Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sugnax6

Did you know... Ventus is the cause for Sora's keyblade wielding?

If it weren't for the events of Birth by Sleep, Sora probably never would have been able to wield a Keyblade.

Ventus resides in a part of Sora's heart which gives Sora the ability to wield the Keyblade, as well as using the Drive forms and wielding two

Keyblades at the same time.

post-56905-0-85530300-1440677806_thumb.gif

Edited by Sugnax6

This is common knowledge that this so called fact is, bluntly, full of shit.

People on this site and YouTube have gone on record with calling out those who say "Ventus is the reason Sora can wield a Keyblade". Because it is wrong.

He provides the second Keyblade for Drive Forms, other than that, Sora is Ventus's place of residence.

So, I am afraid you are...how did Lex Luthor put it? WRONG!

*Ahem* Sorry.

Do you think that the new Keyblade shown in the KH3 trailers is Sora's "own" Keyblade in that he weilds the Light Realm Keyblade (the Kingdom Key), but we've never seen a "personal" Keyblade of sorts, or is it just another Keychain? This is drawing from the fact that King Mickey has his own Keyblade, the Star Seeker, and then weilds the Dark Realm Keyblade, the Kingdom Key D.If Ventus is woken up and his heart returned, do you think Sora will still be able to Dual Wield?Do you think Sora will dual wield this possible personal Keyblade along with the Kingdom Key?

I hate to disappoint anybody, since Ven is my bro, but these other guys are right. Sora gained the ability from a very specific source to wield ONE keyblade, and due to having another Keyblade wielder's heart inside of him, being Ven's, he gained a SECOND Keyblade, but technically it was Roxas who developed the ability and then returned to Sora with that power in KH2. Since Kairi in KH1's heart was not yet able to wield a keyblade, when her heart was inside Sora, he could still only wield one. But if somehow either Ventus, Kairi, or another's heart becomes inside Sora, then he can still use two keyblades, but if Roxas and Ventus awaken, then Sora will still be able to wield the Keyblade, just not TWO at once.

So, you're half-right. This is still a small mystery to me, but I know we'll get answers someday...

If it weren't for the events of Birth by Sleep, Sora probably never would have been able to wield a Keyblade.

Ventus resides in a part of Sora's heart which gives Sora the ability to wield the Keyblade, as well as using the Drive forms and wielding two

Keyblades at the same time.

Posted ImageKH2.5NewFeautres1.gif

Nope

Remember dual wielding in KH2?That';s because Sora used his keyblade and Ventus's

HE WAS DESTINED TO WIELD IT BUT HE GOT ONE TOO EARLY DUE TO VENTUS

I'm sick of the theories of:Well Sora lose the ability to wield the keyblade without Ventus's heart?NO

Sora can wield the Keyblade because he proved himself worthy enough. Remember that cutscene in Hollow Bastion where he says "My friends are my power and I'm theirs!"? That's when the Keyblade decided to stay with him. Ventus has nothing to do with this.

This thread is super embarrassing bc it wasn't fact checked. Sora wields bc it was his destiny and he was qualified to. Plus Ven wasn't even existing as a character back in KH1. 

KH1 Ultimania:

---Even though Riku was the rightful owner of the Keyblade, then why did Sora obtain the Keyblade in the beginning?Nomura: Even though I would like to keep that obscure, there is a scene in Destiny islands where Riku is being swallowed by darkness, a light appears, and Sora first obtains the keyblade. With the setting I created, the darkness that surrounds them is Riku’s heart’s darkness. At that moment, Sora enters the darkness, and the light he sees inside is Riku’s heart’s light. Sora, who was squirming in the darkness to save Riku, touched the light and temporarily obtained the Keyblade from Riku.---Does not the Keyblade itself choose its owner?Nomura: The Keyblade reacts to the rightful owner’s heart and appears to them. Even though it was definitely Riku who called the Keyblade towards him, the reason why Sora was able to weild it was because he also had the right qualities too.

Ven is the reason Sora dual wields. Not the reason he can wield in general. He wields his own and dual wields with Ven's.

Indeed, we don't want to give others the impression that we don't fact check . :/

Seriously: Fact checking. Details man, they are important.

Also, Lea once more with her infinite source of Nomura Quotes. X3

Edited by Flaming Lea

This thread is super embarrassing bc it wasn't fact checked. Sora wields bc it was his destiny and he was qualified to. Plus Ven wasn't even existing as a character back in KH1. 

KH1 Ultimania:

---Even though Riku was the rightful owner of the Keyblade, then why did Sora obtain the Keyblade in the beginning?Nomura: Even though I would like to keep that obscure, there is a scene in Destiny islands where Riku is being swallowed by darkness, a light appears, and Sora first obtains the keyblade. With the setting I created, the darkness that surrounds them is Riku’s heart’s darkness. At that moment, Sora enters the darkness, and the light he sees inside is Riku’s heart’s light. Sora, who was squirming in the darkness to save Riku, touched the light and temporarily obtained the Keyblade from Riku.---Does not the Keyblade itself choose its owner?Nomura: The Keyblade reacts to the rightful owner’s heart and appears to them. Even though it was definitely Riku who called the Keyblade towards him, the reason why Sora was able to weild it was because he also had the right qualities too.

Ven is the reason Sora dual wields. Not the reason he can wield in general. He wields his own and dual wields with Ven's.

This and so many other threads around the KH fandom gets repeated so many times

It's like saying Link can never wield the Master Sword cuz he's one triforce short

2 things. 1 none of the three (sora kairi riku) would have keyblades ventuses heart was the thnig that gave the power to use the keyblade. terra past on the power of the keyblade to riku when he did the keyblade thing to him. and when kairi grabed or toched aquas keyblade that gave her the power.

and 2. this topic is somthing to help people with under standing why the three can use keyblades.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Ven is Sora's reason for dual wielding, but Sora wielding the Keyblade in the first place was merely because Riku succumbed to the darkness, thus his Keyblade moving on to Sora, not corrupted by the darkness, instead.  Sora was never meant to wield the Keyblade.  He just happened to be at the right place at the right time! :3

Edit: Okay, seeing the posts above, I had to correct myself.  Sora was meant to wield the Keyblade because he had the right qualities to wield it, as Flaming Lea mentioned. :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

2 things. 1 none of the three (sora kairi riku) would have keyblades ventuses heart was the thnig that gave the power to use the keyblade. terra past on the power of the keyblade to riku when he did the keyblade thing to him. and when kairi grabed or toched aquas keyblade that gave her the power.and 2. this topic is somthing to help people with under standing why the three can use keyblades.

If you read the entire the thread you would see it's already been proven that Ventus is not the reason Soda can wield the Keyblade. The only ability Ventus grants Sora is the ability to dual wield. Chain of Memories is proof of this as Sora was using the Keyblade without Ven's heart as it was residing within Roxas.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Ven is Sora's reason for dual wielding, but Sora wielding the Keyblade in the first place was merely because Riku succumbed to the darkness, thus his Keyblade moving on to Sora, not corrupted by the darkness, instead.  Sora was never meant to wield the Keyblade.  He just happened to be at the right place at the right time! :3 Edit: Okay, seeing the posts above, I had to correct myself.  Sora was meant to wield the Keyblade because he had the right qualities to wield it, as Flaming Lea mentioned. :3

Sora was always destined to wield the Keyblade and when he reached within Riku's heart the Keyblade recognized those qualities within him and passed to Sora. Edited by RobbyRobRob the Wise