Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aqua7KH

When the Apple Falls (Roleplay)

(sign ups are closed for brand new characters (Waking and Riku you're still okay) and everyone please follow this thread to stay up to date!!!)

It was Wednesday in the town of Farefaire. School was out for the rest of the week due to preparation for the arrival of the children from the Forgotten Isles. They were to be moved in and settled into a series of rooms that made up a section of the West Wing of the school.

Nearby this school, a young man by the name of Dexter was currently sleeping in his room, that is until his father came in to wake him up.

“Dexter.” Roxas uttered as he shook Dexter awake. “Dexter. Come on. It's eleven in the afternoon.”

Dexter groaned and turned around in his bed. He almost swatted his father’s hand away.

“Dad leave me alone…” He muttered, stuffing his face into his pillow.

Roxas sighed, and turned around while shaking his head. He didn't expect much from his son that afternoon, especially since the night before they had a unpleasant argument over something Roxas doesn't even remember.

“Fine. Sleep in. See if I care! You're be one missing out on spending a day with friends and meeting the new kids from the island.” Upon saying those words, Roxas felt a small pit of nausea in his heart. He knew Naminé was at the island, a girl he also once loved long ago. But sadly fate decided it was Replica Riku she was to be with.

“What if she’s here…” Roxas whispered to himself, hurrying downstairs to distract himself with absolutely anything. Cooking. Cooking is fun. Even if you suck at it.

Dexter meanwhile rolled his eyes under his eyelids and turned around once more in bed. After finally realizing what Roxas said, Dexter almost shot up in his bed. Today WAS the day. He took out his phone underneath his pillow and checked for any messages.

“What if they're here…”

Meanwhile, miles and miles away was the Forgotten Isles, a series of small islands around a bigger islands that served as the home for all villains and their children. Some honestly deserved to be there while others didn't. It was because of this why the program was established.

Percy Mors was wide awake. He had been awake for hours since he always woke up early. He only ever slept in when he tried to stay up late with his older brother, which always ended up in him being asleep on his brother’s arm in front of the TV by ten o’clock. Currently he was drawing under his bed in his room, because honestly he was afraid of leaving.

“Maybe if I hide under here I won't have to leave…” He whispered to himself as he drew a flood Unversed, a little cute creature he ironically played with. At first he was excited to leave- and even volunteered to do it for his parents and because his brother was doing it. Now that it was actually time to leave… Percy was less thrilled.

"Vita! Are you awake dear?"

"Yes mom!"

Vita looked herself in the mirror one more time. She fixed any imperfections she could notice on her hair, smoothing any unlikable wrinkle on her clothes. This week would be...quite exciting. She was going to end up moving to a whole new place to attend to a whole new academy. Just her and the other children of course. Though she didn't know if she would adjust well enough to not get homesick. She walked over to the window, glancing at the somewhat pitiful state of islands that she called home. They weren't unlivable, but it wouldn't be the place you would live in unless you wished to absolutely isolate yourself. The earth though fertile was always s dark, grayish color that extended to the beaches, which were a lighter gray and resembled ashes. Most days were cloudy and even in sunny days the place just felt absolute bleak. The forests and trees were of ebony bark and equally colored leaves. It was home. A home where they would all be sent to be forgotten from the rest of the world. Until the program that is. Vita closed the curtains and hurried downstairs, carrying her luggage which only consisted of a traveling suitcase and a bag with personal items. "I'm here." Vita hummed, setting down the suitcase at the base of the stairs as she saw a random unversed rub against her leg. "Morning to you too." Vita smiled. Her father Vanitas had apparently been working hard to keep his emotions in control, because every time he felt a bad emotion, whether frustration or hatred or something of the sorts, an unversed would pop up as a result of it. If he killed it he would only end up feeling worse and another one would take its place. As a result it wasn't odd to see Unversed as one of the creatures inhabiting the island. It was hilarious yet scary sometimes. Or at least normal for her. "Ready for the journey?" Vanitas grumbled, walking over as he crossed his arms from the living room doorway. "Yeah." Vita smiled softly. "I think so."

"Zephyrus don't eat so fast you'll get a stomach ache!" Ventus warned his beloved daughter, who in turn somewhat slowed down, but not before swallowing the bunch of pancakes she had been eating to prior. Ventus sighed, rubbing his head gently. Zephyrus was the spitting image of himself with the personality of her upbeat mother. Sometimes he wondered if he would be able to keep up with the little tyke. "I'm done! Can I go now?!" Zephyrus asked. Ventus pursed his lips. "Brush your teeth first." He said, receiving an annoyed groan from his daughter, who hurried over to do as told. Today was the day that the children of the Forgotten Isles would arrive. Some would be coming alone, others with their parents for the day to get settled down. To think that the children of their worst enemies would be arriving and settling here to study was conflicting. He wanted to think that the children would have no consequences or have the need to be punished for their parent's actions before they were even born. Yet the fact that they were their children at all brought an uncanny fear. What if the apple hadn't fallen that far from the tree? He couldn't stop thinking about it. Especially since Vanitas, his darkness and flesh and blood as well as the man who tore everything apart for him when he was younger was having his own child come by. Ventus couldn't help but to worry. Zephyrus brushed her teeth, taking out her cellphone was she began to text to a group chat. 'Yoooo I'm heading to the pier to see the kids arrive. Who wants to come with me??? : ))))'

James, the son of the God of the underworld, was shown to be going around the islands one last time before he left. James wanted to remind everyone while he was away who was truly the baddest boy in town. James didn't care for many people, and so he didn't really have a heart. He was the type of guy to take candy from a baby and then stick the candy on the baby's eyes and then throw the baby across the way, he was that cold hearted. But after he was done with going around town, he went home to pick up his suitcase. "Yo, pops! I'm here, so if you are going to say bye, best to do it now." James said hatefully. Hades suddenly appeared in that flash of smoke thing he normally does. "Don't raise your voice to me, son! I am the lord of the dead! It's just a shame that I was trapped here while the Underworld was changed into gods know what. Now, have you got everything you need?" Hades asked. James nodded, "Yeah, every thing that I truly need with me." James said as Hades then looked at him. "Okay, and one last thing, I know we talked about what the plan is once you get to that goody goody town, but if you ever need anything, then take this." Hades said handing James a magic charm. "What's this?" James asked as he looked at the charm. It was black with blue wings engraved into it. "If you focus on that charm, anything you truly need will come to your aid. But you can only use it when you truly need it, if you try to use it just for the heck of it, it won't work." Hades said. "Okay, pops. And don't worry, I will be fine. That town won't know what hit them this time!" James said as he prepared to go to the town and leave his island.

