Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So does anybody wonder where YX and YE are?

We see them in a room but we don't know anything about the world. We can say that it is NOT Land of Departure. Why? Because the trailer shown at the launch event in 2014 shows Sora in a room, which is obviously the same room where Young Xehanort and Eraqus played chess. But we know that Land of Departure is currently Castle Oblivion at the time, where Sora enters the room. The place is called Cable Town.

So that means: Cable Town is a brand new world or it is really Daybreak Town, but not Land of Departure or Twilight Town or something. Or maybe not? What are Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus doing there? Is it where they come from?

AND IM 100% SURE THIS IS HOW THE GAME BEGINS: We see the cutscene with Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus playing chess. After that, we will immediately start with Sora going through Cable Town and discovering the room, where they played chess. No Kairi tutorial.

It must be our first world and maybe our last. What could Sora possibly do in Cable Town? What kind of task did Yen Sid give to him after the end of KH3D? Is Cable Town in a deep sleep?

Sorry if my English doesn't satisfy you.

Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus could very well still be in The Land of Departure if Cable Town is simply a part of it. Maybe CO is turned back into Land of Departure which grants access to Cable Town, which could maybe be a haven for all the rescued peeps like BBS trio and Days trio and also be the place Sora and co plan their onslaught against the 'Norts.

First of all, your English is just fine! :D

And well, on to the topic at hand, you are right in saying that the game will begin with Young Xehanort and Eraqus's conversation, since Nomura himself confirmed this. And as to where they are, I can only assume that it is the place where they met their Master, so I'm pretty sure the world they are in is a world that hasn't been introduced in the series before.  You are also certainly right about this world not being The Land Of Departure, since said land is a place where chosen Masters guard the balance of light and darkness.  It could very well be Cable Town.

But, as for what Sora's doing there, we can't assume anything just yet, since what Nomura showed in that exclusive event was probably just beta footage, which means Sora might not necessarily go there.  Remember in one of the Kingdom Hearts I trailers, where Sora was seen running around in Disney Castle?  Well, that was beta footage, and the world itself didn't end up being in the game.  But who knows? :)

Edited by The Transcendent Key

AND IM 100% SURE THIS IS HOW THE GAME BEGINS: We see the cutscene with Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus playing chess. After that, we will immediately start with Sora going through Cable Town and discovering the room, where they played chess. No Kairi tutorial.

that doesn't really seem like the direction they'd go at all

it's not exactly the kind of thing you start a game with, that's a mid to late game reveal, if anything.

Generally you establish things before you dive right into reveals. KH2 doesn't start with Roxas discovering Sora in the pod

that doesn't really seem like the direction they'd go at all

it's not exactly the kind of thing you start a game with, that's a mid to late game reveal, if anything.

Generally you establish things before you dive right into reveals. KH2 doesn't start with Roxas discovering Sora in the pod

But didn't Nomura say that the game would begin with Young Xehanort and Eraqus's conversation? :O

Cable Town could be LoD, or anything, really. There wasn't anything to pin it down that I saw. LoD is also CO, but Cable Town doesn't sound like it's part of LoD, unless "Cable" quite literally means the chains holding up parts of LoD in BBs?

Sora is with Kairi at Yen Sid's tower canonly, so the game might begin there, and move on to Cable Town, or who knows what else. 

But didn't Nomura say that the game would begin with Young Xehanort and Eraqus's conversation? :O

Yeah he did say this. Back when the dialogue was first shown at the end of the KH2.5 trailer from E3 2014. That scene is the opening of the game. He said this once again at E3 this year. He also mentioned that the scene is much longer than what was shown.

As everyone else said, the game will begin with the chess scene. However, if it is the first world we visit, it could still be in the LoD, but as a sleeping world, since last we saw of Sora, he had gone back to the sleeping Traverse Town to see the dream eaters. However, it's also been confirmed that the game will end in the Keyblade Graveyard, where the final battles will take place.

So does anybody wonder where YX and YE are?We see them in a room but we don't know anything about the world. We can say that it is NOT Land of Departure. Why? Because the trailer shown at the launch event in 2014 shows Sora in a room, which is obviously the same room where Young Xehanort and Eraqus played chess. But we know that Land of Departure is currently Castle Oblivion at the time, where Sora enters the room. The place is called Cable Town.So that means: Cable Town is a brand new world or it is really Daybreak Town, but not Land of Departure or Twilight Town or something. Or maybe not? What are Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus doing there? Is it where they come from?AND IM 100% SURE THIS IS HOW THE GAME BEGINS: We see the cutscene with Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus playing chess. After that, we will immediately start with Sora going through Cable Town and discovering the room, where they played chess. No Kairi tutorial.It must be our first world and maybe our last. What could Sora possibly do in Cable Town? What kind of task did Yen Sid give to him after the end of KH3D? Is Cable Town in a deep sleep?Sorry if my English doesn't satisfy you.

The footage of Young Eraqus and Young Xehanort was them in the distant past. The Land Of Departure may not have been the Land Of Departure at all, alternatively, Cable Town may have have just been a placeholder name.

yeah, I meant the bit where he says it'll start with Sora discovering the room and Kairi won't be a thing

Why else should the game start with the Young Eraqueez (sorry, lol) and Young Xehanort scene? It just fits with the fact, that Sora goes to Cable Town and discovers the room. Of course this doesn't mean anything concerning Kairi, but it makes no sense to let us play as Kairi first instead of Sora after this cutscene.It's not really a reveal, I mean Sora doesn't know who Eraqus and Xehanort are. I see no problem to start with the game this way.

But we know that Land of Departure is currently Castle Oblivion at the time, where Sora enters the room. The place is called Cable Town.

That is one of the things that I never really got.

During the beginning of CoM we see Sora and co walking around a wide meadow, meeting Marluxia and then being in front of CO. That would imply that both of these sences are in the same world, right? Which could mean that not the whole world was turned into CO but only the place around TVA's home or that place was shifted into another dimension, a bit like in Disney's castle.

Yeah he did say this. Back when the dialogue was first shown at the end of the KH2.5 trailer from E3 2014. That scene is the opening of the game. He said this once again at E3 this year. He also mentioned that the scene is much longer than what was shown.

Oooh, yes, I will definitely enjoy that scene deeply! :D