Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hey, me and my friend are in an argument.. Who would win if Sora from KH and Korra from LoK went face to face? I'm obviously rooting for sora but it would be good to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

It's not really a fair decision to make. Sora and Korra are heroes of their own universes. Since they belong to their own separate settings with their own rules, we can't compare how their objective strength would match up against one another. Plus, the bias of being fans in a Kingdom Hearts forum would make most of us root for Sora, because for some of us that's where our loyalties lie -- unless you're a bigger LoK fan, which would make your loyalty slant towards Korra instead.

But if you really wanna end the argument, just say Sora. Sora has a giant key. Korra does not. Your friend's argument is invalid.

you can't ask if a video game character would win becuase that ultimately comes down to the skill of the player. Sora has no established limit because basically all of his fighting is done through gameplay

it's like how people insist Goku could beat Sora, but if you're playing as Sora, Sora wins

Hmm let me see despite that Sora and Korra live in different universes, but let me see? Sora had been using the keyblade for one year, then learn how to use two keyblades, save many worlds from darkness twice, but went back in time a year so he could take his Mark of Mastery exam to become a Keyblade master but fail while Korra had been training to be the Avatar for seventeen years, she master Fire. Earth, Water, Air, and Metalbending, save benders from Amon, stop the Water Tribe Civil War from her evil uncle, stop Zaheer, and become a mature woman for the past three years and stop Kurvira. Hmm in my opinion a fight between Sora and Korra would be a close match.

Edited by Movies798

Korra would lose because Korra always loses when she faces an enemy for the first time x)  She lost against Amon, she lost against Unalaaq, she lost against Zaheer and she lost against Kuvira. Aang always got kidnapped, Korra always gets beaten up ;) Seriously though, I don't think you can compare two characters from universes that are really really really different in a fight. 

