Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

It's time for that "which Kingdom Hearts game is superior thread."

In this topic, I'll compare both games by bit by bit to see what game is better in a score chart.  (Respect people opinions)
Let's start with plot to the gameplay. Shall we start?

1)Plot

While both games have great and confusing plots, KH1 wins this round for it's simple yet complicated story. Why? Because there was much more passion and originality put into KH1. We got a story of a boy who was chosen to wield the keyblade to save worlds from utter destruction of the heartless. (and he teams up with famous Disney characters btw) KH2 almost do the same thing, but with nobodies & organisation 13 added in the mix, it's a major cluster**** throughout the story. 1+ goes to KH1.

2)Gummiship

While KH1gummiship missions were ok, KH2 gummiship missions were much more better in gameplay. For example, the Gummiship building option. KH1 gummiship creator was hassle for many players. Why waste munny on making a bigger gummie ship when you can use instant transportation? In the second title, the blueprint system works much better and your more likely to make better upgraded gummie ships. Also, the pointlessness of purchasing gummie parts is fixed since the reward system is for improving your ship is put inside the use of the ship. It gives a reason to actually re-travel through the gummi ship level just to complete it for the better reward on higher difficulties. Plus, there's actually bosses (Or just unavoidable enemies?) to fight in the gummi levels. The lanes between travel paths also had more interesting designs in the KH2. As in the first title would have a collage of hoops and a few giant colored blocks. In KH2, you have planets of scenery sometimes, amazing asteroid belts, ghost vortexes, and you can even battle some of the enemies from a side view option from your ship in the second game. 1+ for KH2.

3)Keyblades

While KH2 have a ton of keyblades, most were useless and badly made. Looks at rumbling rose
KH1 on the other hand, had keyblade that provided some use and look pretty great. I mean, just look at the trace that Diamond Dust leaves. Just beautiful. 1+ for KH1.

4)Coliseum & Journal

Coliseum tournaments in the first game were interesting and even fitted a small storyline before the extra tournaments appeared which added structure and depth into the game. You needed to use your lock-on a lot more often than just hacking away and obliterating everything. KH2 tournaments weren't that good or even praised. The tournaments mostly don't allow the use a specific attack or just don't get hit this numbers of time. (Example: You can't use forms or have party members.) It's Recoded datascape challenges all over again. Even worse, they removed the tournaments in the coliseum in favor of the underworld tournaments. btw about the journal, 
the Syntheses list in KH2 is so easy that its ridiculous. The game presents almost no challenge at all (unlike the first) besides filling out Jiminy's Journal which was so frustrating and time consuming. 1+ for KH1

5)Worlds

1+ for both games. Both had huge worlds that can be accessed fully. (Although you can swim in KH1 and skateboard in KH2........)

6)Gameplay 

Most people would choose KH2 gameplay. But in reality, KH1 has better gameplay. Why? You can't constantly spam the X and triangle in KH1. You'll need to dodge, block, attack at the right time. It's takes precision and right timing. You can't waste all your MP and expect it to refill. It doesn't happen in KH1. You need to use resources at the critical moment. That's what makes KH1 so challenging and fun. You can't spam or cheat through the game. However with KH2, it's a different story. There's no challenge expect level one walkthroughs. Most enemies can be defeated by spaming X or triangle. (The data battles and Lingering Will are a joke when spammed by Sora attacks.) Or defeated in the cheapest way possible: Forms. While Forms seem cool, they are freaking OP. You are unstoppable when using forms. Nothing can get in your way or get out. Wanna defeated a extremely difficult boss in one minute? Use a form! 100% likely chance that you will not die and make the fight look like child-play. 1+ for KH1

Now, time to check the score:
KH1: 5
KH2: 2
Looks like KH1 is better than KH2 in almost ever way.
(Expect gummi missions.) (But of course, you can have different opinions. If you think KH2 is better than KH1, then I accept your opinion.)

Next time I'll compare BBS and DDD to see which title is better.

That's cool man. I respect your opinion of why you like Kingdom Hearts 1 better. To me Kingdom Hearts 2 is the better game than Kingdom Hearts 1. I still love Kingdom Hearts 1 but the game felt so slow for me, but the story got interesting until I visit Merlin's house and saw Riku again with Maleficent. The gameplay was definitely simple and was okay but it can be boring most of time until I reach Hallow Bastion and End of the World because those worlds was a challenge for me. And the Gummi Ship was meh in KH1. Kingdom Hearts 2 was a lot of fun for me because the gameplay was very fast pace and Sora's moves were a lot better than in KH1. The triangle reaction button was very fun and I love using a lot especially against the sniper nobodies, the villains in KH2 were a lot of fun to battle them and it was great. The story in KH2 was very driven after Roxas's short story and things really started to put up. The keyblades in KH2 were a lot better because the keyblades were a lot stronger and powerful than the keyblades from KH1, the designs were great because it match the worlds we visit. Even in Drive forms you're still not unstoppable because you can still get killed while you're in Drive forms. The only times I will use the drive forms is when I'm in great danger if Donald is not going heal me and when I need to obtain High Jump, Quick Run, Glide, and whatever the special move the master form has. I love both KH1 and KH2 but KH2 is better in my opinion.

