Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

Sports The Undertaker Vs. Bray Wyatt: Who Will Win?

Hey there everyone, how's it going?  Well, since I know that there are some wrestling fans on this site, I decided I'd post this topic. Okay, so let me get to the point.  I stopped watching WWE quite a while ago, but I always keep my eye out for any news regarding the Undertaker, and I've seen all the matches he's had in the previous years, and well, I'm sure all of you wrestling fans out there were shocked when the Deadman lost his streak to Brock Lesnar last year.  And well, now this is where I get to the point of this topic.

So this year, at Wrestlemania 31, the Undertaker will face Bray Wyatt, and well, the match looks like it'll be pretty good, and it's a clash of two generations, so to speak.  WWE has built up Bray Wyatt to be the new face of fear of the WWE, and well, even though Wyatt will never compare to the Deadman, he is pretty creepy!  So these two will fight in the ring, but the only thing that worries me is the result of this match.  I don't care if Undertaker wins or loses.  As long as I get to see him wrestle again, I'm happy!  But, now that he has lost his streak, there's a big risk of what the outcome will be this year.  If he loses, his Wrestlemania record will stand at 21-2, and that means WWE will have tarnished the streak and made it mush.  But, if he wins, he gets to ride off into the sunset with a victory.

You know, this Youtuber, I believe his name is JDFRomny, the host of his show, Off The Script, raises an interesting point.  If Vince wanted the streak to end, why not have left it for this year's Mania, allowing Wyatt to win and do a sort of passing of the torch moment, where Undertaker paves the way for the new face of fear in the WWE, and honestly, it would have been much better.  But, what's done is done, and the streak is already done for, so now, this is the first Wrestlemania in which I actually ask the question: Will Undertaker win?

But yeah, even if he loses, the Undertaker will always have the utmost respect from me, and he'll always be my favorite wrestler of all time. He'll always be an amazing athlete to me!  Long live the Deadman!  So then, what are your thoughts on this, everyone?  Do you think Undertaker will win or lose?  Do you think this'll be his last Wrestlemania?

(Yes, I know WWE is scripted, but the way they scripted for Taker to lose last year was a big doozy!)

As much as I love Taker, I really want Bray to win. He's in my top five on the current roster, and a win over the Undertaker would really cement him as the major villain on the show. The problem is, like every problem in the WWE right now, that Brock Lesnar ruins everything he comes into contact with, and by making it so he broke the Streak last year means that the stakes are lowered substantially for the match. Bray can win, and it will still be awesome, but think about how much more hype the match would be if the Streak were in tact. A win like that could sky-rocket Wyatt's career, but the fact that it was given to a part timer who has spent six months holding the WWE Title hostage, and until a short time ago was threatening to walk out with it and not even show up at Wrestlemania, just leaves a sickening feeling in my stomach. If Bray wins, it means that yes, the Undertaker's aura of invincibility is lessened, but it also means that Brock is no longer a special snowflake, which suits me just fine.

Follow the buzzards.

Bray Wyatt obviously. No offense to the Deadman, but he's getting older each year and his streak is already over. Wyatt has been stagnating as a character ever since his feud with Daniel Bryan plus the Wyatt Family breaking up (which still baffles me to this day). He needs something like this so he can get over as a mega heel.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

The fact that the Undertaker lost his streak, THE streak, to Brock Lesner was a major letdown for me.  However, if they manage to recover from that by giving Wyatt that win this time around, I'll just pretend that he's the one who truly broke the streak, as a way of passing down the torch almost.  It wouldn't be that hard to believe either, given Wyatt's prior successes, such as his Royal Rumble performance.