Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy VII Remake General Discussion

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fact Lightning is now a good chance to appear in VII Remake?

• Yes.
    • Will depend on how she is used.
    • No.

I'm sure a lot of people said that FF had always been a Nintendo series and should stay that way when VII was confirmed for PS. No point in preventing a wider audience from being able to play a game.

I mean, there USED to be a reason, back when the consoles were more unique and porting could actively harm development time. There's really no reason not to do XB1 and PS4 now

I'm sure a lot of people said that FF had always been a Nintendo series and should stay that way when VII was confirmed for PS. No point in preventing a wider audience from being able to play a game.

I mean, there USED to be a reason, back when the consoles were more unique and porting could actively harm development time. There's really no reason not to do XB1 and PS4 now

It's only gonna hold back what it could be due to the Xbox One being less powerful than PS4. Xbox will hold the graphics back. That much is fact.

It's only gonna hold back what it could be due to the Xbox One being less powerful than PS4. Xbox will hold the graphics back. That much is fact.

no, they'll be basically the same, if you want the best version get the PC version, but functionally the XB1 version will just like if you lowered the settings on a PC game

We are beyond the point of holding games back for hardware, they're not different for that to be required anymore

no, they'll be basically the same, if you want the best version get the PC version, but functionally the XB1 version will just like if you lowered the settings on a PC game

We are beyond the point of holding games back for hardware, they're not different for that to be required anymore

Xbox One has less graphical power than PS4. Square will have to keep multi-plat games within the boundaries of XB1, and therefore they won't look as pretty.

Xbox One has less graphical power than PS4. Square will have to keep multi-plat games within the boundaries of XB1, and therefore they won't look as pretty.

except that they make their games and THEN downscale them to fit on consoles. The Xbox version will look mildly worse (it'll probably run at a lower resolution, like 900p or something)

but it won't be anything significant, and it won't impact both versions

except that they make their games and THEN downscale them to fit on consoles. The Xbox version will look mildly worse (it'll probably run at a lower resolution, like 900p or something)

but it won't be anything significant, and it won't impact both versions

FFXV is very pretty, but there are PS4 exclusives that look better and there's a reason for that. 

FFXV is very pretty, but there are PS4 exclusives that look better and there's a reason for that. 

can you give an example?

because I just played Episode Duscae, and I was blown away by the attention to detail in the graphics

can you give an example?

because I just played Episode Duscae, and I was blown away by the attention to detail in the graphics

Well The Order: 1866 for one.

I'm not bashing the graphics, they are very good, but not as good as they could be.

Well The Order: 1866 for one.

I'm not bashing the graphics, they are very good, but not as good as they could be.

that's because The Order is linear and not very interactive

you might as well start complaining that Advent Children looks better

Ok this game coming to the Xbox One won't hurt the PS4 version in anyway hell this game will even come to the PC, and if Tetsuya Nomura and Square Enix are fine with putting it on the Xbox One then what is with all the hubbub let me tell anyone who thinks it will hold back the PS4 version 

THE PS4s GPU isn't  that much more powerful than the Xbox One GPU its more powerful, but not Sega Genesis to NES more power.

ITS LIKE THIS THEY CAN BOTH RUN THE EXACT SAME GRAPHICS, BUT THE PS4 WILL RUN IT AT A HIGHER RESOLUTION, AND FRAME RATE JUST LIKE A PC THAT IS MORE POWERFUL THAN A PC THAT IS WEAKER THEY WILL GET THE SAME GRAPHICS, BUT IT WON'T RUN AT THE SAME RESOLUTION OR FRAMERATE, also even if it was a PS4 exclusive its not like they won't be able to push the settings to what the PS4 can handle, both the Xbox One and PS4 are x86 and are easy to max out and port between the two all they have to do is litterally release the PS4 version then port the code from the PS4 version do small tweaks like turn down the resolution, change the button prompts, the whole making it usable for the Xbox One part is done by DX12.

You do know the FFXV is a open world game, That is not linear, THAT WILL NOT LOOK AS GOOD AS a sony exclusive regardless ok let me ask you this do you honestly think that if the game being a PlayStation 4 exclusive, consider this the game is being made on a high end PC made at its fullest then being ported to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, also this isn't the PS3 era of gaming where a game has to be exclusive to take full advantage of the hardware, they are both x86 and FFXV is maxing them out.

Square Enix knew what vision they wanted and it just so happened that the vision could work on the Xbox One and its obvious they don't care about parity because guess what THE XBOX ONE VERSION OF THE GAME RUNS AT sub-800p while the PS4 runs at 900p and has a better framerate. 

I think a PC port is inevitable, and I strongly think it will be on Xbox, but I don't think people should assume that just because it says "Coming First to PS4" automatically confirms Xbox One; all it really confirms is that there is a possibility of the game coming to other platforms.

Edited by Ven983

The haters would hate it like crazy, but it's dead obvious the Final Fantasy XIII team is making Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Firstly, despite what the haters would want, the XIII team is still intact and has not released any titles since Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Final Fantasy VII Remake is also the only announced title to not have its core team announced, and additionally the staff they did announce did work on the XIII series. It has also been confirmed FFVII Remake is being made by BD1 and began development shortly after Lightning Returns' release.

Past comments from key members of the XIII team including Motomu Toriyama (Director) and Yuji Abe (Game Design Director) have confirmed many staff from the XIII team are inside Yoshinori Kitase's division, BD1 which has only released one title (Mobius Final Fantasy) since Lightning Returns and Kitase has since confirmed the team and budget for the title was very low and the only notable XIII staff to work on it were Naoki Hamaguchi (Main Programmer) & Toshitaka Matsuda (Lead Art Designer).

Motomu Toriyama confirmed his next project would be announced in 2015, 2015 is almost over and a project produced by Yoshinori Kitase that Motomu Toriyama has wanted to work on for many years was announced. For more details on Toriyama working on VII Remake please click here.

It's dead obvious.

Edited by Sora96