Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Oblivion 22

Fallen Paradise (1x1 with Stardustblade358)

Witch / Hunter / Nephilim:

Name: Anubis Thanatos

Appearance:

Posted Image

Race: Witch

Weapon: Scythe (In the picture)

Magic: Necromancy

Abilities: Communication with the dead, heaven, and hell. Able to summon minor beings known from mythology (demon,etc.) for her use. Knowledge in multiple languages, including runes. Able to let her body be possessed by a demon for a short period of time for the use of interrogation.

Personality: Happy-go-lucky, curious, emotional and clumsy.

Bio: Anubis was born into the Thanatos family, a small yet well known family due to them being the only family of Witches that are allowed to preform the art of Necromancy. Necromancy being the type of magic that connects its users to heaven and hell alike, makes them vurnable to possession and corruption, and along with its bad history of users, it is a type of magic disliked by Hunters and Witches alike. The Thanatos keep using the magic of Necromancy for the sake of keeping it alive, and like those before her, Anubis has been harassed and bullied due to her practice, even within the Academy. Witches being scared of being around her, she has no friends, but that doesn't stop her from trying to make some.

Name: Kori Camilla

Appearance:

Posted Image

Weapon: Magic Gauntlets

Changes depending on use. Default being the Claw of Flames

Posted Image

Magic: Battle-Mage Magic

Abilities: Superhuman speed, strength, agility and reflexes. Control over Aura to use for fighting.

Personality: Headstrong, confident, quick-tempered and always up for a challenge.

Bio: Kori belongs to the Camillia family, a family of witches who unlike the rest of the type of witches, they base their magic around their fighting abilities, using magic to ehance their fighting and chances in battle. She's the oldest and only witch between her siblings, three girls and two boys. As far as her siblings know, she's at a very special high school, unknowing of her true witch abilities. She has never lost a fight since joining the academy.

Name: Rose Altheda

Appearance:

Posted Image

Weapon: Staff

Posted Image

Magic: Health and Defensive Magic

Abilities: Able to heal wounds, absorb sicknesses and wounds, create barriers and with enough mana, regenerate limbs. She also has the ability to inflict sicknesses and desiases upon others under certain conditions.

Personality: Kind, soft spoken, friendly, and selfless.

Bio: Rose developed her magic abilities rather late, living as a normal human until the age of 7 when she noticed that her wounds would heal right moments after being made. After such rumor spread, it reached to ears of other witches, who ended up telling the headmaster of the Academy, sending an invitation for Rose to join. Though her parents think she is simply attending a high quality school, they are oblivious to her being actually a witch. She is the first in her family to have developed to become a witch.

Name: Arsinoe Tamir

Appearance:

Posted Image

Weapon: Magic Fans

Posted Image

Magic: Elemental Magic

Abilities: Use magic of various types of elements. (Water, earth, fire, wind, lava, etc.) Enhanced agility.

Personality: Sophisticated, picky, spoiled, vengeful and yandere if she gets too attached.

Bio: Arsinoe belongs to a prestigious and known family of witches, the Tamir family. It is rumored that they have straight connections to both heaven and hell. As well that they have political and work business when involving humans. Some of the best witches known to history have come from this family, and such reputation still stands today. Arsinoe is the middle child of five siblings, two older brothers and two younger brothers. As the only one out of the siblings able to use magic, she has the expectation to become a great witch, which she carries to wherever she goes.

Edited by Stardustblade358

~K Has Joined The Chat~

~Luna Has Joined The Chat~

Luna: Hey, have you heard of the legend of the Witches? They say there have been people who have appeared through history wielding magical powers.

K: You read too much fanfiction.

Luna: Not my fault, this stuff is pretty interesting.

K: It's old news to me. My sister used to tell me stories that involved Witches when I was young. They're just made up.

Luna: Right. Well I guess you of all people would know.

K: I guess. Anyway, I better get going. My sister is coming home today and I need to make it look like I've made some kind of effort this past year.

Luna: Good luck with that, you're going to need it.

K: Yeah, see you around.

~K Has Left The Chat~

Within the confines of the darkest of rooms, where the only light that could be seen was that of three computer monitors, a young man placed his headphones on the desk and slowly stood on his feet. "A story of Witches? What nonsense. If such a world really existed, I would have found it by now." The young man, named Koyomi Valentine, left his room with a dulled expression. Finding his way around the ground floor of the house, Koyomi arrived in the kitchen, taking two boxes of pizza out from the freezer and placed them into the oven after it had warmed up. "It's going to be a real pain when Akane gets home and realises that I haven't bothered to do anything this past year." Almost on que, the front door opened suddenly and a long drawn out sigh of relief could be heard throughout the house. "Ahhh! It's been so long. It's good to be home." Koyomi stared at the entrance with almost a hint of annoyance in his eyes. "You're home early." Akane, the eldest child of the Valentine family, walked through the house nostalgically while smiling at her brother's reponse. "Well, you know me. I always get my job done quickly. So, what's for dinner?" "Pizza." "How you been?" "Good." "Done anything interesting this last year?" "Not really." "Just like I thought..." Akane sighed to herself, bringing a suitcase full of clothes with her into the living room where she eventually sat peacefully. "I've told you hundreds of times already, you need to leave the house at some time." "It's not my fault that this world is boring." "You don't have to say it like that..." Koyomi sat on a couch while reading a book on fairy tale stories. "You haven't read that one in a while." "A friend reminded me of it." Akane smiled, laughing a little. "You have friends?" Koyomi shot his sister an unimpressed glare. "More of an acquaintance." "Well, no matter. It's good that you're talking to other human beings." "Right..." Koyomi looked out at the window, seeing the bright blue sky that lay outside his house. "(This world, with all of its rules, is just too boring for me to live in.)"

Edited by Oblivion 22

Candlelight. The hums of an elderly woman as she stood by a fountain of red liquid. A man and a woman, holding a small child in their hands. The babe slept, before beind handed to the old woman. "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear." She smiled, before submerging the child within the warm, crimson liquid of the fountain.

"And this child we bless, as we baptize her with the blood of demon and angel. She is now one of us."

Anubis shot her eyes wide open, looking up at the ceiling of her room as she lay in bed. "Anubis! Could you come over for a second?" Anubis sat up at the sound of her mother calling for her, stretching as she jumped to her feet. Scrolls were unrolled and scattered along the bed and floor. She must've fallen asleep reading old texts again.It would be nice for once if she was allowed to read something besides these things. maybe something more modern. These papers were so old she could feel the dust within the paper each time. She didn't wear the armor pieces of her outfit when at home or on break, it made her look more normal to fit within the community. She walked into the living room to see her mother getting ready to tend her beautiful garden again. "Ah Anubis. Think you can go to the store and get me some tomato seeds? I though I'd gotten them and when I went to check it seems I've completely forgotten." Her mother said, her voice soft as she smiled, wearing a sun dress, a hat and some gloves. "Sure, I wanted to go out to get some fresh air anyways, need anything else?" "Hmm~ Oh!" Her mother quickly hurried over and handed her a paper bag. "Your idiot father forgot his lunch, again. Please take it to him." Anubis blinked and gave a nod. "Alright, I'll get going!" With that Anubis hurried out of the house. They lived in the most normal neighborhood, with normal people. Everyone oblivious that their beloved neighbors were Necromancers. Her father was an ex-hunter, now working for a graphic company. Yup. Just a normal life. Normal day. But one could never be too sure. With demons around an all.

"Ow!!!" "Kori that's enough." Kori scoffed as she kicked her younger brother away. They were at the family training dojo area, both of them wearing t-shirts and pants. Kori would only activate her witch attire when fighting demons or when at the academy. She needed to act human here. Which was harder than it looked and sounded. "You're so weak, Helix! You're never going to be able to reach the championships that way!" Kori yelled. Her brother rubbed his back. "Yet if you entered I know I would have to drop out. I could never beat you! You always so...strong." Helix noted. "Only because I like, practice every day!" Kori growled at her brother. These two were going to headbutt again. "Alright, that's enough for the day." They both turned to see their dad walking over, a smile on his face. "Helix, go get ready. We should start heading to the competition an hour early just in case." He said, and with that Helix walked away. "So weak~" Kori scoffed. "He doesn't have what you have." Her father reminded her before poking her nose. "By the way, could you take out the dogs?" "Heh?! Why me?!" "Because only the strongest person can do it." He teased, before walking away. Kori stared with her mouth open as she growled to herself. She was a witch! Yet these mortal duties were...duties no less, as long as she lived under the roof of her parents. "Fine." She finally agreed to herself, getting the three big dogs, a Great Dane, a Siberian Husky, and a German Sheppard, on leashes. She quickly got her sandals on. "I'm taking them out!" With that she walked out of the house.

