Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aqua7KH

Stay Together (a Roxas & Xion rp) (1x1 with Mystic)

The sirens blared and spotlights shined in the small community of Camp XIII, one of the few camps of survivors that were actually safe. The camp was on the highest ground in the city, which due to the flooding, was now just an island with many tall remnants of buildings surrounding it. The world had suffered a great deal the past decade and now it was survival of the fittest. It just hit dusk in the camp and so it was on lockdown for the night. The only people who were allowed outside at night were guards and other important members of the camp. Roxas sighed softly as he watched the guards run to their posts through a small little opening he made in the boarded up windows of the small building he was placed in. His belly was empty and he hadn't slept very well in days. Roxas, like everyone else, didn't have a wonderful life. He doesn't know who his parents are and for as long as he could remember he was just in and out of different different places and different groups. He never knew anyone for more than three months except for where he was now. He just followed everyone else because he didn't see a purpose in anything really. That is, until he met Xion.

Roxas looked back from the window and into the small bathroom-sized room he was in. He had to share it with Xion and the fact that the bunk beds could barely fit into the room didn't help much either. Still, he didn't mind it one bit because he was with her. Even though all the cold nights. If anything, he'd give her his blanket to use as an extra one.

"The guards sure are busy tonight." Roxas said with a chuckle. "Hopefully they don't freeze their butts off out there. It gets so cold at night sometimes."

Dusk was quickly approaching, casting long shadows around the camp.  Soon she would have to return, but this was the raven-haired maiden's favorite time of day.  She let out a sigh, staring longingly out at the city below.  The buildings sparkled in the low sunlight.  Or, whatever remained of the buildings, that is.  Many unexpected things had been happening all around the globe.  First came the horrendously freezing temperatures, and now the floods.  Things seemed out of balance and unpredictable, casting so many people in a flight of panic.  Death tolls had only risen day by day, with very little place for anyone to go.  Xion fidgeted with the brass locket around her neck, letting out a sigh as she closed her eyes.  This was not how she pictured the end of the world.

Finally she turned, picking up the freshly-wrapped bread.  A kind elderly lady had sold it to her from a nearby shelter.  Sure it was for a pretty penny, and her and Roxas didn't have much to begin with, but in the end she felt it was worth it.  They hadn't a decent meal in at least a week.  'Sides, she really wanted to make her best friend smile.

The flap of the tent opened as Xion emerged, wrapped tightly her lilac scarf and thick coat.  Her cheeks were rosy from the cold, a smile stretched fine upon her face.  "Roxas," she greeted softly, lowering her arms to allow the bread to slide gently onto the mat they used for a table.  "I brought us dinner!"

Roxas had shown the young woman so much kindness, and Xion would be ever grateful to him for all of it.  Ever since the flood she had been terrified, plagued by nightmares of death and destruction, and Roxas was always there.  She made her way to a large backpack, pulling out a bag of lunch meat and pickles.  They would make a meal out of this, and they would enjoy it.  She zipped it shut, turning to steal a sideways glance at her friend.  "So . . . how have you been?"

Roxas was taken away from his focus on the guards by the soft familiar voice that entered the room. Almost immediatly Roxas' lips curved into a big smile as he looked at the guards going about. Xion was here. Every time Xion was in his presence, physically or mentally, Roxas always had something to be happy about. She was his reason to keep going in a world such as this. She was his light within the darkness.

Immediately, Roxas turned around and chuckled. Xion was able to snag them some dinner. Honestly, he was happier seeing Xion than the food which his stomach disagreed. He went forward and pulled Xion into a hug. Right after he pulled away and held onto her shoulders.

"This is amazing. We're gonna go to sleep full tonight Xion. Come on warm up in bed and I'll make us dinner." Everyone outside would be shocked of Roxas acting in such away. Normally he'd be more serious and have more of a temper. But when he was with Xion, he always acted so friendly. So happy. "You're practically a walking sea salt Popsicle!"

Xion closed her eyes and laughed.  It was good to hear Roxas joking again and being so optimistic.  That is what they both needed to survive in this world, after all.  If anything, perhaps it was selfish that Xion desired Roxas to be happy; it made her feel better inside.

