Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Posted Image

You know, I like Frozen. In fact, I LOVE Frozen but, a Sequel? Really...?

As you said, Disney's Track Record should tell them something about how it will go. -_-

I share your sceptical viewpoint here, Isamu... 

Fun fact: my sister, who works at Disneyland, tells me that Disney spent somewhere around $5,000,000 to renovate part of California Adventure into a Frozen Fun show. Almost no one went to it and it's become one of the biggest wastes of money in the entire park.

Point is, no one really cares about Frozen anymore. Some people still like the movie, but the fad hype is pretty much dead. Disney is striking the iron long after it's cooled, and a sequel is not going to be nearly as successful as the first movie.

I freely admit to enjoying Frozen, and sure, I'll watch Frozen Fever (When someone uploads it to youtube) but as to Frozen 2....

Two words:

Cinderella 2. 

Disney sequels are mostly awful (With few exceptions, like Rescuers Down Under and Stitch: The Movie) and taking a good, complete story and tacking on more things will ruin it, plus piss off your long-standing fans. 

And the "Frozen Fever" is both dying and getting out of control: a sequel will just add more merchandise no one wants to buy. 

So, Disney, please: Stop production of Frozen 2, and let it go. 

If it turns out bad you wasted 10 bucks. It doesn't affect your enjoyment of the original in any way. Why whine about something that doesn't exist yet? And this is coming from a guy who didn't even like the first one.

Never like Frozen but a sequel sounds horrible especially since Disney is known for creating awful sequels to their classic first movies. Besides didn't Disney said they will never make sequels again? But of course they want more money.

If it turns out bad you wasted 10 bucks. It doesn't affect your enjoyment of the original in any way. Why whine about something that doesn't exist yet? And this is coming from a guy who didn't even like the first one.

Who's whining? I'm just saying it's a bad idea on on Disney's end from a business standpoint given their history with sequels. They're going to pour a massive budget into this and they'll be lucky to break even. Especially since if they insist on not using one of their other studios it will either 1: Push back their upcoming films like Moana, Giants, King of the elves etc, or 2, not come out until at least 2020, long aver everyone is over Frozen. And if they do have one of their other studios handle it, (say, for example, DisneyToon Studios who is responsible for handling the TinkerBell franchise) it'll go straight to DVD and be ignored.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Who's whining? I'm just saying it's a bad idea on on Disney's end from a business standpoint given their history with sequels. They're going to pour a massive budget into this and they'll be lucky to break even. Especially since if they insist on not using one of their other studios it will either 1: Push back their upcoming films like Moana, Giants, King of the elves etc, or 2, not come out until at least 2020, long aver everyone is over Frozen. And if they do have one of their other studios handle it, (say, for example, DisneyToon Studios who is responsible for handling the TinkerBell franchise) it'll go straight to DVD and be ignored.

Let's be honest, the original is Disney's highest grossing film ever. It's the highest grossing animated film ever. It made over a billion dollars. To say the sequel won't even break even, when the last Disney theatrical animated feature to fail to do so was over a decade ago is a bit of a presumptuous statement.

Let's be honest, the original is Disney's highest grossing film ever. It's the highest grossing animated film ever. It made over a billion dollars. To say the sequel won't even break even, when the last Disney theatrical animated feature to fail to do so was over a decade ago is a bit of a presumptuous statement.

Not when you take in their history with sequels.

Not when you take in their history with sequels.

I believe most of their bad sequel rap were from their direct to vhs/dvd sequels that had no where near the same budget as the original films. And in my personal opinion some were actually decent, even though usually they didn't live up to the original.

I hate when popularity determines whether or not a sequel should be made, as opposed to necessity. 

Most of the times, it's always a matter of $$$ and not a matter of necessity.

As for Frozen 2, I liked the first one and I love Anna. Give me more Anna and let's see what they can come up with.

