Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Firaga

Anime | Manga "Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale"

Aniplex of America uploaded this to their YouTube channel not too long ago, confirming that there will be an upcoming anime film for Sword Art Online sometime in the future:

As it stands, the only information present for this film is, as the trailer says, that it will have a brand-new, original story written by the creator of SAO himself, Reki Kawihara. 

Given this description, I believe it may cover either events left out of the anime adaption or possibly legitimate brand new material created by the author around the same instances as either of the first two anime. I find that the most likely scenario might be coverage of the recent SAO spin-off "Progressive".

Edited by Firaga Sensei

It looks pretty cool ^^ Though I somehow totally missed the last movie......  :/

The "movie" Shulk is referring to is "Sword Art Online: Extra Edition", which if you've seen it, it's honestly less of a movie and more like a special episode of the first anime, hence why it's "extra".

If you haven't seen it, it's basically a mini-sode set after Fairy Dance including a compilation piece of the first anime, an extra adventure, and some hints to Phantom Bullet in between. Also, due to a scripting error, there's a lot of... ahem... assets being shown off by the female cast. Mostly in swimsuits.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I keep getting told that the show will get better, but I've yet to see any real improvement. I'll keep following this series, in hopes that it does get better, but I do wish it happens soon. Hopefully, since this is apparently a brand new story coming from the author, I'll get to see the improvement in writing. Cheers.

Okay first I read that Accel World is getting a brand new original anime series called Accel World: Infinite Burst, and Now I read that Sword Art Online is getting a movie adaptation! Awesome news of my life but where's my Sword Art Online season 3 and Accel World season 2(true sequel series).

Okay first I read that Accel World is getting a brand new original anime series called Accel World: Infinite Burst, and Now I read that Sword Art Online is getting a movie adaptation! Awesome news of my life but where's my Sword Art Online season 3 and Accel World season 2(true sequel series).

... Thank you so much for the Infinite Burst mention, I never heard about it until now. I've waited so long for them to continue Accel World, and even if it's not a season 2, I'm still really excited!

... Thank you so much for the Infinite Burst mention, I never heard about it until now. I've waited so long for them to continue Accel World, and even if it's not a season 2, I'm still really excited!

I love Accel World because it's different than the animes I watch; Haru is not the usual average tall nice looking protagonist like most animes, he's short, fat, and coward at first but after he installed Accel World he's now brave, confident, and very smart. And I also love the way that even guys like Haru can get the girl because Kuroyukihime loves Haru the way he is and loves him for him. I'm very excited about Infinite Burst, but yeah I want a real season 2 but it's better than nothing. The best news is that Reki Kawihara himself will write the anime's story so that's great.

Edited by Movies798

*bump*

(Somewhat) breaking news regarding the film. You can find the info here. Here's a rundown of the most important aspects:

* The official title is "Sword Art Online Movie: Ordinal Scale"

* It will release in Japanese theaters sometime in 2017.

* The plot of the film: 

AR (Augmented Reality) Type Information Terminal "Augma" is a next-generation, wearable multi-device that looks like a pair of small headphones. In terms of size and portability, it is far superior to the existing VR machine Amusphere. Augma doesn't have a full-dive function; however, its AR function is greatly enhanced to compensate for it. It can transmit visual, audio, and tactual sensation data to players while they are awake, thus enabling the users to enjoy fitness and health management like a game.

Ordinal Scale is an ARMMORPG that was designed exclusively for Augma. Following its release, it has become the most discussed game due to its advanced technology. In this game, players can raise their rank by collecting items that appear in various places in the real world and by defeating monsters. This "Ranking System" is the main feature of the game, and in this system, each player's status is determined by their rank which is indicated by an ordinal number instead of a cardinal number. As the result, high ranking players are given overwhelming power, and often rank has become a major factor in deciding the outcome of a PvP battle.

* An official trailer from AniplexUS:

I like the new designs for Kirito and Asuna. The plot sounds interesting too. I'm not into the whole AR craze, but it'd be cool to see how SAO tackles it since I'm not all that into VR, either, yet I like what the series did with that.

Just made a thread for that, Movies, please direct your conversation there.

Yea my fault, I was trying hard to look for the SAO forum, even tried googling it hah... Things slightly changed around since the last time I was more active on here. 

Yea my fault, I was trying hard to look for the SAO forum, even tried googling it hah... Things slightly changed around since the last time I was more active on here. 

That quote wasn't directed towards you, I made that ages ago. xD See below.

Okay first I read that Accel World is getting a brand new original anime series movie called Accel World: Infinite Burst--

Just made a thread for that, Movies, please direct your conversation there.

Still, no worries about making another thread. It happens.