"A popsicle would be an understatement!" she grasped the hand on her shoulder, bringing it closer to her cheek.  His hand felt warm against it.  "But I'll be fine.  I'd like to help.  I mean, it won't be much, but I think we can enjoy it."  She brought a finger to her lips, contemplating what she would next propose.  "Hey, Roxas, I was wondering . . . .  C--could we build a fire and eat outside, maybe toast the bread and watch the stars come out?"

Maybe, just maybe, things would almost be as they once were.  She was so grateful to have Roxas as a friend.  After all, he was all that she had left.  "We'll warm up by the fire, and maybe you could tell me some more stories?"  That was another thing she loved: Roxas' stories.  She could not remember a life before the group home she'd lived in before the flood, which was probably the past two years of her life.  After meeting Roxas (likely in school), she was so shy that she could barely speak to him at first.  Yet they shared a similarity which bonded them close: neither had a family to call their own.  At least Roxas had his memories, something Xion truly cherished and yearned to hear about, especially his encounters with Axel.

Roxas blushed when Xion held his hand to her cheek. Her rosy soft cheeks earned his heart. He was grateful to have such a friend in his life. Roxas felt like he was the luckiest boy on earth, to even meet such a girl. Xion was the only good thing about the world now. Everything else didn't matter. And Roxas was going to make sure Xion was safe and happy.

"Sure. I'll try not to burn the bread." Roxas said with a nervous chuckle. He had a habit of overcooking food sometimes. With the same smile and excitement, Roxas went over to the bundle of supplies in the corner and brought out some wood he managed to gather as well as dry leaves to keep the fire lit. Carefully, he also slid a fire starter in his pocket. Such a rare item was well desired by other survivors. Fights would break out over the item. Roxas knew because he was in one of them and managed to escape out alive with it by using his agility and skills. He knew how to fight. Others underestimated that because of his age. Roxas used that as his strength.

Roxas began to carry the Items outside, looking back at the bundle of blankets he saw on their makeshift cots. "We could set the blankets outside too so we can be extra toasty!"

A look of concern flashed across Xion's face as Roxas discreetly hid his fire-starter.  It was quite likely their last one.  Now she started to wonder if the fire was a bad idea, and starting it would be all her fault.  "Are you sure this is still a good idea?" she asked, quietly joining Roxas outside with their blankets folded over her arm.  "I mean, is that our last fire starter?  We might really need it sometime.  It would be hard to replace."  Knowing Roxas, however, he would still want to go through with their plans, something Xion felt slightly guilty for.  He did so much for her, all of the time, and she felt that she could only offer him very little in return.

Sometimes she felt that she was worthless compared to him.

Still, she didn't want this to ruin the night.  Their night.  With a proper meal and a fire.  She set the blankets down, helping to compile the wood in an orderly fashion for the fire.  "And don't worry about burning the bread, silly," Xion commented lightly.  "That's what I'm here for!  I'll remind you to check it!"

The place was so silent, perhaps too much so for Xion's taste.  She drew her knees to her chest and glanced over her shoulder, her warm breath fogging before her face in the cold night air.  There was hardly anyone out anymore, most scrambling for shelter inside of their tents.  No birds could be heard overhead, nor the chirping of crickets.  None of the warming comforts that would put her soul at ease.  She turned her head to find Roxas, to which she smiled slightly.  At least he was a comfort, if nothing else, and a major one at that.

Roxas looked back at Xion when she voiced her concern. He gave her a soft smile, assuring that everything was going to be okay.

"We'll be fine. It's a great idea." He knelt down infront of the bundle of wood and dry leaves. He took two rocks off the ground. "If it'll make you feel better, I'll try to start a fire with the rocks. How hard could it be? If not, I'll just use a little bit of the fire starter to make a tiny spark to get the fire going. Besides, I can get us another one." Roxas began to knock the rocks together over the leaves, trying to create a spark to start the fire. He tried a couple of attempts, but wasn't really getting nowhere. There was a few small signs of a spark but nothing else.

"I'll just use the fire starter. Don't worry Xion- these things last a while. Tomorrow I'll grab us a lighter or some matches as a backup. They're aren't too hard to grab."

