Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

Did the fact that only Riku became a Keyblade Master in KH3D surprise you?

Did the fact that only Riku became a Keyblade Master in KH3D surprise you?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Did the fact that only Riku became a Keyblade Master in KH3D surprise you?

• Yeah! I was hoping to see both of them becoming Masters.
    • Yes, I thought Sora would be the only one to become a Master.
    • Yes, I thought that neither him nor Sora would become Master at all.
    • Nope, I already expected it to be like that.
    • Another option? Tell us below!

It didn't really surprise me, since like Flaming Lea said, the cover art kinda hinted at it. I was extremely happy about it though and really thought Riku deserved it since he thought he was just this horrible person who fell into darkness, hid from his friends to protect them, etc. Of course, Sora deserves it too, but we needed someone who has experienced both sides and has pulled through. 

Originally, I was thinking only Riku. But when Yen Sid said, "Sora and Riku, you are both deserving of the title," I changed my mind. Then he adds on a "however," I thought, "then why'd you say that?"

Basically, Yen Sid was like, hey, you both should get it, but since I must mirror what Eraqus did in BBS, only Riku gets to be Master. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I know you saved the world multiple times and all, but who cares. Riku got the most character development.

Sora falling down as Mickey goes to 'grab him" while Riku rises up------symbolizes Sora falling to darkness as his friends go to rescue him and Riku rising to the occasion.

Yeah nobody else looks at cover art like that.

As for the poll - It didn't really surprise me, but I didn't see it coming either.

I wasn't the only one who noticed it. There were many threads made also talking about this.

I'm pretty sure that was before I joined since I never saw any of them.

I was surprised, but now I feel like they're taking the Naruto route; main character stays at rank 1 forever but is still gets stronger than even those above them.

Well, no, a friend ended up spoiling it for me before I even owned it, so I knew the whole time. I guess it may have colored how I saw the story, but I doubt I would have liked it any better if I went in knowing nothing.

Edited by HeyMouseSayCheese

Sora falling down as Mickey goes to 'grab him" while Riku rises up------symbolizes Sora falling to darkness as his friends go to rescue him and Riku rising to the occasion.

I didn't see it. Mostly cause I don't like Riku. And I don't see why everyoe thinks Sora is dumb. But that's just me.

Edited by soravids

Nope, I knew that it was going to be like BBS and that Riku would be the only one to be named master and i'm fine with it because Sora is not as strong as he is thought to be anyway.

What surprised me in 3D was Lea appearing to save Sora and then Lea getting a keyblade later.

In general, all the plot twists revolved around Lea for me.