Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lady Aleister

Roleplay Kuroshitsuji: Book of Roses

After the dinner, everyone joined in to clean up and help with the dishes. After that was all done and cleaned, they all gratefully took the offer of having guest rooms for the night. Antonio and Arturo retired to their own, Antonio enjoying the fact of sleeping in an actual room while Arturo couldn't care less and was out like a light the moment he felt the pillow. Jane and The Boogeyman spoke for a little while longer before retiring to their own rooms. Wulfric and Lazarus were quick to retire to their own rooms and fall asleep as well. The Grim Reapers, however, sat on the roof, eating what remained of the desserts from the dinner. They didn't have to sleep, so they might as well enjoy the remaining sweets. "Not feeling tired, or even hungry. It's just...there and I can't feel either. It's so strange." Alexander said, looking down at his piece of cheesecake. Nikolai looked over at Alexander, specifically his cheesecake, pointing at it with his fork. "Are you going to eat that?" Nikolai asked. Alexander rolled his eyes, before handing the piece to Nikolai, who gratefully took it and began to eat it up. Gigermo however looked more sad than i enjoyment. "Aya will die tomorrow." Gigermo hummed, gaining the attention of the others. "It's sad. She's so young. One doesn't realize it until you take away your own life and end up living further than you should have been allowed...she should be let to grow out her life. Such a waste." Gigermo said. Nikolai patted his shoulder. "It's fine, Nikolai. She knew the consequences of accepting the deal with Veran. Besides, by this point, I think she's more than ready to finally be able to rest." Nikolai assured. Gigermo sighed. "I guess." He said, resting his head against his crossed arms over his knees. Alexander looked up at the moon, feeling the watch in his pocket, "Nothing we can do to fix the past. All we can do is to make sure that we don't make the same mistakes in the future." Alexander sighed.

-THE NEXT DAY-

By the time morning came, no one knew how to feel. Not even Wulfric or Lazarus wanted to get up, because if they did, it meant that they risked to witness to witness Aya's last moments. But as servants, they did get up to get ready anyways. To prepare to serve until her dying breath. Lazarus made some tea, enough for everyone including the guests, using some medical herbs for any nerves and to help with energy. He served up two cups and handed them to Wulfric, who hurried to deliver it to Aya's room, but didn't find her there. So he looked for her in the other place she could be, at Veran's room, with a heavy heart as he feared he would already find her lifeless. Knocking the door.

Even for his last day as a butler, Veran awoke early, moving carefully not to disturb Aya, who slept well after coming to him. Veran's wounds were more or less fully healed, which was quite surprising seeing as they were from Lucifer himself. They would probably scar over. It wouldn't be the first scar on his body. He heard a gentle knock on the door, and Veran perked up a little, fixing his coat as he opened the door to see Wulfric. The poor werewolf looked almost scared as he opened the door to Veran's room and he had perfect reason to be so. 

"Good Morning. You're about 10 minutes late." of course Veran was late getting up too. 

There was no way he wanted to face the day. Sure, he was about to enjoy his ever so long waited for meal...but also kill his master...

Aya was motionless, one could think she was dead...or even a still doll. 

"She came to my room last night. Nightmare. I didn't kill her yet, I am not that careless." he took the tea-tray from Wulfric calmly, placing it on the nightstand beside Aya, his eyes looking down at her. 

Hearing the commotion, she stirred, Aya soon slowly sitting up. 

"Good Morning Aya." he beckoned to her, Aya rubbing her eyes. 

Aya took the teacup from him, taking a sip and laying her eyes on Wulfric. 

"Wulfric, come here," she called for him, waiting for him to approach. 

"Thank you." she sat up a little more, rubbing his hair like a dog. 

Veran sharpened his eyes a little, wondering what Aya was exactly doing. She came to a stop, setting the tea down and standing up, walking off to her room. Veran looked at Wulfric for a second with a rather confused look on his face. Aya was thanking Wulfric. Wulfric was the first new servant she met on her journey and always did what he could to watch the house for her. He was the guard dog of the guard dog's house. He was Aya's second favorite servant. Aya really hoped Wulfric knew all of this.

