Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already, and with my poor memory I can't remember if I've asked myself or not, but...

Birth By Sleep. Donald and Goofy are both seen at the Mysterious Tower. So, in other words, in past events, Donald has been there, and Donald has had to have acknowledged that Master Yen Sid resides in that Tower.  

So why is it, that in the events of KH2, that Donald acts completely surprised when he finds out from Pete that Yen Sid lives there? As if it was the first time ever hearing such a thing, like he's never known before? 

EXPLAIN THIS. 

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already, and with my poor memory I can't remember if I've asked myself or not, but...Birth By Sleep. Donald and Goofy are both seen at the Mysterious Tower. So, in other words, in past events, Donald has been there, and Donald has had to have acknowledged that Master Yen Sid resides in that Tower. So why is it, that in the events of KH2, that Donald acts completely surprised when he finds out from Pete that Yen Sid lives there? As if it was the first time ever hearing such a thing, like he's never known before? EXPLAIN THIS.

Basically BBS is a plot hole vortex that sucks KH2 in it, as well as any logic created by it. Same with KH1, since apparently Ventus is the only reason now that Sora could use the Keyblade back in one before he grew in strength. Edited by Guest

When a series doesn't go in a complete order, things get messed up and things have plot holes all over the place. Even if the company tries to explain things, things still get confused and things previously done in a sequel can be outdated by a prequel. That just how things are with these types of games and movies, because if a prequel comes out after the sequel, the story hasn't been worked on for the prequel, so this is just a plot hole and nothing more. Best not to think about it fully.

Maybe he didn't know the tower was so close to Twilight Town and it was actually the latter that he was referring to when he said "here"?

As a person who enjoys specifics, I very much like what you've pointed out, here. 

In case you haven't noticed, Donald is kind of dumb. 

Which is a big statement, out of the three we know. xD

Thank you one and all for your replies! 

The entire series is pretty much one big web of plot holes and time paradoxes at this point. It's best not to question it.

It happened from making the prequel after the "later" games in terms of the time line.  Mistakes happen.  Similar to how Sora's called the Keyblade Master in KH1 when BBS retconned that's a title you need to earn not one you just get for having a keyblade.  Yet they didn't fix that in the ReMix >.>

Basically BBS is a plot hole vortex that sucks KH2 in it, as well as any logic created by it. Same with KH1, since apparently Ventus is the only reason now that Sora could use the Keyblade back in one before he grew in strength.

Ventus has nothing to do with Sora being Keyblade Wielder, btw.

Ventus has nothing to do with Sora being Keyblade Wielder, btw.

Not according to interviews with Nomura. Apparently Sora was too weak back then, according to him.

Not according to interviews with Nomura. Apparently Sora was too weak back then, according to him.

Source, please?

All I know is that Sora was chosen by the Keyblade.

Yeah, that's one of the more confusing ones. I like to think of it as some combination of Yen Sid's tower island basically being able to hop through time and space (and thus always looks "different" every time) and Donald not actually having stepped foot outside the tower. If you think about it, Sora exited in his Gummi Ship from Yen Sid's window, so maybe Donald and co. were transported directly into the study (and then directly exited from there too).

It happened from making the prequel after the "later" games in terms of the time line.  Mistakes happen.  Similar to how Sora's called the Keyblade Master in KH1 when BBS retconned that's a title you need to earn not one you just get for having a keyblade.  Yet they didn't fix that in the ReMix >.>

One of my problems with the ReMixes is that they easily could have easily fixed many little errors like that.

Source, please?All I know is that Sora was chosen by the Keyblade.

Actually, after re-reading the article, tusk out I was wrong. However it is the explination for his abilities in Dual Wielding still and I misinterpreted it. Pardon me

Actually, after re-reading the article, tusk out I was wrong. However it is the explination for his abilities in Dual Wielding still and I misinterpreted it. Pardon me

Making mistakes is only human, I understand :D