Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Charles Matthews

Terra's whereabouts and connection with Xehanort

Well here I am with another post of discussion and it's one that's been mentioned many times. What happened to Terra/Terranort after the whole recompletion process happened when Ansem and Xemnas were destroyed? Why did Master Xehanort return instead of Terranort in 3D? Where could Terra's body be then? Well it's mostly just theories but IIRC Flaming Lea made a prediction on what happened to Terra's body overall and I can't help but agree with her. It makes sense. 

Master Xehanort was most likely kicked out of Terra's body as the recompletion was happening. Whether it was intentional or not is unknown but the proof that he's back in his original body is enough to say such a claim and it was even outright confirmed by Nomura and in the game. Where does this leave Terra? He's most likely still in his body or atleast his heart is. It never left. I'm even assuming it never even left even when Terranort separated into Ansem and Xemnas.....which means he was still inside the latter and most likely the reason why Xemnas seemed to take after Terra a bit more than he took after MX IMO(even if he was more loyal with MX) I mean it's essentially Terra's body after all just aged from the years that passed between BBS and KH2 meaning Xemnas must have started growing a heart seeing how he seemed very aware that Nobodies could grow hearts(could have been from his research and all but it could have been from first hand knowledge of his own) Maybe the many "conversations" with Aqua's armor and his search of Ven helped him in growing a heart lol jk. But anyways we could assume he may have grown a heart seeing how Nomura also said that Xemnas might have been able to wield a Keyblade but preferred not to most likely so he wouldn't look suspicious to the other members since they were lead to believe only Roxas and Xion could help them collect hearts for Kingdom Hearts since they both used Keyblades or more like the same one. And to use a Keyblade, you generally need to have a Heart. 

So when Xemnas was destroyed along with Ansem, Terra and Master Xehanort returned but separately for reasons unknown but popular theory since MX wasn't the original owner of Terra's heart and body, he was kicked out into his old body. But MX being the all seeing God Villain Sue that he pretty much is, probably had this all planned out to as his quote "All of this has been decided." when he first returns in KH3D seems to indicate he knew he'd be back in his original body eventually basically BBS' plot with MX and Terra was rendered pointless somewhat

Even despite all this, MX still says he has Terra under his control as one of the 13 Darknesses. Why would he say such a thing? Well Roxas apparently grew his own heart and when he merged with Sora again, his heart and his memories went inside him too. Same with Xion who most likely grew her own heart as well since Ansem The Wise did say in his research that even puppets can grow heart. Hell even data could grow hearts if they want too. It's Kingdom Hearts!  So Roxas and Xion's new hearts went inside Sora and were in a deep slumber but 3D clearly showed them reacting a bit hence all the hallucinations and memories Sora was going through when the New Org 13 were fu*king with his mind with sleep. 

My point is, Roxas and Xion had hearts they most likely grew and went to Sora when Xion merged with Roxas, who merged with Sora... if Xemnas really did grow his own heart as well(since he seems to be a special Nobody like Roxas anyways), couldn't he have passed his heart along to Terra when the recompletion happened? I mean he is Terra's body after all, only aged. Plus going by what Braig said to Young Xehanort in the 2.5 Secret Ending aka Destiny 

Posted Image

With Young Xehanort giving him the "yes" and then proceeds to Braig going on and on about how old man Xehanort is a boss and bla bla bla. Basically he clearly separates Xemnas and Master Xehanort from the other and was expecting Xemnas to be revived in Radiant Garden and YX didn't seem to dismiss this notion. Hell even Lea thought Xemnas would be brought back here. Xemnas is literally Terranort's body so Terra was most likely brought back in Radiant Garden since that's where Terranort/AX lost his heart and body after he went loco on the other apprentices, Lea and Isa and took their hearts as well which their Heartless and Nobodies were formed there which is why they were all revived there as well. Terra should be no exception and we should have Terra walking around the streets of Radiant Garden somewhere at the moment but he most likely has Xemnas' heart and maybe some remnant of MX's heart inside him automatically "Norting" him from the getco and being placed under MX's control once again and for YX to most likely pick him up and have him gather with the rest of the group in TWTNW to wait for MX's true restoration since for some reason, MX's restoration took longer to happen than Terranort's(probably because he was sent back to his original body and said body hasn't been in use for so many years or so) That's just speculation on my part. 