Alex was home eating brunch, which mainly was lobster with fancy rolls and corn and mash potatoes. "So, today is the day. Should we be worried about those kids coming here?" Sora asked as Sora and Kairi where in the kitchen while Alex was in the dining hall. "I don't know. Something tells me that this isn't going to turn out very well, but I think we should still give the kids a chance. Maybe they can prove us wrong? But the problem is, Xehanort and Maleficent's kids are coming, and who knows what they will be like, what if they are up to no good again? We could lose our family." Kairi said worried. "Well if they are, we can stop them. We still have the keyblades, and we know how to use them. Plus, I am sure that everyone else in the town could help." Sora said as they let Alex eat her meal.

Kopiu enjoyed a bowl of cereal at the table, quietly thinking about the premise of what he was going to be doing today. Leaving for the main land... It was an exciting possibility. His mother, Namine was working around the kitchen, putting away dishes in a vain attempt to hide her worry.

"Where is Percy?" She muttered, sounding anxious. Kopiu continued to enjoy his breakfast. "Kopiu, go wake up your brother. It's nearly time to go." Namine ordered of him. Kopiu nodded, so much for the whole enjoy breakfast thing. He got up from the table and trotted up the stairs. He knocked on Percy's door, then opened it and leaned in. He knew his brother well enough to know that he was up. Kopiu gave Percy a smile.

"Come on, what are you waiting for? We'll finally get a chance to see what Fatefaire is like." The older brother said, sounding excited.

Acta slid down the stair railing, a piece of toast in her mouth and still shrugging on her sweater. She wasn't about to miss seeing the arrival of the students. Despite her negative thoughts on the whole idea (which her father had reprimanded her for many a time), it was still an excitement that she was not normally exposed to. Feeling the buzz in her pocket, as soon as she landed on the ground, she pulled out her phone. Zeph, she texted back a reply quickly. "On my way now!" Acta opened up the door, then yelled loudly to make sure her message was heard throughout the house.

"I'm heading to the pier!" She cried, then slammed the door.

(Ember and Somrene will get a post another time. They have a record for being late)

(I think I'm gonna change Percy's age real quick in a few)

Dexter actually decided to go back to sleep and try to get a few more minutes in, but sadly he was ripped out of his dream state by the sound of his phone buzzing. And buzzing. And buzzing. Dexter groaned once again and grabbed his phone.

"I bet this is another stupid group chat..." And it was. He could tell by the phone just buzzing over and over again. And it was a group chat started by his cousin Zeph.

'I think the mayor is going to force our parents to go too. I'll see ya there!' Dexter responded, but he sent it to Zephyrus alone and not the group chat.

With that, Dexter threw some clothes and rushed downstairs to leave.

"I'm going to the pier with my cousin!" Dexter shouted as he went straight to the door.

Roxas sighed and turned around with a pan of eggs in his hand.

"But I'm making breakfast for you!" Roxas said. "Sit down and eat first!"

Dexter turned around and pointed to the door.

"Dad, I'm just gonna eat it when I get back!" Dexter uttered before he left the house. Roxas shook his head and ran a hand through his head. He decided to call Sora, his somebody.

"Hey..." He uttered, hoping Sora would pick up. "I hope you're as excited for today as I am..." Roxas sounded sad, distant almost. Usually he often called Sora for all kinds of things including support. Roxas considered Sora an actual brother rather than somebody.

Meanwhile, Percy signed softly and poked his head from underneath his bed. "But I don't wanna be away from mom and dad..." He muttered, sliding his head back under the bed like a turtle. There was something more to it, and it was heard all throughout his voice. There was another reason why he was afraid to go. "Can't I just go another time...?"

The light filtered through the windows as the sounds of bacon sizzling and toast...toasting filled the kitchen. Xion was hard at work making breakfast for her family, and was engrossed in the task of currently washing some dishes from last night's dinner, which had been her daughter Lux's favorite - Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, with more noodles then chicken. She even had gone out to get some fresh packs of root beer for her daughter, so she'd have a little stash in her room. She turned and met an Finish Move - Size D cups to the face. She stood still for a moment, not moving.

"How many times have I asked you to not try and sneak up slowly?"

Said chest moved back. The much taller Lightning had a small smile played across her lips, and the adorable pout was chased away with a soft kiss. "Sorry. I just was admiring how the light framed you."

Xion rolled her eyes, but her blushing cheeks showed that Light had gotten a win in. She reached up and flicked her wife's forward. "You're not gonna win." She slipped past her and turned the bacon over. "Work let you have the rest of the week off?

"Yes. Unless there's an emergency, I'll be here."

"Good. Lux misses you. I miss you." She turned, leaning against the stove. "She still asleep?"

"No. She was already up when I got back. She was in the study, continuing her drawing. She's gotten quite good."

Before Xion could answer, Luxanna slipped into the kitchen. She was in her favorite maid-inspired dress, with a matching headdress/bow thing - Light never could guess what the hell it was. She turned and smiled.

"Hey, Lux."

A moment of stillness, then Light visibly oofed as Lux crashed into her for a hug. "Hi mom."

An underwhelming voice, but Light had grown to understand the little inflections and such of her daughter's voice. So shy and quiet, Light sometimes couldn't believe it was her daughter...but she couldn't deny the resemblence...that, and the rose in her hair that clashed magnificently with the raven black...

Light hugged back. "How has school been?"