Veran helped Aya have an early bath and get changed, delicately drying her hair for her. Once this was done, Veran headed down to prepare breakfast and Aya was in her study...writing a letter to Wulfric and Lazarus about what to do with her manor. She was giving her line of clothing to Lazarus, and if he wanted to cancel it, he could. Her manor...she gave to all of those she has met. All of those who have helped her during the apocalypse. Alexander got her study, specifically because of all the stuff she had in there. There were records dating back to her great-grandparents and some of the Everus family history. There was also French books, German books, and practically a copy of every single work of Shakespeare, Poe, and other famous writers.There was also letters to Samael she never gave to him. Aya also included her kitchen to Alexander. Honestly, she let everyone take whatever they really wanted to. They all deserved it. Veran, however...he did not get much. He got her soul, her eyepatch, and her ring. That was all that was listed.

Breakfast was soon ready, and all guest who were still there were called down.  

Wulfric closed his eyes as he was petted by Aya. Even in his human form, all of his instincts remained intact. A term of affection. A term of thanks. Of course, after serving what he had served, he had decided that he liked the city. That he wanted to be a city wolf. But...to think that it would all come down to this. Now that he should have expected...he just hoped that somehow it would have been different. When she felt, Wulfric stood up, feeling his head with a soft frown on his face, watching her go. "I'm going to miss her." Wulfric admitted to Veran, before he stepped out of the room and down back to the kitchen. He never had to say goodbye before. This was going to suck. As he reached the kitchen, the Boogeyman had already gotten up and was helping Lazarus with the breakfast, the two sending Wulfric off to begin to set down the plates and food on the table. Slowly everyone began to come down for breakfast. Antonio and Arturo walked down holding hands. Jane fixed her bedhead as she reached the kitchen. Nikolai, Gigermo and Alexander walked down while rubbing their eyes sleepily. They all took their seats, chatting up the place as the plates and food were settled down. Wulfric paused for a moment, looking up at the table. For the first time since arriving to this lonely looking house, the table had never been so lively, so full of people. It pained him that the only moments that Aya would get to see such a sight was mere hours of her death, including last night. It wasn't fair. She had helped saved everyone. Why did she had to go so soon? "Hey." Lazarus spoke up, getting Wulfric out of his thoughts. He got a hand on his shoulders, smiling a bit. "Come on. We have to smile for her. Let it be one of the good memories." Lazarus encouraged. Wulfric nodded, taking a seat as well, all watching and waiting for the arrival of Aya and Veran. Nikolai looked up at Alexander, who simply looked away. "I'm not going to do it." Nikolai then looked over at Gigermo, who shook his head. "I don't want to do it!" Nikolai sighed. "You two suck at your job!"

Edited by Stardustblade358

Aya sat down, prompting the others to sit as she did so. Veran pulled her chair in and backed away, letting Aya eat what would very likely be her last meal. The grand clock in the dining hall chimed, and silence overtook the meal. Eight dongs of the clock. Four hours until Veran got his meal. 

"Veran, will you hand Alexander, Lazarus and Wulfric the paper?" Aya spoke up as soon as the clock finished its lonely chime. 

He nodded, and removed a small, folded paper from his jacket pocket, walking over to Alexander, Lazarus, and Wulfric, who were all three sitting in a line just like that. It was a small will. Just that and nothing more.

"Antonio." Aya called to him, getting the pirates attention. 

"Take good care of Arturo, and keep exploring. Please maintain a good relationship with your brother. And...Arturo. Take good care of your husband and please think before you act often, okay?" she addressed the two, giving her piece of advice.

"Jane. Don't be stuck in a job that stresses you out. You need love in your life, and you need to seek it. You're an amazing officer and will be one of the best. I encourage you to try to speak to the Scotland Yard for a position there." Aya smiled to Jane, whom she had seen as a motherly figure, but she was a little strict and ridgid. 

