Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Do you think Yokai (BH6 Villain) will be in KH3?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Yokai will return for Kingdom Hearts 3?

• Yes: He's too badass and iconic in Big Hero 6 so he needs to be back
    • No: His mask was destroyed and his vengeance is over

Interesting, what makes you think he may be Yokai again? I have an idea, what if Callaghans emotion turned into an Unversed? his negatives emotions for being jailed and hatred for Krei manifested into a Yokai Unversed and it had an entirely separate will from Callaghan. If Baymax was consumed by heartless then it is not entirely out of the question.   That's the easy way to answer the question, it's an opinion post not a fact haha: you don't mind being a little bit more creative?  :wink:

Mysterious Figure suggested the kidnapping motive for Callaghan above. If someone, like Xehanort, kidnapped Abigail, I think he would do what ever it took to get her back, whether that is go after the kidnappers or bow to their demands for some extra mayhem. There might be a way for someone to convince him that becoming Yokai and fighting against Sora was a path to redemption, but that option doesn't seem as enticing to me.As for the Unversed idea, I'm sold. DDD seemed to indicate that we weren't done with Vanitas and what Callaghan was feeling was some pretty powerful negative emotions. Just so long as they don't change the character design much, maybe make the unversed emblem be part of the mask, I'm golden. A quick question: Should a Unversed Yokai boss be part of the main story, or a bonus boss you find?

That's the easy way to answer the question, it's an opinion post not a fact haha: you don't mind being a little bit more creative?  :wink:

Oh alright then. I think he will return, but he might reconcile with Hiro and the group now that his daughter has returned so he will be repentant.

The only way Yokai returning would make any conceivable amount of sense is if the Yokai mask was resurrected by the Heartless as another evil - we don't need Callaghan to be the bad guy again. He has been arrested and has no reason for anything nefarious.

Yokai, sure.

Callaghan as Yokai? No, it would ruin the end of BH6 in my opinion.

Mysterious Figure suggested the kidnapping motive for Callaghan above. If someone, like Xehanort, kidnapped Abigail, I think he would do what ever it took to get her back, whether that is go after the kidnappers or bow to their demands for some extra mayhem. There might be a way for someone to convince him that becoming Yokai and fighting against Sora was a path to redemption, but that option doesn't seem as enticing to me.As for the Unversed idea, I'm sold. DDD seemed to indicate that we weren't done with Vanitas and what Callaghan was feeling was some pretty powerful negative emotions. Just so long as they don't change the character design much, maybe make the unversed emblem be part of the mask, I'm golden.A quick question: Should a Unversed Yokai boss be part of the main story, or a bonus boss you find?

I have an idea, how about we hit two birds with one stone? What if, Xehanort kidnaps Abigail and Xehanort harnesses Callaghans darkness to revive the mask and turns it into an Unversed to ally with Xehanort. As far as the "Unversed Yokai" goes: he can be part of the primary storyline and have the Unversed emblem at the back of his jacket.  

The only way Yokai returning would make any conceivable amount of sense is if the Yokai mask was resurrected by the Heartless as another evil - we don't need Callaghan to be the bad guy again. He has been arrested and has no reason for anything nefarious.Yokai, sure.Callaghan as Yokai? No, it would ruin the end of BH6 in my opinion.

You have a completely justifiable point here. I just hope that this "possessed" mask is voiced by James Cromwell!

I have an idea, how about we hit two birds with one stone? What if, Xehanort kidnaps Abigail and Xehanort harnesses Callaghans darkness to revive the mask and turns it into an Unversed to ally with Xehanort. As far as the "Unversed Yokai" goes: he can be part of the primary storyline and have the Unversed emblem at the back of his jacket.    You have a completely justifiable point here. I just hope that this "possessed" mask is voiced by James Cromwell!

that could work. I also agree on Cromwell.

The only way Yokai returning would make any conceivable amount of sense is if the Yokai mask was resurrected by the Heartless as another evil - we don't need Callaghan to be the bad guy again. He has been arrested and has no reason for anything nefarious.Yokai, sure.Callaghan as Yokai? No, it would ruin the end of BH6 in my opinion.

Exactly, I remember at the Discussion of Big Hero 6 at the Academy Arts of Motion Pictures, Don Hall (Director) said that Callaghan was healed. But He was healed in a more painful way of that being that he might never see his daughter again.

that could work. I also agree on Cromwell.

James Cromwell is an under-rated actor who deserves more recognition for his work!

Bringing yokai back would be a waste and since it takes place after, it's best to not ruin his character by giving him some weird reason to come back

Let's change things a little, why don't we revive Yokai's mask and have it be its own entity rather than having Robert Callaghan wear it again.

Exactly, I remember at the Discussion of Big Hero 6 at the Academy Arts of Motion Pictures, Don Hall (Director) said that Callaghan was healed. But He was healed in a more painful way of that being that he might never see his daughter again.

That's a good point, they also stated that Robert Callaghan never seen himself as a villain either. So I wonder, how will the reformed Callaghan be translated in Kingdom Hearts 3? Will he be entirely trusted for what he inadvertently did to Tadashi and countless other innocents? will he still be doing his sentence? or will he be a character like Riku who struggles to balance their light and darkness? I never realized how much potential that this has opened!