Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  

Disney Big Hero 6 Marvel Argument Solved

Do You Want Big Hero 6 For Kingdom Hearts 3?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want Big Hero 6 For Kingdom Hearts 3 As A World?

There's always been the argument as to whether the animated Big Hero 6 is Marvel. To most people, the animated version of Big Hero 6 may seem like Marvel because it's adapting a Marvel comic and Disney now owns Marvel, however, here are the key reason as to why Disney's version of Big Hero 6 is not a Marvel property.

1) There's no direct involvement by Marvel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Hero_6_(film)

If you click on this link then you will be directed to the official Big Hero 6 Wikipedia page. Look on the right of the Baymax poster and see where you can see the words "Marvel"? That's right, there is no "Marvel" present there. That's because Marvel was never directly involved with the movie in the first place. It was solely produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and is canon to the Disney Cinematic Universe.

2) It's not based in the Marvel Cinematic/Comic Universe

This is another prominent aspect that you should be aware of. The directors of the movie (Don Hall/Chris Williams) purposely made it so that it does not connect to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This was done in order to further emphasise that it is not a "Marvel" movie, but rather, a Marvel adaptation. Just like how Disney's The Little Mermaid is based off Hans Christians Andersen's Tale.

3) Hiro and Baymax's Disney Infinity Figures were part of the Disney collection and not the Marvel collection

This is the most subtle means of identifying the fact that Disney's Big Hero 6 is not a Marvel property, because, if Disney's Big Hero 6 was Marvel then it would been placed in the Marvel collection instead. It may not seem like much but it is a huge means of distinguishing. Did you know that Marvel decline creating a Marvel series for Disney's Big Hero 6 as there were disputes of the comics direction which resulted the company releasing the Baymax manga instead!

Now that I have cleared the fact Disney's Big Hero 6 is solely Disney's and not Marvel, do you want the world in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Honestly, when it comes down to it, Big Hero 6 would make for a perfect world for Kingdom Hearts III!  The story of the film has deep morals that fit in nicely within the KH Universe, and the characters are great, and I could totally imagine Sora and friends interacting with them!  Plus, we could get Baymax as a summon!  And really, since Roy Conli helped out with this movie, there's a very big chance we might actually get to see San Fransokyo as a world in Kingdom Hearts III!!!  I surely hope to see it! :D

Honestly, when it comes down to it, Big Hero 6 would make for a perfect world for Kingdom Hearts III!  The story of the film has deep morals that fit in nicely within the KH Universe, and the characters are great, and I could totally imagine Sora and friends interacting with them!  Plus, we could get Baymax as a summon!  And really, since Master Xehanort helped out with this movie, there's a very big chance we might actually get to see San Fransokyo as a world in Kingdom Hearts III!!!  I surely hope to see it! :D

Yep! Also, it's pretty nice that MX helped with the movie!

I can definitely see Big Hero 6 in the Kingdom Hearts series because the movie has no involvement with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the movie is all Disney, and it's an animated movie that will make Sora and the gang fit right in.

I can definitely see Big Hero 6 in the Kingdom Hearts series because the movie has no involvement with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the movie is all Disney, and it's an animated movie that will make Sora and the gang fit right in.

Imagine the battles against Yokai and Rogue Baymax? that would be amazing beyond words! And if Square Enix is kind enough, have Wasabi, Honey Lemon, GoGo Tomago and Fred guest characters in some capacity.

Imagine the battles against Yokai and Rogue Baymax? that would be amazing beyond words! And if Square Enix is kind enough, have Wasabi, Honey Lemon, GoGo Tomago and Fred guest characters in some capacity.

Oh that would be awesome. I would love to see the team fighting along side with Sora and the gang.

If there are side quest that deviate outside of the main plot then that would be another opportunity to use the other heroes!

big hero 6 IS in the comic universe, it's just not currently active.

No it isn't. It's part of the Disney Animated Canon and is not part of the Marvel Comic Universe. I've already given three major reasons as to why that's the case.

I'm sorry, but it is frustrating that I have explained on the front page as to why the Marvel comic of Big Hero 6 and Disney's Big Hero 6 are not connected to each other and yet you give me a response that I have already answered the opening topic! That's like Hans Christians Andersen's The Little Mermaid and Disney's The Little Mermaid are one and the same  :angry:

Even though I haven't watched the movie, I feel like a newer world like Big Hero 6 should be implemented 

You are missing out on so much by not watching the movie! Do yourself a favour and watch it: it's an emotional rollercoaster.

I would love it in KH3! It has a great story and when I saw the movie, I put on my KH nerd glasses and looked for the heart piece of the movie. Baymax saving Hero kind of shows him having grown a heart even though he is just a robot.; kind of like Pinocchio in KH3D.

I would love it in KH3! It has a great story and when I saw the movie, I put on my KH nerd glasses and looked for the heart piece of the movie. Baymax saving Hero kind of shows him having grown a heart even though he is just a robot.; kind of like Pinocchio in KH3D.

I can also see Young Xehanort taunting Sora in this world by saying that he'll fall into the depths of darkness just like Hiro did when he used Baymax to destroy Yokai.

Nowhere at all is there ever a mention of Marvel. However Stan Lee is Fred's dad. If you haven't already done so, make sure you watch after the credits of Big Hero 6 for a nice short clip. My girlfriend said it was Stan in Fred's house in a painting, and I didn't believe her in the theater but sure enough we got the DVD release and she was right. So yes, Stan has a cameo, but other than that I don't see any mention of Marvel or any ownership. At the beginning of the movie you simply get the same 'Disney logo-short' of Mickey from Steamboat Willie as you do in the other late CG disney movies (Frozen, Wreck-it Raplh, Tangled) I could be wrong but im 90% sure this is more Disney than Marvel if anything at all.

Nowhere at all is there ever a mention of Marvel. However Stan Lee is Fred's dad. If you haven't already done so, make sure you watch after the credits of Big Hero 6 for a nice short clip. My girlfriend said it was Stan in Fred's house in a painting, and I didn't believe her in the theater but sure enough we got the DVD release and she was right. So yes, Stan has a cameo, but other than that I don't see any mention of Marvel or any ownership. At the beginning of the movie you simply get the same 'Disney logo-short' of Mickey from Steamboat Willie as you do in the other late CG disney movies (Frozen, Wreck-it Raplh, Tangled) I could be wrong but im 90% sure this is more Disney than Marvel if anything at all.

Stan Lee also made a animated cameo in Phineas & Ferb: Mission Marvel.

It's just as Disney as the previous animated movies that they made. It just so happens to have its source material from Marvel comics rather than a fairytale or folklore. It's 100% Disney. Walt Disney Animation Studio owns 100% of the rights to the animated Big Hero 6.

As far as the Stan Lee cameo: that was made to respect the fact that the source material was Marvel in the first, and, to provide a secret ending for Marvel enthusiasts.

It's just as Disney as the previous animated movies that they made. It just so happens to have its source material from Marvel comics rather than a fairytale or folklore. It's 100% Disney. Walt Disney Animation Studio owns 100% of the rights to the animated Big Hero 6.

As far as the Stan Lee cameo: that was made to respect the fact that the source material was Marvel in the first, and, to provide a secret ending for Marvel enthusiasts.

What about the Marvel easter eggs in the film? San Fransokyo as a KH world could include Marvel references.

What about the Marvel easter eggs in the film? San Fransokyo as a KH world could include Marvel references.

That may be a possibility. I'd be more than happy to have Marvel and Star Wars easter eggs rather than have entire worlds and characters dedicated to them.