Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Frisk

KH13 Official Bot Research Thread

Bots are always random, they never usually have patterns on here. The best thing to do is report them and let the mods handle it, since it's their jobs after all. I don't think there is much you could do with info anyways as they can continue registering on the site as long as registrations are available to everyone.

Bots are always random, they never usually have patterns on here. The best thing to do is report them and let the mods handle it, since it's their jobs after all. I don't think there is much you could do with info anyways as they can continue registering on the site as long as registrations are available to everyone.

Excellent points, however because many share your thinking I intend to at least try and do what no one else will and study these bots as best I can

Actually, they kind of do have a pattern, often appearing in the Early Hours of the Morning or the Late Hours of Night. (BST: British Standard Time)

And they tend to be foreign, speaking Languages many here are unfamiliar with, rarely being English. Those who are English usually post Threads advertising some nonsense while the foreign ones stick to Statuses about their tripe.

Another thing to note is that the Early Morning in Britain Bots are often allowed to live for longer periods of time than most other Bots.

Actually, they kind of do have a pattern, often appearing in the Early Hours of the Morning or the Late Hours of Night. (BST: British Standard Time) And they tend to be foreign, speaking Languages many here are unfamiliar with, rarely being English. Those who are English usually post Threads advertising some nonsense while the foreign ones stick to Statuses about their tripe. Another thing to note is that the Early Morning in Britain Bots are often allowed to live for longer periods of time than most other Bots.

Excellent! This is what I'm talking about

Actually, they kind of do have a pattern, often appearing in the Early Hours of the Morning or the Late Hours of Night. (BST: British Standard Time)

And they tend to be foreign, speaking Languages many here are unfamiliar with, rarely being English. Those who are English usually post Threads advertising some nonsense while the foreign ones stick to Statuses about their tripe.

Another thing to note is that the Early Morning in Britain Bots are often allowed to live for longer periods of time than most other Bots.

Yes and what can you do with that information? Be prepared to "ban" them at a specific time? It still doesn't stop them from registering and getting in, which I think is the main point of this project. I mean, you can try but unless we come up with a different registration system so that bots can't get in, there's probably no way to really stop them dead on from coming here again.

The closest pattern I can think of is the fact they come every 6 days.Well, from what I'm seeing.

Only six but not seven, very interesting if they do take a day offBut I assume you're making a joke and saying they just appear constantly

Yes and what can you do with that information? Be prepared to "ban" them at a specific time? It still doesn't stop them from registering and getting in, which I think is the main point of this project. I mean, you can try but unless we come up with a different registration system so that bots can't get in, there's probably no way to really stop them dead on from coming here again.

All right, all right! *Holds up hands* Being a bit aggressive with the way you're putting it. :/ Sorry if I've misinterpreted.

I was merely making a note, is all. An interesting note, I might add. :)

Also, I'm not a Mod (yet) so I can't ban them, only report.

Being prepared at a specific time could be the first step, yesAs a scientist my curiosity is simply peaked and I wish to investigate them, with Moderator approval of courseI shall study the bots because I can, and as long as they continue to appear

Almost all bots register their age in the mid to late twenties and the early to mid thirties. Their usernames will almost always be nonsense, usually containing a number. In addition, it seems that most of the Bots that do the Russian status updates register their gender as female.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure if there's information that DC or someone wouldn't want me to say, but I figured all that is relatively harmless, and I thought it a little interesting, at least.

Being prepared at a specific time could be the first step, yes

As a scientist my curiosity is simply peaked and I wish to investigate them, with Moderator approval of course

I shall study the bots because I can, and as long as they continue to appear

All right, all right! *Holds up hands* Being a bit aggressive with the way you're putting it. :/ Sorry if I've misinterpreted.

I was merely making a note, is all. An interesting note, I might add. :)

Also, I'm not a Mod (yet) so I can't ban them, only report.

Yeah I don't mean to be aggressive or anything, just stating some potential flaws.