Overall, that's my basic concept on what happened with Terra and why he and MX are now separate. Flaming Lea's theory on Terra's body situation was what pretty much inspired me to look deeper into it and add more to it. But yeah hope it makes some sense. 

P.S. Terranort's probably back over at Radiant Garden trying to fight off Xemnas' heart/MX's heart within him with Eraqus' help but to no avail kinda pathetic. Aerith comes by picking up flowers and sees the young man(depending if Terra aged which he should have) and saying he has pretty eyes. It reminds her of the radiant sun. and then a brand new ship was born lol jk don't take this seriously pls 

Edited by Charles Matthews

All Nomura's said about it is this:

"In this game, Master Xehanort does not appear in the form of Terra-Xehanort when he transferred his heart, but as the old man he was before he took control of Terra's body. During the revival, what happened to Terra's body, and Terra's heart that was in opposition to Xehanort's control? In Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, it is to be considered that it was thought the whereabouts of the heart of Terra's master, Eraqus rested within his body."

Edited by Alan Smithee

"In this game, Master Xehanort does not appear in the form of Terra-Xehanort when he transferred his heart, but as the old man he was before he took control of Terra's body. During the revival, what happened to Terra's body, and Terra's heart that was in opposition to Xehanort's control? In Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, it is to be considered that it was thought the whereabouts of the heart of Terra's master, Eraqus rested within his body."

Can you provide your source because I don't recall this interview at all. I have never seen any interview correlating the appearance of Elder Xehanort with Eraqus' heart being within Terra.

Edited by Ultima Rob

Can you provide your source because I don't recall this interview at all. I have never seen any interview correlating the appearance of Elder Xehanort with Eraqus' heart being within Terra.

Ultimania.

All Nomura's said about it is this: "In this game, Master Xehanort does not appear in the form of Terra-Xehanort when he transferred his heart, but as the old man he was before he took control of Terra's body. During the revival, what happened to Terra's body, and Terra's heart that was in opposition to Xehanort's control? In Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, it is to be considered that it was thought the whereabouts of the heart of Terra's master, Eraqus rested within his body."

I'm well aware of what he said and that old interview. What I was presenting was just a theory after all...

If anything this just helps back up the idea that they were indeed forced apart during revival. It doesn't change the fact that Terra is indeed a vessel.The question is why..Xemnas growing his own heart that stayed in Terra during his revival makes sense. MX in DDD referred to himself as returning as a complete person.

@ Charles..It's been confirmed by Nomura that both Ansem and Xemnas had traits of both Terra and MX since they were merged at the time they split into heartless and nobody. MX's heart was attempting to completely consume Terra's while merging with it...unlike the situation with Sora and Ven whose hearts were separate the entire time.

Edited by Flaming Lea

@ Charles..It's been confirmed by Nomura that both Ansem and Xemnas had traits of both Terra and MX since they were merged at the time they split into heartless and nobody. MX's heart was attempting to completely consume Terra's while merging with it...unlike the situation with Sora and Ven whose hearts were separate the entire time.

I'm well aware of that though. I never argued that Ansem solely got his traits from MX since his appearance is similar to Terra since he was based on Terranort's design. The theory was mostly on how both Ansem and Xemnas'destructions caused the recompletion of MX and Terra separately for some reason. MX/Terra's situation is indeed different than Sora/Ven's but similar at the same time Since Roxas' heart went to Sora since it was the origin of his body and his original self. Xemnas' hypothetical heart most likely stayed within Terra during the recompletion since it's literally the same body after all which keeps him being Terranort and also keeps him under MX's thumb.

I'm well aware of that though. I never argued that Ansem solely got his traits from MX since his appearance is similar to Terra since he was based on Terranort's design. The theory was mostly on how both Ansem and Xemnas'destructions caused the recompletion of MX and Terra separately for some reason.

I think the separation had a lot to do with them being forced back into their own original bodies where they belonged

MX/Terra's situation is indeed different than Sora/Ven's but similar at the same time Since Roxas' heart went to Sora since it was the origin of his body and his original self. Xemnas' hypothetical heart most likely stayed within Terra during the recompletion since it's literally the same body after all which keeps him being Terranort and also keeps him under MX's thumb.

I agree with this completely since it was part of my original theory lol

An alternative theory (and the one I believe most) is simply Terranort from BBS via time travel.