Has anyone watched Lion King 2? That was a great sequel, in fact I would even argue that it was better than the original. The Little Mermaid 2 wasn't too bad either, it was fairly decent. I think it's a bit unfair to say ALL Disney sequels are horrible, but I can see why you think most if them are horrible. Plus it hasn't even come out yey, so why judge a book by its cover? It might turn out good, it might turn out bad, you'll never know until you see it. Plus I would imagine that Disney has tons of money to burn anyway, so it won't be the end of thecworld if it doesn't sell as well as they want it to (although I'm not exactly sure about their financial standings so I may be wrong on this). If you don't want to watch it that's fine but there's no reason to bash on a movie that hasn't come out yet.

Has anyone watched Lion King 2? That was a great sequel, in fact I would even argue that it was better than the original. The Little Mermaid 2 wasn't too bad either, it was fairly decent. I think it's a bit unfair to say ALL Disney sequels are horrible, but I can see why you think most if them are horrible. Plus it hasn't even come out yey, so why judge a book by its cover? It might turn out good, it might turn out bad, you'll never know until you see it. Plus I would imagine that Disney has tons of money to burn anyway, so it won't be the end of thecworld if it doesn't sell as well as they want it to (although I'm not exactly sure about their financial standings so I may be wrong on this). If you don't want to watch it that's fine but there's no reason to bash on a movie that hasn't come out yet.

They don't have tons of money, they where struggling before Frozen. Personally, i don't feel like telling the exact same story in reverse makes for a great sequel. And I'm not bashing it, I just don't think giving it a sequel is a good idea.

Seriously, can't someone say they think something is bad idea without immediately being branded a hater?

Your entitled to your own opinion, that's fine. You can disagree with mine, that's also fine. But when you say I'm "bashing" it that carries a negative connotation that implies that my opinion is invalid.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Frozen was an amazing movie, and I loved it, but it's a tad bit overrated.  Sure, it's an amazing movie with a beautiful message, but Disney has made just as good films, if not better!  But yeah, back to the topic at hand, I'm not really sure how this will go.  I can't say all Disney sequels are bad, since I haven't seen most of them. The only Disney sequel I saw was The Lion King 2, and I swear that it's just amazing!  I also like Lady And The Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure, and I think I remember watching The Little Mermaid 2.  Anyways, Disney has had a rocky road in terms of sequels, but hey, if they manage to make Frozen 2 another big hit, then kudos to them!  But personally, I'll reserve my judgement until the movie is actually in theaters for me to watch. :)

Big Hero 6 was such an amazing movie, and it hasn't gotten that much love! *Le sob.* :

Edited by Shigehiko

They don't have tons of money, they where struggling before Frozen. Personally, i don't feel like telling the exact same story in reverse makes for a great sequel. And I'm not bashing it, I just don't think giving it a sequel is a good idea. Seriously, can't someone say they think something is bad idea without immediately being branded a hater? Your entitled to your own opinion, that's fine. You can disagree with mine, that's also fine. But when you say I'm "bashing" it that carries a negative connotation that implies that my opinion is invalid.

Sorry that was a poor choice of words, I didn't mean to brand you as a hater, I was just saying that I think there are a few exceptions to the fact that Disney sequels tend to not be as good as the originals. Although I do agree that this doesn't seem like it has the potential to become anything amazing. Also thank you for correcting me on the amount of money they had :).

Sorry that was a poor choice of words, I didn't mean to brand you as a hater, I was just saying that I think there are a few exceptions to the fact that Disney sequels tend to not be as good as the originals. Although I do agree that this doesn't seem like it has the potential to become anything amazing. Also thank you for correcting me on the amount of money they had :).

TBH I don't know for sure how much they had but Frozen is credited with "Revitalizing Disney Animation" Usually that word is only used when something gets a company out of a jam, like how Super Mario "Revitalized' the gaming industry back in the 80s when it was on the verge of disappearing forever.

TBH I don't know for sure how much they had but Frozen is credited with "Revitalizing Disney Animation" Usually that word is only used when something gets a company out of a jam, like how Super Mario "Revitalized' the gaming industry back in the 80s when it was on the verge of disappearing forever.

Ah I see, fair enough, thanks for clarifying :)