Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Forever

Kingdom Hearts III trailer analysis: Do the chess pieces represent the lights/darknesses?

Those pieces definitely hold meaning. I think they represent the seven versus thirteen.Peace!

Yes, that's what Nomura said in a previous interview on KH3. I remember him saying that. Basically. What the cutscene entirely is, is a symbol. Eraqus and Xehanort are versing each other in a game of chess. Obviously, Eraqus is representing the "Light" side, and Xehanort represents the "Dark" side. This scene is also said to be one of the opening cutscenes, since its basically a foreshadowing of the final battle of the game. Sora and his friends, vs Xehanort and his allies. Thing is, while watching, it made us feel like Xehanort is going to get the upperhand on this one, possibly making this have the most darkest endings for KH yet. Saying this alone gives me the chills but ya, that's what it's supposed to represent.

If anyone has a picture of a the chess board, we could try and identify the pieces. There's 24 pieces on a chessboard, got it memorized?

YESS LET'S DO THAT! I also noticed the TAV insignia behind the chess piece with Sora's crown. Well I didn't really notice it, it wasn't really discrete.Posted Image

After hearing from some people from this site, I went to get a closer look at the chess pieces on the board. Here's what I found that I think might be what they are:

- Sora's piece = The silver piece with the crown

- Kairi's piece = The silver piece on the far right (the star- "Good Luck Charm")!

- Riku's piece = The third silver piece on the right (the middle)

- Mickey's piece = The silver one in the far back, which looks like Mickey's head

- Vanitas's piece = The golden piece with the symbol on his keyblade (Caramal Covered Ansem pointed this out)

- Isa's piece = The golden one on the far left with the circle and thorns sticking out

- Luxord's piece = The golden piece with the pair of dice on top (KeybladeLordSora pointed this out)

- Heartless piece = Found two of them in the beginning of the trailer. You can see the long ears like the Shadows have

Obviously, the chess board = the battlefield where the 13 Darknesses and 7 Lights clash.

Here's the trailer to check these out:

<youtube>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBawDIu9KA&feature=iv&src_vid=a7BvViADiwQ&annotation_id=annotation_3757713005</youtube>

Also...keep in mind... chess is like a battlefield. The goal is to get rid of all of your opponent's chess pieces. Notice Xehanort removed some of Eraqus's piece in the trailer (2), one of them appears to be the one I think to be Riku's piece... does this mean... D:

Edited by Moochieh32

Ya, from what I can examine, here's what I believe is on that chess board:

- Sora's piece = The silver piece with the crown

- Kairi's piece = The silver piece on the far right (the star- "Good Luck Charm")!

- Riku's piece = The third silver piece on the right (the middle)

- Mickey's piece = The silver one in the far back, which looks like Mickey's head

- Vanitas's piece = The golden piece with the symbol on his keyblade (topic creator pointed this out)

- Isa's piece = The golden one on the far left with the circle and thorns sticking out

- Luxord's piece = The golden piece with the pair of dice on top

- Heartless piece = Found two of them in the beginning of the trailer. You can see the long ears like the Shadows have

What about the one with the sun? I wonder who or what it represents...

Quota for all of you by the way!!! So many brilliant theories, I'll like you all later. :D

As for the Star pieces, there appears to be a star on the Dark side as well.....A Light gone bad? O_O

Quota for all of you by the way!!! So many brilliant theories, I'll like you all later. :D  As for the Star pieces, there appears to be a star on the Dark side as well.....A Light gone bad? O_O

Terra?If they want to go super-literal, given hat there are 32 pieces on a chess board, on each side, then Xehanort's pieces would represent the darknesses and Eraqus' would be the Guardians and the princesses. Now if we count the players themselves that gives us on each side. Hmm... Edited by Isamu_Kuno

If they want to go super-literal, given that there are 24 pieces on a chess board, 12 on each side, then Xehanort's pieces would represent 12 of the 13 darknesses and Eraqus' would be 6 of the 7 Guardians and 6 of the 7 princesses. Now if we count the players themselves that gives us 13 on each side. Hmm...

I made a mistake, there's 16 chess pieces on either side, so 32 altogether. And there would also be 16 pawns altogether, but whether they included 32 chess pieces, Idk.And you made so much sense too!! Sorry to ruin your theory Edited by 2quid

Quota for all of you by the way!!! So many brilliant theories, I'll like you all later. :D

As for the Star pieces, there appears to be a star on the Dark side as well.....A Light gone bad? O_O

Hmm...If it is supposed to be a good guy gone bad, it's either Aqua or Naminé. They're the only ones who have good luck charms like Kairi right?