Roxas took the fire starter and clicked it over the dry leaves. Almost immediatly he was able to create the spark, which out put the dry leaves in embers. He cuffed his hand around the embers and blowed softly on to it. Within a few minutes, he was able to start a nice little fire.

"Perfect." Roxas said with a rather triumphant smile, rather proud of the fire. He sat down next to Xion, and rolled out the mat to set down the food infront of them.

"Let's make the sandwiches together." Roxas said with an exciting gaze. He grabbed a blanket, and draped it over the both of them. It was rather peaceful at night with everyone resting. "The stars should be out by the time we're done."

Roxas' confidence highly increased hers.  A smile curved Xion's lips as Roxas draped a blanket over their shoulders, the sandwich bread and supplies between them.  She tugged at the corner of the blanket with a tiny pallid hand, drawing it tightly around herself before tucking it under her chin to keep it in place.  "Right, let's do this."

With her free hand she unscrewed the lid of the pickle jar by bracing the jar between her knees.  She wasn't much of a pickle fan, but they were cheap and did top sandwiches nicely.  Plus with the coldness of the weather food didn't spoil as quickly as it would normally, which was a definite boon here.  Xion then grasped the bread, tore out her pocket knife, and sliced the loaf down the middle.  A look of confusion crossed her face as she glanced between the bread and the fire.  She wasn't quite sure how to effectively toast it without getting burned.  Carefully she held out one half, turning it periodically until it browned on one side.

"So, Roxas," she began, voice soft.  "Tell me: do you miss having a lot of friends?  You know, back in the other places you've been?  I don't see you talk to people often anymore.  The people just aren't friendly here . . . are they?"

Roxas worked on his own bread too- he opened it with his bare hands and placed whatever small meats they had inside. He only took a little bit of the meat, wanting Xion to take as much as she wanted. Roxas closed his eyes and allowed the fire warm him up along with the blanket. He felt rather content. He had no worries when Xion was around.

Roxas held out his sandwich over the fire, deciding to munch on a pickle as he waited. He watched as the bread slowly toasted. Roxas didn't want to toast it too much for the bread would burn.

Xion suddenly asked him about his past. Roxas hummed and looked to the girl. He had to think of it for a moment. It wasn't exactly pleasant thinking about his life before he met her, especially since he never had a purpose before he did.

"Do I miss my other friends?" Roxas couldn't help but chuckle, lips forming a small smile.

"I... I never thought about it... Before I came here I wasn't really living. I wasn't even existing. I was just... Here. But that's okay. Now that I have you I never felt so alive!" He chimed, pulling his bread out to check it. "It's just... I just felt so alone. Even in the camps I've been in. There were some people who took care of me. There was this one guy... I think he was named Cid. He was nice to me. I guess he counts and the other people who helped me. I was thought a lot of things of how to survive and stuff. But... Up until now, you're really my one and only friend, Xion. You're my best friend. Everyone else here is nice... But I'm an outsider."

Edited by Aqua7KH

Color rushed to Xion's cheeks as she turned from Roxas to gaze into the fire, her heart fluttering in her chest.  "R--really?  I make you feel alive?"  She could hardly believe that anyone would think of her presence as a comfort, let alone of such importance as Roxas was emphasizing.  It meant a lot to her that she could make such a difference in his life, and brought her a pang of joy and strange fluttering in her stomach that she couldn't quite describe.  But it was joyous.

"I felt so alone, too, Roxas, before we were on our own like this. I can't remember everything, not more than maybe a couple of years, but what I do remember before you was bleak and so dark.  No one even treated me like a human being with my own feelings"--she tightened her hand into a fist, which she eyed carefully as she spoke--"people acted like I wasn't even my own person.  You respect me, and give me a reason to smile every day."  She paused, turning to Roxas and smiling shyly.  "Roxas, you're my very best friend, too.  And I thank you, for being here for me.  I don't know what I'd do without you."

Just the very thought brought a small tear to her eye.  She bit into her sandwich, chewing it slowly, allowing the flavors to spread across her tongue and the warmth of the toasted bread to warm her insides.  It felt good to eat real food.  At least they had an abundance of water at all times!  (Not that it was always clean).

