Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KHVision

Will KH3 Be the Final Game to have Returning Disney Worlds that Originated KH1?

As we know, KH3 will have mostly new worlds and we aren't completely sure about what the criteria is for how a world gets to come back. My question is, will worlds like Olympus and Agrabah that appeared in KH1 make their final appearance in KH3? I would include KH2 as subject matter here, but it has worlds that still have some story left to them, like Port Royal. If in fact the returning worlds include some that have been around since KH1, I hope it's for the last time as they have grown stale to me. Olympus Coliseum is the only one that I've enjoyed seeing a bunch, somewhat, but it seems to be ending with Mount Olympus and I hope that this is the case. I'd rather have Nomura finish off Agrabah before the next saga as well as others that have been milked like Wonderland and Neverland (despite them not showing up in KH2). Oh and I hope to god that they've listened to us and completely trashed Atlantica, but I only disliked the world for the controls (I have to admit, Under the Sea is a guilty pleasure, but I still don't want the world to come back.). And I know that KH1 didn't have a lot of worlds and that some have ended already (Halloween Town has no more established content, the rights for Tarzan were lost, and what more could they do with Pinocchio?) but they still find ways to over-use the worlds that they have. What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by KHVision

I think by KH3 they'll probably have squeezed every last droop out of them, and in the next installments they'll have so many more worlds to choose from and continue the stories of, so no I don't think that they'll return post-KH3

Yeah I agree here. Those worlds shouldn't reappear after Kingdom Hearts 3, we'll have seen enough of them then and there are plenty of new worlds, which make their debut in KH3, and can be continued in KH4. Kingdom Hearts should stay fresh and not use the same worlds over and over.

Not every world from KH1 will be used in KH3 of course. Such as Neverland or Monstro (I doubt these will return). Perhaps if we play as a new character in the new saga (Just because Sora is going to be the main protagonist does not mean we can't play as other characters) it would be cool to see them visit one of the old worlds. For example, if we visited a brand new area of Neverland with a new character Peter Pan could be like "Everyone who visits has one of those key shaped swords! My friend Sora had one! " Or something like that.

Agrabah, OC, Halloween Town, Atlantica and Monstro shouldn't return for the next saga. The new cast should have their own experiences and friends. But maybe 1 or 2 at the maximum KH1 worlds would be alright just for that KH1 nostalgia.

Edited by TheNinjasJoint

I believe that we will see more new worlds. Bob Iger makes it very clear that they want to embrace the new with Disney Animation. You can see its pretty clear in the Walt Disney Animation Studios. Remember Micheal Eisner used the 90's Disney films (plus Tron, Pirates and Lilo and Stitch) to maximize profit, and that was all the way up to '06. So that's why there wasn't much change in the world selection until BBS (that and since it was a prequel, made sense to use worlds of the princesses of heart)

Well, I'm pretty sure that a few of the original worlds present in Kingdom Hearts I will come back to Kingdom Hearts III, albeit differently!  And well, considering that this is the final chapter of the Xehanort Saga, I think it wise to end the character arcs of worlds such as Agrabah, so that way, we can get closure on those worlds as well, so that the future of the series can pave the way for new worlds!

I'm not saying that old worlds should be gone for good in the series, but I think that the next saga will have a lot more variety in worlds, and by the time KH4 rolls out, there will be plenty of Disney films to tap into for world material!  Heck, just look at KHIII!  In all these years, so many amazing movies have come out from the Animated Classics, and two of those, Tangled and Big Hero 6, are going to appear in KHIII!  So just think about that!

The future of the series is bright!  As for the Xehanort Saga, I am looking forward to every new and returning world! :D

Well, there are a considerable volume of Disney movies releasing at this time, so who knows. Worlds eventually run out of content so Square will need new worlds to use.

Square Enix: "Kingdom Hearts 4: Hercules is now central to the plot, because, we have no other way to milk the life out of the Hercules franchise".

Honestly, I want Square Enix to delve into Marvel and Lucasfilm properties by then. It'd be a new saga, and as a new saga, they can restart quite a lot of things.

So back to your topic, yes, yes they will be.

Hm... Wasn't it announced that most of KHIII Disney worlds will be new? If so, then I think some worlds from the first game should come back even after KHIII simply so that we get the chance to see them in high-poly count HD, 2010's/2020's graphics.