Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Azure Flame

The Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition (Interest Check)

Just got back into playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward again after beating the game a long time ago, and then this idea just formed in my head.  Just a note first though, the RP will be based off of the game, but won't be of the actual game.  It'll be 9 OC's with possible similar problems depending on the choices they make.  The motives behind the game will be different as well, though I'm not currently sure what they are yet.  Also, there won't be any jumping around between timelines, like in the game.

I'm also thinking of leaving out the puzzles, for two reasons.  First, it'll probably take a long time with each group of three trying to solve individual puzzles, and if one team figures it out first, they have to wait for the others.  And second, it'd be difficult to do in the form of an RP.  If anything, there'll probably just be dialog about the room, and possibly finding something interesting in there.

I want to try and limit one character per person, as sometimes I have trouble following when people have several different characters.  However, if we don't get the required 9 people, then I will permit multiple characters.  Because there MUST be 9 characters for the RP to work.  I will use a randomizer for the colors and pairings each round.  Also, because of the nature of the game, killing other characters will be permitted, but only during the AB game.

Also, you don't need to know the game or the series to join the RP.  The rules of the game are simple.  9 people were knocked out with a white gas and have bracelets put on them and forced to play the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition.  The Nonary Game is a game that has to do with the number 9.  There is only one exit, the number 9 door.  The only way to get through the door is to get the number on your bracelet to 9.  The number on your bracelet is known as your Bracelet Points, or BP.  Everyone starts with 3 BP and is either a Pair, or a Solo, with a corresponding color.  There will be three pairs and three solos, each with one of three colors.  The Pairs must team up with the Solos to go through one of three colored doors known as Chromatic Doors.  These doors will lead to a room where you must find a Keycard so you can enter the Ambidex Rooms where you can play the Ambidex Game.  The Ambidex Game (AB Game) is how you gain BP.  You will be playing against whoever you went into the Chromatic Doors with, Pairs play together against the Solo, and vice-versa.

You have two options: Ally, or Betray.  If both sides choose ally, both sides gain 2 BP.  However, if both choose betray, both sides stay the same.  But, if one side chooses ally, and the other chooses betray, the side that picked ally loses 2 BP and the side that picked betray gain 3 BP.  If your BP reaches 0, you get penalized, which results in your death.  Also, Pairs share the same fate.  So if one loses 2 BP, the other does too.  However, if only one gets to 0, the other doesn't get penalized too, unless they reach 0 too.  After each AB game, the colors and Pair/Solo get switched around at random, and you must go through another set of Chromatic Doors.

There's more to the game, but this first post is already long enough.  So, if anyone has any ideas for it, or you're just interested in doing this RP, leave a post!  If we get enough people interested, I'll make the sign-up thread.

Guest DEADACCOUNT2333

ill join

Question, since the room escape sequences are pretty much going to be non-existent or handwaved for the most part, would it be a better idea to make them time-sensitive sequences? Like, after going through the chromatic doors, everyone would be locked in for a specific period of time (maybe like 1 or 2 hours IC and 1-2 weeks OOC), so while there wouldn't be logic puzzles, everyone would still be pretty much forced to interact with whomever they get stuck in a room with. Or the puzzles could be up to whoever gets locked in a room together so that could still remain as an IC aspect to the story without actually being integral to the roleplay?That's just my $.02, though, since I can understand how convoluted the actual escape puzzles would be in a text format. lol

Yeah, I kinda figured it'd be a way for the three characters to interact with eachother while 'solving' the puzzle, and just having it be a few posts, which would be the equivilant of a few minutes, since it's usually a couple hours between the chromatic doors openings.