Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

Roleplay Boruto: Remains (1x1 w/ Shulk)

"Wait... since when did you want to be the Hokage?" Koukon asked his best friend, his confident grin fading as he gave a small frown. "This is the first time I've heard you mention that."

Yumi also seemed a bit shocked by Kinniku's statement. "A Hokage from Tarinai Village, huh...? That would be interesting." She smiled. "You've got a lot of competition for the spot, though... Myself included."

"Wait... since when did you want to be the Hokage?" Koukon asked his best friend, his confident grin fading as he gave a small frown. "This is the first time I've heard you mention that."

"When? Ever since I learned what it meant. I mean, the strongest ninja in the entire village? Combined with all the history behind it and the praise you'd get if you were lucky enough to become one? That's a no-brainer for me. I want to be the strongest ninja who ever lived!"

Yumi also seemed a bit shocked by Kinniku's statement. "A Hokage from Tarinai Village, huh...? That would be interesting." She smiled. "You've got a lot of competition for the spot, though... Myself included."

"I won't go easy on anybody who wants to compete with me, even if you're my new sensei. Still, I look forward to showing you what I got." Kinniku said with a smirk.

With the brand new Team Yumi assembled, they headed out to meet with the Hokage himself to receive their first mission.

|| ONE OUTING LATER... ||

The team stood in front of the gathered mass of Naruto Uzumaki, the Seventh Hokage, his secretary Shizune, and his bodyguard Mirai Sarutobi at the Konoha Mission Central, awaiting instructions.

“All right, good to see you here. This will be your first mission so I’ll make sure it will be appropriate for you,” Naruto spoke.

“You see, our missions are divided into ranks, each rank considered high or low depending on the difficulty of the tasks and the required skill of the ninja assigned. Your mission is ranked C, one above the lowest rank D…”

“Aw what?” Kinniku frowned, crossing his arms. “No offense sir, but we’re not little kids straight out of the Academy. We’ve all got our fair share of experience. Heck, all three of us are from Tarinai’s three strongest clans!”

“I understand your concern, but this is standard procedure for all ninja, no exceptions.” Naruto’s stern expression thatn turned to a slightly softer one. “Besides, you never know what to expect, even for a C Rank mission…”

“Huh?”

“You see, my squad was assigned a C Rank mission in the Land of Waves, and it quickly turned into an A Rank given that we had to square off with an underground crime syndicate as well as two high-ranking missing-nin from Kiri Village, one of which was a former Seven Swordsman of the Mist, Zabuza Momochi.”

“My point is: any type of mission, no matter what it is, could change in an instant. One must always be on their guard and be ready to adapt to the situation.”

“Ohhh, I getcha…” Kinniku said, very impressed by the circumstances that his new leader had to endure as a Genin. “Oh, uh, sorry for speaking outta line too…” Kinniku bowed his head, causing Naruto to chuckle.

“That’s alright. Now then, for your mission—“ Naruto read from the papers in his hands. “Recently, we’ve gotten reports that a highly treasured export from Dosu Village, the tamasuburo cake, has all but disappeared from the shelves of Konoha confectionaries.”

“Not only has this affected the village’s economy, but many villagers have fallen gravely ill from the shock, including one of our elite Jonin, Anko Mitarashi—“

Just then, the phone laying in-between Shizune and Naruto started ringing. Shizune answered.

“Hello?” She then cringed in pain as a shrill, angry voice from the other line starting yelling in her ear for a solid two minutes before hanging up. She turned to Naruto and laughed weakly. “T-That was Anko, Lord Hokage…”

Naruto sighed. “As you can see, this is a very big issue that must be resolved as soon as possible.”

