Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

KHRecoded *SPOILERS!* Kingdom Hearts HD Re:coded movie cutscenes in English

They got the Winnie the Pooh to voice the Cheshire Cat? This is all kinds of weird

There were a couple characters from old Disney movies that sounded like Winnie the Pooh

Wow. A lot of the acting got really bad. Osment is trying his best, but he still yells to keep his voice young. It's really off-putting when Sora needs to speak softly and then all his emotion falls flat, especially as it goes on. Riku and Mickey can get really flat. Donald and Goofy were fine, though the lip sync really hold them back, especially in the "Friends are my power" scene. Donald, himself, sounds funky too. Like he's sick or something. Which is odd, because he sounds fine in the Mickey Mouse shorts. 

Roxas, Jim Cummings, Maleficent, Hades, Hercules (except for that one line), Alice, and Jafar were the only good ones. Genie's alright. I still think he's not crazy enough. 

There were a couple characters from old Disney movies that sounded like Winnie the Pooh

yeah, just like how a lot sound like Tigger, but it sounds REALLY weird hearing Cheshire Cat dialog with Pooh's voice

First: Thanks Dimi3Infinity! :DPositive: MUCH better than the Days movie. The Coded movie is more connected, which helps follow it. The facial animations and movements are detailed and look REALLY good, in some moments they are the best in the series so far. While there is never too much of a translation jump with the series, it is always nice to get and hear the proper English dialogue to understand what the characters are saying. I know it gets harder and harder to listen to Haley do Young Sora as time goes on, but it puts a smile on my face knowing so many original voice actors returned to their respective roles.Negative: Damn that voice direction. A majority are fine, but the spacing is terrible on some lines. I know that is just what happens sometimes, but it's distracting at many points. Lip-syncing is bad, and comparing it to KH2 and BBS just makes it worst. I appreciate the fight scenes the fight scenes and those 2 secret scenes that hint at KH3, but I still just DO NOT CARE about this story, and all of these negative points just weigh it down even more.

First: Thanks Dimi3Infinity! :DPositive: MUCH better than the Days movie. The Coded movie is more connected, which helps follow it. The facial animations and movements are detailed and look REALLY good, in some moments they are the best in the series so far. While there is never too much of a translation jump with the series, it is always nice to get and hear the proper English dialogue to understand what the characters are saying. I know it gets harder and harder to listen to Haley do Young Sora as time goes on, but it puts a smile on my face knowing so many original voice actors returned to their respective roles.Negative: Damn that voice direction. A majority are fine, but the spacing is terrible on some lines. I know that is just what happens sometimes, but it's distracting at many points. Lip-syncing is bad, and comparing it to KH2 and BBS just makes it worst. I appreciate the fight scenes the fight scenes and those 2 secret scenes that hint at KH3, but I still just DO NOT CARE about this story, and all of these negative points just weigh it down even more.

the spacing is a common problem when they can't afford to redo the lip sync. It's the best way they know how to make the dialog match the Japanese lip flaps

the spacing is a common problem when they can't afford to redo the lip sync. It's the best way they know how to make the dialog match the Japanese lip flaps

They should have spent more time with the script so that the pauses doesn't sound awkward. It takes effort, but it's not impossible. : / For example....they should never ever end in the word "that". ....just....yeah. It's never a good place to pause. The rhythm of the line just grinds to a halt. : / ...but they probably don't have enough time to perfect the script. =_=

They got the Winnie the Pooh to voice the Cheshire Cat? This is all kinds of weird

The original Cheshire Cat was done by the same guy who did Pooh as well (Sterling Hollaway).

The original Cheshire Cat was done by the same guy who did Pooh as well (Sterling Hollaway).

Interesting. They definitely sound less different in this iteration though