Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Do you think Yokai (BH6 Villain) will be in KH3?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Yokai will return for Kingdom Hearts 3?

• Yes: He's too badass and iconic in Big Hero 6 so he needs to be back
    • No: His mask was destroyed and his vengeance is over

Not only did we get confirmation of Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts 3, but, we've also got confirmation that the events are going to occur after the original narration of Big Hero 6! This makes me ponder... will this guy return to be battled against in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Posted Image

I'm honestly REALLY unsure whether or not he should come back. Personally, I don't know what he can do next (cause he ended up in prison at the end of the movie) but I don't mind if he returns. I don't see why not.

It'd be fantastic to fight him though. I'd really like that

He is voiced by the legendary James Cromwell. Did you know that Professor Callaghan was in the military which is why he was skilled in combat despite his age.

Actually, I don't think he'll come back because it happens after the movie. With his daughter back safely he has no motivation to continue his criminal activity.

Actually, here's a little bit of Big Hero 6 lore that might interest you. Abigail Callaghan was known as a champion bot fighter. Bot fighting is an illegal activity in San Fransokyo (as it is a representation of blood fighting), thus, it can be assumed that his daughter has connections to the criminal botfighting organisation. Long story short, I wouldn't be surprised if Abigail break her father out of prison so that they both scheme together for a new antagonistic purpose.

I'm honestly REALLY unsure whether or not he should come back. Personally, I don't know what he can do next (cause he ended up in prison at the end of the movie) but I don't mind if he returns. I don't see why not.

The original character designer for Big Hero 6 stated that Robert Callaghan was part of the military before he became a professor at San Fransokyo. Even as a professor, he invented his own laws of robotics and was powerful enough to mass produce and use the microbots as weapons. I suppose if he returns, he can have militant intentions that are antagonistic by nature. Alternatively, a collaboration either by Maleficent or Xehanort may not be out of the question for an intelligent villain like Robert Callaghan.

He is voiced by the legendary James Cromwell. Did you know that Professor Callaghan was in the military which is why he was skilled in combat despite his age.  Actually, here's a little bit of Big Hero 6 lore that might interest you. Abigail Callaghan was known as a champion bot fighter. Bot fighting is an illegal activity in San Fransokyo (as it is a representation of blood fighting), thus, it can be assumed that his daughter has connections to the criminal botfighting organisation. Long story short, I wouldn't be surprised if Abigail break her father out of prison so that they both scheme together for a new antagonistic purpose.  The original character designer for Big Hero 6 stated that Robert Callaghan was part of the military before he became a professor at San Fransokyo. Even as a professor, he invented his own laws of robotics and was powerful enough to mass produce and use the microbots as weapons. I suppose if he returns, he can have militant intentions that are antagonistic by nature. Alternatively, a collaboration either by Maleficent or Xehanort may not be out of the question for an intelligent villain like Robert Callaghan.

That's actually very interesting. I need to watch BH6 again

He is voiced by the legendary James Cromwell. Did you know that Professor Callaghan was in the military which is why he was skilled in combat despite his age.Actually, here's a little bit of Big Hero 6 lore that might interest you. Abigail Callaghan was known as a champion bot fighter. Bot fighting is an illegal activity in San Fransokyo (as it is a representation of blood fighting), thus, it can be assumed that his daughter has connections to the criminal botfighting organisation. Long story short, I wouldn't be surprised if Abigail break her father out of prison so that they both scheme together for a new antagonistic purpose.The original character designer for Big Hero 6 stated that Robert Callaghan was part of the military before he became a professor at San Fransokyo. Even as a professor, he invented his own laws of robotics and was powerful enough to mass produce and use the microbots as weapons. I suppose if he returns, he can have militant intentions that are antagonistic by nature. Alternatively, a collaboration either by Maleficent or Xehanort may not be out of the question for an intelligent villain like Robert Callaghan.