Kinniku sweat-dropped at the awkward moment but was reassured nonetheless. Naruto then instructed the team to take the Konoha Railway to Dosu Village.

|| ONE NINJA TRAIN RIDE LATER… ||

The team arrived in Dosu Village. It was a quiet, unremarkable town for the most part, but what made it stood out was how much the villagers seemed to be concerned about the missing tamasuburo as well. Almost all the various bits and pieces of chatter were about how the tamasuburo maker has all but abandoned his duties…

“Well, I guess that’s our first stop: the maker’s shop!” Kinniku proclaimed.

The team, getting directions from the villagers, then arrived at the famous tamasuburo shop – a simple old-fashioned set-up with a red curtain as the entrance with the sign for “tama” written on the front.

“Hello? Anybody here?” Kinniku called.

“Yeah yeah yeah, I’m comin’…” called an old, tired voice. Out of the curtain came a man with graying brown hair tied into a ponytail, a blue kimono, and the same sign for “tama” as the curtain on the white apron tied around his waist. “Whattaya want?”

“You’re the tamasuburo maker right?" Kinniku asked.

"Yeah? Whatzit to ya?"

"What happened to your supplies, old man? This village and the one up north are going nuts about how you’re not giving them the goods!”

“Oh that?” The man seemed defensive and somewhat nervous about the remark but still held a firm and uncaring expression. “Bah, look, I don’t have to share my business with anybody. I’ll make ‘em when I make ‘em, alright? Buzz off!”

It seems the man would need to be persuaded in order to comply with the four ninja…

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Yumi stepped up to speak with the man. "Excuse me, sir. I'm Yumi Uzumaki, a Jonin from Konoha. The Hokage himself has asked you to make more tamasuburo for us. It's a very urgent request. Can you please help us?"

"Yeah, it's super important," Koukon chimed in. "You can't turn down a request from someone like the Hokage, right? That would just give you a bad reputa-"

Koukon was cut off when Rizumu lightly elbowed his side and then stepped in front of him. "I apologize for my friend's outburst, sir. We would really appreciate it if you would help us with the tamasuburo."

The old man’s brow furrowed as he dropped into a bitter sneer. “I already told ya, I ain’t doing it! Now kindly leave my property before I have ya reported!”

Kinniku frowned. “Okay mister, I didn’t want to have to do this, but you’ve forced me to do things the hard way now.”

Kinniku, his gaze firmly staring ahead, walked forward into the shop, grabbing the man’s shoulder and dragging him into the shop with him.

“H-Hey! Get off me, ya hooligan!!”

Despite his protests and constant yammering, Kinniku managed to drag him all the way inside. However, his cries of outrage quickly turned into that of outright pain as what sounded like a one-sided scuffle between Kinniku and the defenseless tamasuburo maker broke out inside the shop. The enclosed curtain remained as a visual block as to what was going on though it constantly flapped in the wind at certain points due to the impact of the ruckus inside. One could even surmise that they could hear weird sounds echoing out from the shop…

A few moments later and Kinniku stepped out of the shop, holding the old man by the collar of his shirt. His face was adorned with bruises as well as a bandaged stamped onto his left cheek.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t rough him up that much,” Kinniku assured, tossing the old man onto his face at the group’s feet. “Now if you don’t mind sir we’d like some answers.”

The maker quickly scrambled onto his knees as a sign of respect as well as fear of future beatings. “I-I’m sorry. The truth is… there’s a certain reason why I can’t sell the tamasuburo to the public…”

“You see… I’m running very low on the key ingredient I need to make my tamasuburo: the Honeydew plant. I haven’t been able to maintain a steady income of the stuff for weeks!”

“Why is that?”

“Oh, it’s those damn Ohayashi Sisters!”

“The who?”

“The Ohayashi Sisters. Buncha greedy, self-absorbed band of witches that think they own anything they lay eyes on. They got themselves a villa built out on Honeydew Mountain, the place I travel to get the plants to make my supply.”