"Boggeyman. I don't know much about you, and don't even know your real name. You are a good creature, but I hope you have toned down some since we came. Don't be afraid to show your wings, even though you are fallen, you are still an angel...just work on your cooking a bit." she pointed at his plate with her fork, keeping her eyes on him. 

"Gigermo, keep on being a flirt. You're one of the funnier Grim Reapers and it is nice that you have followed us throughout." Honestly Aya didn't have much to say to Gigermo. 

"Nikolai, stay out of trouble. You might be a Grim Reaper but you're still just a kid, no less of a kid then me. Look after others who need to be looked after and please don't create any more living zombies...but I thank you for bringing Lazarus back." her eyes looked to Lazarus and smiled. 

"Lazarus....you've really lightened up. Don't be afraid to show yourself. You're a handsome young man. Just be more careful because you are awfully clumsy. Share your medicine with the world." Lazarus was rather mean and rude to Aya when they first met, but he just had to warm up. 

"Wulfric...just keep being a good dog and watch over the ones you love. You're crazy and just something else. Please continue to be just as extravagant as ever." Her eyes then turned to Alexander.

"Alexander...thank you. For watching over Samael, for being with him, for loving him, for making him happy, for everything you did for that boy. I hope you two are someday able to talk again." she fell silent again. 

"Thank you for the meal." she said after a while, Veran picking up her plate. 

There was one last place for Aya to go before her end. 

Everyone stood quiet as Aya gave advice to everyone. They all have solemn nods in response. Gigermo was trying hard to not end up crying. Arturo and Antonio held their hands. Jane's expression softened while the Bogeyman seemed surprised at being called an angel, something he had left behind so long ago. Everyone felt dread as they continued to eat and listen to Aya. They knew what was going to happen next. It was obvious what was going to happen...they just didn't want to speak about it, or even talk about it. However, they would not remain silent for long, as it started with Wulfric. "Thank you, Aya!" Wulfric said. If it were not for you and Veran finding Catarina, she would have been sold to who knows who, and she might have faced a fate worse than death, and the clans would have murdered each other...thank you, Aya!" Wulfric said. Antonio spoke up next. "And you helped me beat my brother! If it weren't for you, he would have beaten me again! Thank you, Aya!" Antonio said, Arturo agreeing with him. Jane piped up. "If it weren't for you we would have never found the children." Jane said, before turning to the Bogeyman. "And without you, I would have not given the world a second chance...nor would have I become more open with the world that I have been tossed into. You helped me...see beyond my mask. Thank you, Aya." The Bogeyman added. "You saved my life. It wasn't under the best of circumstances, and I wish it was never the way it was, but you did, and I am here, and I'm alive...and I have a second chance at accomplishing what was cut short for me...thank you, Aya." Lazarus said. Nikolai crossed his arms. "You...showed me that not all humans are bad. As much as I hate to admit it...I think I see humanity in a different light now. Demons too...thank you, Aya." Nikolai huffed. Gigermo wiped some tears from his eyes. "After becoming a Grim Reaper, I honestly thought there was nothing left for me but to follow orders and hope to repent...but you showed me that you can defy your destiny...I want to live again how I wanted to originally all those years ago...If you can do it, then so can I! Thank you, Aya!" Gigermo said. Alexander was quiet for a few moments, before speaking up. "You gave Samael hope." He began, looking at her. "After the life he had gone through, he only lived on out of the spite of wanting to prove to his father that he had managed to live on and not him. But then he met you and...he changed for the better. He opened up, he began to smile more, he saw hope, that if someone like you could make it out in the world, and move onward, then that he could do it too. Eventually that admiration evolved into love and...you made him the happiest that he had ever been. I admit, I envy you for it. For years I worked to try and make him smile just as you did. But...I cannot deny the love he felt for you made the last year of his life the best of it all. Thank you, Aya."

Hearing everyone's thanks, all Aya could do was take it and nod solemnly. She had caused such an impact in so many lives...it was truly amazing.

