Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Enix

What purpose would Marluxia even have in KH3?

He's been kicked out of the old Organization 13 and attempting to overthrow the new one obviously won't work. Only like 4% of Marly's fans like him for his personality, but if he joined Sora's side, would anyone like that? I sure wouldn't; I'm fine with Axel joining Sora because it made sense in the plot, but we can stop with the bad guys joining the good side? To be fair, I don't know what would what happen to Demyx, Luxord or Larxene if they came back. But Marluxia seems like the one who would be most likely to have nowhere to go and since there is some supposed implcation of him returning, it's worth bringing up?

The sadistic gardener of Radiant garden. He would trim the hedges and the roses while whispering things to himself When he was turned into a nobody, he became more haughty in addition  to his sadistic nature

....I seriously want someone to make a comic of this.

Xehanort was seeking vessels that he could fill with pure darkness, and what is a more perfect vessel than one who betrayed his organization to fulfill his own dark purposes?  Marluxia would be nothing but an obedient lap dog with Xehanort's heart in him, so there is nothing really to lose by using him as a vessel.

Couldn't have said it better.

Well , Marluxia betrayed every single member of the Org. XIII so , yeah , he really can't be in any side . But I always thought it'd be a good idea to have one more game from the new saga with Marluxia as the main antagonist . He fits that role perfectly .

He will join Xehanort side. And then after we defeated Xehanort and then the world will become peaceful but NO! the bad guy is actually someone who is a traitor. Marluxia!!

(Typical story of kingdom hearts : The Bad Guy Is Not The Bad Guy!)

Marluxia's betrayal of the old Organization 13 could have been purely set up so those with the weaknesses of body, will, and trust would be disposed of and so he could give up his body and become a Xehanort himself. Mind you, we still have no clue who the other Xehanorts are and what they look like so Marluxia could be one of them.

We don't know much about Marluxia to say whether or not it'd make sense for him to be a good guy.If Axel's only appearance was COM as well it wouldn't really make sense for him to be a good guy now too.Marluxia needs more developement.

Well , Marluxia betrayed every single member of the Org. XIII so , yeah , he really can't be in any side . But I always thought it'd be a good idea to have one more game from the new saga with Marluxia as the main antagonist . He fits that role perfectly .

Agreed.

I really like the idea of the fortellers being the next main baddy/ies. However, they feel to close to Xehanort while Marluxia is on a "whole different side". And no one even thought about him, so he could already plan something new - if he returned to his former self or something else.

If Sora was initially chosen to be the thirteenth candidate then Marluxia isn't out of the question at all... 

I'm caught in the middle of this one- I do think Marluxia could return in some capacity and the new nobody plus Nomura's interview do suggest this is the case. Let's take a quick look why he could work out as a Darkness- 1) seems to be an occurrence that main antagonists of old games are members- therefore it would seem odd to leave him out of the true organisation

2) if you play Chain of Memories/358/2 Days he clearly shows an obsession and desire to obtaining the Keyblade for himself- does this remind you of another known member cough Braig cough

3) Marluxia is a powerful character- therefore it would be a waste not to use him: especially if Xehanort needs him as no XIII or another number

4) specific lights vs specific darknesses- in the final battle Sora needs a specific darkness other than Xehanort to fight against; I mean even at the moment Sora has no real hatred with Xehanort ( old man version) whereas characters such as Mickey/Terra etc do. Therefore a Sora vs Marluxia rematch is essential: Sora had a valid reason to hate Marluxia and at after defeating him Sora seemed angry still and sealed off the area where he was defeated and before people say Sora forgot Castle Oblivion etc I believe he will regain those memories as this was eluded to how Namine will be saved ' forgotten; but not lost' and also just because Sora might have forgotten; Marluxia probably will remember and might want revenge or even to try and use Sora again

However on the other hand: Marluxia needs to return for plot purposes not because people like his hair/weapon or whatever reason; sorry but that's not valid- my own favourite member is Luxord; but unless he returns for plot purposes I'd accept him not returning too; however people rule out Marluxia based upon DDD about the True Organisation and the theme of ' traitors'. I think a common occurrence even myself I'll admit will automatically think of Marluxia with being the traitor of the old organsation; however.. A lot of other characters actually fit the bill ( Xion ( going to include her as a member since she did work for the organisation technically), Axel, Roxas and Larxene) When that is taking into account then it's obvious they weren't true organisation material.