I suppose it possible but doubtful, Disney's Big Hero 6 is quite different from the comics. But you know who I would like to see return? Yama, he was not happy about being scammed and that was never resolved in the film. Besides, since they're the ones that saved Abigail, wouldn't Calahan be on Hiro's and by extension Sora's side I'd he did return? Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Actually, I just watched the movie, and bot fighting isn't illegal, the money system in bot fighting is, as that is gambling. The actual bot fighting itself isn't illegal.

But back on topic, I think he wouldn't be the main boss if he did come back because Baymax is confirmed to be the boss, so I don't know if he would come back, plus he is in jail at the moment, but I wouldn't care if he came back, I just don't think the KH story in the world will require him.

Also, the daughter was just a bot champ, doesn't make her a super villain. I mean I play Smash Bros, which is a toy fighting game, does that make me the worst person in the world who is the most evil thing alive? No, I didn't think so, so she can be a champ but still be a good person.

That's actually very interesting. I need to watch BH6 again

Unfortunately, some of the Big Hero 6 lore is just like Kingdom Hearts: it comes out of the interviews, specific documentations and press releases.

I suppose it possible but doubtful, Disney's Big Hero 6 is quite different from the comics. But you know who I would like to see return? Yama, he was not happy about being scammed and that was never resolved in the film. Besides, since they're the ones that saved Abigail, wouldn't Calahan be on Hiro's and by extension Sora's side I'd he did return?

There's really no point in mentioning the Marvel comic that Big Hero 6 was inspired by: that was nothing more than a niche Marvel failure that tried to capitalize upon an anime craze. As far as Mr. Yama goes, I'd love to see him back too. I follow the Tumblr for Mr. Yama's voice actor. He's a talented animator, concept art designer and was also the voice for Marshmallow in Frozen. He's currently working on Zootopia and Moana. There needs to be a reason why Mr. Yama is a threat though...

As far as Callaghan goes, remember how he didn't care about the fact that Tadashi tried to save Callaghan in the fire that he inadvertently started? All Callaghan said to Hiro when he found out about that was that "it was his mistake". That shows that Callaghan is selfish for his desires despite his desire being relatable on a personal level. Now that Callaghan's true colours are revealed, despite his daughter returning, I highly doubt that Callaghan would be friendly towards newcomers like Sora. Xehanort or Maleficent could easily motivate him to be more antagonistic again. Regardless, he's still bitter about what Allistar Krei tried to do to his daughter.

Actually, I just watched the movie, and bot fighting isn't illegal, the money system in bot fighting is, as that is gambling. The actual bot fighting itself isn't illegal.But back on topic, I think he wouldn't be the main boss if he did come back because Baymax is confirmed to be the boss, so I don't know if he would come back, plus he is in jail at the moment, but I wouldn't care if he came back, I just don't think the KH story in the world will require him.Also, the daughter was just a bot champ, doesn't make her a super villain. I mean I play Smash Bros, which is a toy fighting game, does that make me the worst person in the world who is the most evil thing alive? No, I didn't think so, so she can be a champ but still be a good person.

Yes, bot fighting as an activity is indeed illegal. Tadashi states that "You've got bot fighting again? Hiro, you know that's illegal!" Bot Fighting was a future representation of blood fighting. Blood fighting is when two people fight in a small circle until one is bleeded to death. It's in movies like D'Jango Unchained. The fact that gambling is also associated with is just another reason to make bot fighting immoral within the world of San Fransokyo.

As far as Abigail goes, we know absolutely nothing about her other than the fact that she was an employee at Krei Tech industries. What was her intentions of working there? Why would her dad initially let her go thorough with the experiment? she is literally a clean slate. We've already got 6 heroes, and seeing as all her associations are from antagonistic standpoints, I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a villain of sorts herself.