"Now, about this Cid: what was he like?"  Xion leaned in to Roxas, turning her head up to smile into his face.  She loved his stories, and feeling the warmth of his voice and body heavily put her soul at ease and made her feel safe--something she didn't often experience nowadays.

"Of coarse you do, Xion. Alive." Roxas closed his eyes. It was funny. Now that he had Xion, he couldn't imagine a life without her. Such an idea broke his heart. Everything he did evolved around her. His entire existance evolved around her. It made him happy to know that he had someone to fight for. That someone would fight for him, too. He and Xion were in this together.

Roxas listened to Xion's words and couldn't help but frown. He absolutely hated to see Xion even be the slightest bit sad. When she clenched her fist, Roxas placed his hand on it and squeezed it gently.

"Hey, that doesn't matter now." Roxas said with a reassuring smile. "You're here with me. We're best friends, eating pretty sweet sandwiches." As he said that, he took a bite of his sandwich. "We're gonna be okay." Roxas' puffed up his cheeks with the bread in his mouth like a little chipmunk hoping to get at least a smile out of the girl. He chuckled and swallowed his food, taking a swig of eager to wash it down.

"Now-" he said as he wiped his mouth with his wrist. "He's an old man. He'd get really upset if you called him old though. And kinda bulky. He had this reallllllly weird accent too! He was stern and wouldn't take anything from anybody. That's why everyone liked him especially the other 'youngsters' he took care of. If you needed help, you'd go to him and he'd look after you. He was a pilot too. Or at least that's what he told us. He also wore these goggles. You'd like him. Maybe one day you'll meet him."

Roxas leaned his head back and looked up at the stars. What a beautiful evening, it was. At least the sky remained the same.

A giggle escaped Xion's lips as Roxas tried to talk through a mouth full of sandwich.  He looked so silly!  She wiped her own mouth with the back of her hand as she listened to his story; she could feel his voice vibrate his ribcage as she leaned into him.  "It sounds like Cid is a very interesting person," agreed Xion.  "I'll be sure to inform him that you referred to him as old, too!"

After finishing her sandwich, Xion noticed Roxas glance up to the stars, to which she followed.  The night sky was beautiful.  With no city lights polluting the sky one could very clearly make out the beautiful canopy of stars on a midnight-blue sky.  She craned her neck and brought her knees once more to her chest.  It was breathtaking.

"Roxas?  Have you ever seen a shooting star?"  Xion piped suddenly, her face illuminated from the fire as it remained tilted upward into the sky.  "I have always wanted to see one, but they are very rare nowadays.  I have heard that they're beautiful, and that any wish you make on one will come true.  Do you believe in any of that?"

A cold gust of wind swept across their campfire, causing the fire to shudder yet it continued to thrive.  Xion shivered slightly, drawing the blanket tighter across her slight form and leaning closer into Roxas.  It was hard to tell if he was getting cold, but she could only imagine it was so.

Roxas was relieved Xion giggled from his chipmunk cheeks. Sometimes it was hard trying to keep up to make Xion happy. He always wanted to see a smile on her face. It was something he looked forward too.

"Oh, thanks!" Roxas chimed, taking another bite out of his sandwich. He was so hungry he managed to eat the entire thing after only a few more bites which caused crumbs to get everywhere. Roxas noticed Xion's glowing face and couldn't help but feel his heart skip a beat- It was as if the glow of the fire begged to be as beautiful as the face he was looking at. His cheeks turned a small shade of pink and he grew silent as he just watched her.

"A shooting star?" Roxas asked, looking back up at the bright sky. He heard of them, but never thought much of it. "I guess I do. If I see one, I'll definitely wish you'd stop snoring all the time!" Roxas said with a grin. Suddenly, a bird fluttered and rested a few years ahead of them. Roxas chuckled and looked to Xion. "Want to see something cool?"

