Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Sora96

Dragon Quest XI announced for PS4, 3DS. NX version under consideration

Wait but the NX's official reveal won't be until 2016 at least

But hey that's actually awesome that they're releasing it both on Playstation and Nintendo systems......though why did they skip the Vita?

Wait but the NX's official reveal won't be until 2016 at least

But hey that's actually awesome that they're releasing it both on Playstation and Nintendo systems......though why did they skip the Vita?

The 3DS version is being designed as both a 3DS style game and a SNES style game.

The 3DS version is being designed as both a 3DS style game and a SNES style game.

So the 3DS version will have the option for 16-bit retro style?That's amazing ^_^

Hopefully a worldwide release would get announced later 

PS4 was an understandable choice, but I don't think anyone would have called a simultaneous release alongside a 3DS version. I'm very surprised that an NX version is under consideration too. Developers definitely know what Nintendo is up to in regards to the system that's for sure.

Edited by KHSoraKeyBlade

Having both 3DS and PS4 releases is literally the best way SE could go for this game. The 3DS version satisfies the Nintendo fanbase for the series that has grown with all of the DS/3DS titles and appeals to the nostalgia people have for the earlier games with the sprite mode, and the PS4 version satisfies the people who wanted a huge graphical leap for the franchise and a good console follow-up to DQ8. Both versions look awesome too. SE has been making all the right decisions lately

Edited by J. Severe

I just got into the series about a week ago (just finished I and working my way through IV). Not entirely sure which version I would get, although the design of the 3ds version is very stylish.

From what I've read, the NX version is definitely going to happen. Either way, I'll definitely get it on both PS4 and 3DS (assuming it's localized). Since I imagine the NX version will be released a while later since we still have a while until it's released, I have no clue if I'll get it on there or not. I was surprised that it's also going to be on the 3DS, but both versions look fantastic! Love the 16-bit version on the 3DS one.

So this will be a Traditional DQ game right? That's what I gathered but just wanted to make sure

Yeah, looks like it will from what we've seen. There's gameplay footage for the console and handheld version, and it looks like a typical main series game, which is a good thing.

If you have a ps2 i recommend 8 thats what got me into the series. If you have a ds 9 is also awesome!

IX is definitely a great one to go for. That was my first, and I'm happy with that decision. As for VIII, there's still a possibility that the 3DS version could be localized, so I'd say that it might be best for newcomers to wait and see if that one ever leaves Japan since it adds some new features.

From what I've read, the NX version is definitely going to happen. Either way, I'll definitely get it on both PS4 and 3DS (assuming it's localized). Since I imagine the NX version will be released a while later since we still have a while until it's released, I have no clue if I'll get it on there or not. I was surprised that it's also going to be on the 3DS, but both versions look fantastic! Love the 16-bit version on the 3DS one.  Yeah, looks like it will from what we've seen. There's gameplay footage for the console and handheld version, and it looks like a typical main series game, which is a good thing. IX is definitely a great one to go for. That was my first, and I'm happy with that decision. As for VIII, there's still a possibility that the 3DS version could be localized, so I'd say that it might be best for newcomers to wait and see if that one ever leaves Japan since it adds some new features.

we don't all see the future shulk xD

Is it me or does it look better than kh3.

If you mean in terms of visuals, it's probably just the different art style. I love Toriyama's general art style, so I'd definitely say the game looks really nice. KHIII's art style looks cool, too, so it's tough for me to say either way.

If you mean in terms of quality or how fun it is, I'm definitely in agreement. I love a good turn-based RPG, and Dragon Quest is one of the finest series in that regard. I really hope this one will be released in the West!