Unfortunately, some of the Big Hero 6 lore is just like Kingdom Hearts: it comes out of the interviews, specific documentations and press releases.   There's really no point in mentioning the Marvel comic that Big Hero 6 was inspired by: that was nothing more than a niche Marvel failure that tried to capitalize upon an anime craze. As far as Mr. Yama goes, I'd love to see him back too. I follow the Tumblr for Mr. Yama's voice actor. He's a talented animator, concept art designer and was also the voice for Marshmallow in Frozen. He's currently working on Zootopia and Moana. There needs to be a reason why Mr. Yama is a threat though... As far as Callaghan goes, remember how he didn't care about the fact that Tadashi tried to save Callaghan in the fire that he inadvertently started? All Callaghan said to Hiro when he found out about that was that "it was his mistake". That shows that Callaghan is selfish for his desires despite his desire being relatable on a personal level. Now that Callaghan's true colours are revealed, despite his daughter returning, I highly doubt that Callaghan would be friendly towards newcomers like Sora. Xehanort or Maleficent could easily motivate him to be more antagonistic again. Regardless, he's still bitter about what Allistar Krei tried to do to his daughter.   Yes, bot fighting as an activity is indeed illegal. Tadashi states that "You've got bot fighting again? Hiro, you know that's illegal!" Bot Fighting was a future representation of blood fighting. Blood fighting is when two people fight in a small circle until one is bleeded to death. It's in movies like D'Jango Unchained. The fact that gambling is also associated with is just another reason to make bot fighting immoral within the world of San Fransokyo. As far as Abigail goes, we know absolutely nothing about her other than the fact that she was an employee at Krei Tech industries. What was her intentions of working there? Why would her dad initially let her go thorough with the experiment? she is literally a clean slate. We've already got 6 heroes, and seeing as all her associations are from antagonistic standpoints, I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a villain of sorts herself.

One, Hiro then says that "Correction, Bot fighting isn't illegal. Now putting money on Bot fighting, now that's illegal." And if you don't believe me, watch that part of the movie again.Two, you are pretty much being *insert term for racist here* to her. Not everyone who has bad family members turn out to be evil, cause then I think we would all be evil in the world cause we all have someone bad in our family trees. So don't call someone evil unless you truly know what they are really like. I mean I could call you evil, and then you would protest how you are not, pretty much the same with that girl here!

Unfortunately, some of the Big Hero 6 lore is just like Kingdom Hearts: it comes out of the interviews, specific documentations and press releases.   There's really no point in mentioning the Marvel comic that Big Hero 6 was inspired by: that was nothing more than a niche Marvel failure that tried to capitalize upon an anime craze. As far as Mr. Yama goes, I'd love to see him back too. I follow the Tumblr for Mr. Yama's voice actor. He's a talented animator, concept art designer and was also the voice for Marshmallow in Frozen. He's currently working on Zootopia and Moana. There needs to be a reason why Mr. Yama is a threat though... As far as Callaghan goes, remember how he didn't care about the fact that Tadashi tried to save Callaghan in the fire that he inadvertently started? All Callaghan said to Hiro when he found out about that was that "it was his mistake". That shows that Callaghan is selfish for his desires despite his desire being relatable on a personal level. Now that Callaghan's true colours are revealed, despite his daughter returning, I highly doubt that Callaghan would be friendly towards newcomers like Sora. Xehanort or Maleficent could easily motivate him to be more antagonistic again. Regardless, he's still bitter about what Allistar Krei tried to do to his daughter.   Yes, bot fighting as an activity is indeed illegal. Tadashi states that "You've got bot fighting again? Hiro, you know that's illegal!" Bot Fighting was a future representation of blood fighting. Blood fighting is when two people fight in a small circle until one is bleeded to death. It's in movies like D'Jango Unchained. The fact that gambling is also associated with is just another reason to make bot fighting immoral within the world of San Fransokyo. As far as Abigail goes, we know absolutely nothing about her other than the fact that she was an employee at Krei Tech industries. What was her intentions of working there? Why would her dad initially let her go thorough with the experiment? she is literally a clean slate. We've already got 6 heroes, and seeing as all her associations are from antagonistic standpoints, I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a villain of sorts herself.