Oh boy.Alright, listen up. First, and foremost, we must list their skills and feats.On Korra's side, she can bend the four elements, and Spirit. But Spirit bending only really works in direct close range, or on actual spirit creatures, and only really can bend a person's chi, or life energy, if they are able to be in direct contact with the person, which means grappling and/or grabbing of the enemy and is saved to special occasions. She dosen't seem to have any sub-bending abilities (I would know for sure if I hadn't lost all hope in Korra after season 2 with the final match being so shit...) and has the Avatar state, a state of pure power when the Avatar can use all four elements at one time and with great furiosity.She can turn water into ice, and much like other water benders, use even tiny amounts of water in the air to her advantage.The movements of the four elements resemble eastern martial arts forms, and with that knowledge, she likely can deal with both Long range with bending, and close with martial arts skill or closer range fore shots.Korra also (according to the Wiki) can metal bend(however is still very new to it, and only can bend the standard metal wires and such), and defeats several powerful opponent's and even has survived intense Mercury Poisoning.Onto Sora's skillsWell, quite honestly, Sora is a monster in terms of power. Highly profeccent at both physical and magical attacks, knowing spells that reduce and even reflect back the damage sent at him, with no damage taken to Jim as a result if he casts it in time(which takes very little time for him to do, it's as instant as performing a swing basically). but where he shines is absolutely melee, and stopping this kid from hitting you with his Melee us damn well near impossible. He can borderline fly, has homing strikes that will bring you within range, and then there is his weapon, the Keyblade. Incredibly powerful, able to cleave through multiple solid skyscrapers with seemingly no effort, cutting clean through enemies of all kinds, and even being able to make its user invincible at periods of time. Not including transformations into forms, he has huge amounts of time spent nearly untouchable. He also has healing magic killed dragons of multiple elemental types, killed multiple people with incredible elemental or magical control, and, well, defeated multiple gigantic beasts capable of firing lasers, rockets, energy waves, high pulse slashes, ect., and then don't forget his stunning abilities with Light-based attacks (making him move at light speed and hitting people with beams of pure, hot, white light would be unpleasant to say the least). He is nearly unstoppable with these skills, as whatever time spent getting hit won't do anything to him as he reflects it, uses light-based skills to dodge it, it would take people with way past super sonic speeds to keep up with his dexterity and movement.With that in mind, let's analyze for a bit, shall we?With what we know, Korra is very, very tallented. She takes on super enemies on a nearly daily basis, and can bend even the land, sky, and sea to her will. But Sora is more or less invincible because of Sora's ability to send everything that Korra throws at him right back in her face, via blocking it and forcibly returning to sender, with reflect, or plain hitting it right back at her (he can slash laser shots back at their sender, pretty impressive.) Sora also faces challenges through out a simple, ordinary day, that would exaust the average person after a few minutes and he walks out of it with a damn smile on his face, speaking miles about his insane stamina. This, as well as with the fact his manuverability is insane (he knows the 5 rules of dodge all and of pressing forward very well). As much as Korra can bend, Sora deals with on a dily basis, except metalbending, but her skills are just OK, she never properly learned everything about the bending form, and the grappling for energy bending wouldn't be so effective as it requires Sora to stay still, and well, he dosen't. Even if Korra tried grabbing him to use energy bending, Sora wouldn't stay there long enough for it to be effective, or use a counter attack before she could even try it (fire roasted korra soup, anyone?). Bottom line, Sora is just too powerful for her in speed and damage as well as countering everything an opponent might do (Reflect too OP, please nerf.) And even if she dose go Avatar state, Sora could wait out and do damage to her over a period of time(as the Avatar state dose eat up energy over time), force her into a juggle and kill her then, out lasting the Avatar in the Avatar state would be pretty damn hard, but even when flying he can dodge ever attack, block every shot, and reflect or use Aero to lower the damage or null it and send it right back at her.In this case, Sora would win.Do I like this?Hell no. Sora is far from a worthy character to beat the damn avatar. He's childish, stupid, blunt, and annoyingly simple with a multitude of times when he is literally inable to be hit. His personality reads of "Since I'm more for kids I'm going to be simple like one", and honestly, I feel he isn't a good character. Korra, on the other hand, though I don't like her as an Avatar, per se, is a very good character and very well rounded as an individual in the end (Reading the Wiki gave me a bit of a heads up on her). Honestly, if they weren't so far apart in terms of power, I would love to hand it over to Korra. But based on her power, she just dosen't match up. On another note, when fighting characters, generally take them from the same medium. In Video games, in general, your character is far more powerful than someone you can't control as the game itself has to be made much more difficult and requires a character who can handle the difficulties of the game itself, and in a comic or TV show, the characters are just given what the plot itself demands and nothing else, nothing more. In video games the characters will have more powers, abilities, and skills than just about any charcter in another medium. There are exceptions to that everywhere, but reguardless, as a rule of thumb don't fight them. /end analasys.

It's not really a fair decision to make. Sora and Korra are heroes of their own universes. Since they belong to their own separate settings with their own rules, we can't compare how their objective strength would match up against one another. Plus, the bias of being fans in a Kingdom Hearts forum would make most of us root for Sora, because for some of us that's where our loyalties lie -- unless you're a bigger LoK fan, which would make your loyalty slant towards Korra instead. But if you really wanna end the argument, just say Sora. Sora has a giant key. Korra does not. Your friend's argument is invalid.