"Well..." she said after some moments of silence.

"I have somewhere to be." she smiled, walking to the door.

She was to visit Samael's grave...

Aya raised a hand goodbye to everyone, knowing she wouldn’t come back. Veran gentle buttoned up her coat and they were out the door, walking away to the cemetery. The walk was quiet, and no words were spoken between master and servant. Just the cold winter breeze and the crunching of leaves and rocks.

Once they arrived, Veran kindly opened the gate for Aya, letting her in before shutting it, letting her walk off.
“So you’re the one to record her death?” Veran asked Nikolai as the reaper approached the gate.
“There will be no soul to collect. If you have even seen a demon take the soul of another, it is a gruesome sight...I pity you for even wanting to watch it...if demons do even show pity.” Veran taunted.
Ever since the apocalypse, Veran has become colder. His eyes were never as kind as they were before...and if you looked at him while he spoke, you could see the fangs in his mouth. It was clear he has become more frightening, clear to everyone but Aya. Even after meeting Lucifer, Aya had seen the gentleness a creature like Veran can show...no matter their true nature.
“Have fun watching...Nikolai.” With that, Veran locked the gate and strode away, catching up to Aya at Samael’s grave.
“Well Samael...” she began with a sigh.
“I will fulfill our promise.” that is all she had to say, kissing the lavender rose in her hands and placing it beside his grave.
Her eyes turned to Veran, and his eyes lay on her.
“I-I’m ready...I think...”

“That is a yes or no, Aya.” his voice was a grumble, demanding an answer.

Lamb of God
You who take away the sins of the world;

“Yes.” she spoke a little louder.
She was shaking.

If God has forsaken me

“Now then...” his eyes fading into the gleaming red, the left side of his face burning off into the darkness, and into his true form, he changed...Aya bracing herself.

You who are holy and accomplished

“I will not be gentle Aya...you should know what a demon's power holds...” it was let out in a hungry growl.

Then I shall forsake God too.

“Do whatever you wish...I am indebted to you.”

Have mercy on us

“Perfect.”

Not even a hawk could have seen the fast movement of Veran as the demon’s fangs ruthlessly bit deep into Aya’s neck, the poor prey gasping in sudden pain, it was numbing...from the veins in her neck...to her head...down her body...through her arms and to her legs, slowly, slowly letting her legs give out. Voices and memories rushing through her head.

"Heh, it's been a while since Lady Aya has given me a gift. I'll be sure to cherish it and return the favor at an appropriate time."

"AYA~ Oh AYA~ WHERE DOU BE?~ FOR I HAVE A MESSAGE FOR YOU, DIRECTLY FROM THE QUEEN~"

"My name is Wulfric Harrowmount. You must be the Queen's Watchdog. An honor to meet you all. Though if you're here...then it means that we might be in some trouble."

"You look incredibly stupid." - ♥ Veran

“Wow, and you're just around my age too! Nice to meet you! I'm Alabaster! Welcome to Maple Town!"

"Being a Watchdog is one of the most important jobs ever. It is secret, and not many people know about it, and those who do know to fear it. Because you are able to bring balance and disbalance to the country. You save lives, and you take lives. You're an enigma and a judge. You choose...what is right and what is wrong. And in a world where so many people do so much wrong...we need someone like that to settle things right. Not everyone can fight against a werewolf, you know?"

"The only reason you are a good watchdog is because of that demon that follows you around like a puppy.”

“Catarina told me that I wouldn't be the first monster to join your household. Something about a very annoying werewolf currently guarding your estate while aimlessly chasing squirrels.”

“ 'Demons are powerful beings from the depths of hell derived from the original fallen angel, who was so powerful he was one of God's favorite angels! They are powerful enough to tempt humans into the darkest of sins, and can cause situations into their favor' MY @$$!"

“I am Jane Armstrong. Detective of this town. Please state your name and business.”

"Until we meet again, Lady Aya...and I am sorry for your loss."