She hadn't seen the warning look from her wife, which led to Lux hiding her face. "I...it's okay mom...mommy's been keeping my root beer stocked when I'm at school..." She clearly was lying...but Light didn't press. She'd ask Xion later.

Lux peeked out. "...Do I have to go see the new students coming from the Isles?"

"...no." Xion said. "Light actually said she wanted to take you out. Little date for you."

Light did not miss that. "Yes...A mother-daughter date. Just us. Whatever you want." Thank god she got paid, because those words might have gotten Xion to lecture her about finances. She might be a powerful warrior, but even Lightning Farron knew not to cross the wife when money could be tight. She frankly enjoyed living, nevermind sleeping in her own bed.

Lux pulled away. Her smiles was sweet, serene...something that was definitely picked up from Xion. She then moved to get a plate from her mommy, which was piled up with scrambled eggs, toast, and bacon. She sat and began to eat, while the couple sat and began reading - Light, a file from work, and Xion, the morning paper.

Lux read fanfiction. She was an avid internet-goer, and loved reading stories people made up for some of her favorite things. Currently she was engrossed in a star-crossed lovers slashfic that was getting...steamy. And by steamy, they were hanging over a volcano about to die because of galactic peace. Or something.

Sounded like something that would happen to her mother. Lightning always found herself in predicaments at work. Once she came home with an eyepatch and a head bandage. Lux had been hysterical for awhile.

She swiped her tablet to the next page. It was a perfect day. Her parents, eating and teasing each other. Herself, no problems...it was perfect.

She was sure nothing could ruin this day.

---------------------------------------------

Then the day was ruined, because across the ocean a rose-haired boy was currently learning exactly why you do not, under any circumstances, piss off Jihl Nabaat when she hasn't had her morning coffee.

"I found the perfect genes, i carried your ass for ten months. Ten! One more than normal! You're smart and good looking. Dammit Jack Nabaat, if I have to pick up one more piece of clothing you carelessly left in the perfect spot to slip on before my morning coffee again you won't have a foot for the sock to fit on!"

He yelped as her hand smacked him, the backhand sending him into the wall. Jihl didn't pause to continue, she marched past him and got her coffee. Holding his bruised cheek, he entered the kitchen...to be handed an ice pad.

"Stop leaving your things around. Someone will get hurt."

Like me, bitch. He thought. Seriously, Jihl was a monster sometimes...but she was his mother, and even he could not deny that she loved him.

"Remember. You do your best to find a way for us to escape this town...and if you find a way to ruin Eclaire Farron's life, that would be perfect." She took a long drought of deliciously triple caffeinated, luxuriously smooth chocolate coffee. "And if you see James Darkness, please remind him that just because his father is the disgraced lord of the dead, does not mean he is the baddest thing on the Island."

"Mom, you're not exactly a god of the dead."

"No, but Hades can't make such excellent coffee, hence why I'm better."

Grabbing his duffel, Jack Nabaat rolled his eyes. "Whatever. If I get a chance to call you I will. Right now, I'll get to the pier." He sighed. God, this was a stupid program. Like those Fatefield jerks. Jack paused.

"If Mom's ex flame has a kid, this might not be so bad. If they're a wimp, even better."

With the thoughts of torment and tacos on his mind, he went to search for a breakfast taco, before he would head to Fatefield.

--------------------------------------------

The phone rang, and Madoka really didn't have time for this dammit! But it was mom.

"Yes, mom?"

"Madoka, you know we were going to be at the pier waiting, right?"

"I know mom, just -"

"Madoka..."

"The volcano is about to erupt!"

"You stopped that an hour ago, Maddy. Wade told me."

"He's mist -

"Madoka Tadashi Ronnie Hamada Possible."

"I'm picking up some pocky..."

The exasperated sigh that came from the phone was all too familiar. Madoka winced. Okay, so she could have gone to the market. But...you cannot beat authentic pocky. So here she was in Akiba, loaded with pocky and a few awesome manga (plus a brand new Yuki Yuna is a Hero figure for her collection) about to feel the wrath of Kimberly Anne Hamada-Possible.

"I'm almost to my mech, I'll be there in minutes."

"You better be. I swear, Hi...wait, he does this all the time. Bye honey, I need to make sure he and Baymax aren't still in San Fransokyo, I just realized he probably would get stuck with Fred at the manor..."

"Love you mom. See you soon."

Click.

Madoka Tadashi Ronnie Hamada Possible was like a bolt. She sprinted for her mech and dived in, gunning every propulsion system she had. Her mission, which she chose to accept, was to get her ass to that pier before her father did.

Her very life depended on it. 

Edited by Sabre Lily

Sora answered Roxas's call. "Yeah, Roxas. I am feeling so great for this. But honestly, I don't know if this is a good idea. I mean my life has been going better since the villains were sent to that island. What if the villains get to escape because of this? And what if the kids are twice as bad as the parents are. The only one I could see coming back and actually be okay is you know who (Namine). But the others, they were never on our side to begin with, and now we want to just give their children a free pass to come ruin our lives? This whole thing is a mess of worry, but if any funny business happens, I will be ready for it. That is why I still watch over this town, and help maintain order, after all." Sora said as he talked to Roxas on the phone.

Kairi was seen talking to Alex. "So, big, big day today. Shouldn't you be ready to go meet the new kids?" Kairi tried to sound calm around Alex. "Yeah, I think I am full. Time to go meet the kids. A bit nervous, but maybe that can change once I meet them. And don't worry, I will make sure nothing bad happens or call you all first thing." Alex said as she grabbed her phone and walked out the mansion. "That's my girl." Kairi said with a smile towards Alex as she left. When Alex got outside, she started walking to the pier. And she texted the group that she would be there as well.

