Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dr. Shimo

KHBbS Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment

Would anyone have any tips for beating this guy on Critical difficulty (particularly with Terra at the moment)?I'm at a higher level than I was on any other difficulty when I beat him on the original (my Terra is currently level 60), but Terra just doesn't seem to dodge fast enough.

I have actually even considered the Strike Raid trick, though I am unsure if it even works in 2.5 anymore (I don't see why it wouldn't but you never know).At least with Mysterious Figure I always thought he was hard, but a little on the fair side xD Vanitas' Sentiment has NEVER been fair for me though lol

Terra's dodge IS the worst of the three, but you can eventually get the timing with practice

do you have Second Chance and Once More?

GET.

THE.

INVISIBITY STUFF.

FROM THE MIRAGE ARENA.

That's the only way I could nab him. xD

Wait... that WORKS?

With Terra, it's pretty difficult. The trick is to wait for him to use his Dark Cannon. If you're lucky, you can get an Ars off while he's doing it. If that's too risky, just keep dodging/healing and waiting for that attack in particular to hit him with a combo or two, and then a few times of that should be enough.

Terra's dodge IS the worst of the three, but you can eventually get the timing with practice

Wait... that WORKS?

Hell yeah, it works! What do ya think it's sitting there for, decoration? xD Using it creates about an 5-8 second  blind spot for your enemies, which allows you to swoop in, and quickly do what you need to do without being detected. This works on Lingering Sentiment, but I'm not sure about other secret bosses.

Edited by Pandy Monium

Hell yeah, it works! What do ya think it's sitting there for, decoration? xD Using it creates about an 5-8 second  blind spot for your enemies, which allows you to swoop in, and quickly do what you need to do without being detected. This works on Lingering Sentiment, but I'm not sure about other secret bosses.

That seems quite interesting for sure! I may try it. 

Wait... that WORKS?

Timing is hard for sure, but enough practice should help! And yes, I have every ability available.

Here's the key: spam his dodge and use Square mines. NEVER USE CURE!!!!!!!! Use mega potions because he can heal himself with your cures and you will never beat him. 

I never use cure haha. Learned my lesson on the PSP. Hi potions are what I have been using, plus Square mines, plus Aerial Slam. Terra's dodge just seems ridiculously slow, and it seems to make a longer hit box for Terra (I know he's invincible somewhat, but Vanitas is faster).

The big thing is... Armor of the Master AND No Heart were both fun, even if challenging with Terra. And Mysterious Figure was always at least somewhat fun on the PSP. But I can't stand Vanitas, he tends to be so cheap here, and it ruins the fun of the game for me a lot of the time (and I still have to do it all again with both Aqua and Ven).Blah :/

I never use cure haha. Learned my lesson on the PSP. Hi potions are what I have been using, plus Square mines, plus Aerial Slam. Terra's dodge just seems ridiculously slow, and it seems to make a longer hit box for Terra (I know he's invincible somewhat, but Vanitas is faster).

The big thing is... Armor of the Master AND No Heart were both fun, even if challenging with Terra. And Mysterious Figure was always at least somewhat fun on the PSP. But I can't stand Vanitas, he tends to be so cheap here, and it ruins the fun of the game for me a lot of the time (and I still have to do it all again with both Aqua and Ven).Blah :/

It's a lot easier with Ven and Aqua at least. Plus if you level up Terra more, it will be easier. Terra is based on strength not speed so it'll be a little harder.  

I don't remember exactly with which of the characters I beat Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment with,(I think it was with Aqua.) but what I can say is that you just have to dodge as much as you possibly can and hope to find an opening.  Mine Square is good for dispatching him, and well, if you can get close enough to use the Spellweaver attack or a quick Shotlock, you're golden!  I hated this boss with a passion, but loved it at the same time because of how devious a challenge he was! There's nothing I love more than a challenge, and Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment delivered!  And all he had was one bar of HP!  Imagine if he had more than two!  That would have been a nightmare! xD

Edited by Shigehiko

After a while, I caved and just Strike Raided him. Still works! Mysterious figure took a little bit, but there was at least strategy of some sort there so it was fun. Beat him with Ven with the tornadoes today as well, so now only Aqua is left! (grinding is a pain though; fortunately Terra's battle levels went up, though the others have yet to do so)