Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Riku21Terr

TV How Lion Guard fits into Lion King 2 continuity

I actually have a couple of theories for where The Lion Guard and its members were during the later part of Simba's Pride

1) Quite simply they were off on another mission, which is not far fetch'd if you think about it. I mean, its like the Avengers, of which this show is partly inspired by: If the Avengers were responsible for helping out EVERY "big problem", then what would be the point of every other superhero existing in Marvel like the X-men, Spider-Man, SHIELD itself etc.? They specifically can't always help out EVERY problem of course. Besides, the Pride Lands and Africa itself is a HUGE place so they could have just been busy with something else. 

2) Possibly, because of

Kion's friendship with hyena Jasiri, of which Simba does not currently know about. Maybe its a scenario where when Kion got older there was a misunderstanding with that Jasiri could have done something and Kion had an argument with Simba over it, and Kion just ran away with her because "we are the same", which would further motivate Kiara to prove Kovu's innocence and her independence when she got older

3) Very possibly, like with

Simba and Nala's original son Kopa in the Lion King books

, Kion went off to form his own Pride, or even Lion Guard somewhere else outside the Pride Lands. Like I said, Africa is a huge continent after all, and the series is said to be set in Kenya, so Kion  and the Lion Guard could have moved to another part of Africa. There is also a chance that

Bunga could have persuaded them all to "Hakuna Matata" it all when they got older, like his uncles

As you can see, its pretty much common sense as to how it can still tie into the series. They were able to make

Megara appear on an episode of Hercules: The Animated Series, which is a midquel series like this and they were still able to make it work without ruining the continuity

, so they could find a way to make it work here. As

Kovu and the Outsiders are going to appear on the show

, it is likely that they will find a way to tie it all in together, perhaps by the series finale if nothing else. 

it is likely that they will find a way to tie it all in together, perhaps by the series finale if nothing else. 

It's not actually that likely. The Lion King 2 was a direct-to-DVD Disney sequel that nobody wanted and Disney's since kind of ignored that that ever happened. While I think TLK2 is actually probably one of the better Disney sequels (along with Return to Neverland) I don't think The Lion Guard is really going to incorporate it. It might, but don't hold your breath.

It's not actually that likely. The Lion King 2 was a direct-to-DVD Disney sequel that nobody wanted and Disney's since kind of ignored that that ever happened. While I think TLK2 is actually probably one of the better Disney sequels (along with Return to Neverland) I don't think The Lion Guard is really going to incorporate it. It might, but don't hold your breath.

Like I said,

Kovu and the outsiders are going to appear on the show, so therefore the are not completely ignoring Simba's Pride

They have actually released Simba's Pride on DVD and even Blu ray multiple times (with a reanimated reaction shot of Kovu in fact) so I would not say that they are ignoring it. As well ,it also happens to be the top selling direct-to-video movie of all time, grossing just as much as Lion King did domestically at the time of its release in sales 

Edited by Riku21Terr

The only theory I could think of is that while during The Lion King 2: Simba Pride took place during the beginning of the movie, Kion and the Lion Guard were off doing their missions on the other side of the Pride Lands while Kiara was disobeying Simba and go to the outlands where she first met Kovu. Then a couple years later Kion and his friends decided to leave the Pride Lands and travel the rest of Africa because they want to help other animals who were in need of help besides the animals in the Pride Lands before the scene of Kiara's first hunt.

Another explanation is that Kion and the Lion Guard could have been out looking for other lions to help Simba & co against Zira, and that these lions would produce the next generation of lion guard.