Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Why the KH Story isn't that dark.

What I see that KH is missing is it's seriousnes from KH1 and 358/2 days (and BBS sometimes), it's become a joke and it's getting worse. I don't think that the series needs people dying (although, I think that Eraqus not dying is plain stupid, and obviously, the Organization members can't die, so many people would stop playing the games if Axel and other Organization members were gone for good), but stop that silly personality that was given to Sora from KH2 onwards, he used to be clever in KH1 you know?

Ironically, I always criticise KH2 and other relatively recent titles, while those are my favourite xD.

Edited by Xamtehwt Trece

What I see that KH is missing is it's seriousnes from KH1 and 358/2 days (and BBS sometimes), it's become a joke and it's getting worse. I don't think that the series needs people dying (although, I think that Eraqus not dying is plain stupid, and obviously, the Organization members can't die, so many people would stop playing the games if Axel and other Organization members were gone for good), but stop that silly personality that was given to Sora from KH2 onwards, he used to be clever in KH1 you know?

Ironically, I always criticise KH2 and other relatively recent titles, while those are my favourite xD.

I agree for the most part. The seriousness of KH1 and days is missing in newer Kingdom Hearts games, probably because they wanted to make it more child friendly. But I think that people should die in KH3, mostly the enemies, but also one of the good ones. It would show that they're not playing a game with big keys but it's actually a Keyblade War. People die in wars, on both sides, you can't save everyone.

As for Sora's personality, I think he had none in KH1, and KH2 just gave him one. And I like him the way he is, but it would be good if he was more serious in KH3, and not THAT stupid sometimes.

But no, Kingdom Hearts is not dark, in no way. A game with Dolan and Gooby can't be dark xD 

I agree for the most part. The seriousness of KH1 and days is missing in newer Kingdom Hearts games, probably because they wanted to make it more child friendly. But I think that people should die in KH3, mostly the enemies, but also one of the good ones. It would show that they're not playing a game with big keys but it's actually a Keyblade War. People die in wars, on both sides, you can't save everyone.

As for Sora's personality, I think he had none in KH1, and KH2 just gave him one. And I like him the way he is, but it would be good if he was more serious in KH3, and not THAT stupid sometimes.

But no, Kingdom Hearts is not dark, in no way. A game with Dolan and Gooby can't be dark xD

One Piece Marineford spoilers:

You're using Marineford as an example of that aren't you? xD. People die on both sides (like in Marineford) and you can't save everyone (like Ace) xD.

One Piece Marineford spoilers:

You're using Marineford as an example of that aren't you? xD. People die on both sides (like in Marineford) and you can't save everyone (like Ace) xD.

Actually no xD I was using Alabasta as an example. Luffy said to Vivi that you can't save everyone.

But Marineford is even better, really good :D

And One Piece is the same as Kingdom Hearts in that matter: barely anyone dies there, and that's annoying sometimes.

Actually no xD I was using Alabasta as an example. Luffy said to Vivi that you can't save everyone.

But Marineford is even better, really good :D

And One Piece is the same as Kingdom Hearts in that matter: barely anyone dies there, and that's annoying sometimes.

Well, but people actually do die sometimes, normaly characters that don't have anything to do with the plot. Now that I think about it, in KH a lot of people have actually died (or rather turned into heartless) after Xehanort's experiments.

Well, but people actually do die sometimes, normaly characters that don't have anything to do with the plot. Now that I think about it, in KH a lot of people have actually died (or rather turned into heartless) after Xehanort's experiments.

True, but I want at least one main character to die, someone you know the name of.

For example a FF character, that would be perfect: They don't have much to do with the plot, but you know them and they're friends of Sora and co.

This way Sora would realize how serious the situation is.

But to be honest, I doubt anyone will die in KH3, I mean all the main people who "died" will return, like Xion, Roxas and probably Eraqus.

Of course it's not dark! I mean how can a series where people be burned alive with the snap of someone's fingers, lose their hearts, fall into comas that are basically death for them, get frozen and nearly shattered, become suicidal[im talking to you Ven], have their memories erased, have their body stolen against their will, stab themselves, get an arrogant and Jerkass personality out of wanting to save a girl, actually commit suicide by kamikaze attack[Kablam Axel], and have a main antagonist who wants to start a freaking WAR just to see what happens POSSIBLY be dark?! :D

True, but I want at least one main character to die, someone you know the name of.

For example a FF character, that would be perfect: They don't have much to do with the plot, but you know them and they're friends of Sora and co.

This way Sora would realize how serious the situation is.

But to be honest, I doubt anyone will die in KH3, I mean all the main people who "died" will return, like Xion, Roxas and probably Eraqus.

Yes, I know they will. Probably no one will die, but possibly Mickey or someone like that will nearly die, but in the end he will be alive.

I honestly think I would find it even funny if a FF character were to die, like "you don't do anything important in the plot but die, that's all, your only purpose in the game was to die" xD.

By the way, another thing I have to say about the whole KH series is that the FF characters were only important in KH1 (and sort of important in KH2, but I think they weren't).

Yes, I know they will. Probably no one will die, but possibly Mickey or someone like that will nearly die, but in the end he will be alive.

I honestly think I would find it even funny if a FF character were to die, like "you don't do anything important in the plot but die, that's all, your only purpose in the game was to die" xD.

By the way, another thing I have to say about the whole KH series is that the FF characters were only important in KH1 (and sort of important in KH2, but I think they weren't).

Yeah, but they will never kill a Disney character, at least not when he didn't die in the movies. But this could work, that Mickey nearly dies, but will be alive in the end.

They were so useless in KH2, it's quite a shame. I hope they will be more important in KH3, and I really hope they will fight in the final battle, together with Disney characters, that would be my dream for KH3!

Of course it's not dark! I mean how can a series where people be burned alive with the snap of someone's fingers, lose their hearts, fall into comas that are basically death for them, get frozen and nearly shattered, become suicidal[im talking to you Ven], have their memories erased, have their body stolen against their will, stab themselves, get an arrogant and Jerkass personality out of wanting to save a girl, actually commit suicide by kamikaze attack[Kablam Axel], and have a main antagonist who wants to start a freaking WAR just to see what happens POSSIBLY be dark?! :D

I got two words for ya

Over exaggeration!

Fall into comas that are basically death? That is not in anyway 'death' because your heart is still around. You are literally just asleep. What's so dark about sleeping?

Get frozen? That happened to 1 person and he broke out after about 10 minutes, no one has ever become suicidal, you literally just made that up. If you are going to use

'Terra, Aqua, just put an end to me' as evidence, definitely not. He asks them to kill him, he doesn't contemplate doing it himself. Have their memories erased? That power only belongs to namine, who did it because she was forced, otherwise she would never do that, and Sora got his memories back anyway, so it's not that bad. The next point you made is just silly, 'get an arrogant and jackass personality just to save a girl'.

In what universe is that dark? Someone becoming arrogant is considered dark and twisted is it? I hope that statement was a joke.

Axel did grow a heart, so I can't say he was a nobody at the time. I'll give you that one.

Bruh, nearly every antagonist in every entertainment form starts a war in some shape or form. It's really not that evil. That isn't his reasoning either, his reasoning is to re-create the worlds with equal amounts of light and darkness. Xehanort doesn't want to start a war just to see what happens. You're talking nonsense.

I think some people consider it "dark" because they don't expect it. They don't expect to be so invested with the characters. They don't expect this intertwined story. I agree that it's not dark at all compared to the grand scheme of things, but I can see why people consider that the game has dark aspects.

For example, the scene where Axel "kills" Vexen. That game was pretty dark with all of Marluxia's schemes.