•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Square Enix Third Business Division are hiring again for Kingdom Hearts III

KH3 KH

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 SnowPint7Fourths

SnowPint7Fourths
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

Square Enix's Third Business Division are continuing to hire employees to help complete Kingdom Hearts III. Square Enix were looking for suitable candidates at the beginning of January and are needing further assistance yet again as we head into the new year. Business Division 3 includes a team that is responsible for the majority of the Kingdom Hearts titles, including Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIX, and the upcoming Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and Kingdom Hearts III, while other teams within the division have worked on other projects. The eleven occupations listed below are the majority of the same jobs Square Enix advertised in January and have been open to apply for all year. The addition to this list is a 'scenario planner' role that is currently being advertised.

Business Division 3 Positions

KINGDOM HEARTS III

No. 3BD / Cutscene Designer

No. 3BD / Scenario Planner (KH Series)

No. 3BD / Menu Designer (Osaka)

No. 3BD / Character Model Designer

No. 3BD / 3D Graphics Programmer

No. 3BD / Technical Artist (Osaka)

No. 3BD / Battle Planner (Osaka)

No. 3BD / Level Planner (Osaka)

No. 3BD / 3D CG Designer (BG, Osaka)

No. 3BD / Art Designer (Osaka)

No. 3BD / Game Programmer (Osaka)

Thanks to @Tokyofog for translating the job description for the new Scenario Planner position:

Scenario Planner Position Description: "The Scenario Planner will create scenarios and text for the KINGDOM HEARTS series. Main responsibility includes creating messages for people in cities, additional story-based text, and scenario support duties."

What are your thoughts on the new Scenario Planner role and the pace of Kingdom Hearts III development cycle so far? Feel free to leave your opinions in the comment section and let us know!

Click here to view the article

#2 Rocketboy

Rocketboy

weeb

• 657 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:04 PM

Square Enix's Third Business Division are continuing to hire employees to help complete Kingdom Hearts 3. Square Enix were looking for suitable candidates at the beginning of January this year and are needing further assistance yet again, before heading into the new year. The Third Business Division team's main project is the Kingdom Hearts series that includes, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5 ReMIX, but the team have also worked on other projects. The eleven occupations listed below are the majority of the same jobs Square Enix required in January, with the exception of an additional scenario planner. 

Thanks to @Tokyofog for translating the job description for the new Scenario Planner position: 

Our original article on these Kingdom Hearts 3 occupations and there job descriptions can be found by clicking here.

What are your thoughts on the new Scenario Planner role and the pace of Kingdom Hearts 3 development cycle so far? Feel free to leave your opinions in the comment section and let us know! 

If only I had finished learning programming, been a few years older, and actually lived in Japan.

Darn. :P

#3 Sorarocks93

Sorarocks93
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:27 PM

Inb4 FFVIIR is out before KH3.

#4 KingdomHearts3

KingdomHearts3

In the final chapter...

• 4,981 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:34 PM

Interesting, they are still hiring people. I wonder if this will help speed the process up more? Maybe insignificantly, but that counts as something.

#5 Sora96

Sora96

KH13 Legend & WakelessDream's Boyfriend

• 25,785 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

To be very clear, BD3 is far from one team. There is the KH team but there's also other teams at other times, right now there's a SaGa team.

Edited by Sora96, 09 December 2015 - 06:33 AM.

#6 Rocketboy

Rocketboy

weeb

• 657 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:40 PM

To be very clear, BD3 is far from one team as this article would make someone think. There is the KH team but there's also other teams at other times, right now there's a SaGa team.

Oh, yeah, I understand that. After all, BD3's teams are responsible for other games other than KH. (Such as TWEWY -Solo Remix-)

It's just like how BD6's teams worked on Dragon Quest and Bravely Default.

#7 Sora96

Sora96

• 25,785 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:42 PM

Oh, yeah, I understand that. After all, BD3's teams are responsible for other games other than KH. (Such as TWEWY -Solo Remix-)

It's just like how BD6's teams worked on Dragon Quest and Bravely Default.

BD6 manages Dragon Quest & Bravely. http://kh13.com/foru...ness-divisions/

#8 Rocketboy

Rocketboy

weeb

• 657 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:43 PM

BD6 manages Dragon Quest & Bravely. http://kh13.com/foru...ness-divisions/

Ah. I guess it makes a lot more sense that those two were the ones that came to mind. :P

EDIT: Wait, now that I look at that thread, I think someone sent me a link to that in about March. That's where I learned about the business divisions, I'm pretty sure. I guess the past came back to the present. :D

Edited by Rocketboy227, 08 December 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#9 logonin

logonin
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:23 PM

Since they are trying to hire people to make those little npc text then I would have the say the game is almost done.

#10 sEUpernova

sEUpernova

One of the Keyblades chosen

• 118 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:47 PM

*considers sending resume then remembers I don't know a lick of japanese or programming*

#11 AaySquare

AaySquare

Keyblade Master

• 1,501 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:59 PM

Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science(Game Programming) and if only I was done with my degree and knew some Japanese, I would have definitely applied for Game Programmer job. I can't even imagine how it would be like working on a game title which you're a huge fan of!

Anyways, why are they still looking to hire more people? To speed up the development of the game?

#12 Rocketboy

Rocketboy

weeb

• 657 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:30 PM

Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science(Game Programming) and if only I was done with my degree and knew some Japanese, I would have definitely applied for Game Programmer job. I can't even imagine how it would be like working on a game title which you're a huge fan of!

Anyways, why are they still looking to hire more people? To speed up the development of the game?

I would think they're looking for people to help build the bones of the game, since most of the positions they're looking for are designers, planners, and artists. 

#13 Zay

Zay

I play games on Twitch sometimes.

• 61 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

Since they are trying to hire people to make those little npc text then I would have the say the game is almost done.

I wouldn't go as far to say it's almost done, but I'd wager it's pretty far along. Like, maybe about halfway, if that.

#14 Forever

Forever

If you can't be number One, become Zero.

• 1,673 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:55 PM

And Character Shipping positions? No? Oh, okay then...*tosses out her resume*

#15 Sora96

Sora96

• 25,785 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:41 AM

Ah. I guess it makes a lot more sense that those two were the ones that came to mind. :P

EDIT: Wait, now that I look at that thread, I think someone sent me a link to that in about March. That's where I learned about the business divisions, I'm pretty sure. I guess the past came back to the present. :D

Probably was me.

#16 itsDON

itsDON

"wonk uoy naht noitceffa erom deen I"

• 47 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:03 AM

Oh Gosh...This game will never be finished.

#17 Alpha Baymax

Alpha Baymax
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:26 AM

Cool news, still no trailer doe.

#18 Hero of Light XIV

Hero of Light XIV
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:28 PM

Oh Gosh...This game will never be finished.

Actually this is to ensure that it WILL be finished.

#19 Caity

Caity

The girl that chased the rabbit

• 4,770 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:43 PM

If only they were willing to take a 4th year placement student in Games Dev for one year who doesn't speak a lick of Japanese and lives in Ireland, that'd be swell.   So many developers don't bother with placement students /:

• Oli likes this

#20 KingdomHearts3

KingdomHearts3

In the final chapter...

• 4,981 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:51 PM

If only they were willing to take a 4th year placement student in Games Dev for one year who doesn't speak a lick of Japanese and lives in Ireland, that'd be swell.   So many developers don't bother with placement students /:

In other words, you mean you?