Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
VisitJoan

Am I being unfair here?

Can I get your opinions on this?

I have a friend that works at a local amusement park and is able to get herself and friend in for free.  We agreed to go tomorrow (Saturday) and she told me she would let me know what time she would pick me up.  However, she hasn't made plans yet and I suggested that because of this, and the fact that I'm leaving town at 5 am the next day and it's a holiday weekend so the park will most likely be crowded, that it would be better to go another time.  She then responded by saying that she had been working "four f-ing days in a row" and that she could take people who wanted to go and didn't care when the plans were made.  She told me I could just go go on my own and pay for everything.  Isn't it kinda rude to invite someone to do something and still not have a departure time the day before?  I really don't think it's unreasonable to expect this from someone.

No, I think you have the right to know when she'll be picking you up, and I think she was just being cranky because she's overworked and probably just worn out.  My guess is that she probably took your request the wrong way and assumed that you were being pushy or something (and no, I don't think you were and I don't agree with this viewpoint), and overall she's probably just stressed and going through her own problems that she takes it out on other people.  It's not fair, and certainly not your fault.  I would be rather hurt if my friend said such things without being realistic about it.  That was just rude on her part.

When you make a plan you're expected to commit to it, but you should still be reasonable if there's a good reason to back out. You had a valid reason for backing out, even moreso if she hadn't given you a set time. Plus, you were just rescheduling due to circumstances at the time. It wasn't like you were bailing on the plans completely. My guess is that she was cranky or something, or maybe you unknowingly phrased the request in such a way that she interpreted it as rude or pushy. Still, I wouldn't spend much time thinking about it. It's not an issue worth pressing, so get your obligations out of the way and make plans later.

Can I get your opinions on this?

I have a friend that works at a local amusement park and is able to get herself and friend in for free.  We agreed to go tomorrow (Saturday) and she told me she would let me know what time she would pick me up.  However, she hasn't made plans yet and I suggested that because of this, and the fact that I'm leaving town at 5 am the next day and it's a holiday weekend so the park will most likely be crowded, that it would be better to go another time.  She then responded by saying that she had been working "four f-ing days in a row" and that she could take people who wanted to go and didn't care when the plans were made.  She told me I could just go go on my own and pay for everything.  Isn't it kinda rude to invite someone to do something and still not have a departure time the day before?  I really don't think it's unreasonable to expect this from someone.

I don't blame you and I side with you on this. Your friends got to have a plan, and I believe that what you did was right. 

I work at an amusement park too and working 4 full days in a row can leave someone kinda cranky but that's still just really rude.  If you make plans you should also figure out what time you want to get there and stuff.  I always plan out about when I should pick someone up so they know when to expect me.  So it's really not unreasonable to expect her to tell you when she plans on being there.

Also I can pretty much assure you that it will be insanely busy at any park this weekend. Like normal weekend rush x4. You are 100% correct in wanting to go another day.

Edited by khoathkeeper13