Maybe because it's just who I am, but I'm much more fair in terms of fighting characters instead of letting bias get over me. Personally, I find Avatar as a whole vastly superior to KH, but I find that Sora's powers just outweigh the avatar's, in my opinion.

you can't ask if a video game character would win becuase that ultimately comes down to the skill of the player. Sora has no established limit because basically all of his fighting is done through gameplayit's like how people insist Goku could beat Sora, but if you're playing as Sora, Sora wins

I've actually gone over this before with people, Sora is practically invincible to anything not from a video game, because all game characters are OP by definition, for instance, how it would likely work is Goku goes for a punch, Sora areal recovers and sucks Goku into a fixed position with Magnet (as its magic, and Goku can't resist magic, the pull would be very hard for him to resist, even when flying against it, as magic is considered always stronger than physica, in general) and then potion and will on him with the Keyblade, which obeys a special set of laws by iteslf. Due to the fact Sora by canon of the games has Second chance and once more, he would survive the initial hit reguardless and fire off the magnet right then and there, and since the Keyblade is magical in nature, sora's hits do half damage from Goku being able to resist the physical damage of the hit, but the magic nature of the weapon changes how it hits. As soon as Magnet would run out, hit another Magnet, rinse until low MP, then use a cure and wait for his MP to charge again and then juggle again. Because KH makes him too powerful, lime most videogames.

I've actually gone over this before with people, Sora is practically invincible to anything not from a video game, because all game characters are OP by definition, for instance, how it would likely work is Goku goes for a punch, Sora areal recovers and sucks Goku into a fixed position with Magnet (as its magic, and Goku can't resist magic, the pull would be very hard for him to resist, even when flying against it, as magic is considered always stronger than physica, in general) and then potion and will on him with the Keyblade, which obeys a special set of laws by iteslf. Due to the fact Sora by canon of the games has Second chance and once more, he would survive the initial hit reguardless and fire off the magnet right then and there, and since the Keyblade is magical in nature, sora's hits do half damage from Goku being able to resist the physical damage of the hit, but the magic nature of the weapon changes how it hits. As soon as Magnet would run out, hit another Magnet, rinse until low MP, then use a cure and wait for his MP to charge again and then juggle again. Because KH makes him too powerful, lime most videogames.

Sora's guard can also absorb anything, reflect can turn damage back on someone, and he can become outright invulnerable when using certain attacks or healing

like most characters in action games, Sora has eveyr skill he needs to ultimately be able to defeat any opponent, assuming the player is skilled enough

Sora's guard can also absorb anything, reflect can turn damage back on someone, and he can become outright invulnerable when using certain attacks or healinglike most characters in action games, Sora has eveyr skill he needs to ultimately be able to defeat any opponent, assuming the player is skilled enough

Basically, this. Much like any other character in an action-based videogsme, they're no less than invincible most of the time.

Sora's guard can also absorb anything, reflect can turn damage back on someone, and he can become outright invulnerable when using certain attacks or healinglike most characters in action games, Sora has eveyr skill he needs to ultimately be able to defeat any opponent, assuming the player is skilled enough

it's not really fair to base a characters strength on what the player can do though, I mean, look at the Roxas fight in final mix, we can be crushing his ass six ways from Sunday, but it doesn't matter because the cutscene shows us that Roxas is simply overpowering sora. because then what do we do when dragonball z games give us the exact same thing, which in most cases are a fair representation of goku's abilities?

it's not really fair to base a characters strength on what the player can do though, I mean, look at the Roxas fight in final mix, we can be crushing his ass six ways from Sunday, but it doesn't matter because the cutscene shows us that Roxas is simply overpowering sora. because then what do we do when dragonball z games give us the exact same thing, which in most cases are a fair representation of goku's abilities?

you judge a character by teh genre they come from . Sora is from a game. There aren't enough cutscenes to discern Sora's actual capabilities, so we defer to gameplay

you judge a character by teh genre they come from . Sora is from a game. There aren't enough cutscenes to discern Sora's actual capabilities, so we defer to gameplay

but shouldn't cutscenes have more power over gameplay, even if there are a limited amount of them that display his power. If anything, we can also include reaction commands as valid representations of Sora's ability, I'm not trying to justify a valid battle between sora and goku, but what happens if sora goes up against someone like Dante from devil may cry, do we still rely on gameplay even though the mechanics make you an overpowered God yet cutscenes show you getting your ass kicked.

but shouldn't cutscenes have more power over gameplay, even if there are a limited amount of them that display his power. If anything, we can also include reaction commands as valid representations of Sora's ability, I'm not trying to justify a valid battle between sora and goku, but what happens if sora goes up against someone like Dante from devil may cry, do we still rely on gameplay even though the mechanics make you an overpowered God yet cutscenes show you getting your ass kicked.