“Ever since they moved out there, they’ve had their band of hooligans shaking me down for tamasuburo and they only give me access to plants for tamasuburo directly shipped to the sisters. I feel like I’ve been turned into their own personal slave…”

“I see… well, don’t worry, Pops. My team and I will go down to Honeydew Mountain and, uh, 'negotiate' a new deal with these Ohayashi Sisters. Then you’ll be able to stock up on those plants again!” Kinniku said with a grin, making the old man light up with a grin of his own, exposing all the missing teeth he had thanks to Kinniku's "interrogation".

“Oh, thank you so much! I appreciate it, I really do!” He said, bowing his head several times.

“No problem. Now then, let’s he—“

“HOLD IT!” Came a panicked, shrill voice from behind the group. From the side of the shop building, in came running a heavyset kunoichi.

“Count me in too!” She said. “Anko Mitarashi, Konoha Jonin reporting!” She added, standing about face with her right hand pressed to her forehead in a salute.

“Anko? You’re that lady that was yelling at Miss Shizune on the phone,” Kinniku said.

“Oh, uh, you heard that, huh?” Anko twiddled her fingers in embarrassment before snapping herself back into her excited stupor. “L-Look, this is serious. I’m a huge tamasuburo fan, and as soon as I found out you were the team that took this mission, I set off immediately to come back you up!”

“Really? I thought you were one of the people still in shock about the whole thing?”

“Oh believe me, I was. But now I’m fully motivated to start getting that sweet tamasuburo into my mo-er I mean, the mouths of Konoha. And everybody else’s too!”

“Alright then, not gonna argue with some extra hands on deck. We’ll all go together.”

Anko’s eyes then suddenly began to flare up. “I’ll show whoever’s responsible for this what happens when you mess with FOOD!!”  She pumped her arms into the air in a victorious stance, making Kinniku and present company sweat drop at her sheer intensity…

|| ONE TRIP LATER... ||

Team Yumi, with Anko, arrived at the base of Honeydew Mountain and at the foot of the path leading to the upper mountainside where the Ohayashi Villa was supposedly held.

Everything seemed quiet as the moved along, but then; a voice resonated from the upper part of the ridge above them:

“Hey you! You’re tresspassin’!” The voice belonged to a tall man wrapped in brown cloth with a matching mask wrapped around his head.

“This property belongs to us!” He added, jumping down from his spot on the ridge and in front of the group, pulling out a double edged kunai. Soon, more thuggish looking bandits appeared, looking eager to start a fight with the five ninja.

“Of course, you could always just pay the toll. Standard price for all new coming guests is… all the money you got on ya! Haha!” The leader bellowed as he extended his hand forward in a mocking gesture. Behind him, the bandits starting closing in.

Kinniku was not fazed by the bandit's intimidation tactics. “Fair's fair I guess. We’ll pay your toll…” he said, quickly closing the space between him and the bandit and grabbing his extended hand.

The bandit was stunned, but then winced in pain as Kinniku tightened his insanely strong grip as firmly as he could, making him drop to his knees.

“What do you prefer as payment: punches or kicks?” Kinniku asked with an assured and almost devious smile, the man staring up in him with anger. “Actually, let me answer that for you!”

Kinniku balled up his free hand into a fist and pulled the man into a fierce haymaker, releasing his grip and sending him barreling across the ground and into some of the other bandits.

“Grr, get ‘em!!” One of them cried, the entire group now focused on assaulting the ninja.

“I got more payments where that came from!” Kinniku cried, jumping into the fray.

Meanwhile, Anko was cutting ahead of the pack and towards the mansion with Yumi. “You guys go ahead and take care of the small fry! We’ll search on ahead!”

“No problems here, Miss Anko!” Kinniku said, continuing to battle the bandits.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

"Alright, some real action!" Koukon pounded his left fist against his right palm and smirked. "Don't worry about us, Yumi Sensei and Miss Anko! We'll meet back up with you in no time." Koukon formed a few handseals. "Fire Style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu!" Five fireballs appeared before him and barreled towards the bandits, swirling around and homing in on different enemies to throw them off.

