Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Whenever I hear about a Kingdom Hearts reboot,I cringe a bit. To me,rebooting the series would essentially mean erasing everything that transpired in the series,and all the hardships and troubles the characters faced would mean nothing,and that all the work the developers put into the series would be worthless. It also wouldn't be the same. I don't want to start all over from the beginning and go through stuff I already know from a reboot perspective! I don't want to hear someone else as Sora. I don't want to hear someone else as Kairi. Also,Kingdom Hearts 3 hasn't even been released yet!!! We are close to the finale of the Xehanort Saga,and we are about to give Xehanort what he deserves,and a reboot would not only cancel KH3,it would also leave the series on a cliffhanger. It would leave the characters that are lost in darkness have no chance of being saved. It would also make fans very disappointed! I hope people agree with me on this...I hope people agree with me that it's too late for a reboot...

Lol where are you even hearing this stuff. It's probably someone who thinks it's all so convoluted because it has so many games. (which actually are just 7 lol, not that many) A reboot makes no sense in any way.

This guy called TheKHRP,who wants the series to go in a "new direction" by rebooting it. He's what I call a purist,who has an idealized version of the series and won't let anyone get in the way of that vision.

This guy called TheKHRP,who wants the series to go in a "new direction" by rebooting it. He's what I call a purist,who has an idealized version of the series and won't let anyone get in the way of that vision.

Does he know that KH3 will be the end of a Saga? I'm pretty sure the next Saga will take another direction. And if not, well who cares haha.

Does he know that KH3 will be the end of a Saga? I'm pretty sure the next Saga will take another direction. And if not, well who cares haha.

He does. He just doesn't care. He thinks the people who wanted KH3 don't look at the series "objectively" and that KH3 isn't good for the series's legacy.

I honestly wouldn't mind a reboot if they did it well. Sure, I'm gunning for KH3, but let's be honest here: Kingdom Hearts can be a mess. Analyzing the big picture would hopefully mesh things together better. It's what happens when you write a big series by the seat of your pants and intentionally leave things open-ended to pick up on later. The reboot wouldn't have to come before or even replace KH3. It'd just involve the Powers That Be taking a few big steps back, looking at KH as a whole instead of a bunch of separate games threaded together, and weave all the pieces tighter.

I honestly wouldn't mind a reboot if they did it well. Sure, I'm gunning for KH3, but let's be honest here: Kingdom Hearts can be a mess. Analyzing the big picture would hopefully mesh things together better. It's what happens when you write a big series by the seat of your pants and intentionally leave things open-ended to pick up on later. The reboot wouldn't have to come before or even replace KH3. It'd just involve the Powers That Be taking a few big steps back, looking at KH as a whole instead of a bunch of separate games threaded together, and weave all the pieces tighter.

Well, I just don't think a reboot is a good idea. A reboot can work if it was made AFTER KH3.

Well, I just don't think a reboot is a good idea. A reboot can work if it was made AFTER KH3.

That's what I was getting at: I said a reboot wouldn't have to come before, or replace KH3. If a reboot were to happen, I'd also want it to at least be after KH3. I think a reboot would be a fine idea. Only problem is, knowing Nomura and his love of "surprises" for his audience, there would be just as many new problems as ones they would solve.

Huh. On second though, maybe the reboot wouldn't be a good idea after all.

That's what I was getting at: I said a reboot wouldn't have to come before, or replace KH3. If a reboot were to happen, I'd also want it to at least be after KH3. I think a reboot would be a fine idea. Only problem is, knowing Nomura and his love of "surprises" for his audience, there would be just as many new problems as ones they would solve. Huh. On second though, maybe the reboot wouldn't be a good idea after all.

Yeah. It wouldn't be a good idea. Tell me why it wouldn't be a good idea to you.

Yeah. It wouldn't be a good idea. Tell me why it wouldn't be a good idea to you.

