Tim Burton's Alice could be a possibility!  It'd definitely be interesting to see! :3

But yeah, two live actions worlds will probably be in KHIII. Pirates, and Tim Burton's Wonderland.  I'm calling it! :3

They're never bringing in a live action version of an animated film already in the series.

They're never bringing in a live action version of an animated film already in the series.

Never say never, Papa. (although I'm indifferent about whether they should or not, anyway)

I honestly don't know if we can expect a live-action film to appear in this series. It may be that the Square team might feel that, due to the upgrade in technology, that a live-action world is too ambitious. Or, given the high likelihood of Pixar films being included on top of the Animated Canon, they might simply not have any room. All I can say is if they plan on including a live-action film in KHIII, I'd personally love to see one of the Pirates sequels appear purely to have a boss fight against Davy Jones. A world based on one of the first two Chronicles of Narnia movies would be awesome as well, although I'm not sure how feasible it would be. 

Ooh, ooh! Or we could get a world based off of National Treasure and have Nicholas Cage as a party member! 

Edited by Kaweebo

Never say never, Papa. (although I'm indifferent about whether they should or not, anyway)

I honestly don't know if we can expect a live-action film to appear in this series. It may be that the Square team might feel that, due to the upgrade in technology, that a live-action world is too ambitious. Or, given the high likelihood of Pixar films being included on top of the Animated Canon, they might simply not have any room. All I can say is if they plan on including a live-action film in KHIII, I'd personally love to see one of the Pirates sequels appear purely to have a boss fight against Davy Jones. A world based on one of the first two Chronicles of Narnia movies would be awesome as well, although I'm not sure how feasible it would be. 

Ooh, ooh! Or we could get a world based off of National Treasure and have Nicholas Cage as a party member! 

This and KH will lose my respect...#nottrue

As many as they want, but for optimism's sake I'll just say three, because magic number.

So, 20 worlds for KH3? 7 Lights, 13 Darknesses? Visit each world three times?

Edited by SRKTVAMDGRLXN

Ok, 1) They already HAVE done live-action worlds before (Pirates, Tron, Tron Legacy). The only difference with what Isamu is saying is that it seems doubtful that any live-action REMAKES of originally animated films (Maleficent, Alice In Wonderland, Cinderella, etc.) will ever be included in KH3, if for no other reason than the simple fact that they would entirely contradict the original animated versions that are already present within the KH universe (animated Maleficent and Angelina Joline Maleficent can't both exist and they can't be the same person either, they're far too different). Now granted, if they wanted to use a live-action remake of an animated movie that hasn't been featured in KH yet, they could probably get away with it. However, they would then be eliminating the option of using the classic animated version in the future, and odds are they are going to stick with what is most iconic (I mean odds are the original Pete's Dragon is much more iconic than the live-action version ever will be). If any live-action Disney film is going to be added to any future KH game, it is likely going to be one that is iconic in it's own right, ie not being some remake of an already established Disney film,

Which brings me to 2) National Treasure. Hell. NO. I don't think I need to explain why this wouldn't work, but I'll do it anyway. For starters, the "world" of National Treasure is, for lack of a better word, "normal". Hidden treasures and conspiracy theories aside, there is nothing supernatural or magical going on in those films, just a search for buried treasure. Not to mention the main setting is various national monuments in the United States, and do you honestly expect Square to really care that much about the US's various landmarks? And as I said, the "world" of NT is just too contemporary to really stand out that much. San Fransokyo is a futuristic hybrid of two vastly different cities and cultures, The Grid is a computer world designed after a cityscape, Port Royal is a pirate-infested sea with haunting looking environments with undead pirates around every corner. National Treasure is just normal contemporary America with some hidden gold somewhere. North America isn't exactly known for being exotic, at least not as far as the western world is concerned. There's nothing supernatural going on to warrant Heartless to be fitting there (don't even bother to use other people's greed as an excuse, even the good guys are after the treasure for profit) and if Nicolas Cage were to ever be in anything Kingdom Hearts, I'd much rather him be something more funny or interesting than a watered down Indiana Jones. If anything, Indiana Jones would have a better shot considering how much supernatural stuff is going on in those movies, and they stick to exotic locations instead of going to places that have literally appeared in almost every action movie produced by Hollywood. Not to mention that it's a much more iconic franchise. Basically if it's exciting enough for a Disney Park attraction, then it's interesting enough to have a world in KH. By comparison, National Treasure as a world would just be...boring, even if the movie itself can be entertaining.

This and KH will lose my respect...#nottrue

So, 20 worlds for KH3? 7 Lights, 13 Darknesses? Visit each world three times?

Yup.

Most likely.

Bring it on. X)

Wall of text

1.) I meant 'game', not series. Obviously we've seen live-action worlds before. I understand what Isamu said and I still stand by what I said. I'm indifferent to it, but I wouldn't say they'd never have worlds based on live-action remakes of animated films. 

2.) Posted Image

Edited by Kaweebo

1.) I meant 'game', not series. Obviously we've seen live-action worlds before. I understand what Isamu said and I still stand by what I said. I'm indifferent to it, but I wouldn't say they'd never have worlds based on live-action remakes of animated films. 

2.) Posted Image

1) Well I still don't see it happening. They tend to go with classics more often than not, and unless they wanted to deal with time paradoxes and alternate universes and whatnot (with the Disney worlds at least), I don't see them doing both. It's like how some fans think Star Wars and Marvel shouldn't be in KH at all, it just doesn't sit well with me. So yeah, don't agree there, oh well.

2) Well sarcasm doesn't translate onto text too well, so excuse me.

Posted Image

but they concaled the tron 3 movie I think so, that world's not going to be in kingdom hearts 3.

Just because the movie was canceled doesn't mean the world won't appear. I know it sort of goes against their "no old areas" policy, but it's still a lingering plot thread (moreso in terms of the one from DDD) that they need to address somehow.Plus, there was that TV series they could draw from.