Meanwhile, Rizumu used Koukon's distraction to throw shuriken at some of the bandits. She followed up by hanging back and whistling a tune, hoping to place some of the bandits in a genjutsu. They should see themselves stuck in a maze now... Hopefully this will help the others take care of them.

Yumi led the charge towards the mansion. "Thanks for the support, Miss Anko. Let's make this quick!"

Koukon’s fireballs blazed through the opposing bandits in his way, engulfing them in flames. Some of the flames veered off their beaten paths and set some of the surrounding bandit’s clothes on fire, turning them from ruthless savages to panicking putties running around like chickens with their heads cut off as they tried to extinguish the flames.

At the same time, Rizumu’s genjutsu was a success and had many of the bandits stunned still in place, eyes glazed over.

“Nice job, Rizumu!” Kinniku jumped near the group, primed for an attack. “Now that you set ‘em, allow me to knock ‘em down!”

Kinniku brought his hands together into a Saru seal, chakra covering the bottoms of his sandals. “Mariki Earth Style: Stone Pistol Jutsu!” A medium-sized pillar of earth then shot up directly in front of Kinniku. He then brought his right fist back and punched the top of the pillar, the stone exploding into several pieces and firing off as projectiles towards the bandits, hitting them in their heads and knocking them out.

“The Mariki clan’s jutsu is mighty above all else! Ossu!!” Kinniku cheered as he smacked his fists together.

He and the others continued to battle the bandits, their numbers dwindling but their will (or what remained of it) predominant.

|| MEANWHILE… ||

Anko and Yumi reached the top of the mountain. They hid in the trees surrounding the front entrance of the Ohayashi Villa.

They observed as they saw the front gate leading into the villa, guarded by a pair of heavy-set bandits. From the regular path leading from the outer forests of Honeydew Mountain, opposite to the more off-beaten and obviously more treacherous path to that the ninja took, various parties of rich nobles were casually entering through the gates.

“Looks like those sisters are throwin’ some kinda party. Probably got a lot of that tamasuburo being used as snacks too. Ooh, that really ticks me off, keeping all that delicious goodness for them and their dumb friends…!” Anko seethed, returning to the over-the-top fury she displayed earlier.

Calming down however, she quickly thought of a plan for her and Yumi to infiltrate the villa. “So uh… how good is your Transformation Jutsu?”

"These guys just won't stop coming, huh?" Koukon muttered as he focused on using Taijutsu. One of the bandits ran at him with a katana, but he dodged the slash and tripped the bandit. "You all holding up okay?" He kicked the bandit back down when he tried getting back up to his feet.

Rizumu was facing off against one of them, both with kunai knives drawn and clashing. "I'm fine!" She quickly slashed at the bandit's hand, causing him to drop the knife. She jumped back a little bit and formed a few handseals. "Water Style: Drizzle!" A wispy cloud of vapor appeared above Rizumu, and a barrage of smaller water projectiles rained down from it towards her opponent..

Yumi watched the partygoers with Anko. "Seems like a pretty busy place..." She glanced back at her partner. "I'm pretty good with it. What's your plan?"

|| EVENTUALLY... ||

Kinniku linked his fingers together and stretched his arms and back. "Whoo, boy! We really gave these guys a whippin', huh?" He said, the team standing among a pile of unconscious bodies.

"Now we can catch up to Yumi Sensei and Miss Anko. Let's get a move on!" Kinniku said, leading the troupe forward.

|| BACK AT THE VILLA... ||

The team reached the forest overlooking the villa, observing the same sequence of events that Anko and Yumi had seen prior.

"So where are they, anyway? Did they already head inside?"

"Actually, we were waiting on you!" Said a voice from behind them. The team turned around to see a bizarre site: Anko was no longer wearing her normal ninja attire and was instead dressed in a black suit with matching sunglasses and an earpiece. Even more bizarre: Yumi was now dressed in a beautiful kimono with her hair done up in an extravagant and regal manner, and wearing expensive makeup. It was a sight that would surely make Koukon flare up in excitement...