The point of bringing up the comic is because the comics are darker while Disney is more kid friendly where themes like redemption and making amends are more prevalent. Yes he didn't care about what happened to Tadashi, but that was all part of his obsession with getting revenge for Abigail's supposed death, an obsession which was nullified by her survival. At the end of the movie it's clear that her being safe is more important to him than revenge. He doesn't resistance the cops, he doesn't make any threats to Hiro, he just quietly accepts his fate.

Well...the reason he went villian is the loss of his daughter. I would even argue that Hiro was convincing him to let go of his plan before the final battle, but then Krei opened his big trap. With Abigail alive and probably well, I think the only thing that would motivate Callaghan is regret for the collateral damage he caused. If he were to return, I would rather him have a shot at redemption rather then a return to villian.

One, Hiro then says that "Correction, Bot fighting isn't illegal. Now putting money on Bot fighting, now that's illegal." And if you don't believe me, watch that part of the movie again.Two, you are pretty much being *insert term for racist here* to her. Not everyone who has bad family members turn out to be evil, cause then I think we would all be evil in the world cause we all have someone bad in our family trees. So don't call someone evil unless you truly know what they are really like. I mean I could call you evil, and then you would protest how you are not, pretty much the same with that girl here!

Don't put words in my mouth! it's one thing to have an opinion (one which I rightfully respect) but it's another thing to take what I say out of context. I was just trying to connect the dots with what the Big Hero 6 lore is providing. I never stated that "she is definitely evil". I just just speculated on her supposed role in Kingdom Hearts 3 (presuming she even appears in the game). At least care to elaborate why you think he wont be required for Kingdom Hearts 3 aside the evil Byamax?

The point of bringing up the comic is because the comics are darker while Disney is more kid friendly where themes like redemption and making amends are more prevalent. Yes he didn't care about what happened to Tadashi, but that was all part of his obsession with getting revenge for Abigail's supposed death, an obsession which was nullified by her survival. At the end of the movie it's clear that her being safe is more important to him than revenge. He doesn't resistance the cops, he doesn't make any threats to Hiro, he just quietly accepts his fate.

Again, the Marvel inspired Big Hero 6 comics have no relevance here. Anything by Marvel is practically darker than Disney's child-friendly adaptation of Big Hero 6. I suppose you do bring up a valid point. If that really is the case then it's a real missed opportunity. I'd love to have had a battle against masked Yokai!

Well...the reason he went villian is the loss of his daughter. I would even argue that Hiro was convincing him to let go of his plan before the final battle, but then Krei opened his big trap. With Abigail alive and probably well, I think the only thing that would motivate Callaghan is regret for the collateral damage he caused. If he were to return, I would rather him have a shot at redemption rather then a return to villian.

Okay? so how do you think he could be useful as an ally in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Don't put words in my mouth! it's one thing to have an opinion (one which I rightfully respect) but it's another thing to take what I say out of context. I was just trying to connect the dots with what the Big Hero 6 lore is providing. I never stated that "she is definitely evil". I just just speculated on her supposed role in Kingdom Hearts 3 (presuming she even appears in the game). At least care to elaborate why you think he wont be required for Kingdom Hearts 3 aside the evil Byamax?  Again, the Marvel inspired Big Hero 6 comics have no relevance here. Anything by Marvel is practically darker than Disney's child-friendly adaptation of Big Hero 6. I suppose you do bring up a valid point. If that really is the case then it's a real missed opportunity. I'd love to have had a battle against masked Yokai!  Okay? so how do you think he could be useful as an ally in Kingdom Hearts 3?

He's a skilled engineer and scientist, so could be useful to explain tech and create countermeasures for tech you have to destroy in story. Having him reveal a stash of microbots that Sora could take control of would be fun. Part of the fanboy in me would love him to suit up and aid Sora in a boss fight, but I'm not sure how well that would work.

