•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

About an FF7 remake...

FFVII PS4 PC

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Did you want a remake or are you happy with the port?(16 members have cast votes)

1. I'm not happy with the port at all... It needs a remake! (8 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. I'd rather have a remake, but oh well. At least we got the port. (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

3. A remake isn't needed. Enjoy the port. (4 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. I'm not happy with either. Remake 8 or 9. (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. I'm not happy with either. Port 8 or 9. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

To vote, please sign in or register.

#21 Soravids

Soravids

Alicia Maddox Fanboy!

• 1,979 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:13 AM

Already told you I'm getting the PS4 port. And no, I won't. Because like many others I don't believe they need remakes and would much rather play new games.

So you don't think Re:CoM was good? And you were looking forward to KH2.5 and X/X-2 HD. Why's that? Thought you'd "much rather a new game."

Edited by soravids, 29 December 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#22 Sora96

Sora96

KH13 Legend & WakelessDream's Boyfriend

• 25,785 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:19 AM

So you don't think Re:CoM was good? And you were looking forward to KH2.5 and X/X-2 HD. Why's that? Thought you'd "much rather a new game."

It was okay, honestly would have preferred Birth by Sleep sooner and on PS2 though. Ports are completely different, since look we got Lightning Returns at the same time as X/X-2.

#23 Soravids

Soravids

Alicia Maddox Fanboy!

• 1,979 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:23 AM

It was okay, honestly would have preferred Birth by Sleep sooner and on PS2 though. Ports are completely different, since look we got Lightning Returns at the same time as X/X-2.

Still. If we all only wanted new experiences, Re:CoM, Re: Coded, 1.5, 2.5, FF X/X2 HD and Type 0 HD wouldn't exist. We'd still need a gameboy for CoM and Coded would be non existent.

Edited by soravids, 29 December 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#24 Sora96

Sora96

• 25,785 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:26 AM

Still. If we all only wanted new experiences, Re:CoM, Re: Coded, 1.5, 2.5, FF X/X2 HD and Type 0 HD wouldn't exist. We'd still need a gameboy for CoM and Coded would be non existent.

I have no issues with ports. Ports are amazing since you can outsource them and have them done in a short period of time whilst still making a great new game like Lightning Returns.

Some remakes are fine but it really depends on your reasoning, budget and the team developing it. In the case of Re:coded you've got a need to make it available worldwide, it's a low budget title and you can outsource it to h.a.n.d who developed 358/2 Days. That ticks all the boxes.

#25 Soravids

Soravids

Alicia Maddox Fanboy!

• 1,979 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

I have no issues with ports. Ports are amazing since you can outsource them and have them done in a short period of time whilst still making a great new game like Lightning Returns.

Some remakes are fine but it really depends on your reasoning, budget and the team developing it. In the case of Re:coded you've got a need to make it available worldwide, it's a low budget title and you can outsource it to h.a.n.d who developed 358/2 Days. That ticks all the boxes.

Then outsource the VII remake. :P

#26 Sora96

Sora96

• 25,785 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

Then outsource the VII remake. :P

It doesn't work like that. What developer has a 300 odd person team lying around?

#27 Soravids

Soravids

Alicia Maddox Fanboy!

• 1,979 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:34 AM

It doesn't work like that. What developer has a 300 odd person team lying around?

Plenty. Just do a little digging. Plus, get ready cause once an FF surpasses VII in terms of quality, they're remaking it.

#28 Sora96

Sora96

• 25,785 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:36 AM

Plenty. Just do a little digging. Plus, get ready cause once an FF surpasses VII in terms of quality, they're remaking it.

LOL. I seriously doubt it. You name one. LOL. That crap was said years and years ago, a ton has changed since then.

#29 Soravids

Soravids

Alicia Maddox Fanboy!

• 1,979 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

LOL. I seriously doubt it. You name one. LOL. That crap was said years and years ago, a ton has changed since then.

Doesn't matter. Still relevant. It'll happen one day. Will you be disappointed? Why?

#30 Sora96

Sora96

• 25,785 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:41 AM

Doesn't matter. Still relevant. It'll happen one day. Will you be disappointed? Why?

Nah, it won't. Disappointed? Lol. Square Enix is going amazing.

#31 Soravids

Soravids

Alicia Maddox Fanboy!

• 1,979 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:44 AM

Nah, it won't. Disappointed? Lol. Square Enix is going amazing.

Yes, it will.

#32 Sorarocks93

Sorarocks93
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

What in the world makes you think that will ever happen? Yeah sure, we might be saying "oh look FFXV looks epic" or "this is the return of Square!" but really, I do believe that is just false hope.

Heck as Sora96 says they might even make XV-2. What the hell is that? Why can't they make a main FF game nowdays that stands on it's own and doesn't need sequels and mobile games and whatnot. 

I'm happy VIII is my favorite game, they haven't touched it since and they shouldn't. I don't trust SquareENIX with that...

#33 BlankShell

BlankShell

Amazing Cyber Sleuth

• 2,023 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:47 AM

It would piss off way too many people, especially since it would basically be a playable Advent Children. They know that.

#34 Sorarocks93

Sorarocks93
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

It would piss off way too many people, especially since it would basically be a playable Advent Children. They know that.

Playable AC? How so? It would still have the same exact battle system.

#35 BlankShell

BlankShell

Amazing Cyber Sleuth

• 2,023 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

Playable AC? How so? It would still have the same exact battle system.

I mean in terms of thematics and looks. Cloud would be characterized much more like his AC version, because that's the most recent one.

#36 Sorarocks93

Sorarocks93
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

I mean in terms of thematics and looks. Cloud would be characterized much more like his AC version, because that's the most recent one.

In Dissidia 012 he looked way more like his original version. They can make him like that.

#37 Prower Power

Prower Power

Oops

• 1,999 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:33 PM

I don't really care.

Edited by Blue, 29 December 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#38 Caity

Caity

The girl that chased the rabbit

• 4,770 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:33 PM

I personally couldn't see a remake happening, ever. 

#39 Velvet Scarlatina

Velvet Scarlatina
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

I couldn't care less. A Final Fantasy VII remake is most likely going to be Square Enix's "get-out-of-debt-free" card, so most likely we won't see it for a long time until they absolutely need it.

#40 Clouded Sun

Clouded Sun

Just, don't expect me to go easy on you.

• 1,614 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

Ehhh, I'll just play FFVII on my phone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FFVII, PS4, PC