*The sunrise this morning... overly idyllic, yet relaxing just the same, the morning dew dripping gently onto the fresh, soft ground, a slight wind flowing the through the grass causing it to sway softly, creating an angelic sound, a soft whistle from a subtle child.  Thomas stayed up through the entire night, alongside Rufus, although the chocobo's now nuzzled nearby Thomas, its head curled ontop of Thomas' lap.  It wasn't truly anticipation, as Thomas didn't expect the newcomers to truly be all that much different from the rabble with which Thomas is already familiar.  It wasn't dread either, for the same reason.  Perhaps it was curiousity, not necessarily for the new children, but rather for the ships themselves.  Would they lend any clues towards the outside world?  Clearly something had to be out there, he refuses, mostly out of obstinancy, to believe that the twin islands can retained themselves within a perfect bubble.  Yet, no matter how hard he tries, Thomas has yet to find a single anomaly amongst the substances of these towns.*

*Thomas gently rubs the right side of Rufus' head, his feathers flowing softly through his fingers.  Rufus' right eye opens slowly, its black eye shining gradually more brightly as its eyelids open.  Rufus yawns, and begins to rise its head, the rest of his body still curled in front of Thomas' lap.  Thomas gently smiles, scratching Rufus' chin.  Rufus chirps happily, and rises upwards, its body now completely up.  As Rufus stretches its wings outwards, Thomas rises from the ground, patting Rufus' right side underneath the stretched wing, the underside being mostly cooled by the morning air now.*

"Morning Rufus!  Today's the big day... hopefully anyways... wonder how mad the old folks are?  I mean, I did rush off in a frenzy on them, right in the middle of dinner.  Mum's going to be pissed... then again, when isn't she?  Besides when she..."

*Rufus begins to rub the right side of his head upon Thomas' left shoulder, causing Thomas to be knocked back a little bit.*

"Hey boy!  I get you, I get you, I'll apologize later.  But the pier's not far from here, let's at least see the ships for a moment, then run off before anyone notices us.  That sounds good right?"

*Rufus chirps happily before placing its wings downward.  Rufus then bends downwards, causing the grass to krinkle somewhat as Rufus tucks his head inwards.*

"Thought you'd agree to that."

*Thomas climbs up on top of Rufus' back, causing the chocobo to chirp gleefully before spurting off into a sudden sprint, causing a streak of white to appear in its wake.  Thomas barely manages to hold onto his red felt hat, although  an iridescent white feather flies off of it.*

"Slow down already, sheesh.  Going to make me fly off, and sudden crashes aren't a part of my daily agenda thank you very much!"

*Rufus, to Thomas' misfortune, bears little heed to Thomas exhaustion as it continues its dash towards the pier.*

Waking up early with every intent of leaving as soon as possible, Azriel headed to the lounge in his house in order to grab a bite to eat. Knowing that this would be his last day in the house, Azriel decided to stock up on snacks that help pass the time on the ferry ride from the Forgotten Isles to Fatefaire. Listening to music through his earphones, Azriel usually kept himself at a distance from everything that was going on around him, including the fact that his father had just walked into the room.

"Azriel."

The blue haired teen looked over his shoulder as he raided the fridge to meet the eyes of Ienzo, formerly known as Zexion.

"I understand that you'll be going to Fatefaire today. All I wish to say is for you to not neglect your studies on magic and that I will not accompany you down to the docks."

Typical. Azriel nodded to his father understandingly as Ienzo then left his son to his own devices. It was like this everyday in the Nyx household. Azriel understood that his father did not truly care for him as a son and he had simply grown accept it. Even though he'd now developed a similar coldness that his father displayed, Ariel was still defiant to his father by choosing to use a sword than his magic. Making some toast, Azriel headed back up the stairs to get the last of his things from his bedroom in preparation for the move. Throwing the bag with all of his clothes in over his shoulder, Azriel made sure to pick two other things before he left the house. The first was the sword that he had been training with over the course of the last two years, something he'd grown awfully attached to despite he was supposed to be a mage instead of a warrior. Azriel strapped the short sword to his waist as he then approached the next thing to do on his agenda. The second item that the boy picked up was a large book that decorated with silver around the edges and a large crest on the front. This book was Ariel's Grimoire, containing all of his valuable magical abilities and without a second thought, he threw the Grimoire out the window. Now that he had gotten and abandoned everything he'd needed, Azriel left his house without even a second look to see if his dad was watching. Walking through the streets and heading straight to the docks, Azriel turned up the volume on his earphones, not wanting to be bothered as he prepared himself for what might await him in Fatefaire.

"Did you pack everything you need? Toothbrush and all?" Vanitas asked, Vita nodding in measurement. Yes, her father was in all terms of the word, evil. He had done horrible things in the past. He had done horrible things recently as it was. But because Vita was who she was, his daughter, his next in kin, he actually cared. Even just a bit. "Right. We better hurry to the pier then. Don't want to get left behind by the ferry." Vanitas said casually as he picked up Visa's luggage and began to carry it out the door. "You'll have lots of fun. Remember to behave and to shower. Call us or write us if you can alright?" Vita's mother chimed happily as she kissed her cheek. One word to best describe her mother was kind. How such a kind and gentle woman up earned her father's love was a grand mystery. Same would go of how he won her heart back. "I will." Vita reassured her. "Come on! Time's wasting!" Vanitas hissed. Vita bid her farewells to her mother and hurried to Vanitas, who walked with her out of the house, and to the pier. "You sure you want to come with me? I know you are...sensitive when it's about...them." Vita said, referring to the island inhabitants where the good guys lived. "I'll be alright. I want to make sure you get there. Besides," Vanitas said as he opened his vest to reveal a shirt. "I'm wearing my lucky shirt." "Oh gosh daddy NO." Vita gasped. His 'lucky shirt' was actually just a white shirt with red letters that said the following:

"10 rules of dating my daughter

1. Get a job

2. Understand I don't like you

3. I'm everywhere

4. You hurt her, I hurt you

5. Bring her home 30 minutes early

6. Get a lawyer

7. If you lie to me, I WILL find out

8. She is my child, not your conquest

9. I don't mind going back to jail

10. Whatever you do to her, I will do to you"

He only wore it on special occasions. Currently she wished she had burned the damn thing before leaving.

