Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TheKingdomkid

YouTube Red Announced

So YouTube Red just got announced today, it is a payed subscription for $9.99 a month where you can watch videos without ads, and some other special perks, aka the go firetruck yourself subscription, I'm sorry but this just seems to stupid, the ads are not that bad who cares if you have to watch 15-30 seconds of something before you watch your video and anything longer than that you can skip after a while, and the other perks are not worth it either, but whatever, how do you feel about this new thing

Edit: (thanks Shulk) Here you can read more http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2015/10/red.html

Edited by TheKingdomkid

So YouTube Red just got announced today, it is a payed subscription for $9.99 a month where you can watch videos without ads, and some other special perks, aka the go firetruck yourself subscription, I'm sorry but this just seems to stupid, the ads are not that bad who cares if you have to watch 15-30 seconds of something before you watch your video and anything longer than that you can skip after a while, and the other perks are not worth it either, but whatever, how do you feel about this new thing

It'd be fantastic if there was a link to a source for this so we could see what these other special perks are...

For anyone else who was hoping that a link would be in the OP, here's a link describing what else it has: http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2015/10/red.html

It doesn't sound half as bad as this thread makes it out to be when people don't selectively choose what information to share and leave out some other parts. It could be cheaper or offer more, yes, but it's not just "get rid of ads."

It'd be fantastic if there was a link to a source for this so we could see what these other special perks are...

For anyone else who was hoping that a link would be in the OP, here's a link describing what else it has: http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2015/10/red.html

It doesn't sound half as bad as this thread makes it out to be when people don't selectively choose what information to share and leave out some other parts. It could be cheaper or offer more, yes, but it's not just "get rid of ads."

I was looking for something like that but couldn't really find it, yes some of the stuff sounds good but it's still basically not a good thing, in my opinion, sure you get to watch original movies and shows from YouTube's biggest celebrities (Pewdiepie already has a deal about this from what I've heard), and save videos to watch later (which there is a better way of doing that already) I'll admit that I didn't really make it sound all that good in my first post, but still I don't think this really justifies the need for a subscription based thing

It's an interesting feature and for people trying to make a living off Youtube it'll probably be very beneficial for them with this they might actually get the money they worked for instead of loosing it because of people using ad block 

"YouTube Red lets you enjoy videos across all of YouTube without ads, while also letting you save videos to watch offline on your phone or tablet and play videos in the background, all for $9.99 a month. Your membership extends across devices and anywhere you sign into YouTube, including our recently launched Gaming app and a brand new YouTube Music app we’re announcing today that will be available soon."

God damn I remember when I could play videos in the background for free

Well, it's optional, meaning either live with ads or pay to get rid of them and gain other features. Although, with YouTube Red rolling out, I'm thinking they're gonna crack down on adblockers like crazy. For the most part, I'm against adblocker since you're taking money from people and I personally like to support my favorite content creators.

A lot of people fail to notice that this is very, very optional.

Personally, I'm not impressed nor am I interested. It's far too expensive and, really, seems pointless. Pay $9.99 or wait 30 seconds for the ad to finish or 5 to skip it. Simples.

It's not going to replace normal YouTube at all, so those who are making it out like it's the flipping Burning Legion need to chill out. You want to show that it's bad and/or you don't like it? Don't. Buy. It.

I think downloading videos used to be a part of the android Youtube app. I think it still is. Either way, that's the only feature I'd actually use, and seeing as I use a Windows tablet, I could just get one of those "youtube video downloaders" and do the same thing. Ads are not an issue for me, personally.

Those are my two cents.

I think that downloading videos should be a thing anyway, or at least something the uploader can set to allow or not.

Or obviously if a song gets flagged for copy right etc then it would automatically be disabled.

Same as playing videos in the background, I'm sure you used to be able to do that anyway and since that has been disabled for so long now I don't even know what I'd use it for anymore.

Really grinds my gears when companies offer you paid features that really should be free in the first place.

On the other hand, the rest of it sounds pretty fair.

I won't be paying for it out of principal that the features I mentioned earlier should be free anyway but otherwise it's not too bad and really it's not a lot of money anyway

Actually downloading videos to watch them offline sounds kind of niceBut for 9.99 a month? Not worth it. But at least it's not mandatory.j

just use the N1 convertor