In games, it's generally gameplay that carries more weight. It's just that problems arise when gameplay and story don't match up, like when you get cutscenes where you get overwhelmed by enemies you spent the last five minutes kicking the crap out of in gameplay. It can be hard to objectively judge a character's strength within their own world, let alone a world they have no relation to.

By pure gameplay, Sora is very powerful, even when you don't take the Protagonist Can't Die power into account. Personally, I give more weight to what Sora can do in gameplay, because it's more interesting. Cutscenes don't showcase even a fraction of the things I've seen him pull off as my player character. It's almost embarrassing how much the story assumes he can get overpowered, despite how his command deck could contain a whole arsenal of spells and abilities.

If you wanna be really extreme about it, it'd be unfair to compare Sora to even Dante, because Kingdom Hearts is Kingdom Hearts and Devil May Cry is Devil May Cry. Characters play by the rules of their story, setting, and medium -- and even that can be inconsistent depending on how things are handled.

Honestly Sora. He's got a shitload of magic,immense strength,the power to wield two keyblades,and is very quick on his feet. While Korra only knows four elements,to which Sora beat people with powers based on those elements,and she practically always loses! She couldn't even defeat Unalaaq the same way Aang defeated Ozai. Korra needed the help of a LITTLE GIRL who was practically more famed than her to defeat that bastard.

its hard to say sora has good fightting skills but Korra has good magic but if I had to go with so one it would be sora he has limit form and cure magic so I think sora

Edited by sora473

I don't know much about Korra's world, but even if Sora falls, he's got countless allies (Powerhouses like King Mickey, Roxas, Riku). He's virtually unbeatable, as they could just cure him up anytime he needs, assuming he can't just cure himself. And, Sora Donald and Goofy is a deadly combo. 

Honestly Sora. He's got a shitload of magic,immense strength,the power to wield two keyblades,and is very quick on his feet. While Korra only knows four elements,to which Sora beat people with powers based on those elements,and she practically always loses! She couldn't even defeat Unalaaq the same way Aang defeated Ozai. Korra needed the help of a LITTLE GIRL who was practically more famed than her to defeat that bastard.

It's not about having the elements, it's how you use them, and Korra is shown again and again to be an expert in combat. All of her failures stem from her lack of spiritual balance, not lacking strength. In addition to the regular elements she can metal bend, spirit bend, and block/unblock chi. Then she also has the Avatar State which is insanely OP. 

I mean, it lets her do this

I don't know much about Korra's world, but even if Sora falls, he's got countless allies (Powerhouses like King Mickey, Roxas, Riku). He's virtually unbeatable, as they could just cure him up anytime he needs, assuming he can't just cure himself. And, Sora Donald and Goofy is a deadly combo. 

Your lack of Korra knowledge puts you at a disadvantage here. Korra has plenty of allies and there are various ways to heal a person as well. If you start bringing in everything else from their lore neither of them are liable to be defeated, Sora and Korra both have their own methods of endless reincarnation.

(Also Sora can't call on Roxas that makes no sense)

Sora not a sweat, I'd like to see a Death Battle on Sora/Riku vs Naruto/Sasuke (plus I want to see 2 genuine characters beat 2 gay emo characters).

I've been saying this for a while. Although I don't agree that Naruto or Sasuke are gay emos considering they both have children and don't inflict self harm. On top of that Sora/Riku and Naruto/Sasuke are almost identical to each other in every way. Sora and Naruto being the naive main protagonist. Riku and Sasuke being the emo best friend who at one point betrays the main protagonist but eventually comes back.