Koukon was shocked to see Yumi dressed up the way she was... the shock, however, quickly turned into joy. He stared for a moment. "You look... really nice..." he said, swooning.

Rizumu tried her best to ignore Koukon. "Uh... what's with the clothes? Are we going inside in disguises?" she asked.

Yumi gave a grin. "Yep! Miss Anko, you tell them your plan."

Kinniku could not ignore his friend's shameless display and promptly hit him in the head with an open handed slap, sending him to the ground.

"Yeah, some clarification would be nice."

"Alright brats, here's how it's going to go: Yumi here is going to walk in disguised as a rich noble and you three plus yours truly are going to act as her bodyguards. Use a Transformation Jutsu to suit up. Once we're inside, we'll be able to gather a lot more info while maintaining a low profile and form a plan of action from there."

"Wow. That's really smart, Miss Anko! Let's do it!" Kinniku said.

With that, the trio of ninja copied their superior and used Transformation to don themselves in matching black suits. Regrouping in a part of the forest where they could make a natural-looking entrance, the five ninja entered the villa with no problem, Yumi managing to make up a convincing cover story about trading stocks in the trading card industry, specifically for the game "Extreme Ninja Scrolls".

|| INSIDE THE VILLA... ||

The exterior of the villa was already presented as a lavish display, and it followed suit on the inside. The floors were adorned with posh, black marble, the walls and architecture were packed with intricate detailing, and it all coupled with the huge curtain at the end of the room leading into presumably the sisters' inner chambers.

Every one of the sister's invited guests were a preening, self-absorbed snobs between the ages of twenty and eighty (although they all acted like they were five) and their bodyguards, similar to the set-up that the five ninja had.

As they moved around the room attempting to blend in, the guests were all chatting away with meaningless conversation, all the way picking from the various plates of food that were brought to them by the waiters, and occasionally, abusing them for just looking them funny. Kinniku wondered if they would even bat an eye to the situation that that sisters had put the tamasuburo maker in. Speaking of which, considering how much the sisters apparently worshipped the stuff, there was not a lot of tamasuburo to go around for the guests...

Suddenly, a flurry of drums cut through the chatter and silenced the room. A light of some sort blared on the insides of the curtain accompanied by three shadowed figures lined up in the middle. The drums stopped as two servants walked up to the curtain and pulled away the front, revealing the faces of the Ohayashi Sisters: three beautiful young women with pale white skin and adorned with matching white kimonos. Their eyes were closed as if they were savoring the moment of making their arrival.

The one at the front stood out the most as she wore an assortment of hair decorations with her hair styled in a regal manner whereas the other two stationed at her sides and facing opposite directions only had regular straight hair. She opened her eyes and addressed the crowd:

"Hello and let me formally welcome everyone to our latest get-together. Is everybody having a good time?" She was met with a small wave of clapping and murmurs of satisfaction from her party-goers. "Good. My sisters and I will join you shortly. We have a personal matter to complete first," she said, bowing her head, her silent sisters turning over and mirroring her stance as they all snapped back in their doll-like place and the curtain closed and their shadows flickered out with the fading light.

"Well, this is already starting to get a little creepy..." Kinniku said under his breath. "Still, we got a perfect window of opportunity to get those sisters by themselves."

"That's right, but we have to covert. There's eyes everywhere..." Anko whispered, noting how many of the sisters stocky guards surrounded the space of the room. "Our best bet would be to drum up some sort of distraction..."

"A distraction huh? Hmm..." Kinniku thought for a moment. "Ooh, I know!" He said, turning to Rizumu. "You can use sound jutsu right? Got a lullaby you can sing to all these people?" He then turned to the rest. "We're gonna need to plug our ears at the last second so we don't get affected probably."