Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shana09

Film Sony scrapped "The Interview" Release

Sony Pictures has made official what has been painfully obvious to everybody since yesterday morning, when hackers threatened to blow up movie theaters if The Interview was released next week. The studio has officially scrapped its release plans. Sony had little choice here, after the major theater chains announced earlier todaythey would not display the film given the threatening circumstances. Here’s the statement:

“In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release. We respect and understand our partners’ decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers.

“Sony Pictures has been the victim of an unprecedented criminal assault against our employees, our customers, and our business. Those who attacked us stole ourintellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like. We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public. We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.”

Source: http://deadline.com/2014/12/sony-scraps-the-interview-1201328639/

Awwww that sucks, I really wanted to watch the movie :c.

For those who don't know, the Interview is the movie with James Franco and Seth Rogan where they go on a mission to North Korea. Lets just say, North Korea and their 'beloved' leader has been pissed about this for a while after they have seen the movie for themselves.

Personally, I think these hackers are just idiots and big fat liars. If anything they're probably completely harmless sitting in front of their computers in their mom's basements. That's just my speculation on the matter. But for the security and safety of all I can understand why they would cancel it. You never do know what's going to happen these days. I do hope i'm right though.Edit: So this apparently happened. Guess I was wrong. Figures though, I can sense that somethings going to happen. Threatening the lives of US citizens isn't exactly taken lightly by the government. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/north-korea-behind-sony-hack-u-s-officials-n270451

Edited by Rainbow Dash

Okay, like, I think it's a good move to do this because of the threats, however I'm deeply saddened by this because I wanted to see this movie as well

The thing is though, they really should've seen this coming. Making a movie about taking out the leader of North Korea? That's like poking a wolf with a stick, even though the wolf in this situation isn't really a wolf.

Okay, like, I think it's a good move to do this because of the threats, however I'm deeply saddened by this because I wanted to see this movie as wellThe thing is though, they really should've seen this coming. Making a movie about taking out the leader of North Korea? That's like poking a wolf with a stick, even though the wolf in this situation isn't really a wolf.

More like an angry Pomeranian. But yeah, this is to be expected.

And according to CNN that I'm watching right now, the hackers were from NK...

Are we seriously gonna let these guys show how weak westerners are by caving into their demands?

Okay, yeah, sure.  Let's just cave in to the demands of a country that has military technology dating back to World War II, and can't even feed half of its citizens.

And here I thought we "don't negotiate with terrorists."  What's even better is that this will inevitably invite a horde of dumbasses to start sending terror threats with any movie they feel pissed them off.

Can't we petition this? Has someone already started one?

A petition isn't going to change their minds. They're not going to provoke terrorists just to please some pissed off fans.

Okay, yeah, sure.  Let's just cave in to the demands of a country that has military technology dating back to World War II, and can't even feed half of its citizens.

And here I thought we "don't negotiate with terrorists."  What's even better is that this will inevitably invite a horde of dumbasses to start sending terror threats with any movie they feel pissed them off.

"We don't negotiate with terrorists" is the government's policy, not Hollywood's

And according to CNN that I'm watching right now, the hackers were from NK...

Are we seriously gonna let these guys show how weak westerners are by caving into their demands?

We didn't need to show them, it's been painfully obvious for years.

okay well come on, what were they thinking making a movie about killing the leader of NORTH KOREA. shit was bound to hit the fan.

But remember Team America? NK didn't get all pissy about that one. Though that was less about killing Il and more about Il trying to use SAG actors to take over the world.

I don't really care either way. the previews didn't seem that funny to me, and I like the occasional screwball comedy, Though it is just going to make them bolder with their attacks.

Meh people are screwed up and there's noting we can do about it.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

America isn't weak - the people who run it and permeate it are.  We've got all the guns and gadgets and programs to conquer the world five times over.  It's just that absolutely everyone here is so chickenshit of terrorists they don't even know what "counter-terrorism" actually means.

And honestly, this isn't even terrorism.  It's typical North Korea.  They pout, whine and tantrum about like big babies until they get what they want.  They're a two-foot bully, and I can't even begin to fathom why any country would put up with them.  Even China wouldn't miss them....

Edited by John Casey

This whole post has become irrelevant as through straight defiance (or pure stupidity), commercials for "The Interview" slated for a Dec 25th release are still playing this very second on TV. Oh Sony... *facepalms*

I just notice something when Red Dawn was remade they made the enemy country be north korea, and they didn't send threats about it.

It's more about Kim this time around. North Korean dictators and all.