Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
sora473

KHBbS what is your favorite command style?

I love all of their elemental based ones, except WHY DIDN'T THEY EVER GIVE AQUA A WATER BASED COMMAND STYLE!!?? ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS MAKE WATER SPELLS, IT'S NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK!! AND IF NOT EVEN THAT, JUST ACTIVATE IT THROUGH ICE SPELLS OR SOMETHING! IT JUST AIN'T FAIR FOR THE POOR LADY TO BE LEFT OUT ON THE NAMESAKE ELEMENTAL GAME LIKE THAT!!! *Phew! Sorry, slipped into rant mode for a second there. But yeah, clearly I would have been all for a water based command style for Aqua (would have called it "Wavecrasher" or something like that), and I also would have made a new kind of command style for her that was based primarily on status effects like poison, ignite, bind, etc (like "Curse Dealer" or something along those lines). Those two could easily replace her Sky Climber and Blade Charge abilities, making her's and everyone else's gameplay more distinct from each other, that way Blade Charge would have been Terra exclusive and Sky Climber could have been Ventus exclusive. That's how I would have liked to have seen things done. It really miffs me how there's a real lack of water-based spells in the series, despite the fact that we have two water-elementals (Aqua and Demyx), a water-based status effect (Drain), and even Water-type damage in Dream Drop Distance, and yet there is no literal "WATER" spell like most Final Fantasy games have. The closest we get are two sleights in Re:CoM and the Water spells in the Flick Rush minigame. At the very least they gave Riku a Water based command style that seemed to replace the Diamond Dust mode and threw in the "surfing" method of Sky Climber, I just feel that it should have been given to Aqua as well. I really hope KH3 can bring the Water spells into the mix so that we can see anyone who's got anything to do with any element can actually use those spells in gameplay (Riku/Terra with Quake & Meteor spells, Sora/Ventus with Aero & Tornado spells, Kairi/Aqua with Water/Tsunami or whatever spells, Lea with Fire spells, etc.) or at the very least Sora gets to use all of those elements.

......I'm sorry what were we talking about again?

OH RIGHT! Actual existing command styles! Yeah, I think I would go for Wingblade as my top style, mostly because it's an all out Light mode for Ven. I also dig Terra's Dark Impulse for a similar reason, it's fun to play with both Light and Darkness. The Ghost Drive is pretty fun to use too, I kind of feel like it represents a capstone of Aqua's mastery as a mage. All of those final styles are pretty bad ass. I also tend to prefer the styles that feel more unique to the characters. Like Terra having Critical Impact --> Rockbreaker --> Blade Charge --> Dark Impulse, Ventus having Fever Pitch --> Cyclone --> Sky Climber --> Bladecharge, and Aqua having Spell Weaver -->...Blade Charge AGAIN -->......Sky Climber AGAIN --> Ghost Drive (again, unique ones like Water and Status Effect based ones would have been far more fitting for her). I feel they help show the evolution of the characters through the story.

Sorry for getting sidetracked there.

I have to say that my most favorite Command Styles are Wing Blade, Rhythm Mixer, Blade Charge, Ghost Drive, Rock Breaker and Spellweaver!  I pretty much love all the Command Styles, but those six stand as my most favorites!  Especially Rhythm Mixer!  Gotta love taking out baddies to the beat of the Keyblade! :P