He's a skilled engineer and scientist, so could be useful to explain tech and create countermeasures for tech you have to destroy in story. Having him reveal a stash of microbots that Sora could take control of would be fun. Part of the fanboy in me would love him to suit up and aid Sora in a boss fight, but I'm not sure how well that would work.

That... is surprisingly not a bad idea. A redeemed Professor Callaghan may be a good idea after all. I just think he's too iconic and mysterious of the character not to be involved in Kingdom Hearts 3 in some capacity.

Nah. They already made a good choice by having the world's story be a continuation of the movie's story so let's not undo that decision by having the movie's villain show up just cause. I think an evil Baymax with Nanobots is good enough.

A part of me completely agrees you as it provides fluid continuity, yet, another part of me is really angry that there is no opportunity for a Yokai boss battle!  :angry:

Man, I am really surprised at the amount of people who do not want Yokai to be back... I personally liked the villain.

I'd like him to be a villain in KH3. It would be a really cool boss battle, I guess, but I doubt it'll happen. His daughter was saved, he was put in prison (at least I think so, we haven't seen it actually, just that he got arrested). But if he will be a villain, I would love it!

I'd like him to be a villain in KH3. It would be a really cool boss battle, I guess, but I doubt it'll happen. His daughter was saved, he was put in prison (at least I think so, we haven't seen it actually, just that he got arrested). But if he will be a villain, I would love it!

Me too, I just hope that Disney and Square Enix find a justifiable reason to do so! He's too cool not to return!

Me too, I just hope that Disney and Square Enix find a justifiable reason to do so! He's too cool not to return!

Exactly. I mean we already have Dark Baymax as an enemy, but he's more like a monster (because he's a heartless), we also need a really clever villain, a human villain, if you know what I mean (for example in Deep Jungle we had the chameleon heartless and Clayton).But I guess we just have to wait and see.

Edited by Felixx

That... is surprisingly not a bad idea. A redeemed Professor Callaghan may be a good idea after all. I just think he's too iconic and mysterious of the character not to be involved in Kingdom Hearts 3 in some capacity.   A part of me completely agrees you as it provides fluid continuity, yet, another part of me is really angry that there is no opportunity for a Yokai boss battle!  :angry: Man, I am really surprised at the amount of people who do not want Yokai to be back... I personally liked the villain.

well...Yokai was mysterious and frightening. Not necessarily Callaghan. I'm not saying that Callaghan being the villian and his motives were clear and understandable. But, Yokai was at his scariest in his first few scenes where he didn't speak and felt like this unstoppable force.If there is a way to resurrect Yokai without Callaghan and do it well, I'd be all for that. Looking at some of the suggestion on this thread, there is some easy ways to explain why Callaghan would be Yokai again, though I would still like to see him have a shot at redemption.

well...Yokai was mysterious and frightening. Not necessarily Callaghan. I'm not saying that Callaghan being the villian and his motives were clear and understandable. But, Yokai was at his scariest in his first few scenes where he didn't speak and felt like this unstoppable force.If there is a way to resurrect Yokai without Callaghan and do it well, I'd be all for that. Looking at some of the suggestion on this thread, there is some easy ways to explain why Callaghan would be Yokai again, though I would still like to see him have a shot at redemption.

Interesting, what makes you think he may be Yokai again?

I have an idea, what if Callaghans emotion turned into an Unversed? his negatives emotions for being jailed and hatred for Krei manifested into a Yokai Unversed and it had an entirely separate will from Callaghan. If Baymax was consumed by heartless then it is not entirely out of the question.

I am not sure actually. If you put a not sure choice, I would choose that. I have no clue if he does return. We'll know once we see a trailer or when we play the game.

That's the easy way to answer the question, it's an opinion post not a fact haha: you don't mind being a little bit more creative?  :wink: