Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Forever

Some Questions about KH As A Whole?

Now, I know what you’re probably thinking: “Pandy? Really? Another post??” But have no worries, kids! I’ll make this inquiry as snappy as possible. (No promises, though…..)

Okay, so here’s the thing: we all know that according to the legend told by Kairi’s grandmother, all of the Worlds were once connected, and everyone lived happily in the Light, right? But, uh...one question…

How did that work?

Imagine: an entire world  filled with unbelievable diversity...human beings with unexplained accents conversing with talking lions of the Savanna on a daily basis….. Would it be offensive to have a pet, considering the fact that your neighbor might be a talking mouse or duck? Are there such things as nations? Was Mulan’s world once just a random Great Wall 10 miles from Twilight Town? What about rulers and kings? How much territory did the Disney Kingdom cover? How much territory did the Ansem’s Kingdom cover? When things started getting bad, did the kingdom of Cinderella’s World ever threaten to rage war against the Empire of Mulan’s World?? Did the mer-people get a say in any of this? Sometimes people die in Kingdom Hearts, but apparently they can come back….did that work for ALL people back then? Did some people just die normally and go to heaven? Prayer has been mentioned a few times in this series, and in De la Cloches you have Frollo quoting the Bible, so is there a Jesus? And if so, does that mean people in this universe can go to Hell? And if that’s the case, which hell do they go to?? Auron went to Hades’ Hell, so would a really really bad person like Xehanort go to Chernabog’s Hell? Granted that might be a little worse, considering you’d have enormous demon sitting on you for all eternity, but that’s besides the point. I still firmly believe that people  get reincarnated in the KH universe, but would it work for everyone, or just for the people it pertains to?

Also,  How did/ do genetics work? Ancestry? Are there actual nationalities, or are you identified solely by which town you came from?

Example:

“Ah! A pleasure to meet you, my dear. Where are you from?

"Oh, I’m from Radiant Garden! "

"Really now? Has your family always lived there?"

“Well, we actually migrated from Nebelheim, but our friends from the lovely city of Shibuya were able to help us acquire citizenship! My uncle was a fisherman in Neverland, but was sadly eaten by Monstro. It’s been a struggle, but ….I think we are finally moving on!”

“Ah, I see! And what would explain your British accent? Was there ever a point in your life that you lived in Great Britain?”

“Great Britain?? What’s a Great Britain?? It’s natural for half of our citizens to speak this way. You can’t blame genetics! I got this accent from my mother’s side.”

“Ah! Very good, very good…”

You see what I mean? We know that Europe and China exist, due to the presence of Peter Pan and Mulan’s worlds, but what about other countries and provinces? Did they not exist, or did they exist, but alongside the other various worlds? Where would alien Worlds fit into the mix? (Such as the ones located in Deep Space/ Stitches realm?)  And if each star is really another World, then where are the real stars? Are there such thing as real stars? Does each World have it’s own sun? How about galaxy? Also, a part of what country would Destiny Islands be considered? Radiant Garden? Twilight Town? Are they their own provinces? And which was the preferred method of travel? Did most people drive automobiles, ride animals, or other methods? (such as transformed Keyblades)

How about education? And speaking of which, how would education work now?  Do Math and Business studies include the economics of Munny? What about when all the Worlds were one, did they use Munny, or some other form of currency? Does Science class include the basics of cloning, and how to properly create life from the memories of a human being? Is there an English class? Japaneses class? What’s the basic language now? What was the basic language when the Worlds were one? Was there a universal language?

And one more thing: Destiny Islands is a tiny world. If there is very rarely newcomers and such...wouldn’t that create a deficiency of citizens who AREN’T related? Imagine….about 50 of the same folks living on a single island…...there has GOT  to be some crossing of family ties going on here. Is it too far-fetched to say that Riku and Sora are distant cousins? And if so, wouldn’t Kairi have an even greater purpose, considering she’s from a completely different place, and would NOT risk upsetting the gene pool, or contribute to the inbreeding?

Just some things I was curious about. Feel free to share your thoughts! :)

well then.......idk ur overthinking it. i mean theres no way for us to know exactly how it worked out

Now, I know what you’re probably thinking: “Pandy? Really? Another post??” But have no worries, kids! I’ll make this inquiry as snappy as possible. (No promises, though…..)

Okay, so here’s the thing: we all know that according to the legend told by Kairi’s grandmother, all of the Worlds were once connected, and everyone lived happily in the Light, right? But, uh...one question…

How did that work?

Imagine: an entire world  filled with unbelievable diversity...human beings with unexplained accents conversing with talking lions of the Savanna on a daily basis….. Would it be offensive to have a pet, considering the fact that your neighbor might be a talking mouse or duck? Are there such things as nations? Was Mulan’s world once just a random Great Wall 10 miles from Twilight Town? What about rulers and kings? How much territory did the Disney Kingdom cover? How much territory did the Ansem’s Kingdom cover? When things started getting bad, did the kingdom of Cinderella’s World ever threaten to rage war against the Empire of Mulan’s World?? Did the mer-people get a say in any of this? Sometimes people die in Kingdom Hearts, but apparently they can come back….did that work for ALL people back then? Did some people just die normally and go to heaven? Prayer has been mentioned a few times in this series, and in De la Cloches you have Frollo quoting the Bible, so is there a Jesus? And if so, does that mean people in this universe can go to Hell? And if that’s the case, which hell do they go to?? Auron went to Hades’ Hell, so would a really really bad person like Xehanort go to Chernabog’s Hell? Granted that might be a little worse, considering you’d have enormous demon sitting on you for all eternity, but that’s besides the point. I still firmly believe that people  get reincarnated in the KH universe, but would it work for everyone, or just for the people it pertains to?

Also,  How did/ do genetics work? Ancestry? Are there actual nationalities, or are you identified solely by which town you came from?

Example:

“Well, we actually migrated from Nebelheim, but our friends from the lovely city of Shibuya were able to help us acquire citizenship! My uncle was a fisherman in Neverland, but was sadly eaten by Monstro. It’s been a struggle, but ….I think we are finally moving on!”

“Ah, I see! And what would explain your British accent? Was there ever a point in your life that you lived in Great Britain?”

“Great Britain?? What’s a Great Britain?? It’s natural for half of our citizens to speak this way. You can’t blame genetics! I got this accent from my mother’s side.”

You see what I mean? We know that Europe and China exist, due to the presence of Peter Pan and Mulan’s worlds, but what about other countries and provinces? Did they not exist, or did they exist, but alongside the other various worlds? Where would alien Worlds fit into the mix? (Such as the ones located in Deep Space/ Stitches realm?)  And if each star is really another World, then where are the real stars? Are there such thing as real stars? Does each World have it’s own sun? How about galaxy? Also, a part of what country would Destiny Islands be considered? Radiant Garden? Twilight Town? Are they their own provinces? And which was the preferred method of travel? Did most people drive automobiles, ride animals, or other methods? (such as transformed Keyblades)

How about education? And speaking of which, how would education work now?  Do Math and Business studies include the economics of Munny? What about when all the Worlds were one, did they use Munny, or some other form of currency? Does Science class include the basics of cloning, and how to properly create life from the memories of a human being? Is there an English class? Japaneses class? What’s the basic language now? What was the basic language when the Worlds were one? Was there a universal language?

And one more thing: Destiny Islands is a tiny world. If there is very rarely newcomers and such...wouldn’t that create a deficiency of citizens who AREN’T related? Imagine….about 50 of the same folks living on a single island…...there has GOT  to be some crossing of family ties going on here. Is it too far-fetched to say that Riku and Sora are distant cousins? And if so, wouldn’t Kairi have an even greater purpose, considering she’s from a completely different place, and would NOT risk upsetting the gene pool, or contribute to the inbreeding?

I always took that story pretty lightly. I mean it comes off as a vague and generic explanation for the origin of the worlds to me. Isn't just considered to be like a fairy tale in-universe? It's probably not meant to be taken literally. The worlds could have been united in other ways. The barriers between them might have just not existed or something.

How did that work?

Example:

It's not that they where physically one world, it's more like the the walls currently surrounding the worlds weren't there so people could travel between the freely, without the need for Keyblades or gummi ships. That's what i think anyway.

It's not that they where physically one world, it's more like the the walls currently surrounding the worlds weren't there so people could travel between the freely, without the need for Keyblades or gummi ships. That's what i think anyway.

Ah! That makes more sense....

But-

How did they do that? o_o

But-

Another method of space travel was likely commonplace. Think of it this way, on Earth there are different countries, sometimes they fight, sometimes they support each other through trade but travel between them is mostly a simple matter. For example to get to England from America you just need to take a boat or a plane. I think that back then, each world was like the a country, with it's own rules and customs that visitor's would need to respected, and The Ways Between/ the Ocean of Stars/ whatever you want to call it, was no more a barrier than the ocean is IRL.Since that World was completely obliterated and the walls put up after the Keyblade War, it makes since that some knowledge, namely how the words communicated, would be lost to the current World. Remember, the transit System Scrooge was helping Mickey set up? Something like that may have existed then.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Ah..yeah you are thinking of this too literally. It wasnt ONE physical world. As for travel i cant say for sure. I think that part is still a bit of a mystery unless there used to be things called Corridors of Light for easy travel the same as there are Corridors of Darkness currently.

But-

Well, Keyblades were a common thing, weren't they? What's one thing a Keyblade can do?