Overall; there are I think valid reasons for his return; but it needs to be handled correctly and not for fan satisfaction otherwise if that is the case I'm all for a bring back Luxord campaign

Marluxia would be pretty okay, I guess

However, I want Larxene to return, because I could use a good punching bag (no offense, but i hate larxene with a burning passion.)

The people who are saying Marluxia is being recruited for the 13 Darknesses haven't taken into account Xehanort probably knows Marluxia is a traitor and wouldn't fit in with his schemes.

Maybe you forgot that Saix was also traitorous yet he's in the group and it doesn't mean a thing when Xehanort inserts his heart inside a vessel. Plus he tried to go after Sora and I'm sure he'd totally be trustworthy for his cause amirite?

Maybe you forgot that Saix was also traitorous yet he's in the group and it doesn't mean a thing when Xehanort inserts his heart inside a vessel.

Plus he tried to go after Sora and I'm sure he'd totally be trustworthy for his cause amirite?

The primary difference between Marluxia and Saïx is that Marluxia betrayed the organization because he was power hungry and egotistical. He didn't see Xemnas as a fit leader for the Organization and thought himself as the ideal candidate. Saïx's betrayal is actually really ironic because in reality Saïx is loyal to the Organization's cause: he wants his heart. He just didn't trust Xemnas and performed treacherous acts in order to keep Xemnas's potentially dangerous plan at bay while simultaneously getting Xemnas's good graces in order to learn about his plan/learn how to get his heart back so he and Axel could leave asap.  

Going off of this Marluxia could be a potential new member, maybe not. Marluxia is power hungry, and just like how Braig joined Xehanort at the promise of a keyblade, Marluxia is definitely likely to do the same. Likewise he is a presumptuous scumbag, and it's pretty likely he'd refuse to submit to Xehanort purely because he feels he's superior. He could possibly be on his own trying to gather followers but eh I'm not Nomura so anything goes.

In the end Marluxia is not completely exiled as a Nort Clubpotential member, because both he and Saïx count as traitors, but it's important to note that their own betrayals are very different and take personality into account. So yeah Marluxia's got a shot. 

As for Sora lmao I'm pretty sure Master Xehanort just said screw it and went after him. 

Edited by Shimmy

Maybe you forgot that Saix was also traitorous yet he's in the group and it doesn't mean a thing when Xehanort inserts his heart inside a vessel. Plus he tried to go after Sora and I'm sure he'd totally be trustworthy for his cause amirite?

Well Saix didn't turn on the Organization until after he was vanquished. He was loyal the whole time he was alive (or his Nobody anyway). Marluxia's goal, even as a Nobody, was to overthrow Organization XIII. Amirite?

Well Saix didn't turn on the Organization until after he was vanquished. He was loyal the whole time he was alive (or his Nobody anyway). Marluxia's goal, even as a Nobody, was to overthrow Organization XIII. Amirite?

He was loyal to the Organization's cause but not the Organization itself. Homeboy Saïx thought Xemnas was fishy (ding dong he was right) so he made it his own personal goal to screw up Xemnas's plans which resulted in Vexen and Zexion's deaths. So he technically counts as a traitor. Saïx's actions were in vain thought because he was already partially possessed anyways so his fate was decided for him from the start.

​Marluxia was a traitor because he was a presumptuous jerk and felt like he was better then Xemnas. So they both turned as nobodies. 

The biggest deciding factor is that Saïx was possessed during his betrayal so it probably did little to effect his role as a vessel besides maybe giving us some insight of how self-aware moonboy is. Marluxia had no traits as a nort during his betrayal rip

I kind of want him to be a nort tho

I hope that explained it!

Uh nah you need to play 358/2 Days over again because he was planning on betraying Xemnas and the others with Axel even while he was a Nobody aka before he got vanquished So regardless your example isn't valid because he was still traitorous just like Marluxia.

The primary difference between Marluxia and Saïx is that Marluxia betrayed the organization because he was power hungry and egotistical. He didn't see Xemnas as a fit leader for the Organization and thought himself as the ideal candidate. Saïx's betrayal is actually really ironic because in reality Saïx is loyal to the Organization's cause: he wants his heart. He just didn't trust Xemnas and performed treacherous acts in order to keep Xemnas's potentially dangerous plan at bay while simultaneously getting Xemnas's good graces in order to learn about his plan/learn how to get his heart back so he and Axel could leave asap.

