Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weedanort

Image Most Animes Nowadays

Out of all three, DBS is the only one with really bad animation, since the other two are just faces at a far angle, while DBS is just...well...

Unless that DBS picture came up in one of the most recent episodes, it's a fake. DBS' animation is almost the same quality as Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, which is really good.

Unless that DBS picture came up in one of the most recent episodes, it's a fake. DBS' animation is almost the same quality as Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, which is really good.

The last one is obviously a fake xD

Althought the first DBS one is true

Episode 3. Goku fighting Beerus, lots of weird animation errors Also, I think Vegeta had TWO LEFT HANDS in one episodeEdit: Oh, you meant the second one Edited by KeybladeLordSora

Episode 3. Goku fighting Beerus, lots of weird animation errors Also, I think Vegeta had TWO LEFT HANDS in one episode

Edit: Oh, you meant the second one

Whell dayum

I just found a video of Goku vs Beerus, and didn't see anything like that first picture at all. It all looked fine to me. :/ The giant Goku in the background of that last one is going to give me nightmares though whyy ;_;

I've never noticed any glaring animation errors so far. I think it's animated pretty well. I've seen much, much worse animation before...

Posted Image

Gooooood times...

I just found a video of Goku vs Beerus, and didn't see anything like that first picture at all. It all looked fine to me. :/ The giant Goku in the background of that last one is going to give me nightmares though whyy ;_;

I've never noticed any glaring animation errors so far. I think it's animated pretty well. I've seen much, much worse animation before...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

How high were they to create this mess? xD

ihadnothingtodowithit

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

How high were they to create this mess? xD

ihadnothingtodowithit

The one with Pain being pounded into the ground has always been my favorite. xD

It apparently wasn't the only time that Naruto's animators got high...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I want to find a gif of the moment when a ton of Naruto's Shadow Clones come out of the water, since that was one of my favorite poorly animated scenes. I can't seem to find that one, though.

*COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*

There are so many reasons why stuff like this happens. Read these and do research before assuming things, please.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/japans-animation-industry-isnt-just-tough-its-illegally-harsh-110074.html

http://wannabeanimator.tumblr.com/post/126390364895/skhaan-i-saw-this-on-twitter-and-i-think-its

When these errors occur they normally don't annoy me too much. I find them pretty funny. The Naruto ones are simply GOLD.

Yeah... ^^ This sucks...  :(

Episode 3. Goku fighting Beerus, lots of weird animation errors Also, I think Vegeta had TWO LEFT HANDS in one episode

It's Episode 5, not 3.

And regardless, it's kind of a dick move to judge animation solely on nitpicking frames. Faraway shots are never animated that well. They don't need to be, they're faraway shots.

Same goes for One Piece, that's why I'm reading the manga  xD

One Piece one isn't bad (although it has it's bad moments), but the main thing of it is that they don't add effects, they just draw in the manga pictures; that's not bad, but they didn't put as much effort as they should.

One Piece one isn't bad (although it has it's bad moments), but the main thing of it is that they don't add effects, they just draw in the manga pictures; that's not bad, but they didn't put as much effort as they should.

It's not that bad, you're right, but compared to the episodes before the time skip the animation is worse now. Especially the faces look a bit weird sometimes, don't know why that is so. I still love One Piece, of course.

It's not that bad, you're right, but compared to the episodes before the time skip the animation is worse now. Especially the faces look a bit weird sometimes, don't know why that is so. I still love One Piece, of course.

Very true, before the Time Skip, the animation (and the entire anime) was better; I say the entire anime because now that's catching up with the manga, they had to slow down and it takes for ever to see interesting things happening (this is really visible when you see that Arlong Arc has 15 episodes and then the Fisherman Arc has over 50).

Edited by Xamtehwt Trece

Very true, before the Time Skip, the animation (and the entire anime) was better; I say the entire anime because now that's catching up with the manga, they had to slow down and it takes for ever to see interesting things happening (this is really visible when you see that Arlong Arc has 15 episodes and then the Fisherman Arc has over 50).

