Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

KH2 How do I defeat Sephiroth?

How do I defeat Sephiroth?

It's kinda funny, in KHFM I own him (well to be honest I own all bosses in KHFM, even Unknown. What a letdown.) but in KH2FM he owns me. Lol.

To be perfectly honest, I don't like guarding or using magic. I'd rather just dodge enemy attacks or absorb them and use Aerial Recovery to bounce back at them or simply overpower an enemy.

How do I defeat Sephiroth?

It's kinda funny, in KHFM I own him (well to be honest I own all bosses in KHFM, even Unknown. What a letdown.) but in KH2FM he owns me. Lol.

To be perfectly honest, I don't like guarding or using magic. I'd rather just dodge enemy attacks or absorb them and use Aerial Recovery to bounce back at them or simply overpower an enemy.

I used the Oblivion Keyblade with the strength buffs. All I did to beat him was use everything I had. The only magic I used was cure, and it's as simple as evade his attacks, than counter strike.

Well since you're not the kind to Guard or use Magic, I'm guessing you wouldn't take the Guard + Counterguard and Reflega approach. xD

I say just have Decisive Pumpkin equipped as your weapon. For your abilities, make sure you have Trinity Limit. Basically the idea here is to spam Trinity as much as possible. For items, just have Ether/Elixers equipped/shortcutted. When those dark orbs appear around you, normally you'd have to Reflect them away, but KH2FM gives you access to Vicinity Break, which is awesome.

But yeah... that's pretty much the gist. Good luck mate! :D

Peace!

Well if you don't like guard than it's no wonder you're having trouble with him. Guard is your best friend in that fight along with reflect so you should use it when he tries to slash his sword at you. It really helps because then you can counter his attacks

Trinity Limit and Limit form are you best friends in this fight, I normally wait until I have the Ultima Weapon to fight him since the ability helps in that fight but you can use other Keyblades.  Oblivion is helpful since if you use Limit form and are in MP Charge you will gain more Drive in order to go back into Limit Form, also have Damage Drive and form boost equipped as well.  Growth Abilities are also usefully have them all leveled up to the max especially Glide and Arial Dodge and you probably want max High Jump too so you can reach him when he dose his Sin Harvest Angle thing but if you do get hit by it or know that you won't reach him in time have all your items filled with Elixirs  

I've heard that Limit Form can work wonders, which will be my strategy. I'm like you, I hate using Guard and Magic (although you'll probably change your mind in BBS, where it's much more refined).

And honestly, he was super nerfed in KHFM, so it's not surprising there's a disparity =P. I liked the Unknown fight though, that was a fun battle.

If you are experienced enough in Kingdom Hearts you must to learn to use guard like the most said.

It is also important for the data battles and ling will. However it won't help always.

The rest is just practice and predict his moves like in KH1.

Well, here's how I beat him in my PS2 Kingdom Hearts II.  I made sure to block all of his attacks, observe key movements to his attacks, and then counterattack, and use reaction commands when prompted, and then use Trinity Limit as many people here have said, and basically do that until you beat him.  Oh, and like Yusei mentioned, you'll need all the Elixirs/Megalixirs you can get your hands on, because if you're unlucky enough to get hit by his Heartless Angel attack, you'll be left with only one HP and no MP, so quickly use your Elixir/Megalixir to restore your health and magic!  And try to prevent him from doing Heartless Angel altogether.  Also, when his life is down to like four bars, he'll start throwing meteors at you, and no, these aren't like the ones Terranort throws you in the final battle against him in Birth By Sleep in Terra's story, I mean meteors that cover the screen, so run around like mad, literally!  Honestly man, even if you don't like blocking, for the sake of this fight, block! Aaaand that's all the advice I gots for ya! :P

Edited by Shigehiko

Yeah, I hate to say it, but guard is EXTREMELY important in this battle. Also, it's not absolutely necessary to have this, but when he summons those dark orbs, personally, I found the easiest way to deal with that was to use Reflega. I'd probably bring a few elixirs along, as others have stated, his Heartless Angel attack depletes your health to 1 and drains all your mana. For that, you'll need to have Valor Form maxed and have Master Form at least level 5. Also, when he does that thing where he knocks you up into the air, let him, because as soon as your in the air, you'll be able to do more damage to him. When he uses the meteor attack, basically you can just fly around in circles (if you've leveled up Final Form).

Sephiroth normally wrecks me but before this playthrough I never did a no armor/accessory and default weapon run. Thanks to that. I'm getting better and Sephiroth's a joke. I didn't face him without armor or accessories though, but I did use the Kingdom Key and I do have the save file placed to rematch him anytime (wish i didnt need a separate save to do this), so I could do it without.

I would jokingly say git gud, but honestly, you just need to block. Also if he knocks you into the air, just use the payback version of aerial recovery. I'm drawing a blank on what its actually called, but you just use square instead of circle.

Back to KH2, with the beginner difficulty level, he destroyed me. Once I used the guide for Sephirot, I almost destroyed him without letting him touch me. In KH2FM, playing on critical, I had to try several times before i could beat him. However, level 85, Ultima Weapon without Trinity Limit but, oh God Limit Form was a blessing. I mean Zantetsuken depleated 2 and a half bars per attack. Limit Form is so broken.