Going off of this Marluxia could be a potential new member, maybe not. Marluxia is power hungry, and just like how Braig joined Xehanort at the promise of a keyblade, Marluxia is definitely likely to do the same. Likewise he is a presumptuous scumbag, and it's pretty likely he'd refuse to submit to Xehanort purely because he feels he's superior. He could possibly be on his own trying to gather followers but eh I'm not Nomura so anything goes.

In the end Marluxia is not completely exiled as a Nort Clubpotential member, because both he and [/size]Saïx count as traitors, but it's important to note that their own betrayals are very different and take personality into account. So yeah Marluxia's got a shot.

As for Sora lmao I'm pretty sure Master Xehanort just said screw it and went after him.

I get what you're saying but again it literally doesn't matter because both Marluxia and Saix were plotting to overthrow Xemnas the leader of the Organization and offing fellow members along the way for that cause. That in itself is traitorous no matter what actions both guys used. Edited by Wyatt Tyson

Uh nah you need to play 358/2 Days over again because he was planning on betraying Xemnas and the others with Axel even while he was a Nobody aka before he got vanquished So regardless your example isn't valid because he was still traitorous just like Marluxia.

I get what you're saying but again it literally doesn't matter because both Marluxia and Saix were plotting to overthrow Xemnas the leader of the Organization and offing fellow members along the way for that cause. That in itself is traitorous no matter what actions both guys used.

He never carried it out like Marluxia did. In fact, he tried to retrieve Roxas because he was going to desert the Organization. The fact of the matter stands: we don't know if Xehanort even recruited Marluxia. True, Marluxia related Nobodies are in the KHIII trailer but that doesn't confirm his return.

He was loyal to the Organization's cause but not the Organization itself. Homeboy Saïx thought Xemnas was fishy (ding dong he was right) so he made it his own personal goal to screw up Xemnas's plans which resulted in Vexen and Zexion's deaths. So he technically counts as a traitor. Saïx's actions were in vain thought because he was already partially possessed anyways so his fate was decided for him from the start.

​Marluxia was a traitor because he was a presumptuous jerk and felt like he was better then Xemnas. So they both turned as nobodies. 

The biggest deciding factor is that Saïx was possessed during his betrayal so it probably did little to effect his role as a vessel besides maybe giving us some insight of how self-aware moonboy is. Marluxia had no traits as a nort during his betrayal rip

I kind of want him to be a nort tho

I hope that explained it!

Yeah I guess it depends how you look at it. Saix was looking out for the Organization's best interests. To overthrow Xemnas, he assumed this would better their cause. Yeah you cleared things up, much obliged.

He never carried it out like Marluxia did. In fact, he tried to retrieve Roxas because he was going to desert the Organization. The fact of the matter stands: we don't know if Xehanort even recruited Marluxia. True, Marluxia related Nobodies are in the KHIII trailer but that doesn't confirm his return. Yeah I guess it depends how you look at it. Saix was looking out for the Organization's best interests. To overthrow Xemnas, he assumed this would better their cause. Yeah you cleared things up, much obliged.

It doesn't matter if he never carried it out or not. The intent and the actions were there and known to Xemnas and he kinda did carry put his plan by getting Axel to kill Vexen and Zexion who were useful to Xemnas. So yeah. He isn't really different from Marluxia. And obviously we don't know yet if the old coot has Marly or not. Did you see anyone in this thread say it was 100% confirmed? No. Just that it's implied and pretty damn likely with his M.I.A status and the sudden appearance of his Nobodies that he's making a return in KHIII.There's a difference. Edited by Wyatt Tyson

Heck, what about working with Maleficent to rule all worlds? that would be right up his alley.

It doesn't matter if he never carried it out or not. The intent and the actions were there and known to Xemnas and he kinda did carry put his plan by getting Axel to kill Vexen and Zexion who were useful to Xemnas. So yeah. He isn't really different from Marluxia. And obviously we don't know yet if the old coot has Marly or not. Did you see anyone in this thread say it was 100% confirmed? No. Just that it's implied and pretty damn likely with his M.I.A status and the sudden appearance of his Nobodies that he's making a return in KHIII.There's a difference.

It's likely, but we'll just have to see. He could appear as an optional boss; just like Vanitas's Spirit or something like a data battle. He doesn't have to return to the main story. He has nothing to offer but act as a pawn for Xehanort.