Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Motomu Toriyama's new project still in development, Square Enix hope to share more information in the coming year

As far as I am concerned, the announcement of a X-3 would trump the FFVII remake announcement by a mile. I just can't decide if this is more of a E3 announcement or a TGS announcement.

E3 but to be honest there's sooo many events they can announce it at. Lightning Returns was announced at a special 25th anniversary event during PAX Prime while XIII-2 was announced at the 1st Production Department Premiere event.

If it's X-3 then good but I hope FFX-Will doesn't factor into the story, not a big fan of Tidus blowing up.

Oh and if it is an FFX-3 announcement make please SE don't just announce console versions please, don't pull a Type-0 HD/ FFXV, just be upfront about the dates I'm fine with the console version dates being before the PC versions, I'm ok with waiting as long as I get a good port you know a port with the basic features.

If it's X-3 then good but I hope FFX-Will doesn't factor into the story, not a big fan of Tidus blowing up.

Oh and if it is an FFX-3 announcement make please SE don't just announce console versions please, don't pull a Type-0 HD/ FFXV, just be upfront about the dates I'm fine with the console version dates being before the PC versions, I'm ok with waiting as long as I get a good port you know a port with the basic features.

It would be a continuation of that. But Toriyama was not involved with that to be fair so there could well be some changes.

It would be a continuation of that. But Toriyama was not involved with that to be fair so there could well be some changes.

I remember reading somewhere that it was a fanfiction not the actual novel

http://www.p4rgaming.com/square-enix-accidentally-publishes-fanfiction-for-the-final-fantasy-x-2-5-novel/, I honestly don't think Square Enix is going to use FFX 2.5 or FFX Will in the FFX canon if anything I suspect it will be a new story with the FFX characters taking place after X-2 considering FFX 2.5 was not well received at all, and I don't know if FFX Will faired much better in terms of criticism

I remember reading somewhere that it was a fanfiction not the actual novel

http://www.p4rgaming.com/square-enix-accidentally-publishes-fanfiction-for-the-final-fantasy-x-2-5-novel/, I honestly don't think Square Enix is going to use FFX 2.5 or FFX Will in the FFX canon if anything I suspect it will be a new story with the FFX characters taking place after X-2 considering FFX 2.5 was not well received at all, and I don't know if FFX Will faired much better in terms of criticism

The novella was mis-reported, that is correct. 

For all these people disliking it claiming it was not well received, it was still one of Square Enix's reasons for picking up the PS4 port.

Nojima (the main scenario writer on X, X-2 along with the novella & audio drama) also said this: "there’s a plot from start to finish, and if there’s some way we can have it show up elsewhere… well, so I’ve said to Square Enix."

As far as I am concerned, the announcement of a X-3 would trump the FFVII remake announcement by a mile. I just can't decide if this is more of a E3 announcement or a TGS announcement.

As long as it's not episodic then everything will trump FFVIIR for me.