Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

Sony Annonces Price Cut For PS4 In NA

Sony announced their price cut for the PlayStation 4 of $349.99 in the US, which will go into effect tomorrow, October 9th. This is a $50 drop from the previous price of $399.99, which has been its price since late 2013.

The price will also be dropped in Canada, going from $449.99 CAD to $429.99 CAD. Here’s a quote from SCEA president and SEO Shawn Lauden regarding the price cut:

“Our goal at PlayStation has always been to offer the best place to play at a compelling value to gamers,” said Shawn Layden, president and CEO of SCEA. “We’re continuing to deliver on that commitment with this new price for PS4, making the console even more accessible to a broader audience this holiday. With highly anticipated games like Call of Duty: Black Ops III and Star Wars Battlefront launching soon and blockbuster exclusives like Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End on the horizon, there has never been a better time to join the PS4 community.”

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/08/sony-announced-a-price-cut-on-playstation-4-to-349-99-in-north-america/

Edited by Tails

The price is still pretty ridiculous here in Canada even after this cut, but I'll take what I can get I guess. I can't wait till the day our dollar stops being absolutely terrible. 

Yeah the money system in Canada really is suckish. I can't believe that they only cut the PS4 down to only $20.00. They should at least match the NA price cut.

And the price-dropping commences!! We all know what that means: Ladies and Gentlemen, the PS5 is in the works.

Companies like Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft begin work on their next console shortly after the current one is released. This probably isn't a sign, they're just trying to sell more units before the holiday season with a new price cut is all. The Wii U got a price cut a year or two ago, but we've still got quite a bit of time before they show their next console. Edited by Shulk

Companies like Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft begin work on their next console shortly after the current one is released. This probably isn't a sign, they're just trying to sell more units before the holiday season with a new price cut is all. The Wii U got a price cut a year or two ago, but we've still got quite a bit of time before they show their next console.

Hmm... I see. Either way, this is great news! Nothing like an affordable console for the holidays. ^^

Still, a PS5 would be so insane...like, how far can Sony go?? lol

Hmm... I see. Either way, this is great news! Nothing like an affordable console for the holidays. ^^

Still, a PS5 would be so insane...like, how far can Sony go?? lol

A PS5 is very possible actually. I just don't expect Sony to reveal or even talk about it for a very long time. I honestly don't want them to move on to another console so soon like Nintendo is doing with the NX even though the Wii U is pretty much a next gen console (or at least to me, anyway). Which in my opinion, by th way, they should give the Wii U more time before just moving on to next gen. I get that they are behind with technology but still, it feels a little too early to announce a new console so soon. They are pulling a SEGA at this point.

Edited by Tails

A PS5 is very possible actually. I just don't expect Sony to reveal or even talk about it for a very long time. I honestly don't want them to move on to another console so soon like Nintendo is doing with the NX even though the Wii U is pretty much a next gen console (or at least to me, anyway). Which in my opinion, by th way, they should give the Wii U more time before just moving on to next gen. I get that they are behind with technology but still, it feels a little too early to announce a new console so soon. They are pulling a SEGA at this point.

Oh wow, talk about completely re-inventing your platform! If that's really what the final design for the NX will look like, then I'm both amused and kinda surprised. It almost looks like a DVD player. o.o Anyway, hopefully they won't do that...The PS4 is doing so well on it's own, that I doubt they'd move on so quickly. Maybe another year or two at least.

Oh wow, talk about completely re-inventing your platform! If that's really what the final design for the NX will look like, then I'm both amused and kinda surprised. It almost looks like a DVD player. o.o Anyway, hopefully they won't do that...The PS4 is doing so well on it's own, that I doubt they'd move on so quickly. Maybe another year or two at least.

Yeah I don't expect Sony to reveal the PS5 until maybe two or three years from now. As for the NX, we don't know what it will look like yet. But I do hope it will look really good and hoping that Nintendo stops with all this touch screen and motion controls stuff. I want to go back to just using a regular controller.

Yeah I don't expect Sony to reveal the PS5 until maybe two or three years from now. As for the NX, we don't know what it will look like yet. But I do hope it will look really good and hoping that Nintendo stops with all this touch screen and motion controls stuff. I want to go back to just using a regular controller.

So this design is just speculation?

Posted Image

Huh, I thought it strayed a little too far from Nintendo's usual design...You're right about that touch screen stuff though, we want controllers not Tablets, lol.

So this design is just speculation?

Posted Image

Huh, I thought it strayed a little too far from Nintendo's usual design...You're right about that touch screen stuff though, we want controllers not Tablets, lol.

Yup. That's definitely speculation. But that picture is something completely fanmade lol.

Yup. That's definitely speculation. But that picture is something completely fanmade lol.

Ahaha! Welp, so much for that. xD Whatever they do choose however, they should stick with white. It's so chic, and clean.

The thing is, cutting the price is an option for Sony, unlike Microsoft who had to cut the price if they wanted to compete.  It will be fun to see what console sells more this holiday season now that they are on an equal pricing field.