Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
OmegaForte

Pokemon's 20th Anniversary!

It's not loading for me. Can someone tell me what they're announcing?

Special Pokemon Products like a New 3DS with Red and Blue already insulted but the biggest thing is that starting in February you get the chance to get a Mythical Pokemon every month by different ways, starting with Mew by going to gamestop, then going by generation to generation of the Mythical Pokemon which is one of those legendaries that you couldn't get ordinary through the games

Special Pokemon Products like a New 3DS with Red and Blue already insulted but the biggest thing is that starting in February you get the chance to get a Mythical Pokemon every month by different ways, starting with Mew by going to gamestop, then going by generation to generation of the Mythical Pokemon which is one of those legendaries that you couldn't get ordinary through the games

It really hope that it's Gamestop you can go to were i live because were i live (sweden) most Pokemon distributions are done through GAME instead but now GAME is out of business in Sweden but for the most recent Pokemon giveaway (i think it's was Hoopa) they still chose GAME here. I really hope they choose Gamestop this time because i really want a Mew

Edited by FlyingEggplant

If I didn't have a New 3DS XL already (Thanks for giving us just one option, NoA), I'd be all over that bundle with faceplates. I'm excited for the VC releases, mythical Pokemon, and the remastered movies. This is a great anniversary for a legendary series.

Surprisingly I'm more interested in the new 3DS and the 59fifty cap. Maybe the Red nendoroid, but I was hoping on a re-release. (This one comes with way less accessories.) I still have all the mythical legendaries (bar Hoopa, I still need to SR for good nature+stars), back from DP.

I am curious if they'll hand out Manaphy. It's as rare as Mew if we go by past events. You can't even do the Manaphy event in Pokemon Ranger anymore due to the wifi service shut down. (Who even has that game anymore?) Ps: Again I have one, but Manaphy seems to be forgotten among the Pokemon community. *shrugs*

Edit: Also I know it's on the list, but TPC could always ignore it like they did in the past lol.

Edited by OmegaForte

You can't even do the Manaphy event in Pokemon Ranger anymore due to the wifi service shut down. (Who even has that game anymore?) 

Can't you use Action Replay instead?

If I didn't have a New 3DS XL already (Thanks for giving us just one option, NoA), I'd be all over that bundle with faceplates. I'm excited for the VC releases, mythical Pokemon, and the remastered movies. This is a great anniversary for a legendary series.

Yeah. I really look forward to see how the Remastered movies will look in comparison to the original ones.

Hasn't Unchained taught you anything? Mobile games don't get their release dates announced months in advance.

Ah true that. I just didn't consider that. :P But do you not expect Pokemon Go to release soon after their 20th anniversary? 

Wow, Pokemon celebrates 20 years of existence?  Damn, this franchise has run strong for two decades!  That's pretty impressive!  I wonder what this year's Pokemon game will be! (I know there's Pokemon Go, but I mean a 3DS main Pokemon game, ya know?)

I would like to see a remake of Pokemon Yellow, Red or Blue. That would be so cool if they did that. xD 

I would like to see a remake of Pokemon Yellow, Red or Blue. That would be so cool if they did that. xD

Ah, I see.  Well, technically, those Remakes are already covered in FireRed and LeafGreen...and if you've noticed, Game Freak has had a particular pattern with their game releases!  They release a generation one year, then they release a remake of a previous generation the next year.  That's how it's been all these years!  So I think that the next remakes would probably be of Diamond and Pearl, since Ruby and Sapphire were already covered last year! (Or was it 2014?)  So yeah, that's my two cents!  But since a region remake was already done, I'm guessing it's high time a new generation is announced!  At least, that's what I think! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Ah true that. I just didn't consider that. :P But do you not expect Pokemon Go to release soon after their 20th anniversary? 

It'd be really unlikely for them to release R/B/Y remakes this year, seeing as how the original versions are coming to the 3DS. That in and of itself is pretty big, seeing as how Pokemon's gotten such little Virtual Console treatment over the years. We've never gotten a main series game on VC until now.