(Listening to this as I wrote out the scene; so fitting

)

"You've got to be kidding me!"  At this Xion huffed, leaping up suddenly and putting her hands on her hips.  "Roxas, out of all people to talk about others who snore!  And I don't snore!  You must be hearing the neighbor."  She was partly kidding, but she was also adamant about annihilating the possibility of her snoring.  Typical girls didn't snore, in her book, and she wasn't going to change any of that anytime soon.

The cold bit into her thinning coat rather quickly, causing her to return to Roxas' side.  At this the bird flew up, to which Roxas asked her the question.  Xion blinked, blue eyes wide with intrigue.  "I'd love see," was her response, smile across her face.

Roxas was always full of surprises.  She had no idea what on earth he could be referring to with a surprise for her and the bird, but she was more than interested in finding out.

(Omg I can't with that song)

Roxas couldn't help but slip into a smal fit of laughter after hearing Xion's response. Roxas laughing was a rather rare sight. Xion is probably the only one in the entire camp who heard him laugh; Xion is the only one who can make him laugh after all. All his happiness came from the single girl infront of him.

Roxas watched as Xion stood up then almost immediatly sat back down. The cold must've hit her pretty hard. He covered Xion more with the blanket and tossed a few twigs into the fire to increase it's lifespan.

"Watch this." Roxas said. He picked up a bunch of crumbs off of the ground and placed it on his head. He cupped his hands at his mouth and imitated a virtually perfect bird call. His cooing caused the bird to tilt it's head as it looked at Roxas, then immediatly flew over to perch itself comfortably in his hair. It pecked a few of the crumbs on his hair carefully to prevent it from hurting by accident.

Roxas chuckled as he took some more crumbs off the ground and picked up Xion's hand to place the crumbs in it.

"Feed her. It won't hurt- I promise."

Edited by Aqua7KH

Xion's eyes grew wide.  At first she was frightened as the bird flew over, fearing that it would harm him, causing her to raise an arm in consideration of shooing it.  Roxas reassured her that it was fine, however, her arm hovering in place.  She watched, paralyzed, as the bird flew into his hair and began pecking at the breadcrumbs.  A small smile broke over her pallid lips.  "Be careful, though," she said at last.  "It might just lay droppings in your hair!"  For some sadistic reason, the very thought amused her, even if it wouldn't have been the most pleasant of experiences.

Roxas then scooped up a handful of breadcrumbs and placed them into her hand.  His skin was seemingly as cold as hers.  She placed her free hand under both of theirs, before removing her hand to prevent the crumbs from spilling.  "Well, all right," she agreed.  She sprinkled some in her lap.  The bird seemed happy upon Roxas' head for a time, completely ignoring Xion and her crumbs, until it finally decided that Roxas' scalp held no further treasures and that it would be best to seek Xion's lap.  It fluttered to the ground, taking small leaps cautiously as it approached.  Xion watched tentatively, her hands on the ground behind her with her legs folded.  Finally the bird braved the venture onto her lap, pecking at the breadcrumbs and particles clinging to her woolen coat.  She beamed, turning up to glance at Roxas.  "Do you think it would be safe to pet it?"

She slowly began to extend two fingers toward its head, but before she could get anywhere near touching its silky feathers the bird flew up into a tree, mocking them from its perch.  Xion was gentle in nature and loved animals, though many tended to frighten her.  Even the small ones.  She placed a hand on Roxas' upper arm, squeezing it gently.  "That was a good idea; thank you."

A shiver ran down her spine, causing her to shudder.  Even though they were huddled near the fire it was difficult to stay warm, especially with the chilly breeze sweeping around them.  Soon she knew that they would have to go inside, though a part of her didn't want the night to end.  She hadn't had this much fun with Roxas in a while, nor seen him this carefree and happy.

Roxas watched with a warm heart as Xion interacted with the bird. At first the bird didn't really want to leave his hair, but eventually the bird came around. It was almost humorous- the bird acted rather sassy like. Luckily, the bird settled into Xion and pecked at the offering Xion had to give. But unfortunately before Xion could pet it, the bird fled.

Roxas chuckled softly and took a hold of Xion's hand.

"It's okay. You can let the bird next time. You're welcome, Xion." Suddenly, Xion shivered and Roxas couldn't help but shiver as well from the unexpected burst of freezing air. Even with his bundled clothes it still got very cold. The fire seemed to be on its last breath as well. With a small sigh, he looked towards their tent.