" 'In the days when the line between the worlds is to crack, signs will appear to show it's time is near. The Pestilence, The Rise of the Infidels, and the Death of the Martyr. All these three signal the steps taken in order to awaken the Child of Earth, to whom he will swallow its bed whole.' "

"If I'm your first human friend, then I promise to be the best I can be. I'll always be around if you need someone other than Veran."

"Happy Birthday Aya!!!"

“Aya. This is for you. I made it myself. I-I hope I got the size right.”

"Maybe we should make a birthday party for you too, Veran. Though with your old @$$, we would run out of space on the cake to put the candles."

"So you're a Watchdog? My, you might as well be a Chihuahua then, wouldn't you?"

"What kind of trouble did you get into to have someone like him with you?"

"You may be a demon but right here, right now, you are nothing but a guest and intruder, and you WILL bid by our laws, OR YOU CAN WALK THE PLANK!"

“Just...don't you dare lay a hand on Aya. And know...that you have a chance on killing the thing that could save the world from destruction."

"Such heavy burdens have fallen upon your shoulders, have they not, Aya?"

"The Horseman of Pestilence is...Charles Everus." ... "And finally the final horseman, the Horseman of Death, who is...Samael Pandora."

"I love you, Aya. I'll fight any enemy if it meant to keep you safe and happy. Please know that."

"A-Aya...? Aya! My darling doll!! You are alive!!"

"You're the rightful heir of the Everus! You've survived what none before you have!...KICK HIS @$$ WITH ALL YOU'VE GOT, AYA!!!"

"You truly are the most amazing woman to have ever lived, Aya Everus."

"Aya Everus. I love you with all of my heart, and for the sake of the world that you have fought so hard for, I am more than happy to give my life. Because I know that when I do leave this world, I'll be waiting anxiously to spend eternity by your side."

"If I am to be reborn...if there is another life...I hope to fall in love with you...over and over...again..."

“I demand an answer, Aya, tell me...WHAT DID WE EVER DO TO DESERVE ANY OF IT?! WHAT DID HE DO TO BE KILLED SO YOUNG?! HOW COULD YOU BE SO SELFISH?!”

"Do you see, Aya? Every single one of your friends is going to die. They're waiting for you to come up and save them from this nightmare! But you will never arrive. Instead, they will die slowly, painfully until they begin to curse you in their last breath...much like everyone else."

"You know Veran...I was told once demons used to be angels, but because they bore unrealistically high expectations, they were cast into hell. I see now that..it is true."

“Veran...thank you...” Aya could barely speak as her vision began to turn white, the contract seal in her eye fading away.
“Please...don’t ever forget me...my...wonderful...bu...tler...” The eyes of Aya Everus were once again blue as her last breath escaped her pale lips.

Somewhere in the Everus manor...a clock had stopped ticking. 
Veran let go of Aya, his normal form instantly changing back as he caught her in his arms. He could not enjoy the sensation of the soul as it entered his body, he was only overcome by sadness.
“A-Aya...” his voice was shaking.
“Aya...!!” it became louder.
“Aya!!!!” the realization came upon the demon like an anvil on his head, his legs crashing to the ground as he practically shriveled over his master’s lifeless body, actual tears beginning to stream down his face.
What had he done??
He couldn’t remember the last time he shed tears like a human...but as they clouded up his eyes...her cinematic record emerged...