For catching them on specific times, it helps but they always have other ways to get in. Especially if bots can be random, they could change up their plans ( :ph34r:) and make things more complicated. My suggestion for now is to just report them and let the mods handle it. However, if you feel you wanna be more help and try stopping them, be my guest.

Not to mention that many of them speak in broken sentences, often have typos, usually include links behind said broken sentences, never have profile pictures (at least 90% of the time) And often have very "made up on the spot" usernames. SOME are a little more clever when it comes to titles, but the ones I've always seen here are pretty obvious. :P

Also, I can't help but feel it would get a little overwhelming for the mods if they have a party constantly informing them when they think a bot is near. Letting them know is good, but taking over their job could be a little much...

Edited by Caramel Covered Ansem

Yeah I don't mean to be aggressive or anything, just stating some potential flaws.

For catching them on specific times, it helps but they always have other ways to get in. Especially if bots can be random, they could change up their plans ( :ph34r:) and make things more complicated. My suggestion for now is to just report them and let the mods handle it. However, if you feel you wanna be more help and try stopping them, be my guest.

Make me a Mod and I'll destroy all of the bots.

Not to mention that many of them speak in broken sentences, often have typos, usually include links behind said broken sentences, never have profile pictures (at least 90% of the time) And often have very "made up on the spot" usernames. SOME are a little more clever when it comes to titles, but the ones I've always seen here are pretty obvious. :P

Also, I can't help but feel it would get a little overwhelming for the mods if they have a party constantly informing them when they think a bot is near. Letting them know is good, but taking over their job could be a little much...

Same as above. xP

Also, the first paragraph: Nice info. X3

It's not. It's just what I observed.

Thank you for the observation then!

Almost all bots register their age in the mid to late twenties and the early to mid thirties. Their usernames will almost always be nonsense, usually containing a number. In addition, it seems that most of the Bots that do the Russian status updates register their gender as female. Quite honestly, I'm not sure if there's information that DC or someone wouldn't want me to say, but I figured all that is relatively harmless, and I thought it a little interesting, at least.

Thank you very much, since Moderators delete bots the success of my research is entirely dependent on Moderator cooperation!

Make me a Mod and I'll destroy all of the bots.

Same as above. xP

Also, the first paragraph: Nice info. X3

You'll be one some day, dear. :)

Also, it's true. The explicit content bots are the worst spellers...I think they only come out very late at night, however.

Yeah I don't mean to be aggressive or anything, just stating some potential flaws. For catching them on specific times, it helps but they always have other ways to get in. Especially if bots can be random, they could change up their plans ( :ph34r:) and make things more complicated. My suggestion for now is to just report them and let the mods handle it. However, if you feel you wanna be more help and try stopping them, be my guest.

If the bots begin to actually adapt to my researching them that would be a most fascinating find, now I'm even more interested owo

Not to mention that many of them speak in broken sentences, often have typos, usually include links behind said broken sentences, never have profile pictures (at least 90% of the time) And often have very "made up on the spot" usernames. SOME are a little more clever when it comes to titles, but the ones I've always seen here are pretty obvious. :P  Also, I can't help but feel it would get a little overwhelming for the mods if they have a party constantly informing them when they think a bot is near. Letting them know is good, but taking over their job could be a little much...

I'm investigating out of curiosity, what the Moderators do or don't do with my information is entirely up to themI'm simply in it for science owo

Just one point of advice: At the bottom of the forums there is a list of members online and stuff, I'd make sure to check "Newest member" from time to time and check that person's profile and such, look into it and see if they seem like a bot and get to them before they can really do much.

Just one point of advice: At the bottom of the forums there is a list of members online and stuff, I'd make sure to check "Newest member" from time to time and check that person's profile and such, look into it and see if they seem like a bot and get to them before they can really do much.

An excellent idea

If the bots begin to actually adapt to my researching them that would be a most fascinating find, now I'm even more interested owoI'm investigating out of curiosity, what the Moderators do or don't do with my information is entirely up to themI'm simply in it for science owo

*Quells her inner desire to scream "SCIENCE!" Followed by a Vexen, or Tony Stark gif* xD

Ah!!! Interesting.....mind if I help? :3