"We should go back inside." He said with a frown. "We have to stay warm. It's too cold now."

Edited by Aqua7KH

She knew all too well that this moment would arrive.  Xion let out a sigh, her expression saddening.  Their joyous moments never lasted long.  Or, rather, never long enough.  However, she knew all too well that he was right: the cold was too bitter for their current dressage, especially with their fire now flickering out of life.  "Okay," she responded finally, rising from her spot on the ground.  The blanket shifted from her shoulders, allowing an invisible shiver to course through her.  Silently she bent down to pick up the remains of their picnic supplies.  She wasn't really tired, but the warmth of her bunk certainly did sound appealing.  Whether it be her small form, thin blood, malnourishment, or a bit of both, Xion was rather sensitive to the cold.

A small smile crossed her face as she glanced at Roxas, before turning and heading toward their tent.  Inside was a bit warmer, though it still felt cold with no sunshine; the only reprieve it offered was that of the freezing breeze.  Her cold fingers fumbled around the camp supplies, as she searched for their kerosene lamp.  She turned the knob to ignite it.  It provided the tent with a bit of light, as well as warmth.  Before Roxas returned she changed out of her dayclothes into thick pajamas: a fluffy pink long-sleeve shirt that was at least three sizes too big, and twill pants that consisted of pink and white polka dots on a black background.  She then wrapped her coat around her pajamas, clambering up into the top bunk and burying herself in the blankets.  Her dark-blue eyes surveyed the tent opening, awaiting Roxas to return.  She wanted his company; she didn't want to sleep and feel alone, yet her eyelids were starting to feel heavy after such a long dreary day . . . .

Roxas began to clean up the mess he made. Hopefully no one would noticed that they were outside their tent at night. Roxas wished they could stay out just a bit longer but it was just far too cold. With some shivers, Roxas picked up his blanket.

"We can do this again another time Xiah-" he turned behind him to see no one there- Xion already retreated to the tent. With a small smile he entered as well.

Already Xion was in bed and bundled up, practically falling asleep. Roxas couldn't help but blush at her sleepy face. He turned around and changed into his pajamas as well- just some wool thermal pajamas. He wore his coat over it as well and slid into his bed. Hopefully it was going to be warmer that night.

"Goodnight Xion." Roxas whispered softly.

In the middle of the night, Roxas woke up completely curled up in his bed and clutching at his blankets tightly. He was shivering and woke up from the cold. His teeth chattered and he breathed uneasily.

"U-Uh..."

The soft moans coming from Roxas caused Xion to stir.  The girl was a very soft sleeper, and even the slightest of disturbances would bother her.  Slowly she opened her eyes, her pupils widening to allow the darkness of the night in.  The kerosene lamp had been turned off or burnt out long ago, leaving the tent to feel something akin to a refrigerator.  It certainly was as cold as one.

For a moment she lied there, silently, closing her eyes again until she heard Roxas make a sound.  She leaned over her bunk, her head upside down to peer at Roxas.  "Roxas . . . are you awake?" she whispered.  Carefully she climbed down her bunk, bringing her blankets with her.  "What's wrong?  Are you cold?"  She sat on the edge of the bed, offering her blanket over to him.  It wasn't much, but she would do anything to make him comfortable.

The night, otherwise, was silent.  A few crickets could be chirping outside, which partly amazed Xion.  She thought that it was surely much too cold for them.

Roxas continued to shiver and chatter from the cold. He was so focused on trying to stay warm that he didn't even realize Xion was talking to him. Slowly, he saw a shadow appear and offer him a blanket. Roxas couldn't help but pause in sadness- he hated Xion having to see him like this; especially since he always wanted to be strong for her.

"I-I'm fine..." He whispered hoarsely, his skin cold to the touch. Slowly, Roxas got an idea. He pushed himself in bed to make room for Xion to lay down next to him.

"W-We'll be warm together..." Roxas whispered. "And besides... It'll protect us from nightmares."