"I'm going to the pier~" Zephyrus sang as she ran down the hall and opened the door. "Already? Isn't it a tad bit early?" Ventus asked in worry. "But what if they get here early? Don't worry, other kids are going so if they do something evil we'll stop them!" Zephyrus chimed as she bolted out. "Wait that's not what I meant-!" And she was gone. Ventus groaned. Today would be a long day.

James was on his way to the pier when he noticed Vanitas and Vita. James immediately started laughing at the sight of Vanitas's shirt. "Yo Van, nice shirt! Over protective much, aren't you? Good thing Vita has you around, she would be a wimp without you! Oh wait, she is going to the hero's land. That means she is a wimp!" James said as he quickly took off to avoid Vanitas's reaction. James then saw Jack Nabaat. "Hey Jack, your scary witch still think I don't own this island? Doesn't she know that I make the best coffee around?" James laughed as he continued to walk to the pier.

{Eraqus}

Terra looked up from the game he and Eraqus were having, raising an eyebrow.

"Most likely to meet up with Zephyrus." The teenager supplied, not looking up from the game. "They have been texting."

Terra nodded, then looked back at the game.

"Most likely enjoying time off before the new students come in." He said. "Which means, your mother or I will have to go apologize for what ever mischief she's come up with now."

Eraqus looked up quickly to catch a faint smile play across his father's face. While Terra and Aqua had to be firm on the rules for Eraqus and Acta, they privately enjoyed seeing their kids being themselves, even if, in Acta's case, that was being a bit of a trouble maker.

For Eraqus himself, a flicker of envy for his younger sister's ability to cut lose and have fun disturbed him, but he crushed under the weight of common sense and discipline.

"Is letting the kids from the Forgotten Isles come here wise?" Eraqus asked, trying to get his mind back on the game.

Terra gave his son a sharp look.

"Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves." He said, then added softer. "Even a second chance."

"Yes, it's the right thing to do." Eraqus said, moving a piece on the board before looking up into his father's eyes. "But is it the wise thing to do? 'Right' and 'wise' are not always the same thing."

Terra held his son's gaze a second, then shrugged.

"I don't know." He admitted. "The only way to know is to do it."

Eraqus nodded. Yet another dangerous experiment that could adversely effect the world. As if there hadn't been enough of those already.

{Val}

Val kicked the free standing training bag over at the end of the combination she had been the playing around with. Now, if only science home work would go down so easy. After standing up the bag, she took a long drink from her water bottle. The idea of the new kids come from the Forgotten Isles had been exciting her ever sense she had heard about it, and now that it was so close, it was hard to not be anxious. New people meant new friends.

"And possibly rivals." She had to admit, but that was life. Lemons equaled lemonade and all that.

With a sigh, Val headed for a shower. That would kill some more time before she had to figure out what she was gonna to do today.

Jack watched him go. He shrugged and walked over to Vita, not really minding Vanitas and his shirt. Being an asshole was easy. Now, being a magnificent bastard was all the more hard, and something Jack continually moved to perfect.

"My radiant darkness. How nice to see our sweet Vita is going to the mainland." He removed his glasses, merely to look at her unhindered. Mainly...he needed them for really far seeing. Neither him nor Jihl technically needed them, but it at first gave them a more...calm...soothing appearance.

A facade.

"He looked to Vanitas. "Vanitas. A pleasure to meet you. Jack Nabaat. My mother is Jihl. She runs the library down off first." He extended his hand. "I see Vita will be part of the program."

------------------------------------------------

Luxanna followed her mother out of the house mere half an hour later. Lightning's sports car waiting. Light opened the door for her, and young Lux slipped in. She always liked her mom's car. She buckled up as Light turned it on. Her mother then turned to her.

"So kid. Where do you want to go?"

Lux wasn't really sure off the top of her head, honestly, So, taking a moment to think, she looked over and smiled. "Uhm...can we go to the beach? There's a nice little ice cream shack there..."

Light chuckled, the car driving off.

The drive was fun, since Light let Luxanna play her own music and even let the sunroof open up. Light loved how Luxanna seemed to glow when she was happy, and as they slowed to the beach, Luxanna happily looked out at the cresting waves. The stopped car only let her get out fast, and pirouetted a few times, befre Light managed to walk over and grab her hand.

"...do you mind?" She asked softly.

"Never!" She brightly said. One of Lux's quirks was her want to always be holding her mother's hand. It was just something that kept her calm and safe...that, and it always made it perfect. So her day of happiness was made even better as Lightning paid for a triple scoop mint chocolate chip, cherry vanilla, and cookies and cream cone. She began to eat happily as they walked.

"Lux."

Ice cream devoured and finished, Lux looked up at her mother. "Yes?

Lightning had led her to a small outcropping over the ocean. She reached behind her, and withdrew her Blazefire Saber.

"Before you go back, I picked this up from my secret spot. I used it a long time ago, and now..." She placed it in Lux's hands. "I want you to have it. It served me well in my fight against Barthandelus and Cocoon. And now...now, Lux, I want you to have it. Your mother gave you a Keyblade...I want you to have a blade from me as well. When you go back, keep it with you. And remember, no matter what anyone says...I am proud of you, Lux. And neither Xion or I will ever regret you. You're ours."

Lux hugged the Blazefire Saber to her chest, and looked up. "...I..." She sniffed. "I won't let you down, mom!"

Lightning Farron merely pulled her into a hug. "You never have."

Approaching the docks, Azriel noticed that there quite a few people there already, people that he'd recognised from the town. Even though Azriel knew who they were and was aware that they all knew each other, he was doubtful that any of them knew who he was. Due to his fathers strict tutelage, Azriel's activities were heavily restricted. While he was aloud to freely leave the house, he made sure not to talk to anyone. Ienzo believed that connections to other people were a weakness and were not needed in order to become strong. Having no other examples to follow, Azriel went along with what his father believed. Even after declaring that he would no longer be a mage, he still refused to talk to others as he saw it more as a bother than a hindrance. Its not that he couldn't make friends, its that he just thought it would be easier if he didn't. Now that Azriel had entered a situation where he was surrounded by people, assumingly all going on the same boat as himself, he came to the conclusion of what he should do next. Almost ignoring the entirety of the ranting coming from Jack and James, Azriel rested his back against a nearby wall in order to not involve himself in the conflict. Looking around, he took note of everyone near the docks, including Vita and her father Vanitas. If Azriel were to enter a fight with any of the people that had gathered, he was sure that it would be very tiring and annoying. The teen had no doubt in himself, believing that he could easily defeat them if he used magic, but then grew annoyed with himself as he still somehow considered using magic to defeat his enemies. Instead, Azriel decided that it was better not to make enemies, friends or any kind of social concept. He just stood there in the background, waiting for when the boat would arrive and trying not to draw attention to himself.