I would like a reboot to smooth out KH's rough edges, but I'm afraid that the one who would be in charge of it (Nomura) would still care too much about "surprising" us to handle the reboot well. For all I know, he'd just create another mess while falling into the cliche of Reboots Gone Wrong. I'd like a good reboot to exist, but a good reboot being created might not be feasible... if so, I'd rather just let Nomura keep doing what he's doing then attempt to fix a problem (that he might not even acknowledge) and failing at it.

I would like a reboot to smooth out KH's rough edges, but I'm afraid that the one who would be in charge of it (Nomura) would still care too much about "surprising" us to handle the reboot well. For all I know, he'd just create another mess while falling into the cliche of Reboots Gone Wrong. I'd like a good reboot to exist, but a good reboot being created might not be feasible... if so, I'd rather just let Nomura keep doing what he's doing then attempt to fix a problem (that he might not even acknowledge) and failing at it.

That's what I started thinking. Because I believe Nomura's a guy who does good at stuff that isn't a reboot. Also,we're pretty much way past the point of a reboot.

The guy sounded like a Disney elite who hated the fact that KH went on a path that wasn't completely dependent on Disney. From the video I watched he seemed to forget that Disney fans aren't the only people who loves KH. What about FF fans? What about TWEWY fans? He keeps going on some philosophical BS rant and didn't address the Square side at all.

The guy sounded like a Disney elite who hated the fact that KH went on a path that wasn't completely dependent on Disney. From the video I watched he seemed to forget that Disney fans aren't the only people who loves KH. What about FF fans? What about TWEWY fans? He keeps going on some philosophical BS rant and didn't address the Square side at all.

That's what I think! Apparently,to him,Square is tone deaf.

That's what I think! Apparently,to him,Square is tone deaf.

It's ignorant. Are we gonna ignore that past decade of stellar games with amazing characters? I mean what'll happen to The Organization? Roxas? Xion? Terra, Ventus, and Aqua? Master Xehanort?

It's ignorant. Are we gonna ignore that past decade of stellar games with amazing characters? I mean what'll happen to The Organization? Roxas? Xion? Terra, Ventus, and Aqua? Master Xehanort?

I don't know...but this reboot is basically a bad idea. Not only will it cancel Kingdom Hearts 3,it'll erase all the continuity and story that unfolded from KH1 to now. All because one guy thinks that the series wasn't like the Disney movies and that the developers were "lazy."

"You are STILL focusing on the future and not of how the past stands. Milking the series? Making spin off after spin off and not making them worth it? Making remake after remake after remake after remake? How many versions of each game do we have since the inception of this series? Please list them off for everyone to see. Even if you don't I will be in my upcoming videos. What they have done is milking the series; not what I'm aiming to do for it."

Ah,the milking the series excuse. Let's see,seven games,five re-releases,two made to appeal to everyone and made to lead into KH3,three mangas,and merchandise. It was made in Japan. Of course it's going to have a lot of stuff and re releases. And calling the other games spin offs when they are actually main titles without a number is a pretty overused statement.

Oh, no, no, no, there is no way that the series should be rebooted now!  I mean sure, I love the Kingdom Hearts series to death, but it sure as hell doesn't need a reboot!  The series is just fine the way it is, and like KeybladeLordSora mentioned, making a reboot would simply diminish everything the characters in the series went through up to this point, and it would all be for nothing!  I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel!  I want Kingdom Hearts III to be a glorious finale!  And after that, the next saga will be whatever Nomura decides it to be, just please, not a reboot! X_X

Oh, no, no, no, there is no way that the series should be rebooted now! I mean sure, I love the Kingdom Hearts series to death, but it sure as hell doesn't need a reboot! The series is just fine the way it is, and like KeybladeLordSora mentioned, making a reboot would simply diminish everything the characters in the series went through up to this point, and it would all be for nothing! I want to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I want Kingdom Hearts III to be a glorious finale! And after that, the next saga will be whatever Nomura decides it to be, just please, not a reboot! X_X

I REALLY hope we don't get a reboot! Just like you said,I wanna see the finale of the Xehanort saga,and I want to give Xehanort what he deserves! Edited by KeybladeLordSora