"I'm going to the library!" Rose hurried down the stairs. She wore a pink sundress, a sunhat and sandals while holding a book in her hand. Her witch attire would have to wait for the academy, or whenever a demon had to come by. "Oh our precious little girl is such a nerd!" Her dad teased as he kissed her head. "Oh dad!" Rose laughed. Yes she studied a lot, but only for the sake of controlling the powers her parents didn't knew she had."Do you have a copy of your key? I'm heading out soon." "Yes dad, don't worry. Have a nice day at work!" "Be careful out there honey! Remember the emergency number! Keep your cellphone close to you at all times!" With that, Rose walked out of the house. If only she could tell them the truth. She wasn't heading to the library, but to find somewhere solitary where she could practice her magic at peace, without the risk of her parents or anyone else finding out about it. That would cause some problems. Sometimes she wondered if her mother was a witch and her father was a hunter would make things easier, but she loved them as they were regardless. "Right, I better go find myself a spot." She muttered, before hurrying away.

"Wow, Arsinoe, I still can't believe you got accepted to the Academy." Arsinoe flipped her hair slightly. "I know!" To humans, the Academy was a prestigious school where only a few selected got to attend. It wasn't far from the truth, except without the part of it being a place for witches to train and study about the world around them. "Are there any cute boys at the academy?" "Some." Arsinoe teased, only to have the group laugh and smile. "Well I think we should get going. The movie is going to start in like, thirty minutes. You sure you don't want to come watch it with us?" Arsinoe raised her hand and shook her head. "I'm fine, but thank you for the offer. I actually have to start packing before the year starts. I want to make sure I have everything I need for when I go back, ya know." Arsinoe said. "Oh right, I forgot it's a boarding school." "Aw we're so going to miss you! You better text and call us from time to time ok? Bye bye!" Arsinoe waved as her friends walked away. Arsinoe paused for a moment. "(I wish I was human.)" She thought. Being human meant not having so much responsibilities, and being free to worry about being attacked or having to fight every day. But then that would mean she would be common, and that is one thing about being a witch that inticed her. She was unique. Looking down at her watch, she hummed to herself. "I think I still have a little bit of time before I'm called back home." Arsinoe muttered, walking around with grace following at her feet. Whether she was a witch or not, it was as if she was born to stand out from teh crowed, and that is what made her unique in both worlds.

Edited by Stardustblade358

Akame and Koyomi ate their pizzas, staring at each other competitively. "I want to go shopping." "No." "I'll buy you some cake." "Still not worth it." "We'll go to the maid cafe you like~" "I am not stepping one foot out of this house for the rest of my life." "Koyomi! We are going into town and that is final." "No way..." Akane smiled sweetly, with a hint of mischievousness, as she took her plate to the kitchen. "Awww~ And just after they installed that new arcade game in the shopping center. I bet someone really talented is bound to show up and beat any score that you can set." Koyomi suddenly held out his hand with all five fingers out stretched, a calm look upon his face. "We're leaving in five minutes." "I new you'd come around eventually." "This is just to prove a point. Once I get that high score, I'm coming right back." "Sure~ You can carry my shopping bags while you're at it." Koyomi walked back to his room, changing out of his shorts and shirt combo and into his usual outfit consisting of a dark shirt, a medium length jacket and a pair of dark jeans. He slipped on some gray shoes and exited his bed room, where Akane had been waiting patiently with a smile. "Let's go, little bro!" "Let's make this quick..."

Soon arriving in the shopping mall, Akane began laughing as Koyomi had fallen straight to the floor as soon as he entered the shade. "This is what you get for staying in doors every day." "No... I'm fine..." With a few drawn out breaths, Koyomi eventually recovered his strength, getting back on his feet. "Where's this arcade?" "It's just over there. Make sure to come and find me when you're done." Akane pointed over to a local arcade shop where a large group was gathering, which Koyomi found himself being drawn in by. "Yeah... I'll see you later." Walking over to the arcade store, the white haired boy could see that am arrogant man, who was roughly five years older than him, was boasting about how no one could defeat him in this new game. "Typical... I better put my public face on." Koyomi took a deep breath before starting to smirk, a look that would appear genuine to most but could be seen through if you had a keen eye. "Hey, hotshot! How about I take you on?" "You think you can? You're just some kid." Koyomi reached into his pocket and took out a roll of fifty dollar bills. "I bet you all of this that you can't even get half my score." "You're on kid!" Koyomi then smirked delightfully. "But if you lose, then you have to buy me anything I want, no matter the cost." "Fine by me! It's not like you could possibly win anyway." Koyomi then took a seat next to the arrogant youth. "So, what kind of game is this?" "You don't even know?" "Well, I'll figure it out as I go along." And without another second, the game began. Koyomi stared at the screen for less than a second, seeing the initial information that popped up on the board in front of him. It was a fighting game set in a three dimensional plain where characters would play as futuristic swordsmen. "Got it." Koyomi immediately grasped the controls, the smile on his face widening as the caption "Fight!" appeared on the screen. Without wasting a second, Koyomi tested each button to see what they did, mentally noting down everything he was observing, leaving his opponent to only laugh as Koyomi appeared as a noob. "He doesn't even know what he's doing. Here I'll give you a free hit." "No. You should come to me. If I rush you now, it'll be too boring." The youth ground his teeth in annoyance at Koyomi's defiant attitude, sending his character straight towards his opponents. But this is exactly what Koyomi wanted. "Checkmate!" Koyomi's character dodged the attack with extreme precision and began it's counter attack, chaining a 35 hit combo and eliminating almost all of his opponents health. "What the hell?!" "You're finished!" Koyomi input the commands that came up on screen and delivered the blow through the use of an Ultimate Move which only added insult to injury. "... No way... That fight only lasted ten seconds... And I lost to a noob..." The whole crowd of people were silent, in shock at Koyomi's magnificent skills. "Who the hell are you?" "Look me up." Koyomi got up and placed a piece of paper in front of the youth's screen, leaving the others to see the name he had left under the high score list. 'K - Ultimate Finish - Perfect Victory - 10.58 seconds'. The youth stared at the name in awe before picking up the piece of paper that Koyomi had left behind and reading the words "Buy me a new PC. Minimum price - $15,000. Mail it to 'K'. If you don't, I'll tell the local street thugs you owe money to where you live. See ya around.". The youth stared in shame, looking back as Koyomi had already fled from the scene. "That kid is going to be the death of me..."

After finding a safe distance from the arcade, Koyomi sat down in a food court while eating some Chinese takeaway with an unimpressed look on his face. "Just like I thought... It was boring. I should have just stayed at home." Koyomi watched, staring as ordinary people passed by. Humans. "(These creatures known as humans... They lead such boring lives. They're born. They grow. They learn. They get a job. They start a family. And then... they die. No matter where you look, everyone is the same... No one can see how boring humanity is... but me.)"

Edited by Oblivion 22

Kori boringly looked over at one of her dogs as it was sniffing a flower pot. "Come on boy. You seriously can't smell every flower in town can you?" The dog looked at her while wagging his tail. Kori sighed. "I need to befriend a Fauna Witch." Kori muttered. The headmaster at the academy was one, but it wasn't like she was aveliable to hang out. She was one of the busiest of all. Just as she got distracted, one of her dogs suddenly took off, the leash being pulled out of Kori's hand. "H-Hey! Come back!" Kori called, running after her pet while running along with the other two. Running to catch up was hard when you were doing your best to restrict your magic. If she ran at her fullest, she wouldn't have dogs anymore. Not live ones anyways. She hard a loud yelp and followed it, knowing her dog could be the cause. As suspected, her dog was over a girl, licking her all over, covering her in dog slobber. "EW EW EW OH MY GOSH GET THIS MUTT OFF MEEEE!!!" Kori stopped, seeing who the person was. "Well. Seems my dog has a liking for trash." Kori scoffed. The slobbered girl managed to push the dog off her before standing up. It was Arsinoe. "YOU! Figures this stupid mutt would belong to you out of all people!" Arsinoe hissed. Kori crossed her arms. "Now take this, thing away and be on your way, otherwise you'll be returning with a fried Siberian Husky for dinner!" "I dare you to say that again! You hurt my dog you'll be purple for a week, princess!" The two glared at each other, both growing as they were starting to lose their grip on hiding their magic. "Aw what a cutie~" A new voice interrupted them as they saw a familiar pink haired girl pet the siberian husky. She looked up and smiled at the girls. "Oh hey! Long time no see!" "Oh hey Rose." "UGH!" Arsinoe shook her head. "Now I'm with TWO losers! Could this day get any worse for me?!" And just by luck, Anubis walked out from the store, stepping right into the group. "...well ****."

Clapping sounded behind Koyomi. A lovely looking lady just around his age smiling right behind him. "I saw what you did back there. I'm impressed. No one has been able to stand up to him like that." She said, her voice charming like a melody. "Thank you for showing that guy what it means to taste defeat. My name is Alice. May I sit with you?" The girl asked, pulling a chair and sitting down. "The way you played though...it was unreal. Almost magical. I'm still in awe of the fact that it only lasted mere seconds."Alice said, obviously impressed.

---

AlicePosted Image

Koyomi's looked over curiously as he was suddenly disturbed from his inner most thoughts. He turned to find the Gothic dressed girl sat next to him with a smile on her face, Koyomi smirked. "It was nothing really. That guy wasn't even worth my time." Koyomi closed his eyes confidently, laughing a little to himself. However, Koyomi's facial expression and thought pattern were on completely different scales, like always "(There's something wrong with this girl... She appeared out of nowhere and is getting way too friendly with me for someone who I just met. Does she want money or want me to sign up for something? No... The chances of that are less than 20%. I'd say she thought I looked attractive and is trying to hit on me. The percentage of that is around 80% considering I'm wearing clean clothes and I've been told by Akane that girls would notice me more if I left my room... No, I'm losing track here. Think, what does she want?)" Koyomi extended his hand, waiting for Alice to shake it so that he may give her a proper introduction. "I'm Koyomi, it's nice to meet you." Koyomi took notice of every single facial alteration she made, ranging from the way her eyes moved to the way she moved her hands. "(She's not normal. Nine times out of ten a person would at least be a little nervous when meeting someone new, but she's not batting an eye lid. I wonder, could she be the 1% I've been looking for? No. That's absurd. I can clearly see that she's not as intelligent as I am, but something still seems off! What is it?! Figure it out! She's about to shake your hand damn it!)" Koyomi then gave the lightest of sighs to represent his internal conflict. "(... I can't see it. She's just a completely average and normal girl who appears to be in her late teens like me.)" Koyomi then looked around to see if anyone else, possibly Alice's friends if she had any, were watching him."So, what are you doing out here today? Shopping for the start of the new school year?"

It could be said that hell was broken loose. But it wasn't. Anubis had been to hell once. This was little compared to that place. Arsinoe was livid, not knowing if to be more angry at Kori or at Anubis. "YOU. You stay away from me! I still remember what you did last year!" Rose raised her hands. "Arsinoe, we all know that it's an accident." "Accident or not, Necromancy shouldn't be allowed to begin with. The fact that she summoned that in the school's GYM-" Arsinoe paused, glaring at Kori. "And the fact that you offered it to eat me!" Kori laughed. "If you were strong you wouldn't be as scared." "You were the one who's scared considering you screamed first!" Anubis rubbed her forehead. She didn't like Arsinoe to begin with. In every class they were together she would avoid her just because she was a Necromancer. This wasn't the only witch, most of the witches would do the same, with Necromancy having such a bad mouth around the supernatural community. Anubis paused, something striking her senses. She started to sniff the air, as if searching for a scent. Rose was trying to calm down Kori and Arsineo from killing each other before Arsinoe decided to critisize Arsinoe again. "Oh look, she's now a dog!" "Arsinoe-" "Demon." The three paused, all turning to Anubis, who looked at them with worried eyes. "I smell a demon."

Alice gave a nod. "Yes, somewhat. Not that I'm excited about it, school means homework, and homework means...boredom." Alice said as she tilted her head slightly to the side and then fixed herself up. "I started but after a while I got bored, so I came to the arcade and noticed what you did." Alice gave Koyomi a playful smirk. "Talking over it here isn't as much fun as I think it would be over a game. My hobby is to collect and restore old video game machines that arcades discard because they become out of fashion. After seeing how you did, I would be delighted if you would be the one to help me test them out." Alice asked, offering it. "The records of the machine still have the records of those who played before. Maybe you would like to add your name to them?"

Koyomi chuckled at Alice's attempts to get ready for school and smiled at her offer. "Sure. I'd love to set my record on something new." Koyomi got up on his feet and followed Alice. Yet again, Koyomi's brain was working on a way to deal with this girl. "(Okay, so the chances of her trying to seduce me are quite high. There are a few other possibilities... If she saw me with the money I placed as a bet for the arcade game, then she could be leading me into an ambush where I'll get robbed. Then again, I could also end up getting kidnapped or murdered as well. Either way, my day has turned out better than yesterday's. These humans who deny the law are clearly the most interesting, but by comparison to me, they're still boring.)" Koyomi stuck his hands in his pockets, closing his eyes in thought. "(I am not the one who is wrong in this world. What is wrong is the world I live in.)" Koyomi then opened his eyes as an idea popped into his head. "(The world... Is wrong?)" Koyomi's eyes widened very slightly before returning to their default position. "(Stupid! Stupid stupid stupid!! Why didn't I think of this earlier?!)" Koyomi's eyes darted left and right, searching for Akane without drawing Alice's attention. "(Every passing second, I realise more and more that this girl is completely normal, and that's exactly what's wrong! When did I start regarding other human beings as normal?! For me to call this girl normal would be to suggest that she's not boring. I have already deduced that humanity is boring, therefore... This girl is not human!)" Koyomi suddenly stopped walking and slapped himself in the face after a few seconds. He then continued walking as if nothing had happened. "(Okay, even for you Koyomi, that was ridiculous. If she wasn't human, then what would that make her exactly? A monster? An alien? A robot? Please! Stop wasting brain cells on possibilities that are less than 0.001% possible.)" Koyomi sighed. "Are we there yet? Because I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not exactly the strongest guy around you know."

Alice smiled. "Ah yes, right around here.” Alice said as they walked for a few minutes. Once they reached the outside part of the mall, around the gardens, Alice took note that there was no one around, and that its heavy forestry would provide enough cover. She stopped and turned to Koyomi with a smile. “Let’s take a break for a minute here. I don’t want you to get too exhausted.” Alice said as she waved slightly, getting closer to Koyomi. This was her chance. She pulled closer to Koyomi, as if going for a kiss. She opened her mouth, aiming Koyomi’s soul as she started to pretty much suck it out of his body with little contact. To Koyomi would feel as if he had ran out of oxygen. But the attempt didn’t last long. A thick layer of magic suddenly wrapped around Koyomi, severing the contact between Koyomi’s soul and Alice, Koyomi’s soul fully returning to its rightful place as a whole. Alice yelped in pain as she stumbled back, glaring at the sphere of magic that protected Koyomi. “What the-?!” Alice hissed, pausing before turning, blocking a powerful punch from Kori, whose force was so much it cracked the floor beneath them. “You’re outnumbered, demon.” Rose said as she walked right besides Koyomi, her staff in hand as its gem glowed, Rose focusing her magic to protect Koyomi. Alice jumped back from Kori, only to see Arsinoe walked up to her from the other side, her fans in her hands. From the other side, Anubis, holding her scythe. To a human, all of this would seem just like a violent encounter, however because of the magic surrounding Koyomi, it provided him a glass vision of the reality, being able to see Alice’s real demonic form that the girls saw, as well as the girl’s magic that emanated from them. “Even you…Necromancer you must understand that we demons must eat in order to get strong...” Alice said as if trying to comprehend. “I do understand, however, the souls of young are forbidden from taking." Alice seemed to scoff, as if expecting that answer. “What a cruel world.” Alice noted. “Peacefully accept the option of being sent to hell without having to fight.” Anubis said. Alice seemed to think about it. “It’s not much fun to just give in you know.” Alice said, glancing at Koyomi before winking at him. “Let’s put on a show, shall we?!” Alice asked before laughing, finally releasing her demonic aura. “See that, mutt? This is why we don't negotiate with demons!” Arsinoe hissed, criticizing Anubis as she went ahead and started to spin, her fans moving gracefully along with her body as spheres of fire started to be thrown at the demon. The fight had begun.

---

Alice's true formPosted Image

Koyomi watched as the situation in front of him unfolded, leaving his mind to go completely blank for exactly three seconds. "(... My deduction... was right...)" Koyomi's mind started to rack with ideas and possibilities, almost as if a glass ball that he referred to as 'reality' had been completely smashed open. "(There really was more to this world than just an ordinary life as a human.)" Koyomi's silence faded into a quiet laugh, one that grew to echo around the surrounding area. "(Girls wielding magic? Demons? Everything... Everything I thought was impossible just became possible.)" Koyomi's laughter suddenly stopping as a smirk was all that remained on his face. "I can see clearly now. Thank you Alice. Now, will you calmly go and die." The girls looked back at Koyomi for instance, thinking that he must be mad for accepting like this so quickly. It was then everything around Koyomi seemed to freeze, as if time itself had froze. He was then suddenly enshrouded by a bright light and the area around him began to fade into a white plain of nothingness. Koyomi remained quiet and waited patiently for some kind of event. "Koyomi Valentine." At the call of his name, which he himself had predicted, he turned around only to find a glowing white ball that was almost blinding to him. "It would seem that you are indeed more special than most humans, wouldn't you agree?" "Most? I think you mean all. There's no one out there I can possibly call my match." "Then prove it." "Exactly what are you tasking me with here? And who are you? What is this place?" "You should already know the answer to two of those questions." "True, but I've heard from 'certain people' that it's nice to ask for clarification before saying I know everything." The ball of light laughed. "Akane does have a very good concept on manners, you should look more into it. Anyway, as you may have already speculated, this is the divine realm and I, well let's just say I will be your guide that pushes you in the right direction." "Now for the question I don't know the answer to, what do I need to do?" Another laugh erupted from the pure white sphere. "Haven't you already answered that question?" Koyomi paused for a second before smirking. "Oh, so that's it." "Yes. Now, when you escape the battle, find your sister and ask for the 'Masamune'." Koyomi nodded and was immediately brought back to reality. "Everything is clear now. Demons plague the Earth and magic encompasses it in order to separate the human world from the world where these creatures exist. The world is protected by people who are capable of seeing these demons and are capable of using magic. From your wording, it would seem that even you 'Witches' cannot permanently kill a demon." Koyomi began laughing again, finding the whole situation amusing. "The dice are in my hands now, and I'm going to role two sixes. There may only be a one in thirty-six chance of me getting the numbers I want, but it's so much more fun playing against the odds." "Now you've really gone and done it this time, haven't you Koyomi. Not only are you having troubles with all these women, but now you've even gotten yourself mixed up in the demon world." Koyomi's eyes darted to his right to see Akane standing next to him with a sword in her hands. "So, you were one of them too, eh? I always knew there was something weird about you that I didn't understand." "We'll talk about this later, I have a job to do. Girls, stand back, leave this to a professional." Being 22 years old, Akane had already long since graduated from the Witch academy and thought to herself that she would appear as a role model for these younger generation Witches. Unsheathing her sword, Akane smirked at her opponent. "Demon, for devouring the souls of humans, I banish you back to the hell from which you came!" Within that instant, Akane reappeared behind Alice and, with a single wide slash from her blade, vanquished the Demon. "That's how it's done." Akane smiled back at her fellow Witches and gave them a salute. "As you were students." Akane then made a dash for the exit, dragging Koyomi away with her. "You really are the worst person to get mixed up in all of this. We're going home, now." Koyomi was still off in his own world, laughing to himself while bordering the lines of insanity. "My boredom has finally come to an end."

Edited by Oblivion 22

"Wait, I need some of its-" Anubis yelled, but it was too late as Akane had swiftly taken down the demon, sending it back to the depths of hell as it's body turned to nothing. "-...blood." Arsinoe said, groaning loudly in complaint as she let her arm drop along with her gaze. "I needed that blood." Anubis muttered in whimpers. Rose walked over to her and patted her back. "It's ok. Next time." Rose said gently. "Collecting the remains of your subjects?" Arsinoe sneered, receiving a glare from Kori. "Arsinoe..." Anubis quickly corrected the error. "No. I collect every blood of every demon I encounter in case we need to interrogate them for information long after they are banished.” Anubis explained. Arsinoe didn’t seem impressed. “So you’re communicating with them? You should be jailed for treason.” “The teachers authorize it!” “Calm the hell down, both of you. Otherwise I’m going to smack you two down.” Kori hissed. Rose thought. “I wonder what will happen to the human boy.” “Most likely will have his memory erased, or will be forced into a mental institution. All depends on what that witch was planning.” Kori guessed. Anubis turned, tilting her head. “That was a curious human though. To accept such truths…” “It shouldn’t involve him. If he wants to have any involvement, he might as well become a hunter and try. He won’t last a week.” With that, Arsinoe walked away. “Where are you going?” Rose asked. “Home, I need to pack my stuff. Hopefully I won’t be rooming with any of you losers!” Rose played with her feet. “Well…I think I better get going back to what I was doing…” “I need to find my dogs.” Anubis watched as the girls retreated back, not with much goodbyes. She sighed, looking down as she started to make her way home. “Goodbye, I’ll see you later, I guess…” Anubus muttered, not hoping for anyone to hear her. They were all friends, but at the same time, they were separate and competitors. Only the best of the best gained recognition, and each of them had their own reasons to fight for such honor.

A few hours had passed by and Akane was pacing back and forth in the living room of the Valentine household. "What if I..." "No." "But I could..." "No." "... Then how about..." "No! Koyomi, do you have any idea what you've gotten yourself involved with? This is a war fought between Witches and Demons that has lasted for thousands of years. You can't expect to come barging in and simply join in because you're bored!" Koyomi was led on the couch with his hands behind his head, a smirk still planted on his face since that afternoon. "You know that this is the game I've been looking forward to playing." Akane's fists tightened as she suddenly grabbed Koyomi by his collar. "This is not a game! Humanity is on the line and I've already seen many friends die. Do you really think I'm going to let you control this whole situation as if it were a game of chess? Get real!" Koyomi's grin had fallen, his expression becoming blank. He soon grabbed his sister's wrist, squeezing it until she let go. "I have four points that I wish to address to you. Firstly, I apologize for hurting your feelings. Secondly, do not talk down to me as if I am some ignorant child. Third, this is all a game whether you see it or not. And finally..." Koyomi's eyes narrowed darkly, sending shivers down Akane's spine. "Do not underestimate me, I never lose." Koyomi shoved his sister away from him, leaving her to stare at him. "(I've never seen him like this before. He's actually serious... But he still thinks of this as a game.)" Akane bit her lip before smirking. "I'll let you join the fight if you can land a single hit on me." "Child's play." Koyomi remained completely still, staring at Akane with a blank glance. "(He's physically weak, he always has been. He won't be able to land one hit on me even if I let him.)" Koyomi put his thumb over his index finger, clicking the finger. "Come on then." Akane narrowed her eyes, looking over Koyomi for a good place to hit him from, but before she had the chance she was suddenly met with a fist in her face. "(What the...?!)" Akane dodged to the left and found another fist waiting for her. Koyomi's hands were then caught by Akane's who was bewildered with his physical skills. "How are you doing this?!" "It's not special. I'm just throwing a punch. It's not any particular style or anything, I'm just aiming for where I know you're going to be." "You know how I'm going to move?" "No matter how slight, everyone gives away slight indications about what they're about to do. The trick is to spot how you're opponent is going to move before they know." "And the fist that came out of nowhere?" "I was following your gaze. The second you looked away from my hands, I threw a punch." Akane stared at Koyomi with wide eyes, in which he managed to land a light kick to her gut. "You lose." Akane was about to hold her stomach, but realized that she wasn't in pain. "It doesn't hurt." Koyomi then backed away and almost fell back onto the couch, coughing and breathing heavily. "You know me... I'm physically weak after all." "Hold on, I'll get you some water." Akane ran off and came back with a glass of water, Koyomi gulping it down immediately after receiving it. "Thanks." Akane sighed with a smile. "Maybe we could use someone like you." Koyomi smirked. "I knew you'd come around eventually. So, where do I go from here." "Well, you're a boy and can't use magic, but are capable of seeing Demons. That means the best place for you would be the Academy." "Academy? You mean the one where you trained to become a Witch?" "Yes. They have a Hunter program for males, so tomorrow I'll get in touch with the Principal about enrolling you." "Sounds good... I think I need to rest..." "Go ahead. Get some rest." Koyomi stood up weakly from the "exercise" he'd just gotten and was about to head to his room, but suddenly remembered something. "One more thing. I had a vision. A sphere of white told me to get something called the 'Masamune'. Just putting it out there, see ya." Koyomi retreated back to his dark room, leaving Akane to ponder her brother's last words. "The Masamune... If you of all people are asking for 'that' then god help us all." 

~Luna Has Joined the Chat~

~K Has Joined The Chat~

K: Yo. Something exciting happened today.

Luna: Really? You get a girl friend?

K: You think you're so funny. My world just got flipped upside down. I'm going back to school.

Luna: Okay, who are you? The world renowned 'K, the eternal NEET' would never say that.

K: Shut up. This is a different kind of school.

Luna: Care to elaborate.

K: I can't. I can tell you that I'll be entering 'The Academy'.

Luna: Now that's a shock, that's where I'm going.

K: Seriously? Then you must know about the... You know.

Luna: I've no idea what you're talking about. ;]

K: Right~...

Luna: If we're lucky, we can be in the same class together.

K: I don't even know what you look like.

Luna: And I've never seen you before either, but that'll make things more interesting, won't it?

K: I guess. I do have a question before I log off though. Do you know anything about Masamune?

Luna: Only what I've learnt in books and from internet sources. Supposedly, it's a cursed blade that has the ability to cut anything.

K: Anything? That's a little overpowered, don't you think?

Luna: But it is cursed. They say the user of the blade will have their soul split in half by the very same power that is granted to them.

K: I see... Well, that's all from me.

Luna: Guess we'll be meeting up for real soon. I'll see you around K.

K: Yeah, see you later Luna.

~K Has Left The Chat~

Luna: The Masamune eh? This is going to be interesting.

~Luna Has Left The Chat~

Edited by Oblivion 22

-THE NEXT DAY-

The grounds of the academy were mysterious and somewhat hidden. Only a road crossing through the forest led to it, beautiful decorated fences separating the property that stood right at the very edges of the land, deep within the forest. There the academy stood, standing right by a lake, looking rather normal...but that of course was a facade for any humans and unsuspecting demons. Using the invitations, the students walked right through the facade, to reveal the bridge leading to the hidden school. The Academy of Magic and the Supernatural. It was massive. upon a large lake stood the school on an island, along with all of its other facilities, including dorms, practice areas, sports facilities, and much more. Students walked across the bridge, some buses carrying students driving carefully past them into the property. One of the buses parked in its according spot before opening its doors, a dozen students stepping out of the bus. Every witch and hunter in the world was sent here to train, and learn their duties. It served as a school and a base for protecting the world. But it also made it a target for any supernatural creature with anything against witches. Anubis stepped out of the bus as she held her suitcase. It was yet another year for her. She wondered if maybe this time the students wouldn't be scared to team up with her from time to time. "Another year~" Anubis sighed, only to be patted on the shoulder by Rose. "Yup." Rose smiled, to which Anubis smiled back. "I hear we get to keep each of us our own dorm this year~ People can share dorms if they want though." Rose mentioned. "Knowing Arsinoe she's not going to share hers~" Anubis groaned. Arsinoe was an @$$ sometimes, and Kori's anger to her doesn't help. The principal of the school, principal Stratos watched the students with a smile. "I'm so happy to see the population of witches and hunters has grown compared to last year."Stratos said. "Yeah, but just barely."Professor Hanna, the main teacher for weaponry and self defense department, said as she stood next to Stratos. "Some families have been arranging engagements for their stingy witches. It is getting annoying." Hanna said. Startos thought. "I guess it can be a bit of a problem." Startos said, making point that she would have to look into it.

---

Facade of the academy:

Posted Image

Areal view of the academy's true form:

Posted Image

Principal Stratos:

Posted Image

Professor Hanna:

Posted Image

“Koyomi! Stop fidgeting!” “You don’t really expect me to wear this, do you?” “You’re going to one of the most private academies in the world and you were hoping that there wasn’t a uniform? Just, don’t act like yourself for the next ten minutes.” Koyomi’s voice trailed off into an inaudible mumble as the two approached the entrance to the academy. With Akane leading the way to the Principal’s office, Koyomi stuck his hands into the pockets of his brand new academy uniform which was mostly white and blue. Koyomi looked out a window and noticed that there were a bunch of students wearing their own clothes. “Great~ I get the feeling that the Witches get special privileges around here considering they’re allowed to wear whatever they want.” “As sharp as an arrow I see. Yes, only the Hunters are required to wear a uniform and as long as the girls dress reasonably smart or traditional, they can wear whatever they’d like. The uniform is there to establish discipline among the students so that everyone among the Hunters is regarded as equal.” “By that logic, the Witches should be arguing with each other all the time regarding which family is stronger.” “You’ve no idea…” Akane knocked on the door to the Principal’s office and awaited a reply. “Come in.” Walking into the room slowly, the two members of the Valentine family stood side by side as the Principal turned to them. “Hello Akane, it’s good to see you again. I see that the enigmatic brother you’ve always talked about has finally awakened the ability to see Demons.” “Looks like it!” Koyomi chirped while Akane elbowed him in the side, hinting for him to keep his mouth shut. The Principal approached the white haired youth, amused with his strange positivity towards the situation. “You do realise that the weak will not be tolerated at this Academy. If you fail to keep up, then you’ll have to go back to the home that you came from.” Koyomi let out a small laugh which made the Principal narrow her eyes at him. “Is there something funny about what I said Mr. Valentine?” “Well~ It’s just the fact that you should know beforehand that I’m not exactly the strongest guy around, but can compensate for it by being even smarter than you in quite literally every way and yet you still have the nerve to tell me that I’ll be kicked out if I can’t keep up with the requirements for the course… Just seems a little pointless to threaten your best student before he even starts studying, don’t you think?” The Principal smiled, not expecting the back talk from a boy who was still living at home. “Looks like the rumours I heard were true, you really are bored, aren’t you?” Koyomi’s grin faded into a blank expression, showing how he was genuinely feeling at that time. “Bored? You don’t know the meaning of the word. Sitting at a computer everyday while waiting for something different to happen to me is the most boring thing you can possibly experience.” “Then let’s start turning your life around, shall we?” The Principal smirked, handing over some documents to Koyomi. “Here are your class times and dorm room information, including an entire map of the campus. Welcome to Twilight Academy. Now, if you could just wait outside, I’d like to have a word in private with your sister.” “Hmmmm~… Okay. I’ll see you around.” Koyomi left and the Principal sat at her desk, looking up at her previous student. “Akane, about what you said yesterday, you’re sure that Koyomi was asking for the Masamune? They say that the only one capable of using that blade is the one chosen to free us from all of this. You really think that could be Koyomi? I mean, he has potential to surpass even some of the Witches who graduate, regardless of whether he develops magic or not, but to assume that he is the one capable of defeating Satan…” “I understand what you mean; it’s a bit far-fetched even for me… But for now, we should just keep an eye on him. If anyone is capable of making a difference in this fight, it’s him. I just hope he makes a difference in the right direction.”

Hunter Uniform

Posted Image

Professor Hanna walked past Koyomi on the way out. She took a glance at him before turning. "(New student? He doesn't look pretty fit.)" Hanna thought, deciding she would judge herself later on in one of her lessons. Hanna knocked on the door and took a step into the office. "Excuse me. I hope I'm not interrupting anything too important. But the girls are at it again." Hanna said, seemingly missing an arrow that hit the wall next to her, coming flying through the office's open window. Principal Stratos looked over at Akane with a smile and then turned to Hanna. "Let it happen." Principal Stratos said as she smirked from the window, looking down. "If Koyomi is who you think he is, Akane, we should allow him to be exposed to as much magic as he can. Maybe we will be able to trigger something." Principal Stratos said as she looked down at the groups. There were both Hunters and Witches. Some Witches were glaring at each other, having sharp discussions as their Hunter boyfriends kept them from clawing each others eyes out. Before the girls could go any further in their verbal fight, Anubis stepped in, raising something in her hand. "You dropped this." Anubis muttered, holding a hairpin that one of the girls had dropped. The four of them loset their colors. "T-T-T-" "Necromancer!" The two witches started to drag their boyfriends away, one of them quickly taking the hairpin with a thank you before being dragged away so. Anubis blinked and sighed, looking down. "I miss being normal already." Just a few feet away, the biggest rivalry of the school had already met in equal ground where there was no problem in showing off their problems. Kori and Arsinoe stood on opposite sides, each glaring the other. The two barely got along due to their contradicting personalities. Mix that with their family history, it was a ticking time bomb every time. Rose waved her hands. "Come on girls! This is the start of the new year! Are we really going to start it with a fight, AGAIN?!" Rose said as she waved her staff and arms. "Yes, if it means to shut the princess up." Kori hissed. "Trust me darling, we've been waiting way too long for this. We can't use our magic as we can here. We've been anxious since last school year!" Arsinoe said as she crossed her arm, quickly taking out one of her fans. The moment that happened, everyone else knew what was going to go down. "NOT AGAIN!" "DOWN, INTO THE BUILDING!" "OH SH*T OH SH*T." With a soft swing of her fan, fire went flying towards Kori such as if a dragon itself had attacked. Kori seemingly disappeared from sight just as the fire reached to her. It was just her speed. Arsinoe turned, giving a spin as she jumped to the side, just a mere second before Kori appeared above where she was, punching the floor where Arsinoe had stood. A giant crater was formed by the sheer force of the punch. Arsinoe slammed her fans against the ground, earth beneath her shattering as pieces of rock raised into the air with magic. With another wave, the rocks went flying at Kori, who dodged them with such a speed she wasn't visible by normal eyes. She punched right through the last one, blue aura showing off from her glove out of magic. Things were getting heated up. "Um, mam. There was a Hunter out in the hallway..." Hanna muttered. "Let it happen." The Principal said, as the next thing Koyomi knew, the walls crashed into pieces as someone was thrown right through it. Arsinoe. You could hear her complain as she stood up. She seemed unphased, however upon the notice of a single strain of her hair out of place, she had the wind surrounding her, and lightning crackling from her fan. "Have you any idea how long it took me to do my hair this morning?!" With out not even a glance at Koyomi, lightning went flying at Kori from Arsinoe's fan. Kori blocked with her gauntlets, the blast sending her back as her feet left marks on the ground. Rose groaned. "They're going to kill each other again!" As Kori jumped from her spot, rushing right to Arsinoe, the two girls were suddenly eaten, well, hafl eaten, more like their half upper bodies being covered by two bird heads eating them, slightly. Riding the two headed bird was Anubis, sitting on it rather gracefully. "Gandaberunda agrees that you two are being annoying for the first day of school." Anubis said, both Kori and Arsinoe freaking out over being covered in bird saliva.

After a minute or so of discussing, Akane finally emerged from the Principal’s office to find her brother sitting with his arms crossed, one leg over the other and his eyes closed while the walls around him had been completely blown apart. “What happened out here?” Koyomi slowly opened his eyes and got to his feet, straightening his shirt and coat. “I have absolutely no idea. Let’s just get going to my dorm room and then you can leave me to settle in and deal with all of the random stuff that keeps happening.” The two headed out of the corridor, walking around the grounds. “You sure you want me to leave so soon? You know you’ll actually have to talk to people if you plan to attend.” “Excuse me?” “Well, the Hunters’ half of the Academy is stricter than the Witches’ as it requires precision and absolute cooperation among students. That’s why they group Hunters up in pairs.” Koyomi groaned as he realised that he would have to be in the company of another breathing organism for the entirety of his time at Twilight Academy. “So, make sure you don’t scare away your partner on the first day, okay?” “Fine.” The two then stopped as they reached the main courtyard where hundreds of students could be seen either moving into their dorms or socialising. “… Koyomi, I know this is different from the last school you went to, but try to remember that everyone here is only human.” “I know, I’ll try not to break their spirit by forcing them into a corner they can’t fight their way out of.” “Good. Now, you go find your dorm room and you can move all of your stuff you need in slowly over the next week or so.” “Yeah, yeah. See you later.” Koyomi headed inside the building, following the map of the building which he had memorised during the time Akane was talking with the Principal and soon arrived at his dorm room. “413.” Koyomi opened the door with a key and found a boy with black hair lying down on one of the two beds in the room. “Hmm? Oh, you must be my new room mate, I was wondering when you’d show up. Everyone else has been getting chummy while I’ve been led here waiting to find out what kind of guy I’ll be partnered up with.” The dark haired young man stood up and approached Koyomi, extending his hand out for it to be shaken. “My name is Haru Nisshoku. It’s nice to meet you.” Koyomi hesitantly shook Haru’s hand and glanced over him. “Koyomi Valentine, Nice to meet you too.” Haru looked over at the window, noticing that the school ground looked particularly busy today. “Well, we’re going to be partnered up like this for the rest of the year, so we may as well use this opportunity to take a look around the campus and get to know each other at the same time, don’t you think?” “That’s fine by me.” Soon afterwards, the two students headed out into the grounds to explore their new home. Koyomi looked around again, seeing the destruction that was caused earlier. “(Maybe I can encounter some interesting people here at this academy after all… That is if they don’t blow everything up first.)”

--------------------------

Haru Nisshoku

Posted Image

Anubis had dismissed her summon as Arsinoe was devastated that her hair was messed up with creature saliva. Kori was displeased that he wasn't kicking Arsinoe's butt, Rose calming her down as Anubis watched with a smile. These four had always shared dorms, one way or another. As if doing it on purpose, this year Kori and Arsinoe were rooming together, much to everyone's dismay. Something about forcing them to get along with each other. Anubis was rooming with Rose, who's gentle nature made her able to handle Anubis' quirks and strange type of magic. Which included talking to dead people, most of the time, as students would come to her and ask to deliver messages to dead relatives. But that was something for later. The walls of the school magically fixed themselves up. With magic injected into the structure, with enough time, the damages would heal themselves and reform. Now they had to wait for the principal's speech for the year. Her eyes glancing over the wave of students, she noticed a particular one. Her eyes narrowed and then widened slightly. "It's...(It's that kid, from yesterday.)" Anubis thought, as Rose kept Kori and Arsinoe from fighting again, Anubis walked over to the boy. He was with another student. "(If he was a hunter why didn't he protect himself?)" It was strange. She walked right up to the boy and gently spoke up. She thought about saying hello or nice to meet you, but instead she said, "It's you."  She tilted her head and straightened up. "I hope you remember me, we met yesterday, sort of, you kind of got involved with that demon, and a fellow witch helped. If I knew you were a hunter, I wouldn't have interrupted..." Anubis said quickly realizing she was being rude. "Ah, I haven't introduced myself, have I? I'm Anubis Thanatos. I'm glad to see you're uninjured from yesterday's encounter." Anubis said with a smile, offering her hand for a shake.

"Huh?" Koyomi turned only slightly, keeping the majority of his body facing away from Anubis who was now preparing to shake his hand. "(The girl from yesterday...One of the Witches that were protecting me from the Demon before Akane arrived... I guess I should humour her for now.)" Koyomi turned to Anubis fully and shook her hand, a sweet and gentle smile appearing on his face. "Ahh, yes. I'm Koyomi Valentine. That Witch who appeared yesterday is my sister. She also said something about the Valentine family being made up of really powerful Witches and I shouldn't throw around the name too often." "Seriously? You're a Valentine and you don't even know what that means?" Koyomi looked back at Haru with a chuckle, shrugging a little. "(Fool. Of course I know what it means. The Valentine family is one of the founding Witch families from the days of old. There's not a single student attending this academy who doesn't know the name Valentine. Sis was right after all, the name does carry a lot of influence.)" Haru crossed his arms and stared at Koyomi. "Tell me, exactly how long have you known about all of this?" "Quite literally one day." Haru was stunned at Koyomi's reply, not expecting him to have only become a part of this war a day before reserving a space for himself at Twilight Academy. "Well. You have a lot of catching up to do." "Yeah, but I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle." Koyomi smirked, his true nature slipping through the cracks in his fake personality. "Don't underestimate me, I'll become the greatest graduate to have come out of this Academy." Haru laughed and started getting a little competitive. "You'll have to defeat me first." "Don't worry. Give me an entire week and I'll have left you in the dust. Anyway~..." Koyomi turned back to Anubis who had to bare witness the beginning of a new rivalry. "How come you're alone? Do you not have any friends to hang around with? Not even those girls from yesterday?"

Edited by Oblivion 22

Anubis tilted her head. "You're a Valentine?" Anubis asked in surprise. She's heard a lot of the Valentine. They're some of the strongest, and a very well respected family. Still-"(He doesn't look much of the part. I could totally be wrong about that though.)" Anubis thought as she thought about his question. "Friends, huh?" Anubis smiled a bit. "Can't say I have much friends. No one likes being around someone who speaks to the dead most of the time. As for the girls. I think Arsinoe is trying to not kill Kori.Those two don't get along very well. But I do have Rose!" Anubis said as she thought about what else to say, but before she could speak anymore, a large wind ended up pushing her out of the way, Arsinoe sliding into frame. "Did someone say Valentine? As in, the Valentine family?" Arsinoe said, her fan waving in front of her as she cleared her throat. "I never knew the Valentine family had a son in this generation. What a surprise, though whether you'll live up to the name of Valentine is yet to be determined." Arsinoe said as she went on to introduce herself. "I am Arsinoe Tamir of the Tamir family. I know, I'm amazing, control your nerves." Arsinoe said with a wink at Koyomi. "Maybe you and I should pair up in demon hunting? The Tamir and Valentine, it'd only make sense for us to work together." Arsinoe offered as Anubis stood up. "I was being his friend." Anubis muttered. Arsinoe glared. "Friends? If anything you're just another classmate we have to handle." Arsinoe turned to Kotomi and Haru. "You two should totally stay away from that one. She's the Necromancer from the Thanatos family and heavens knows if she's a traitor." "I'm not!" "You aren't making anymore enemies, are you, princess?" Just as suddenly, Kori wrapped her arms around Koyomi's and Haru's necks from behind, pulling them close. "Nice to meet ya, I'm Kori from the Camillia family. That cute chick over there is Rose." Kori said as she pointed at Rose. "Hi~" Kori looked over at Koyomi. "You're new right? Hope you have what it takes, it's going to be a long year." Suddenly there was silence, Principal Strega appearing in her balcony. "Welcome, everyone, to a new school year. I bravely welcome both Hunters, and Witches, that have taken it upon themselves to become the secret heroes of the world. As you know, being a witch is a heavy burden, being gifted magic that we can never get rid of, forced to fight this hidden war, but that we must fight proudly. Hunters, who have entered this world voluntarly, I thank you for your bravery, and I hope that you will learn as much as possible in your year here. But to all, I must remind you: you may be students, but you are also fighters, fighting to keep the mortal world safe from the evils of the supernatural. Many of you will survive the school year, many others...might not. As always one or two students are lost to this war, and with heavy hearts we move on. I wish you all well and good luck in this school year. Now, for another thing." Her eyes narrowed. "Demonic and Angelic activity have rose over the past break, and we fear that the numbers will increase. Therefor I will have to inform that Demon Hunting Activity will be increased to two nights per week. No one is to leave the school perimeters on Demon Hunting alone. There must be teams of two or more for your safety. Any suspicious activity must be reported! This year, the boy's dorms will be watched over by Mr.Akuma, the girl's dorms will be watched over by Ms.Hanna...that is all. Enjoy your day and we will see you tomorrow." With that, she disappeared.

As Principal Strega vanished, several ideas began to wander in and out of Koyomi's mind, but he directed his immediate attention back to the girls who had introduced themselves one by one. "(So, let's see here... We have a loner, a shy girl, a psychopath and a girl who was clearly spoiled rotten as a child... I'm really loving this academy already.)" Koyomi firstly turned his attention to the one who was doing most of the talking, using a very special thing that he had mastered over the years known as 'sarcasm'. "Me? Paired with you? What a wonderful idea!" Koyomi exclaimed with so much enthusiasm that it would look as if he were performing a show for infants. Very swiftly, he rolled his eyes at Arsinoe with a smirk and turned towards the other three girls with a smile. "Alright, here's what we're gonna do! Me and my room mate, Mr. Haru Nisshoku over there, are brand new students here and would love a tour of the Academy." With an insane amount of charisma behind him, Koyomi put his hand around Anubis' shoulder while pointing at Kori and Rose. "So, how about you two lovely ladies go with Haru while Anubis and I check out the sights. Sound good?" "Koyomi, this is a little..." "Great! Well, see ya later!" Koyomi then happily walked off with a very nervous looking Anubis. Haru turned back to Rose and Kori with a shrug and a smile. "Well, do you guys have anything better to do? I have some time to kill, so I don't mind hanging out if you guys are free." Haru then looked over at Arsinoe who seemed to be staring at thin air. "You know, I get the feeling that guy doesn't like you that much, just saying." Koyomi looked over his shoulder as he walked with Anubis. "(Good, getting rid of that annoyance was a good way to start the year. If I had waited any longer, I'm sure she would have done something ridiculous like falling in love with me... But there is a chance that she'll think I was just taunting her by playing the cool guy act, thus resulting in her falling for me harder. Or she might make me her rival or something. But a rivalry between a Witch and a Hunter is ridiculous enough as it is. Oh well, Now I just need to figure out this itch at the back of my head. It feels like I'm forgetting something.)" Koyomi suddenly stopped walking, looking back at Anubis who was being hopelessly led around by him as he thought to himself. "(... Oh. That's what I was forgetting.)" Koyomi then smiled at Anubis. "Hey, those girls back there seem like a lot of fun, huh? Well, except for that Tamir girl... But otherwise, lots of fun! You should become friends with them. No. Before that, become friends with me, okay?" Koyomi smiled, giving off an almost infinite atmosphere of positivity.

Akane watched over Koyomi as he began to interact with a few of the other students attending the Academy. From behind, Akane was then approached by a cloaked figure who had a feminine voice. "Looks like he's settling in pretty well." "Quite flirtatious. Is this really the same kid you mentioned to me before?" "Trust me, you may think he's serious, but everything you see right now is a facade. The real Koyomi isn't someone who is held back by emotion." "That's just a little sad, don't you think?" "Yeah..." Akane then turned away from her brother and the large crowd of new students and walked away with the cloaked figure she had been talking to. "Let's get back to work. A Witches job is never over after all." "Well, looks like that's one thing that we can agree on. Let's go!" And without another word, the two disappeared into the wind.

Edited by Oblivion 22

It didn't take much for Arsinoe to snap at Haru. "THEN IT'S HIS LOSS!" Just as quick Arsinoe calmed down and watched as Anubis and Koyomi walked away. "No one ignores me like that...Valentine or not." Arsinoe hissed, fire seemingly surrounding her out of an emotional response. Rose whimpered. "Oh no and it's only the first day of school!" Rose whined. Kori chuckled as she rested an arm on Haru's shoulder. "Better tell Koyomi he just made his first enemy of the year." Kori said as she turned to Haru. "On another hand," Her grip on Haru tightened. "How about you help us, Haru? We have some magic spells to try out and we need a subject that can't use magic back." Rose seemingly grabbed Haru's free arm. "Yes, I want to see if I am able to inflict the common cold, or something stronger on someone's immune system~" Even Rose, with her innocent smile, said with curiosity in her voice. Arsinoe cracked her knuckles. "Now that I think about it, I need a punching bag." Just like that, the three witches turned to Haru, slowly surrounding him like hunters upon a prey. "Haru~"

