Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Forever

Kingdom Hearts III trailer analysis: Do the chess pieces represent the lights/darknesses?

I made a mistake, there's 16 chess pieces on either side, so 32 altogether. And there would also be 16 pawns altogether, but whether they included 32 chess pieces, Idk.And you made so much sense too!! Sorry to ruin your theory

let's see if I can make it work. Xehanort's pawns would be Heartless, Eraqus' well the closest the Lights have to pawns are Spirits. So the now that leaves the other pieces, 8 each, so 7 Guardians plus one But then Xehanort only has 8 of the 13 darknesses. Nope. Can't work.

let's see if I can make it work. Xehanort's pawns would be Heartless, Eraqus' well the closest the Lights have to pawns are Spirits. So the now that leaves the other pieces, 8 each, so 7 Guardians plus one But then Xehanort only has 8 of the 13 darknesses. Nope. Can't work.

Could some of the pawns for the light be the princesses, or Donald and goofy? There would be 8 powerful chess pieces, the 7 gol and kairi, so the pawns could be the 6 leftover princesses and Donald and goofy!6+2=8 7+1=8 8+8=16 Edited by 2quid

Could some of the pawns for the light be the princesses, or Donald and goofy? There would be 8 powerful chess pieces, the 7 gol and kairi, so the pawns could be the 6 leftover Gol and Donald and goofy!

I think some are supposed to be Donald and Goofy on the chessboard. Just hard to make out. 

Also, guys, I think the "sun" piece is supposed to be Isa, since his weapon has that kind of symbol on it

See? 

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/kingdomhearts/images/c/cf/Sa%C3%AFx_Action_Render_KHII.png/revision/latest?cb=20110807040817

Terra?If they want to go super-literal, given hat there are 32 pieces on a chess board, on each side, then Xehanort's pieces would represent the darknesses and Eraqus' would be the Guardians and the princesses. Now if we count the players themselves that gives us on each side. Hmm...

Hmm...If it is supposed to be a good guy gone bad, it's either Aqua or Naminé. They're the only ones who have good luck charms like Kairi right? 

Well Isamu is right, Terra also had a Wayfinder, but if his piece represents a Star, then he'll be back to his normal appearance? It just seems bizarre, is all.

Shouldn't this stay in the other thread or at least give Chocolate Covered Ansem credit for point it out to begin with.

It's all good! I just love reading everyone's ideas on this. :D

I think some are supposed to be Donald and Goofy on the chessboard. Just hard to make out. 

Also, guys, I think the "sun" piece is supposed to be Isa, since his weapon has that kind of symbol on it

See? 

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/kingdomhearts/images/c/cf/Sa%C3%AFx_Action_Render_KHII.png/revision/latest?cb=20110807040817

Pretty observant there :)

Also if they make Lea a darkness that will be so redundant and just ....ugh! I don't think he would willingly do so. 

Edited by Flaming Lea

Well Isamu is right, Terra also had a Wayfinder, but if his piece represents a Star, then he'll be back to his normal appearance? It just seems bizarre, is all.   It's all good! I just love reading everyone's ideas on this. :D

This makes sense actually, cos Terra is still xehanorts vessel

Guys, I also found something out from the trailer. It seems Olympus Coliseum is confirmed once again. Around 0:30 of the trailer, you can see Sora's keyblade is different. I am watching an HD version on the PS4 and it appears to be Zeus on the end holding a lightning bolt. Awesome keyblade I have to admit- I hope they have FF13 characters in OC this time :D

Well Isamu is right, Terra also had a Wayfinder, but if his piece represents a Star, then he'll be back to his normal appearance? It just seems bizarre, is all.

It's all good! I just love reading everyone's ideas on this. :D

I think Terra is represented by the golden chess piece that Eraqus has. I think it's meant to represent his comeback from Darkness, he's been taken by Eraqus because the good guys (light side) are going to save him from the dark side...Maybe I'm overthinking :/ The chess piece also looks like the TAV insignia but we can't really see it clearly...

post-39018-0-92094200-1434486954_thumb.png

Edited by PrinceNoctis

I think Terra is represented by the golden chess piece that Eraqus has. I think to represent his comeback from Darkness, he's been taken by Eraqus because the good guys (light side) are going to save him...Maybe I'm overthinking :/ The chess piece also looks like the TAV insignia but we can't really see it clearly...

That's the exact piece I was trying to make out! Good on yer! Eraqus also takes another piece of Xehanort's while Xehanort only gets one. ???

Guys, I also found something out from the trailer. It seems Olympus Coliseum is confirmed once again. Around 0:30 of the trailer, you can see Sora's keyblade is different. I am watching an HD version on the PS4 and it appears to be Zeus on the end holding a lightning bolt. Awesome keyblade I have to admit- I hope they have FF13 characters in OC this time :D

It looks like Mt. Olympus too me. Considering they are on a mountain and there are greek things. xD

Posted Image

Also the whole Rock Titan thing. 

It seems like the case Vanitas could be one of them.

I'm not sure on Isa being the sun piece.  Nothing on his weapon resembled a sun to me.  If the piece is a sun that is.

Edited by Ultimus Grid

I think Terra is represented by the golden chess piece that Eraqus has. I think it's meant to represent his comeback from Darkness, he's been taken by Eraqus because the good guys (light side) are going to save him from the dark side...Maybe I'm overthinking :/ The chess piece also looks like the TAV insignia but we can't really see it clearly...

That's the exact piece I was trying to make out! Good on yer! Eraqus also takes another piece of Xehanort's while Xehanort only gets one. ???

Sweeeeet catch! I didn't even notice that.....So there's hope for poor Terra after all- But 2quid is correct, Xehanort takes a couple.......I think that one of the current Lights may get taken for good, but who? Hmm...

Sweeeeet catch! I didn't even notice that.....So there's hope for poor Terra after all- But 2quid is correct, Xehanort takes a couple.......I think that one of the current Lights may get taken for good, but who? Hmm...

GUYS GUYS GUYS, the piece Xehanort takes at the beginning has the KH symbol on it!!

post-55933-0-78559700-1434488406_thumb.png

Edited by 2quid