You're right, it's annoying when they slow the anime down, because it is too close to the manga. The thing that annoys me is that the last 100 episodes all have fillers, which aren't in the manga, that's what slows the anime down. In the past they made all 100 episodes a filler arc, now they put fillers in the episodes, and I don't like that. That's why I love reading the manga, no fillers, no bad animation, and it's about 30 episodes farther than the anime.

^ Okay, I don't want to step on any toes, but that's bullshit.

I'm watching the anime through Toonami and right now, I'm in the middle of the Post-Water 7 Arc where I know it's gonna take at least 15 episodes just to get to the next island. It doesn't help that the Enies Lobby Arc before it already felt overstuffed near the middle, especially with the flashback episodes that re-used animation from previous arcs.

This entire series has pacing problems. Yes, I understand that it can benefit from that because it provides for good characterization, storytelling, and world-building and yadda yadda yadda, but you can't tell me that it doesn't get annoying from time to time. Especially in the anime where TOEI has only been adapting one chapter at a time plus filler and padding, and that's been a thing since the first episode.

^ Okay, I don't want to step on any toes, but that's bullshit.

I'm watching the anime through Toonami and right now, I'm in the middle of the Post-Water 7 Arc where I know it's gonna take at least 15 episodes just to get to the next island. It doesn't help that the Enies Lobby Arc before it already felt overstuffed near the middle, especially with the flashback episodes that re-used animation from previous arcs.

This entire series has pacing problems. Yes, I understand that it can benefit from that because it provides for good characterization, storytelling, and world-building and yadda yadda yadda, but you can't tell me that it doesn't get annoying from time to time. Especially in the anime where TOEI has only been adapting one chapter at a time plus filler and padding, and that's been a thing since the first episode.

Ok, I don't know if you're watching One Piece for the first time or re-watching it, so I try not to make any spoilers.

Of course, compared to other animes the pacing in One Piece is slow, not in every arc, but in most of them (or else it wouldn't have over 700 episodes now and is far from finished). But like you said, it can benefit from that, because it makes a good characterization and story building possible, something that other animes lack, and that's a reason why I love One Piece so much, so I don't think it has a pacing problem (but you're right, sometimes it annoys me).

My point was, that after the Time-Skip the pacing is worse, but not because the pacing in general has changed, it's actually the same as always, but because almost every episode has fillers, which slow the anime down. So instead of making filler arcs they put the fillers in the episodes, and I don't like that.

And no, the episodes before the time-skip didn't have that much fillers, trust me.

Edited by Felixx

Ok, I don't know if you're watching One Piece for the first time or re-watching it, so I try not to make any spoilers.

Of course, compared to other animes the pacing in One Piece is slow, not in every arc, but in most of them (or else it wouldn't have over 700 episodes now and is far from finished). But like you said, it can benefit from that, because it makes a good characterization and story building possible, something that other animes lack, and that's a reason why I love One Piece so much, so I don't think it has a pacing problem (but you're right, sometimes it annoys me).

My point was, that after the Time-Skip the pacing is worse, but not because the pacing in general has changed, it's actually the same as always, but because almost every episode has fillers, which slow the anime down. So instead of making filler arcs they put the fillers in the episodes, and I don't like that.

And no, the episodes before the time-skip didn't have that much fillers, trust me.

Look, I'm not caught up to Post Time-Skip, but what I've heard, I'm in for an agonizing time, because apparently the Enies Lobby Arc (and I can believe it) is the real point in time where the anime pacing gets out of whack. It doesn't help that I know that after the Post-Enies Lobby Arc nonsense is done, I'm gonna be thrown into a filler arc about ice pirates or whatever the f*ck it is.

And you know what, it does have a pacing problem. The anime, I mean. It's one thing that TOEI has to follow the already hit-or-miss pacing of the manga, but it gets worse when you factor in the one-chapter-per-episode deal. And on top of that, the filler just makes it even more worse. Now, I'm not one to bash filler, in fact I come to its defense most of the time, but in a series like this where things are already taking too long to get to the point, adding in extra material to pad out time just seems ludicrous. I don't even care how good it is, it's just not necessary. Especially when they do crap like adapting the chapter cover stories like Helmeppo and Coby or the Mini-Buggy adventure. Not that I didn't enjoy those, but I actually did watch them, but in hindsight, it would have been better to leave them out.