Vanitas and Vita watched James run over, comment on them, and then run off. Vanitas decided not to chase the kid just because it would be too much of a pain to do so. Instead he pointed at him. "You see that kid, Vita? He's dead to me." Vanitas hissed. Vita sighed softy and watched Jack walk over to introduce himself. "Morning Jack." Vita smiled gently. Though not close friends, she knew of him before. The library was one of the few places to hang around in the forgotten isles, so it wasn't the first time she had seem him around. Vanitas glanced down at the kid and shook his hand firmly. "So you're Jihl's kid. Finally got to meet you. I thought you were dead." Vanitas said rather bluntly. Whether he meant what he said or not was a mystery due to his tone. But it didn't seem to matter much. "Yeah. Vita here is going to torment her cousins of the nice part of the sea, hopefully." Vanitas hummed. "I want to see Ventus' face once he sees me step on the island for a day." Vanitas smirked. For one day he had an excuse to torment his former enemies, he was escorting his daughter and all. He knew she could take care of herself just fine...he just wanted to laugh at their faces once he settled foot onto their beloved island. Vita rolled her eyes and smiled at Jack. "You're joining the program too, right? I think it should be a bit exciting...never been outside this place before so." Vita chimed. As curious as she was she was also very wary. She had no idea what to expect. "I wouldn't be surprised if everyone ends up joining the program. A chance to visit some place else? I sure wouldn't miss it."

Zephyrus was quick to skip down the road, over to the pier where everyone would end up greeting the newcomers from the Forgotten Isles. She had heard so many rumors of them, she didn't know what was fact or fiction anymore. She once heard that they all had sharp teeth and claws and horns! She then heard that they looked human but would transform into vicious creatures at full moon. Then again. They were all just rumors among the islands. Nothing could be considered true until proven. The day was as beautiful as ever, the waves crashing gently against the shore. Zephyrus had what could be considered a perfect life here, and just as equally she was naive.

*Thomas and Rufus make it down to the pier, seemingly before anyone else, but one girl seemingly observing the waves of the nearby beach.  It truly is a relaxing day, but Thomas rather not have anyone notice him, lest he have to actually involve himself with other people right now.  Thus does he whisper into Rufus' right ear as he scratches directly below it.*

"Now, there should be a path directly to the..."

*Rufus immediately, instead, stares back at Thomas, a mischevious glint in his eye, and begins to move his rump upwards rapidly, trying to shake Thomas off.  Thomas, catching on immediately from the countless times this has worked before, grabs Rufus' neck tightly with both of his hands, careful to not choke the chocobo.*

"Oh come on already!  Why are you doing this, bloody bird..."

*Rufus then flips his rump forward while still continuing its upward trajectory, nearly knocking Thomas' felt hat off his head.  Foolishly, Thomas removes his hands from the neck in order to grasp his hat on his head.  One could swear that a casual smirk could be seen within the chocobo's beak as he glances back towards Thomas.  Thomas gulps, full knowing his recent folly.  He swiftly tries to re-grasp the chocobo's neck.  Too late for that.  Rufus jumps upwards as he moves his rump violently upwards and forward, tossing Thomas directly off it, like an unwanted flea.  Rufus, as he descends to the ground, unfurls his wings and stretches them outward as he chirps with some vividity, making their presence now known to anyone, at least those who would care.  Thomas doesn't descend with that sort of grace, instead falling face first onto the ground with some violence, a visible thud being heard.  Thomas groans, raising his right hand with some struggle.*

"Morning..."

*His hand falls back onto the ground as Rufus begins to move towards the grass, looking intently for some Gyashal to feast upon.*

Roxas sighed as he listened to Sora's words. Honestly the whole villain thing was pretty stupid. Overall Roxas remained somewhat neutral. He was a 'bad guy' at one point in his life. Hell, he lived with thirteen of them. Yeah, he was worried about what they could do to Dexter, but honestly it didn't even matter that the kids were from the Forgotten Isles. Some of the kids in Fatefaire are worse than the villains themselves. It aggravated him how everyone acted like Fatefair was the perfect town with nothing but good people. It's really not.

"Look, Sora," Roxas began. "I know you're worried. I am too. But come on. Are you scared that they are going to bully or fight are kids? That already happens. Just last week I had to pick up Dexter from school because he fought someone. Some of the kids here act like they're from the a Forgotten Isles. There's a boy here that I seriously think he's Xemnas' long lost son or something. And if the villains try to come back, we'll just beat them again." With that, Roxas decided to put Dexter's breakfast away even though he knew Dexter was most likely not going to eat it later. Roxas was going to speak, however when he heard Sora mention a you-know-who his skin almost paled.

"N-Naminé..." He uttered. "I haven't seen her in years and years... Since she left to be with... Her Riku. You think she still remembers me? You think we could be friends again? You think she likes it there?"

Meanwhile Dexter was on a skateboard, his father's old skateboard actually- going down the sidewalk towards the pier. He wasn't really paying attention to his surroundings. His mind was just off somewhere else. He had family over at the island. Family he never met. Considering how much of a train wreck his family was, Dexter wondered how bad it was over on the island.

"Maybe I belong there. My dad sure does..." Dexter huffed to himself. He couldn't stand his father 90% of the time. Part of it was because he blamed his father for the divorce. Another part was because in general, they just bumped heads all the time. Two males with some tempers and attitudes under the same roof did not mix well at all. As a result they got into arguments a lot. Sometimes he started it, sometimes his father did.