It was pretty much confirmed at this point that Terra indeed has returned in body and flesh just like MX in the present following Ansem and Xemnas' destruction. We just don't know specifically where he is at the moment with the implication from MX that he still has control over Terra as one of his vessels.

Except it was pretty much confirmed at this point that Terra indeed has returned in body and flesh just like MX in the present following Ansem and Xemnas' destruction. We just don't know specifically where he is at the moment with the implication from MX that he still has control over Terra as one of his vessels.

Can't argue with the first sentence, but as for the second, that's actually my point: control over the past version via time travel.

Edited by Alan Smithee

Why would he need the past version when he has control of the present version? It saves YX the hassle on going to have to fetch him at an earlier point with him having to go fetch others like Ansem and Xemnas as well. 

Who said it automatically had to be the present version?

Why would he need the past version when he has control of the present version? It saves YX the hassle on going to have to fetch him at an earlier point with him having to go fetch others like Ansem and Xemnas as well. 

Exactly

Who said it automatically had to be the present version?

Why would he want the past version when he didn't have control over the past version since he was fighting for control ? That's why he split himself to begin with. The present version would be much more suitable. Using the past version wouldn't make sense.He used TT as a back up method for those unsuitable vessels to be replaced.

If anything this just helps back up the idea that they were indeed forced apart during revival. It doesn't change the fact that Terra is indeed a vessel.The question is why..Xemnas growing his own heart that stayed in Terra during his revival makes sense.  To make this understandable it really just  kinda like Sora. Terra just had 3 hearts inside of him Being his, ME and MX  MX in DDD referred to himself as returning as a complete person.

My question is if he had these hearts and they were released does mean Xemneas is like Roxas. if Terra is like Sora with Kairi and Vens heart just with ME and MX heart how does this all play out. Ven just made Roxas appear like him but his Soras nobody so Xemneas is really Terras nobody but has the appearance of MX. does this mean that Eraquas who just got to Terra before losing his heart similar to Kairi might have a nobody as well or could have something to do with whats going on in this theory. 

Edited by Xeorizar

Lol pretty much what Flaming Lea said summed up the similarities between Roxas and Xemnas and how Ven's heart stayed in Sora's physical body, maybe Terra's heart somehow split away from MX's heart and stayed inside his body which at this point was Xemnas, Terranort's nobody. Since Terra and MX's heart were basically joined for the most part fighting for control vs Sora and Ven's hearts being possible, it could also help to explain why Terra and MX split into individual entities after Ansem and Xemnas were destroyed. So like how Ven's heart stayed with Sora's physical body(Roxas), Xemnas' new heart most likely would have stayed with Terranort's physical body(Terra) keeping Terra as "half Xehanort" and under MX's control as he plainly said in 3D. 

Thus eliminating a reason to go fetch a defiant and harder to control Terranort from the past when you have a perfectly seeded Terranort in the present thanks to Xemnas' probable heart and maybe another extra servings of MX heart on a platter. 

I'm gonna try really hard to answer what I can decipher from what you wrote .Not trying to be rude but this post is hard to understand.

Xemnas is similiar to Roxas in the sense there were several hearts involved.. Xemnas got his looks from Terranort having two hearts merging together while a third heart is also sitting in his body.  Sora had Kairi's and Ven's heart inside him but they were not merged like Terra's and MX's were..It's possible when Terranort ( aka Apprentice Xehanort) split himself Eraqus' heart left or it could've stayed. We don't know the status of Eraqus' heart after for sure except he was there in Terra.He could have a nobody but I doubt it bc he died unlike MX when he transferred his heart into Terra..( both of their bodies could've just went where all nobodies go when they await reunion with their counterpart hearts)

Ven's heart did not leave Sora when he split himself- it stayed in Sora's physical body which is why Roxas looked like Ven.

I think Eraqus heart being in there can mean something but we don't know what. We do know MX and Terra have revived separately and back to their own original bodies where they belong.

But any new hearts these nobodies ( Roxas and Xemnas) grew would've stayed in their physical bodies..In Terra's case this could've caused Terra to be once again possessed by Xehanort upon revival.

I am so sorry for my grammar and laziness. I'm a college student I should have revised it, but i'm also an 18 year old that is too lazy to proofread lol.