Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Godskeybladewarrior

Kingdom Hearts themed D&D session, 5e. Newbie looking for a group to do an online session tomorrow!

The title says it all, really. I've been interested in Dungeons nd Dragons for quite a while now but I've yet to get into it fully, as in actually play it. Lol. And I figured, that I love Kingdom Hearts and I felt like it would work well in a pre-Keyblade War Era for D&D because you can have so much creative freedom. I don't know if many of you on here play D&D online but hit me up if your interested. :D

Well, I got a starter kit a while back with a basic story and a way to create a basic level 1 character, but never got much further than that, since I could never find anyone to play with locally, my sis tried to, but didn't like it that much.

Yeah, same here. I haven't found any one close by. But there may be some at my colleges anime/video game club. Apparently they play tabletop too but idk. I'm browsing around roll20, checking out the group finder.

I think it'd be interesting if we could do a Kingdom Hearts D&D roleplay where we create characters, maybe have different Keyblade Wielder classes or some non-Keyblade classes, have someone be GM, and then use a dice roller app anytime one is needed.

I'd suggest you watch some videos from Dawnforgedcast on YouTube. He has some great videos for beginners. And as for leveling, its universal that at the end of a campaign that exp be rewarded. But I've seen some do homebrewed rules where exp is given after each fight, mirroring some RPG games.

Sounds good to me.

D&D KH? COUNT ME IN!!!

Lol. It's just an idea at the moment. I've never played D&D before and I thought KH is awesome, D&D is awesome. Wby not combine the two? And someone created a Keyblade Weilder class for the 3rd edition, which is awesome

Sounds good to me.Lol. It's just an idea at the moment. I've never played D&D before and I thought KH is awesome, D&D is awesome. Wby not combine the two? And someone created a Keyblade Weilder class for the 3rd edition, which is awesome

Me and a friend tried some homebrew setup a while ago. We got to the Station of Awakening [tutorial] as we worked out kinks in combat system and skills usage. Not too hard and fairly fun once we got the hang of it 8D

It could be. Just need to work out date,time, a DM/GM, and a way to fit the idea of keyblade wielders as a class without being OP since they're basically a Spellsword.

Maybe you could have three different types of wielders: Speed (Fast, and lots of Dexterity; Well-balanced at magic and attacks based around the keyblade), Power (Strong, lots of defensive skills; Uses attacks based around the keyblade, such as StrikeRaid, Blitz, and Zantetsuken), and Wisdom (Has many magic capabilities, mainly uses magic; Uses spells along with Elemental-Striking attacks such as FireStrike, Ice Volley, Thunder Surge)

You could base it on the Drive forms, excluding anti and final. One based more on strength and DPS with two Keyblades and no magic, one based on just magic with one Keyblade, one based on a balance using a little of both, and one focused on tanking with using limits.

Awesome, and we could split the magic users between attack, buffs, and heals. And we could have the various different Keyblades work only for certain classes and have the keychains be an equip item for the keyblades, boosting our stats and maybe giving special abilities.

Awesome, and we could split the magic users between attack, buffs, and heals. And we could have the various different Keyblades work only for certain classes and have the keychains be an equip item for the keyblades, boosting our stats and maybe giving special abilities.

I agree. Optionally they could boost certain elements of spells. For example the Bond of Flame could have fire, firaga, ect do more dmg.

And Photon Debugger boosts thunder based spells. We should make a separate thread where we can post enemies, keychains, items, spells, and abilities with stats and effects for the dungeon masters to go by for reference, like a compendium.