Dexter was ripped out of his thoughts due to a strange sight up ahead; Thomas on the ground and Rufus just walking around looking for something. Dexter shook his head and skated up to Thomas to give him a hand.

"I'm surprised your even awake." Dexter said with a friendly grin as he held out his hand. "If that was me I'd be knocked out."

Edited by Aqua7KH

"Roxas, am I really hearing that you still care for her after all these years?" Sora asked teasing Roxas over the phone. "Who knows really what she remembers and what she doesn't. I just think it wasn't the best choice she made to go to a villain's island instead of staying here with us. But then again, sometimes I wonder why we put Riku's replica over on that island to begin with. I mean I know that it was Riku's idea and put to a vote, but still, he did help me at one point. I don't know, it just feels like maybe we really did put people on that island that didn't deserve it while we still have some people here that could be as bad as you said. I know my son is a rebel himself, but honestly I wouldn't send him away for anything else in the world. Maybe we should give the kids a chance, maybe some of the adults will take a lesson from their kids' experiences here. Anyway, I have to go. I have to go make sure everything is going according to plan. As the mayor's right hand man, I have to help out the best I can." Sora said as he hung up the phone.

Meanwhile, Alex reached the pier in no time since her mansion was literally on a part of the beach. She watched the waves go by and looked towards the Forgotten Isle. "Hmm, this is quite something else, I wonder how things will be from this moment on. Hopefully everything is fine. I just wonder where my brother is. He would be the one truly ready for these kids." Alex said to herself aloud.

James reached the pier himself back on his island home. "There it is. Now all I have to do is cross into that stupid place, destroy their happiness, and I can get back the Underworld before the week is up." James said to himself with a dark twisted laugh.

The duo of Light and Lux walked the beach a bit more, then found themselves at the pier. Already gathered were a decent little throng of people...and Light felt Luxanna freeze. The woman looked down to see what was up. She was blushing?

Light followed her eyeline, but couldn't see. "See something you like?" She asked teasingly.

"Y...yeah."

Light ruffled her hair. "Go hang out Lux. I'll bring the car over and if you really want to go home we'll go. Just...try? For me?"

Luxanna nodded. Clutching the Blazefire Saber to her chest, the girl walked over and onto the pier, entering the throng of people already there. She wasn't on good terms with many of them, but probably stood out - most people had lighter clothes. She, on the other hand, prefered black. it made the rose in her hair pop out amongst her raven strands.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jack turned to look at the dark, twisted laught eminating from somewhere else, before turning back to Vita.

"Okay, one of our fellow classmates is going to be sent back fairy quick." He smiled and bowed slightly. "And Vanitas, I do promsie to remember those rules on your shirt, in the imminent event I request Vita here go on a date with me. For one so resourceful, I daresay you'd find a way to get me all the way from this island."

He smiled at Vita, adjusting his glasses. "And I too, refused the chance to see a new place..." his smile, to her, was genuine. Sincere. No hidden agenda.

Something most others would not licit from the son of Jihl Nabaat.

Edited by Sabre Lily

"Luxanna? Luxaaaaaanaaaaa!" Zephyrus cheerer as she pushed her way through the crowd and ran to her fellow classmate and acquaintance. Yes rumors floated here and there, of how she was the result of an affair that shattered the relationship between Xion and Roxas. But Zephyrus didn't understand any of it to begin with, and didn't bother to dig further into it. As far as she knew Luxanna was awesome! Just a tad bit shy. "You're here! Did you receive my group message?" Zephyrus said as she ran right up to her. "I can't believe we are having villains coming over. At least their kids. Hey, is it true that they turn into heartless every full moon?" Zephyrus chimed, as cheerful as ever.

Vanitas stared down at Jack with a curious gaze. He didn't really understand if it was just that he was raised to be utterly polite or was just acting this way because he was an adult. Regardless it intrigued him some sort, especially when he mentioned about his shirt and Vita. Vanitas scoffed a bit, amused overall. "You're a weird one. But whatever." Vanitas said, a slight smile on his lips. Vita was staring over at Jack, and the moment he mentioned about the dating her face turned as pink as Jack's hair. Evil and unversed? No problem. Dating? Oh lord have mercy on her. Her cheeks burned, but the moment he turned his attention back on her, she shook her head, calming down as she nodded. "Yeah. I really don't think we would get another opportunity like this...I'm not even sure if they would let us stay in the end. This could just be a try out for all we know." Vita hummed. Vanitas chuckled. "I hope they let you stay so I can have a reason to visit." Vanitas purred, thinking of just how amazing it would feel to harass Ventus and Aqua and Terra by just standing there near them. "When will the ferry get here anyways?" Vanitas hummed as he stepped away from the two for a bit, getting closer to the pier in hopes of catching a glance of their ride. Vita looked at Jack. "Sorry that my dad is a bit...rude."

Meanwhile Dexter was on a skateboard, his father's old skateboard actually- going down the sidewalk towards the pier. He wasn't really paying attention to his surroundings. His mind was just off somewhere else. He had family over at the island. Family he never met. Considering how much of a train wreck his family was, Dexter wondered how bad it was over on the island.

"Maybe I belong there. My dad sure does..." Dexter huffed to himself. He couldn't stand his father 90% of the time. Part of it was because he blamed his father for the divorce. Another part was because in general, they just bumped heads all the time. Two males with some tempers and attitudes under the same roof did not mix well at all. As a result they got into arguments a lot. Sometimes he started it, sometimes his father did.

Dexter was ripped out of his thoughts due to a strange sight up ahead; Thomas on the ground and Rufus just walking around looking for something. Dexter shook his head and skated up to Thomas to give him a hand.

"I'm surprised your even awake." Dexter said with a friendly grin as he held out his hand. "If that was me I'd be knocked out."

"If only I were..."