*hint hint*

Posted Image

Edited by Kaweebo

Yeah I agree. Though they probably didn't give it as much thought. I think "Everyone lived in the light" just means something like things weren't as shit then as they are now.

Well, Keyblades were a common thing, weren't they? What's one thing a Keyblade can do?

*hint hint*

Posted Image

They may not have been as common as we think. Sure there many have been thousands of wielders, but that's's among likely trillions of people or more. Even if there where more than thousands, what if each World only had one Keyblade Master, who had a few students? The students would complete their training, take the MoM exam, then one would be name "successor" to his/her master and and Master would then retire? The other student woudl then go off and try to find their place in the world. That seems to be the way things worked in Xehanort's and Eraqus' student days after all.

I know about the Unions in Chi which seems to contradict this, But what if the Unions where only a recent thing created in response to the impending war?

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

*hint hint*

Posted Image

Heh, I know, I know, and I mentioned these thingies up there....but how would a lion have driven one of these? Know what I'm saying, hon?

Another method of space travel was likely commonplace. Think of it this way, on Earth there are different countries, sometimes they fight, sometimes they support each other through trade but travel between them is mostly a simple matter. For example to get to England from America you just need to take a boat or a plane. I think that back then, each world was like the a country, with it's own rules and customs that visitor's would need to respected, and The Ways Between/ the Ocean of Stars/ whatever you want to call it, was no more a barrier than the ocean is IRL.

Since that World was completely obliterated and the walls put up after the Keyblade War, it makes since that some knowledge, namely how the words communicated, would be lost to the current World. Remember, the transit System Scrooge was helping Mickey set up? Something like that may have existed then.

And darn, that actually makes sense....still separated, but the sky was the ocean instead.....Still wondering how some species would have traveled, but.....yeah I could see that.

Concerning everyone living in the light:

I was always under the impression that the various different cultures and existences that we know now as the different worlds didn't exist at first, and that they didn't start creating their own varying realities until after they were separated from one another by the Darkness. Regardless, as far as diversity and acceptance inside of the original world of Light goes, I would expect that everyone was, in fact, very tolerant of one another. Because to be otherwise would imply hate, suspiciousness, paranoia, and judgement, which would essentially be what the Darkness stands for. The Light was all about people being happy together, until greed and disdain for one another began to set in.

Regarding the education system: the fact that everyone speaks the same language is the same reason why everyone in Star Trek speaks the same language on different planets: it allows characters to actually interact with one another without having the same rigmaroll of having to open up a translation book at the start of every world. Heck, if you wanted to argue it, you could say that Donald's magic allows you to speak different languages depending on what world you go to. It's mostly just a practical application for the sake of gameplay, and doesn't warrant too much thought as to how it would work in real life. The same thing with munny. If Link can become a billionaire in Zelda games just by cutting grass, and yet somehow the Hyrule economy doesn't collapse, then it pretty much is the same for game across the board. 

Regarding the potential in-breeding on Destiny Islands and other such worlds: keep in mind that the worlds aren't necessarily limited to just the handful of rooms that we are permitted to visit. I would imagine they are much larger in some ways, considering that the Emperor of China surely isn't just Emperor of a mountain and one town. Destiny Islands isn't likely to be just one island, and even then, that one island is necessarily really, really small.

Heh, I know, I know, and I mentioned these thingies up there....but how would a lion have driven one of these? Know what I'm saying, hon?

And darn, that actually makes sense....still separated, but the sky was the ocean instead.....Still wondering how some species would have traveled, but.....yeah I could see that.

Like what species? Lions? Like from Prideland?You seem to be assuming that the same worlds that exist now existed then. This is not true. Ephemera flat out says that the Disney worlds we go to in Chi don't even  exist yet. It's possible no Disney worlds did and that there was a completely different set of worlds. Notice how we never go to FF worlds despite the fact that FF characters clearly exist? What if that's because they where all wiped out in the Keyblade war? What if, back then, only FF worlds and original worlds existed? Both of those types of worlds tend to by largely populated by humans or other bipedal sentient races. This is all baseless speculation, bat isn't that the kind that's the most fun?

Like what species? Lions? Like from Prideland?

You seem to be assuming that the same worlds that exist now existed then. This is not true. Ephemera flat out says that the Disney worlds we go to in Chi don't even  exist yet. It's possible no Disney worlds did and that there was a completely different set of worlds. Notice how we never go to FF worlds despite the fact that FF characters clearly exist? What if that's because they where all wiped out in the Keyblade war? What if, back then, only FF worlds and original worlds existed? Both of those types of worlds tend to by largely populated by humans or other bipedal sentient races. This is all baseless speculation, bat isn't that the kind that's the most fun?

True.....speculation is kinda the fun of it. xD

Alright, alright, oh wise one, you win this round.  I think I have an idea of things now. ;)

That religion, tho....