A frown contorted Xion’s brow, looking upon her companion critically.  “No, you’re not fine.”  Her tone was harsh with concern.  She placed a hand against Roxas’ cheek and shook her head.  “You’re just freezing up.”

His offer tempted her greatly, though for some reason the thought of snuggling beside Roxas made her heart flutter in chest nervously.  Was it such a good idea?  Would anyone find out?  Of course, she trusted Roxas with all of her heart, but still she felt a bit awkward upon accepting his suggestion.

“Well, alright.”  She swung her legs over the side of the bed, her body tense as she burrowed her nose into Roxas’ shoulder.  He was very cold, and if she could do anything to aid him . . . she wouldn’t hesitate.  “There,” she whispered softly, her hand wrapping around his.  “Is that better?”  The thought of no nightmares was indeed comforting, and the comfort of Roxas alongside her was certainly nice.  He truly did warm her, both outwardly and within.

It wasn’t long before she’d slipped off to sleep, her breath soft and rhythmic in his ear.  She wouldn’t wake until sunlight managed to filter through the narrow slit of the tent, inviting the two young teens to the new day of survival.

Roxas had to admit a part of him wasn't expecting for Xion to actually accept his offer.... And a part of him didn't want her too either. Roxas didn't want to appear weak or weird. He wanted to remain strong for Xion. But hey... Maybe a little extra warmth couldn't hurt?

He shuffled even more to give Xion more room. They managed to fit in the small cot and Roxas wrapped a cold but strong arm around Xion to hold her close. Already he felt his skin grow warmer. Maybe he could actually sleep tonight.

He closed his eyes softly, allowing Xion's gentle soft breaths carry him into the depths of slumber.

"It's... So better..." He whispered, falling into a rather peaceful sleep. Even if he was cold he wouldn't care. As long as he was with Xion he could feel peace. He wasn't plagued with no nightmare that night- not even a dream for all Roxas experienced was pure rest. He forgot what it felt light.

As the day greeted them, Roxas opened his eyes gently. He realized Xion was with him and that the entire night wasn't a dream. Roxas let out a sigh of relief and with a warm smile, he watched Xion's sleeping face. So that was what an angel looked like.

"Morning, sleepyhead."

The words echoed through her mind, seeming far and distant, yet arousing the raven-haired teen from her sleep.  Her eyelids were heavy as she lifted them, the roof of their tent bleary.  She noticed the tight grip around her shoulders, causing her to give a start.  It took her a moment to recall that she'd brought her blanket to Roxas in the night, and it was his arm wrapped around her.  Xion turned a glance up to the blond's face, catching the warm smile upon his lips.  "Mmm, morning," she murmured, her voice croaky from many hours without use and the dryness setting in.  My, was she thirsty.  Why was she so?  "How did you sleep?"

Carefully she started to sit up from the cot, grasping Roxas' hand and bringing it close to her cheek.  "Thank you.  For keeping me warm, I mean.  Funny, I think the nightmares evaded me, too."

By then she could feel her cheeks burning up with embarrassment, and to spare her the horrid embarrassment of Roxas finding her blush she leapt up from the bed, searching for her waterskin somewhere in the tent.  Carefully she unscrewed the lid and brought it to her lips, her body shivering from the cold liquid that spewed forth.  "Are you thirsty, Roxas?" she inquired, back still turned to him as she held up the flask.

Edited by Mystics Apprentice

Roxas couldn't help but feel the slightest bit energized. Not only did he actually get a good night's sleep for once with a fullish stomach, he also got to wake up next to his best friend. Roxas couldn't see how it could've been any better. He gently brushed Xion's hair out of her face after she took his hand to her cheek, his own cheeks darkening a shade of pink as well.

He sat up in the cot and gave a mighty stretch. His shoulders slumped right afterwards as he gently yawned.

"I haven't slept so well in ages. And no problem, Xion. I'll do it anytime. Whenever you sleep next to someone you care about and who cares about you, you'll never have a nightmare. At least, that's what I think anyway." Roxas said with a chuckle. When Xion offered him a drink, Roxas politely refused by putting his hand up. "I'm not thirty. You drink it. Snoring so much makes you thirsty." A small curl same to his lips.

Edited by Aqua7KH