Edited by Madam Ciel Nekohive

Nikolai followed. Someone had to collect the cinematic record, and Gigermo sure wasn't going to do his job without shedding a few tears. He followed them in silence, leaving the household behind, only to meet up with Veran at the gate. He simply looked at the demon with equally the same pity that he faced. "Gigermo cannot bring himself to collect the Cinematic Record. It cannot be left around to be messed with, otherwise there will be consequences to it." Nikolai said, trying to sound unphased, though truly, he was scared. He had never...witnessed the way demons ate their souls. He was afraid of what he would witness, but he remained regardless...he wanted to know. So he followed, staying a few feet away as he watched Aya say her goodbyes to a grave...and slowly the process began. Slowly, the Grim Reaper could see her soul leaving the body and straight into Veran. A brilliant light being absorbed into a pitch, black abyss. Nikolai found himself barely able to move as the Cinematic Record began to escape Aya's body, her life playing out into the sky as he reached a hand out. The Cinematic Record played, swirling itself around his arms as he saw, he felt, he remembered. He felt an ache in his heart as he fell on his knees, the Cinematic Record slowly being absorbed into a small box in Nikolai's hands. And just like that, as Aya gave her final gasp, Nikolai allowed his tears to finally fall, gripping the box tightly as it glowed white, the cinematic record floating on the inside. "Aya..." Nikolai wiped the tears away, forcing himself to stop, despite the emotions of the record overwhelming him. He looked up, and a glimmer caught his eye. A glimmer he had never seen before, right inside of Veran. It was small, and fragile, yet, it remained strong, not allowing itself to be swallowed by the abyss. Nikolai's expression softened upon hearing Veran's cry. For the first time in history... a demon had regained humanity. Even if momentarily only to fade away. Nikolai gently closed the box, frowning as he looked up at the sky. "Goodbye Aya..."

In the Everus household, everything was silent, until suddenly all of the clocks of the house suddenly came to a stop, and a wave of dread suddenly filled the household. No one said a word, because even without it, they knew. For the first time...the house felt empty. It wasn't until Gigermo's crying suddenly became a loud wail that anyone looked up. Gigermo cried and wiped his tears, sobbing loudly even as he tried to quiet himself down. It soon followed. Wulfric began to cry, followed by Lazarus, who cried into Wulfric's shoulder. Jane began to cry, though moderately. Antonio cried tears as well, Arturo holding him close as he did. Alexander didn't sob, but he cried as well, a few tears escaping his eyes. The Bogeyman kept his head down, and from the holes of his mask and beneath, tears began to flow down. The roses around the house slowly wilted, the petals falling down. Aya Everus had left this world, and whether she realized it or not, changed it for the better.

Veran swallowed a hard breath, holding onto Aya tight, refusing to let her go. He couldn't hold this grip too tight. His red eyes looking into her empty blue ones, he slowly closed them.

"Verdammt noch mal..." he cursed, it only a whisper from his fanged lips.

He stood, taking the mourning locket off of Aya's neck, and the ring from Aya's finger. She didn't want anything important to her on her when she was buried away. He put these two things away where he kept Aya's eye patch in his pocket. That mourning locket had charms for Samael, her mother, her father...and there would be one for her...per Veran's making. Samael's ring was to go to Alexander...and the eyepatch and locket were Veran's.

Just standing up made Veran's heart almost sink. He was no longer a butler. No longer a contracted demon. He was just a demon now. A filthy, disgusting demon that takes the souls of people who are loved by others. The demon turned around and lay eyes on Nikolai, a sharp gaze.

"Please treat that record well..." That was the only request Veran made as he began the walk back to the manor...only to deliver the soulless, lifeless body back to those who loved her.

As the approached Veran manor, birds flew away. The roses that were around the house has wilted...little knowing this was none other than Veran's doing of agony. The sky was getting overcast as he opened the creaking gates, and knocked heavily on the manor door.

He shouldn’t even show his face to the others. He was ashamed to.

Charlotte opened the door slowly and instantly had the deadweight of Aya dropped into her arms. Veran moved like light. He sped to get Aya’s will, and approached Alexander, stopping in front of him.

“These were Aya’s wishes...and this is for you...” he slipped Samael’s ring on Alexander’s ring finger delicately, just before flashing away, towards his room. He took of his vest, tie, and anything that made him noticeable as the Everus Family’s butler, and headed back to the grand room where everyone was.

“Treat her body well for me...” he muttered, turning around.

“...This may be the last time you all see me. You have no reason to forgive me for what I have done. I believe this is Auf Wiedersehen...” with that, Veran vanished in a flash of light, the door staying open behind him, his speed almost invisible to the human eye, snow beginning to fall as he left.