Anubis blinked a few times. "...friends...with you?" At first she seemed unsure, but feeling such aura of positivity surging from him, she slowly smiled, and almost seemed teary eyed. "You'd be friends...with me? Even if I'm a Necromancer?" Anubis asked, wanting reassurance. She never really had anyone asked her to become her friend. She only happened to hang out with the girls because they had the same classes together for a couple of years now...this was a first. "WHA!" Anubis wrapped her arms around Koyomi. "You're so kind! Everyone's usually so afraid I'm going to end up attracting demons to them they stay a distance from me and you're willing to become my friend?! You're so kind!!!" Anubis said dramatically as she shook Koyomi around with a smile on her face. "Yes! Friends! That sounds fantastic! We can talk to dead people, and study for classes, and hang out at lunch, and ride on summons! I promise I won't be a boring friend!" It was settled, in Anubis' mind anyways. And she wasn't going to let go. She had a friend, and that friend was Koyomi. "You want to know more about the school, right? Let me show you around the facilities!" Anubis said gleefully as she grabbed Koyomi by his wrist and dragged him away. "Over there are the dorms, the Witches' dorms and the Hunters' dorms are settled in opposite directions on their side of the property to avoid any conflicts or ideas of sneaking into the opposite dorm. The arena facilities are this way, and they're huge! We have all types of equipment and even target practice. The greenhouse is this way...~"

Haru took a step back in order to maintain a steady position from the oncoming threat. When you have three teen aged Witches coming towards you all at the same time, it's not surprising that Haru was feeling a little nervous. In order to regain his composure, he cleared his throat and stood up straight, appearing as the ideal student that he had been introduced as. "Okay, I'm afraid that we have a few problems with all of your requests. To begin with, most Hunters are immune to simple colds or flues due to our strengthened Immune Systems. Also, attempting to hit me with any spells or other types of magic shouldn't work thanks to my enhanced Hunter reflexes and speed. Finally, I wouldn't make much of a punching bag because of my initial Hunter training from when I was young. We were trained to defend against all enemy attacks on instinct, so I can't let you hit me even if I wanted you to." Haru stared at the three girls as they were still hanging onto him. His face fell into a not-so-amused expression when he didn't even have enough space to breathe. "One more thing. Some people might view this as sexual harassment."

Koyomi walked around with Anubis, a smile on his face as she showed where everything was. However, Koyomi was thinking of something completely different and was just barely saving enough energy for him to remain convincing to Anubis. Instead, he was focusing on the number one thing that had caught his ear back since they left Arsinoe and the others. "(A Necromancer... Well, now I can understand why she is unpopular. In order to communicate with the dead, she probably has to perform some kind of ritual and that might cause the other students to fear her. Then again, others might think of Demons as those who are dead, and therefore would think that she is a traitor of some kind. Regardless, it's an interesting power that I might be able to use to my advantage someday.)" Koyomi then began looking around and noticed a certain trend occurring. "Hey, is it normal for Witches and Hunters to fall in love? Seems like there are couples everywhere. People might think that we're one from the way I've been walking with my arm around you." Koyomi smiled and gave a small laugh, waiting for Anubis' reaction which was sure to be priceless.

Edited by Oblivion 22

The three girls stared at Haru with no amusement in their faces. “…Kori. For once agree with me and beat him up. I have a feeling this Hunter thinks he’s higher status than us.” Arsinoe said as she waved her fan in front of her gently. Rose hummed. “But I need to practice how to cause the Black Death upon mortals, and I don’t want to practice on the bunnies! Poor bunnies…” Rose hummed disappointed, looking away looking rather sad. The next sound they heard was the hum of Kori’s gauntlets, aura surrounding her arms and legs as she never left her gaze from Haru. “Can’t land a hit on you, huh? I do love challenges.” Kori said with a smile, and if there was something that everyone knew, it was that Kori had yet to lose a fight since enrolling into the academy. Kori didn’t even wait, for Haru to get ready, throwing a punch as Rose watched, Arsinoe looking to the distance as if thinking of something else.

Anubis nodded. “Yes, there’s a lot of couples. Many witches and hunters are entered into the academy since a very young age, and spend most of their life in here. It’s not surprising that relationships bloom here and there. Though it isn’t a work of a spirit of love. They can’t live in here due to the barrier.” Anubis said before adding. “It is the most normal for Witches to marry Hunters, too. To marry a normal human would be a difficult decision due to them being oblivious of the whole demons and witches things.” Anubis tilted her head to the side as she listened to Koyomi. At his mention of people thinking that they might be a couple, her face flushed as red as a fresh strawberry. “Gaw…us…a couple…?” Anubis stammered, her voice barely hearable. Boyfriend. Girlfriend. Boyfriend. Girlfriend. Boyfriend. Girlfriend. It was difficult as it was to keep people from running away due to her antics and magic, having a boyfriend sounded...out of this world. The world seemed to spin as Anubis seemingly let herself rest against Koyomi, this lasted for about thirty seconds only to instantly grab him by the arm and fling him over onto the ground with a surprising force. Afterwards she gasped. “I’m so sorry I didn’t mean it, are you alright?!” You'd think as she stepped forward to help him it'd get better, but as she did she tripped on her own footing, landing face first against and over Koyomi.

Haru panicked slightly as he found a fist coming straight towards him, causing him to instinctively block it with one of his hands. "Stop! I don't want to fight! Calm down!" Unfortunately, it would seem that Kori had completely lost her temper as she would not heed to Haru's request. The young Hunter continued to defend and dodge all of Kori's attacks before simply jumping back out of the hot headed girl's range. At that time, Haru heard the sound of a large bell and realised that it was time for the Hunter's initial examination. Biting his lip slightly, Haru devised a plan to singlehandedly stop Kori in her tracks. As soon as Kori ran towards him for another attack, Haru dodged around her and threw what seemed to be a small paper airplane at her head. Distracting the girl with the paper, Haru made a run for it, stopping only for a brief second to hand over small pieces of paper to both Arsinoe and Rose. "Gotta run. See ya later." Haru then ran as fast as he could before Kori had a chance to beat him to death. All three girls looked at their pieces of paper to find Haru's name with a phone number underneath. "This new year is going to be fun."

"(This year is going to be awful.)" Koyomi had somehow found himself led on the floor with a cute girl on top of him and realised that he was actually unable to breath. "(Judging from the amount of time I can hold my breath. I have about another minute before I lose consciousness. Great, a perfect way to start my life as a hunter. What kind of strength was that anyway? I'm aware she's a Witch, but she should still be human, right? If that's what a Witch is like, then the Hunters who attend here must be insane. Even worse than that Japanese Bartender from the light novel I read once.)" Koyomi looked up at Anubis who had landed on top of him and covered his mouth before coughing. "I know you're not that heavy, but you're still crushing me..." Koyomi looked around to find that they were beginning to gather a crowd, when all of a sudden a bell was being sounded. "(Great~ That's the bell for the Hunter exam. That's going to be fun...)" Koyomi began to sit up slowly, his head starting to get dizzy as he began breathing again. "(Three seconds to recover, five seconds to get up onto my feet. Ten seconds to explain to Anubis that I have to go. Five seconds to tell her I'll meet up with her later. Two minutes to reach the correct building. One minute to mentally prepare for the exam. The next three hours will contain the physical, mental and psychological exams for the Hunters. After that, I believe we will be assigned to our class tiers. The better you do in the exam, the higher the tier you will be put in to. Okay, go.)" Haru managed to get to his feet and help up Anubis afterwards. "I'm okay, really. I have to get going to the Hunter exam, I need to make sure I have enough time to prepare myself. Anyway, I'll see you later, okay? Bye!" Koyomi gave an innocent smile and began walking at a fast pace in the direction of the Hunter building. While on his way there, he reunited with Haru. "Looks like you managed to get out alive. Although, you look a little roughed up." "I can say the same about you. Did you get into a fight?" "Something like that." Koyomi chuckled a little and the two entered the Hunters main building. "How hard do you think the test will be?" "That depends on how much you've prepared for it. I've been training my whole life, meanwhile, you've only found out about all of this yesterday. You see what I mean?" "So you're confident you'll pass?" "Maybe a little." "In that case, I'll make sure to get through too." Haru smirked at Koyomi. "It's not going to be easy you know. You don't exactly look like you're in the greatest of shape either." Koyomi smiled back with a mischievous intent. "Don't underestimate me. This is just another game for me to beat." "Then let's get this party started already!"

Edited by Oblivion 22