I really liked KH1, but for some reason, I prefare KH2. I think it's because Sora has got cooler combos and skills, but it's mainly because the Organization is in KH2.

However, I love KH1, it's hard (unlike Final Mix), it's got a great storyline, great characters who really follow the story (like the Disney bosses were actually in control of the heartless until the darkness reached their hearts, and in KH2 that's one of the Organization's roles and that made the KH2 Disney bosses less important), it's more serious than all the other KH games and Sora is actually smart, unlike the Sora from other KH titles (especially DDD).

Overall, I should prefare KH1, but for some reason I just enjoy more playing KH2.

And if I had to choose between DDD and BBS, I think I would choose DDD (but only because of the difficulty), but I'm not sure.

Edited by Xamtehwt Trece

Well, yes I can agree with you on the coliseum and plot, KH2 is simply totally superior in both keyblades and gameplay. No more hella slow 3 hit combos and sounds that make you think Sora is moaning but awesome flashy constant combos with many branches and options. The battles now actually require strategy and just feel so much more better, funner and fast! In KH1, all you had was your basic commands and 2 summons....now you got reaction commands and DRIVES(emphasis on DRIVE). So much more uselful and even out of combat, the new abilities just make the game feel a lot more better.

Actually KH2 had the better keyblades overall. The keyblade abilities allowed for several strats that speedrunners and lvl1 players use IE Final form Firaga Vexen, Wisdom demyx, Reaction boost xaldin, air combo plus xigbar etc etc. KH1 keyblades were literally just stat boosts and pretty much no reason to use the weaker ones once you obtained the stronger ones. 

What he said.

Yeah it's cool that you like KH1 and stuff, it's a good game but I just think that most people think that KH2 is better

I'll come from a slightly different angle.

1. Story- Gotta go with 1 here. 2 had some epic moments, but 1 is consistently good throughout, and I like the simpleness (I swear if someone says simple and clean)

+1 KH1

2. Gameplay- Going to have to disagree with you here. 2's gameplay is what makes kh2, kh2. It is the main reason people still play this game, and is considered the most well rounded, best combat to date.

+1 KH2

3.Worlds(explorability and design) - This really could be 2 different categories, but I'll combine them. And KH1 dominates them both. The simple little puzzles, and extras in KH1s world add a little flavor that you just don't see in 2. There's also just a lot more of an open feel, and platforming.

+1 KH1

4. Presentation- Gotta go with the flashiness of KH2 here.

+1 KH2

5. Soundtrack- KH2 is also a winner here. Many epic, and chilling songs

+1 KH2

6. Boss Battles- This one is very debatable in my view. You have some really really good boss design in 2, but 1 has the more consistent, fun bosses throughout. Still I gotta go with 2 here, just because they are designed a bit better

+1 KH2

7. Characters- I'm going to go with 1 here, just because I really liked the character development in 1 a lot better, and feel the group of friends, and the overriding goal. It was kind of cliche, with the best friend going bad, and Kairi as the damsel, but it still put it's own twist on it, and added a lot of emotion for me. The disney characters also have interactions in 1 that 2 didn't. It seemed like 2 was just Sora, Kairi, Riku, and Roxas. Though Roxas almost saved this category because his development was well done.

+1 KH1

8. Extras- Another very debatable one. Kh2 has COR. This alone could stand an argument, then you also have data mushroom, the cup, Terra, and Sephiroth. I still prefer 2's extras, just because there is a bit of depth to them. You have trinities, you have puppies. Just little things that add some variety next to the epic boss battles.

+1 KH1

9. Final World- Both of these have very epic final worlds, but I'm going to go with 2, just because it is a big boss rush, and you really feel the epicness. Though 1 you also feel a sense of having to save the world and combined with the music, would also make it a viable choice.

+1 KH2

10. FF/Disney aspect - Considering it's a crossover, I think this is important. Kh1 did the disney aspect better, Kh2 did the FF aspect better, but overall Kh1 had the best mix.

+1 KH1

I think these games are very interesting to debate, and to me are the 2 best. I do prefer 1 over 2, just because of the overall magic. It was interesting to see how the results turned out, and I may have even skewed the results. I also think 1 and 2 are hard to debate because they both do different things very well, and a case for either game could be made.

As for BBS vs DDD, ewww.

I know I prefer KH2 over KH1 but I still recognize the things that KH1 does a bit better than KH2. The worlds in KH1 rewarded you for exploring and the combat also did require a bit of strategy, more so than KH2 at least. I think KH2's combat really shines in Critical mode and on a Level 1 Run because in those cases you actually need to think ahead. Also cutscenes in KH1 weren't as longwinded as they were in KH2. In KH1 the characters said what needed to be said and then moved on. Still, I enjoy both games but I just enjoy KH2 more than KH1. 

As for BBS or DDD....well i'll say BBS because it's basically the lesser of two evils for me

Edited by Headphone Jack