Where the butler was headed...? Bamberg, Germany...his hometown...and the place he was killed back in 1626.

Translations-

Verdammt noch mal- Damn it all, etc. 

Auf Wiedersehen- Formal way of saying goodbye

Alexander could barely catch his breath once he saw the ring being placed into his hands along with the will, flashing away before he could say anything. Alexander gently held the ring, before taking out the broken pocket watch. The ring was made specifically for Aya, and was too small for him to wear. He instead, gently settled it inside the broken pocket watch, and closed it with it inside, making sure that it would remain there. When Charlotte arrived with the body, Wulfric was the first to run towards her to quickly hold Aya. What she had left behind. She was so cold. Colder than what he was sued to. Her scent wasn't even there anymore. It was fading, soon to disappear. Lazarus choked back tears as Gigermo had to cover his face with his hands. They all looked at Veran, who seemed equally as devastated. Lazarus stepped up. "We will, Veran." And with that, Veran was gone, leaving but memories behind. The group felt their hearts ache as they looked down at Aya. Despite it all...she seemed so peaceful, as if she were sleeping the whole time. "What will we do?" Lazarus whispered, wiping some tears from his face. "What she expects us to do." Alexander said, holding the will in his hands. "We live on."

The news of Aya's death struck across the city with shock and grief. No one knew what to expect, what to think, what to say. For someone so young to die. Whispers went along that it was suicide, while others insisted that it was murder, as her beloved butler was never seen again. Others went with the thought that it was a curse, the same that followed the Pandora and Aya's parents before her. Others simply remained quiet, and admitted that her time had simply come. Even the Queen seemed surprised, but equally as saddened by the news. The funeral was brief, attended even by the Queen herself to say goodbye to her beloved Watchdog. The attendance of other figures, some who no one had ever even seen before, brought curiosity. Who were the men with those brilliant eyes and matching suits? Or the young man who removed to move his hood and mask? There was even a young, blonde boy, no older than 10, who was there for a moment, before disappearing the next as if he were nothing more than a dream. She was buried with her parents, and soon everyone began to say their goodbyes and retreat as the sun began to set. The group however, remained for a while longer, setting all kinds of flowers on her grave to make sure that it was decorated appropriately. "We'll come replace your flowers whenever they wilt, Aya." Lazarus assured, smiling softly at the grave beneath. Wulfric nodded softly. "We'll come visit you every birthday too." Wulfric added. Lazarus gave a small bow. "Your daughter was a wonderful person, Sir and Lady Everus...I hope you are all together once more now." Lazarus said, hope in his eyes as he straightened up and looked up at the sky. "Let's go." Wulfric said, smiling at Lazarus before looking around. "I have a feeling that he would like a moment alone, too." Wulfric said, the group nodding as they slowly gave their goodbyes, and made their way home.

"I have a feeling that he would like a moment alone, too."

This was exactly right. Without a doubt, they all should have known that Veran was there...just in hiding. The city of London believed it was murder, and they were not far off. Veran has killed many...but he has not killed many he loved and cared about. In fact, there were only three people on earth Veran regret taking the lives of. His mother, his father, and Aya. The demon hadn't even left Great Britain before turning around for the funeral.

Coming out of hiding as the group left, he quietly approached Aya's grave.

The demon only looked at the grave for a second, before opening his mouth.

"Aya..." he began, cutting himself off for a second.

"Ever since I met you in that brothel, scared and alone, I knew deep down I had to protect this little girl. You have grown up tremendously and so have I, in some way or another." he caught himself almost letting off a laugh at that.

“You have changed the world...even if it cost you your life...” Veran fell silent for a second, looking down at the grave.

“I will keep an eye out for the others, Aya.” he cleared his throat, gently grabbing the black rose from his coat pocket, it tied in a golden ribbon.