*Thomas takes the hand for a moment, rising upwards and regaining his bearings.  A small motley crew is beginning to form, several people running to and fro finding friends or whatever.  Thomas merely sighs as he places the felt hat back onto his head, the feathers now scattered throughout the beach, some flowing simultaneously with the wind.  The person in front of Thomas is named Dexter, or at least Thomas believes this to be the case.  Good guy really, does well in school, talks to people... and really that's it.  Dexter and him only shared a few classes after all, and Thomas, for the most part, sleeps through them and then promptly either fails or barely passes the class.  Still, Dexter is a good guy, as far as Thomas knows, and thus he usually pesters him after numerous things, mostly rumors and hearsay and all that jazz, alongside bothering him during lunch for free snacks.  Thomas is surprised that Dexter even bothered to help him in the first place.*

*Thomas pats down the right side of his hat's rim as he returns the friendly grin, relatively surprised that he's not as early as he thought.*

"Sup Dex!"

*Although Thomas says this, he secretly begins to think.  What if Luxanna is around?  Mind, he never actually seen the girl before and nor does he bear any feelings towards her, positive or negative, but his father... he isn't as nice.  In fact, one can say he can be downright malicious at times.  Thus, perhaps he's more worried that she'll find his father than about him having to meet yet another person here.  He already found Dexter by complete happenstance, and one person is enough.  After all, he already has to deal with his bloody chocobo...*

(Didn't realize this was up already lol)

Kurai awoke and got ready to go to the island, not saying anything to his brother or his parents as he left, looking at the other kids leaving the island as well. He was just glad to finally be leaving the island, hopefully forever.

-Fiona-

The energetic youth came charging down the stairs, her skirt askew and her hair disheveled.  It seemed that she'd just gotten out of bed and dressed before charging in search of her elder sister.  Just as Valerie was heading from her latest workout and to the shower Fiona jumped from around the corner and grinned widely at her.  "Val!" she said, grasping her sister's sweaty hand and swinging it energetically.  "Today's the day!  The newcomers are coming from Forgotten Isle!"--her eyes dazzled with excitement--"what do you think they're like, Sis?  Do you think they'll bring pictures from the Forgotten Isle?  Do you think the kids will be like us?"

From around the corner came their mother Serah, her arms filled supplies that she was taking to the shed.  Her eyes widened in surprise upon noticing her two daughters gathered in the hall.  It was very out of the ordinary for Fiona to get out of bed when she didn't have to, and for her to wake up so early--and voluntarily, at that--was quite the rarity.  The rose-haired woman raised a brow in surprise.  "Girls, nice to see you up and bright.  If you're looking for your father he already left to help prepare for the arrival of the new students."

"Aww!  I was hoping we'd get a ride!  Oh, well, if we hurry we should still be able to get there on foot, right, Val?  You're coming with me, right?  Can we go now?"

A frown creased Serah's brow.  "I don't know about that . . . .  You both are looking kind of . . . messy."

"Mom!"  Fiona pouted and placed her hands at her sides.  "I'm fine!  Don't pick on me like that!"

-Jade-

"So, you thought that you could sneak off, did you?"  Walking up from behind Kurai was his elder brother, his black hair falling in disheveled locks over his forehead as usual.  In his hand he carried a suitcase, a laptop bag swung over his shoulder.  He walked over gracefully, not burdened at all by his load before setting it down on the ashy sand.  He glanced around at the rest of the students dismally.  "I've wanted this, Brother," said Jade, his voice flat yet strained.  "For years I dreamed of getting on to Fanfaire island, only I thought the circumstances would be . . . different."

The teen turned a glance to Kurai, tilting his head.  "I thought that I would have the Keyblade, but it seems that father has passed it along to you instead.  I do hope you know just how gifted you are, Kurai, and how fortunate your fate is.  With this ticket to the heroes' island you can become anything you want to be."  While Jade tried to be the supportive brother, he was failing miserably.  Resentment had built within his heart for Kurai, which was slowly starting to churn into hatred.

Kurai held his hand out, his father's Keyblade appearing in his hand. He looked into the face of the goat above the handle as he said "I never asked for this, any of it. To be born into this family, to be here on these islands, or even to wield this Keyblade." He dismissed the weapon as he moved on "But there is one thing I do know, I hate Sora and his Guardians of Light for causing me to be stranded on this godforsaken island for so long, as well as this darkness in my heart."

Roxas wasn't expecting Sora to outright make his little comment on Naminé. Or maybe he did expect it- it was Sora after all. Over time you had to expect Sora to say stupid stuff like that. Sometimes Roxas was shocked he was even Sora's Nobody. How could he be the Nobody of such a goofball?

"H-Hey! I-I just haven't been in contact with Naminé in a while... And yeah, she doesn't deserve to be there! Not even her Riku either!" Roxas always tried to refer Riku's Replica to something other than Riku's Replica; it felt wrong to refer to the guy as just a copy of someone else.

"I'm not even sure if Zexion deserves to be there. Well, sure, he is bad but be was just following the Organization. Blindly, you could even say. I know he wanted to take you and Riku out but still..." Roxas then quieted down. "I was supposed to go there, too. I'm wonder what life would've been like if I did. Maybe I'd still be with Xion, or maybe even Naminé. Maybe Dexter wouldn't be so hard with me. All we do is fight, Sora. Sure, we might have a few moments but the moments... Feel fake. Like we both know how it's going to end." Roxas suddenly sighed as he realized he was yet again just rambling on about his 'feelings' in a rather ironic way.

"I'm going to go. The Mayor wants all of us to be at the pier to greet the new arrivals so I guess I'll see you in like forty five minutes. See ya." With that, he hung up as well.

Meanwhile, Dexter helped Thomas up. He'd seen the guy around school a few times, and considered him a friend, even. After all, Dexter was condemned to the 'lame table' and in Dexter's opinion Thomas didn't seem like the kind of guy to be hanging around the popular tables.

"Nothing much. I'm meeting my cousin Zeph here to see the new guys arrive. I actually have a cousin on the Island so that's going to be fun. Are you here to see too? Well, the Mayor wants everyone to see the new arrivals anyway..."