Look, I'm not caught up to Post Time-Skip, but what I've heard, I'm in for an agonizing time, because apparently the Enies Lobby Arc (and I can believe it) is the real point in time where the anime pacing gets out of whack. It doesn't help that I know that after the Post-Enies Lobby Arc nonsense is done, I'm gonna be thrown into a filler arc about ice pirates or whatever the f*ck it is.

And you know what, it does have a pacing problem. The anime, I mean. It's one thing that TOEI has to follow the already hit-or-miss pacing of the manga, but it gets worse when you factor in the one-chapter-per-episode deal. And on top of that, the filler just makes it even more worse. Now, I'm not one to bash filler, in fact I come to its defense most of the time, but in a series like this where things are already taking too long to get to the point, adding in extra material to pad out time just seems ludicrous. I don't even care how good it is, it's just not necessary. Especially when they do crap like adapting the chapter cover stories like Helmeppo and Coby or the Mini-Buggy adventure. Not that I didn't enjoy those, but I actually did watch them, but in hindsight, it would have been better to leave them out.

When you talk about the Enies Lobby arc, are you including the Water Seven part? Because the Enies Lobby part alone had a good pacing in my opinion (it's my favorite arc), though those flashbacks really weren't necessary (except for Robin's). And it's not true that at this point the pacing gets out of whack; yes the Icehunter arc is crap (like I said I hate almost all fillers), but the last 4 arcs Pre Time-Skip, starting with Sabaody Archipel, all have a really good pacing, probably because they're leading to the biggest thing that happened in One Piece.

But I agree with you on the second part. The thing is TOEI has to do all of this, adding fillers, adapting only one chapter per episode and such, or the anime would catch up with the manga soon. I don't like it either, but they have to do that. It's just in the past we got filler arcs, and I could skip those, you know, and when they're finished I knew the true story continues without any further interruptions. Now every episode has little fillers and I can't avoid them, and I hate that, especially when most of those fillers are really bad. And the fact that the pacing of the manga has slowed down after the Time-Skip doesn't help here.

When you talk about the Enies Lobby arc, are you including the Water Seven part? Because the Enies Lobby part alone had a good pacing in my opinion (it's my favorite arc), though those flashbacks really weren't necessary (except for Robin's). And it's not true that at this point the pacing gets out of whack; yes the Icehunter arc is crap (like I said I hate almost all fillers), but the last 4 arcs Pre Time-Skip, starting with Sabaody Archipel, all have a really good pacing, probably because they're leading to the biggest thing that happened in One Piece.

But I agree with you on the second part. The thing is TOEI has to do all of this, adding fillers, adapting only one chapter per episode and such, or the anime would catch up with the manga soon. I don't like it either, but they have to do that. It's just in the past we got filler arcs, and I could skip those, you know, and when they're finished I knew the true story continues without any further interruptions. Now every episode has little fillers and I can't avoid them, and I hate that, especially when most of those fillers are really bad. And the fact that the pacing of the manga has slowed down after the Time-Skip doesn't help here.

No, I'm not including that. Although, considering how Water 7 segues directly into Enies Lobby, like how Jaya does for Skypeia, you might as well include them. But even then, no, the pacing was a pain in the ass. Or at least it was near the end, when you knew exactly how it was going to end 10 episodes in or so. I'm not discrediting what will come after up until the Time Skip either, at least not yet, but I'm just saying, if the problem is already prevalent where I am, I doubt it's going to be painless.

They really don't have to do what they're doing. I understand not wanting to catch up with the manga, but seriously, one chapter per episodeThat is ludicrous. It's also the same method that Studio Pierriot tried with Naruto Shippuden when it was first starting and that almost killed the anime. It wasn't until they started using 2 or 3 chapters that it really improved, and I think the same can be done for the One Piece anime. Heck, any method that limits the amount of padding that TOEI can throw into an episode would be much appreciated.