Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Queen Tery

College life

Just got done making a Google Docs for one of my group projects

Gotta meet with my group from another class project tomorrow night

I have two exams to study for coming up this week

I can't wait until Midterms when the real fun starts ;)

Good luck :) Where do you plan on going and do you have an intended major?

I plan on going to the Philippines to study, possibly with my cousin who lives there too.

As for the major, I'm still undecided, but I'm quite interested in either medicine or music.

Just got done making a Google Docs for one of my group projectsGotta meet with my group from another class project tomorrow nightI have two exams to study for coming up this weekI can't wait until Midterms when the real fun starts ;)

Sounds like you're busy xD Guess that's college for you lol

I plan on going to the Philippines to study, possibly with my cousin who lives there too.

As for the major, I'm still undecided, but I'm quite interested in either medicine or music.

Wow, you definitely have a big goal there :) Well, I work in Pharmacy, currently, so if you have any questions about medicine I may be able to answer some questions lol I can at least say that when it comes to pharmacists, they definitely make big pay checks hahaha

Sounds like you're busy xD Guess that's college for you lol

Wow, you definitely have a big goal there :) Well, I work in Pharmacy, currently, so if you have any questions about medicine I may be able to answer some questions lol I can at least say that when it comes to pharmacists, they definitely make big pay checks hahaha

xD Alright, I'll keep it in mind.

I have two exams tomorrow along with another one on Friday, so I'm partially hoping for some divine intervention to happen or else I may have to drop dead.

Do you guys get snow where you're at? It's snowing here so if you're lucky, you'll get the same :P

Do you guys get snow where you're at? It's snowing here so if you're lucky, you'll get the same :P

Unfortunately no, we get like maybe one or two snow days a year unless there's a straight up temporal anomaly going on. But with it being the south and all, it doesn't take much to cancel classes anyway as long as the ground is cold enough for snow to stick on. lol

All I'd like to say is well done Tery! You're really stepping into your future and becoming the best man you can be. That Masters will get you very very far. 

As for me, not much on my end. Need quite a bit of money to pay for my tuition for next semester so I need a job (or two) fast so that's stressful but I'll find a way.

All I'd like to say is well done Tery! You're really stepping into your future and becoming the best man you can be. That Masters will get you very very far. 

As for me, not much on my end. Need quite a bit of money to pay for my tuition for next semester so I need a job (or two) fast so that's stressful but I'll find a way.

Idk if there are things like this over where you're at, but maybe you should look into jobs that pay for your college as a benefit? Like Starbucks will pay for a portion of your tuition if you work at least 20 hours a week there. And just as an example, but for me personally I've been looking into hospital pharmacy jobs for that bump in pay because I do have a family to worry about on top of my schooling, and there's a medical center in the area called Hershey Medical, and their employees get 75 percent off tuition at the state university over here. I have a couple years until then and I plan on seeking out a job as a pharmacy tech there, since I do have some experience and plan on getting certified this summer. Further more, Carnegie Mellon over here is a top notch Computer Science school and their tuition is extremely high. Like 40,000-50,000 a year. No way I'd be able to afford that without a ton of scholarships and grants and such. But, Carnegie has jobs for computer science and robotics majors. And one of their overall employee benefits is that they pay 100 percent of their employee's tuition at their school. Maybe you could look into similar benefits in your area? I'd start with your actual school and see if their employee benefits have anything like that. Even like a janitor or cafeteria worker would probably get the same benefits if they have something like that.

Currently aiming for Bio major, with possible minor in psychology. THis sememster, I'm taking just O Chem and speech, since that was all my family could afford at a total cost  at about $3,300

I'm also stressed at trying to get a damn internship/ some sort of part time job. There's a career expo this week and I have no idea how to hammer out a resume, what to put on it, and I'm scared shitless about interviewing.

Currently aiming for Bio major, with possible minor in psychology. THis sememster, I'm taking just O Chem and speech, since that was all my family could afford at a total cost  at about $3,300

I'm also stressed at trying to get a damn internship/ some sort of part time job. There's a career expo this week and I have no idea how to hammer out a resume, what to put on it, and I'm scared shitless about interviewing.

Awesome goal :) My recommendation is see if your school has a career services center. My college has one and they have staff who's job is to give you tips on how to write a good resume and cover letter as well as give you interview tips.

Awesome goal :) My recommendation is see if your school has a career services center. My college has one and they have staff who's job is to give you tips on how to write a good resume and cover letter as well as give you interview tips.

I'm already collaborating with them on that, but it's slow going. 

I'm also dreading that god damn interviews, even though they offer mock set ups to help xP

I'm already collaborating with them on that, but it's slow going. 

I'm also dreading that god damn interviews, even though they offer mock set ups to help xP

Well, I suppose the best way to look at it is, if you don't succeed this time, it's always a learning experience for next time. What better way to learn than actual hands on experience?

Well, I suppose the best way to look at it is, if you don't succeed this time, it's always a learning experience for next time. What better way to learn than actual hands on experience?

True. I just don't like the fact I only get like 3 minutes to make an impression on someone who gets to determine if I get to live out my f**king life aspirations...

True. I just don't like the fact I only get like 3 minutes to make an impression on someone who gets to determine if I get to live out my f**king life aspirations...

Well they have a lot of other people to interview too, can't take all day :P Just give it your best and like I said, there's always a next time. You may only have 3 minutes now, but that doesn't mean that 3 minutes is THE end of the road. 

This topic is a great idea! I finish high school this spring, so I'll be applying to college soon... I'd like to study either english or psychology, I still haven't really decided. : D though I'll probably choose english just because the entrance exam for psychology is super hard and I'm not sure if I'm passionate enough about it to try it out...

The thing about majoring in psychology is that you can't do a whole lot with a bachelors. To really get a career out of it, you'd need at LEAST a masters or a doctorate degree. So I'd say, go with Psychology ONLY if you think you'd be really into it. Whereas with English I'm pretty sure you could probably become like a teacher or something after a bachelors degree. Good luck with your decision and goals :)

Edited by Queen Tery

Podaitry is my aim. I've gotten into the course already, so I'm just waiting for O-Week. My subjects for this first semester are:

Introduction to Podiatry

Anatomy & Physiology 1

Professional Health Competencies

Population Health and Society

I start Uni on the 23rd so I'm really excited! :D

Peace!

The thing about majoring in psychology is that you can't do a whole lot with a bachelors. To really get a career out of it, you'd need at LEAST a masters or a doctorate degree. So I'd say, go with Psychology ONLY if you think you'd be really into it. Whereas with English I'm pretty sure you could probably become like a teacher or something after a bachelors degree. Good luck with your decision and goals :)

Thanks. ^^The career options are exactly what's worrying me... I have no problem doing the masters, but I'd really rather not become a therapist, and I'm not sure how many other options there are. :DEnglish would be a safer opption, and I love it about as much as psychology.

I'll graduate next year (hopefully) in Chinese language, can't wait to start working and get done with my studies!

Thanks. ^^The career options are exactly what's worrying me... I have no problem doing the masters, but I'd really rather not become a therapist, and I'm not sure how many other options there are. :DEnglish would be a safer opption, and I love it about as much as psychology.

What would you like to do after a bachelors degree in English? :)