“...Ich liebe dich, Aya.”*

And with that, Veran gently kissed the roses petals and placed it down, turning around and walking away back to the gate...and as he walked back, Charlotte stopped in her tracks, looking at who she knew was Veran. His left eye was gone...and covered in bandages...what had happened, she would never know.**

Alexander came to become a very skilled Grim Reaper and became head of the Forensics Division.

Nikolai went under the radar once more. He is rumored to be seen all over the world, and his activity is unknown. Though rumors say that he is serving as a medium between supernatural creatures around the world to keep them from fighting.

Gigermo decided that he wasn't cut out to be a Grim Reaper and quit, taking a world wide vacation and visiting the world he never got to know about. He accomplished his dreams of becoming a writer and became the mysterious author of one of the most famous mystery novels of the current era, "The Book of Roses".

Charlotte ended up becoming head of the Administration Division of the Grim Reaper Dispatch Society and helps welcome new members. She has stopped the fable that demons are horrible creatures, but still warns about them.

Antonio and Arturo have become mysterious figures of myth, countless of generations of children being raised under their care, as generation after generation tell stories of this pair of pirates and their adventures, and how they raised them. They eventually create the Sterben Orphanage, which stands to this day.

The Dream Village still remains in the forests of Great Britain, and Ghost Adventures crew's keep getting lost trying to find it.

Catarina merges the two clothing lines and creates the Everus-Pandora clothing line, which up to this day is the longest clothing line in the world still running. The clothing line has fashion shows and runways all around the world.

Wulfric and Lazarus created the Everus Foundation, which dedicates itself to bring awareness of child cruelty, and take in children and people who have been victims of abuse and help them get back on their feet. They co-work with the Sterbern Orphanage and are funded by donations, including donations from the Everus-Pandora line.

There is a picture just above the door of the Sterben orphanage and Everus Foundation, the same exact picture. It is old and was amazingly painted. In the picture...late Aya Everus, her fiance, Samael Pandora, butler Alexander Howle, and the mysterious butler clad in black, Veran Sterben. Everyone in the picture was smiling, and it was peaceful. Some people have claimed to see a man similar to Veran around, even to this day, but he never stays in one place for too long. Neither Alexander, Nikolai, Gigermo, Charlotte, Antonio, Arturo, Catarina, the Boogeyman, Wulfric, or Lazarus have seen Veran since the day Aya died. There seems to always be a mix red chrysanthemums, and black and white roses, placed in a bunch by Aya’s grave. They were tied together with a black ribbon, and some have claimed to see a man wearing all black placing them down. Some people move on, and even for a demon, he wouldn’t be able to let go easily. Even as time passed...as long as he wouldn’t be let back into hell, he would mourn. But for all eternity...the Everus family had an impact in the history of London...and the watchdog system was terminated.

Haah...He’s calling...

Caught in the midst of misery, anger, confusion and despair...curses fall from your lips...

You’re calling...for me...

“Oh my...you are much different from my other master. You have summoned me, that fact is irrevocable, and what you have sacrificed will never return.”

“Sacrifice...I’ve given...?”

“You’ve paid quite a heavy price...but whether or not you choose to forge a contract with me and fulfill your desires...is entirely up to you.”

“Now...make your choice.”

“Demon...I’ll make a contract with you!” ***

Notes-

* - Translation: I love you, Aya

** - This was a self-inflicted wound by Veran

*** - Lines as said in Kuroshitsuji Musical 2015: Lycrois that Blaze the Earth

Lol you thought we were done? No. There is a little spin-off group of side stories in the making. I would just like to thank you guys so much for reading, and YES THIS IS the END! WHOO! I have worked on this roleplay literally FOREVER and Star and I did a great job! Thank you for reading and I HOPE to make this into a book and maybe one day you might see it animated or something. Anyways, if you like this story, please let us know. If you want to make fanart or anything like that, let us know, we would love to see it. Thank you so much for joining us. 

Star says this btw- 

Thank you for joining us in this journey. We'll see you next time!

And as Aya would say, "Thank you for coming!" 

Much love, 

Nekohive