Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Villi1997

Text How MARVEL's CINEMATIC UNIVERSE influenced my writing

VARIETY, APPROACH & TONE

What i like about the recent MARVEL movies/TV Shows, is that none of them feels like a carbon copy of the other.

One day you might get a political/conspiracy thriller in the form of a spy story (CAPTAIN AMERICA: Winter Soldier)

and the other you might get a space-opera swashbuckling action-comedy (GUARDIANS)

Even though there is one guy who comes up with all these ideas (Kevin Fiege) he allows his directors and scriptwriters to bring in their own vision on board.

FLAWED CHARACTERS

None of these characters are perfect, even though they have all these cool powers (a hi-tech armor, a hammer that manipulates lightning etc) they still have the flaws that any normal person would have.

Tony Stark is a billionaire with a vast intelligence, and yet he is still distracted by the pleasures of alcohol and sex

Thor, he is just Thor, the god of thunder from Norse mythology the power to manipulate the weather via Mjolnir (or myuh-myuh). And yet he is an arrogant jerk with a big ego.

SYMPATHETIC VILLAINS

Loki was lied to his entire life about being a son of Asgard and when you find out that he is actually a Frost Giant all along you understand why he is all pissed off.

And, from what i've heard about Ultron in the upcoming Avengers sequel he is going to have that same quality of character development.

HUMOR & DIALOGUE

You can't have a good story without some good dialogue and humor.

IT INTRODUCED ME TO JOSS WHEDON

Nuff Said

Edited by Villi1997

Marvel is pretty good at creating fun main characters for their films. DC on the other hand has Superman, who is basically invincible; they need all sorts of dumb plots to make him a little more interesting. Maybe I'm biased though, the MCU is just so good!