Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

We've seen keyblades take on different gameplay bonuses in different KH games

KH2 had them grant special abilities, Days gave you different combos, and Re:Coded let you level up your keyblade to unlock abilities

Would you like to see any of these return? Or Maybe a new keyblade benefit? Do you think the abilities we've alreayd seen are tied to your keyblade?

Personally, I'd like keyblades to be able to level up like in Re:Coded. Maybe even take it a bit further and make keyblades a little customizable now

What about you?

The keyblade customization sounds great . 

I think it should go kinda like this : while you explore the world , you can search and pick up broken Keyblade parts to forge a new Keyblade or if you collect all the parts , maybe you can unlock a new ability on your current Keyblade. 

Something like the golden guns collection in Max Payne 3 :

Posted Image

The keyblade customization sounds great . 

I think it should go kinda like this : while you explore the world , you can search and pick up broken Keyblade parts to forge a new Keyblade or if you collect all the parts , maybe you can unlock a new ability on your current Keyblade. 

Something like the golden guns collection in Max Payne 3 :

Posted Image

hm, or what about "keyblade mods" that you can find and equip to a keyblade for a bonus? Maybe even do that thing they did in FF13 where having two specific abilities equipped synthesize a new, rare a bility?

I love the idea of customizable Keyblades- instead of abstract "Commands" from the previous three games that translate into complex moves, they could actually be physical aspects of your weapon that change depending on the combinations of different hilts, blades, keychains, etc., that you can craft or find in treasure chests. (Kind of like materia from FFVIII, only this would actually make sense.) Plus any form of character customization is always a welcome sight to me.

Not that I actually think they're going to go that route- it's too good, and the amount of different Keyblade designs would be staggeringly unfeasible to come up with. I'm realistically hoping for a combination of the Days and Re:Coded mechanics- different Keyblades have different combos and weight behind them along with different useful abilities so you actually have a decent choice of weapons instead of always equipping the one that happens to have the highest stats.

Maybe even do that thing they did in FF13 where having two specific abilities equipped synthesize a new, rare a bility?

Reminds me of the melding/synthesis commands thingy in BBS .

hm, or what about "keyblade mods" that you can find and equip to a keyblade for a bonus?

Now THIS would be awesome . Keyblade customization should not depend on buying stuff and adding them to your keyblade but searching for them in those enormous environments that SE is developing for us :

Posted Image

Edited by Nick Sideris

We've seen keyblades take on different gameplay bonuses in different KH games

KH2 had them grant special abilities, Days gave you different combos, and Re:Coded let you level up your keyblade to unlock abilities

Would you like to see any of these return? Or Maybe a new keyblade benefit? Do you think the abilities we've alreayd seen are tied to your keyblade?

Personally, I'd like keyblades to be able to level up like in Re:Coded. Maybe even take it a bit further and make keyblades a little customizable now

What about you?

Craftable Keychains with bonus abilities, combo bonus's like Re:Coded, and keyblade's changing combo styles as well would all be things I want. More variation, more options, more moves. 

I wouldn't want to equip a keyblade and get a different combo, that annoyed me in KHDays. I'd rather choose my combo from a list in the menu or something.

Leveling up your keyblade sounds interesting but I'd rather go with the boring KH2 style, with different keyblades comes a new ability.

About costumizing, I really like the idea of getting extra stuff to place on your keyblade that don't really add any special effects. But I wouldn't mind adding parts to make it even more powerful.

Yeah, keyblades should definitely have some sort of either customization or unique abilities. Leveling them up by fighting to increase the effectiveness of the abilities already installed alongside integrating new abilities into the keyblade with parts bought or found. I think combos are already unique to the keyblade itself though, due to the new keyblade transformation skills. Assuming that each keyblade has its own chain of transformation that each have their own combo, then that would be enough in terms of combo development for me.

Or even better: being able to change the weapon transformation associated with each keyblade. Like the transformation on one keyblade but the abilities you have on the other? Just switch the transformation into that one. I would think that should only apply to how many transformations you have acquired. If you haven't received the keyblade with the transformation you can't change the one you're using now into that transformation.